Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,531 members, 7,812,649 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Can I Ask Him Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Ask Him Out? (1691 Views)

Should I Ask Him Out? / Females If He Would'nt Propose.... Ask Him These Questions / Girlz, How Do I Ask A Girl To Be My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Ask Him Out? by hypnotized: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
hi house, there is this guy that just moved into my area. we dont talk at all, but am goin crazy over him. i know he likes me too cus i see the way he stares at at me wheneva our path crosses,but he has not made anymove to ask me out,though my girlfrendz say its my faukt cuz of the way i kpme face outside it will take only miltary guys to ask me out,for him av tryd smiling ovften bt he stl avn done anythng.am rly dyin 4him bt fm dway things are going i have a feeling he'll soon bt i dont have the patience anymor.pls will it be totally wrong if i let him him know how much i likehim? and wont he brag to his frendz abt it or tk advantage of me eventually.pls help me out fellow nairalanders. thank a heap.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by Busta(f): 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2008
Why has it become a sucide attempt in africa for a girl to ask a guy out?

if you keep waiting for him to make the move . . u might just end up losing out on him!
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2008
hypnotized:

wont he brag to his frendz about it or tk advantage of me eventually.
Certain as the sun rises in the east, he will.
Shut up and wait for him to make the move.
Ask ur sistas or friends on tips on how to make it easy for him. It's a woman thing. They know this shit.
Keep ur pride girl.
They don't teach that in school.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by jgirl3: 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
hypnotized:

am rly dyin 4him bt fm dway things are going i have a feeling he'll soon bt i don't have the patience anymor.please will it be totally wrong if i let him him know how much i likehim? and wont he brag to his frendz about it or tk advantage of me eventually.
Only an immature guy will brag about that.
Don't ask him out as in . . . .will you go out with me?
Just ask to hang out with him.
That way, if you really don't like him as much as you thought, you won't find it difficult to stay friends with him.
Just don't get into a relationship with him too quickly.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by spikedcylinder: 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
hypnotized:

hi house, there is this guy that just moved into my area. we don't talk at all, but am goin crazy over him. i know he likes me too cus i see the way he stares at at me wheneva our path crosses,but he has not made anymove to ask me out,though my girlfrendz say its my faukt because of the way i kpme face outside it will take only miltary guys to ask me out,for him av tryd smiling ovften bt he stl avn done anythng.am rly dyin 4him bt fm dway things are going i have a feeling he'll soon bt i don't have the patience anymor.please will it be totally wrong if i let him him know how much i likehim? and wont he brag to his frendz about it or tk advantage of me eventually.please help me out fellow nairalanders. thank a heap.

In this part of this world, it IS suicide mission to ask a guy out. . . . especially when the guy is done with you, you will become entertainment for him and his friends.
So just hush and keep your pride intact but DO keep smiling at him and try and look for situations to strike up conversations with him. That way, the ball would be in his court and if he really likes you, he will do something about the damn ball.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by tammyswits(f): 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2008
Yeah be friends first
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by honeric01(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2008
Why not get familiar with him? as in get him into a chat, one thing can lead to the other, then you know, you guys can become friends from that aspect, then it will be easy for him to ask you out once he kinds you "attractive" to him.
But make sure you don't let him see the "signal of a desperate girl looking for love" on your face while you cruise along the path of adventure.
Uhm,
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by bami1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2008
not advisable dear,
but if ur bent on asking, be prepared for all those consequences u listed and maybe even more
however, u never know,
e fit be decent gentleman and all
but be prepared for the worst
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by Nautillus(m): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2008
Give it a try, just sk him and see how it goes, he might or might not take advantage of you. you will NEVA know until you try.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by bami1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2008
let me share from some1s experience maybe it'll help

dis dude & chic have been pals for a while & she felt he was interested in more but with all d greenlight et al d guy no just decode (or maybe he did) so she asked him & he said no and they should just continue being friends. all he could say was that he respected the girls courage a lot, no dissing at all.

i know of sum1 else who just kept avoiding the girl but i think thats plain stupid.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by engee2(f): 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2008
spikedcylinder:

In this part of this world, it IS suicide mission to ask a guy out. . . . especially when the guy is done with you, you will become entertainment for him and his friends.
So just hush and keep your pride intact but DO keep smiling at him and try and look for situations to strike up conversations with him. That way, the ball would be in his court and if he really likes you, he will do something about the damn ball.

ma dear if its in another part of the world ok but niger pls keep ur proud but it ok 2 be friendly with him
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by yimiton(f): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2008
Girl,
Keep your cool!
Don't ask that guy out at all, if he already thinks you're cool, asking him out will drop your value immediately.

I know how frustrating it could be to really like a guy and wonder if he feels the same way about you and the little fear that he might just start dating someone else while you're still there forming the good girl.

But Here is what to do:

Be friends with him, I mean, pure innocent friendship is what should come first.
Spend time with him, but don't be clingy.
Talk with him, get to know if he has any other relationship or if there's someone else he really likes. If there's no other, good for you.
Have other male friends and let him know they exist, let him know there's this particular one you really like and whom you're seriuosly considering because he's really cool.
Go out on date with other guys, but don't sleep with any of them!!
Be nice, be confident, be yourself and look good always.

If you do all these, if this guy is genuinly interested in you, tell you what girl, you'll open up and tell you, especially when he knows you're serious about dating someone else. He'll not want to loose you at all. But before you get to that level, you'll have to be a trusted friend first. He'll cherish you and will want to keep you.

Word of advice, don't go about it with any kind of aggression, don't kiss him, don't go about behaving as if you'll die without him but let him know you really like him.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by qtx(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2008
@poster, Baby let me tell u that what is keeping him from coming too close to even ask u out i gues should be based on how tough ur face has been each time u meet him. am a guy i know dat wen i want to make a move towards a babe one of the ways she can easily discourage me is giving me hard face although sometimes based on pretense but it discourages me alot. maybe by the time u start smiling naturally anytime ur parts cross then he will definitely have d courage to get closer and begin his job.  But dont ever try to ask him outrightly out, its not a crime but it has some effects later in the relationship bc its in this country and continent.
Goodluck smiley
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by agaba123(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
yimiton:

Girl,
Keep your cool!
Don't ask that guy out at all, if he already thinks you're cool, asking him out will drop your value immediately.

I know how frustrating it could be to really like a guy and wonder if he feels the same way about you and the little fear that he might just start dating someone else while you're still there forming the good girl.

But Here is what to do:

Be friends with him, I mean, pure innocent friendship is what should come first.
Talk with him, get to know if he has any other relationship or if there's someone else he really likes. If there's no other, good for you.
Have other male friends and let him know they exist, let him know there's this particular one you really like and whom you're seriuosly considering because he's really cool.

If you do all these, if this guy is genuinly interested in you, tell you what girl, you'll open up and tell you, especially when he knows you're serious about dating someone else. He'll not want to loose you at all. But before you get to that level, you'll have to be a trusted friend first. He'll cherish you and will want to keep you.

Word of advice, don't go about it with any kind of aggression, don't kiss him, don't go about behaving as if you'll die without him but let him know you really like him.

That is very easy when you are not having a crush. if you are not smitten, yea but this baby appears to be smitten. Poor her
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by yimiton(f): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ Agaba,
I never said this was going to be easy, smitten or not, she'll be making a big mistake if she asks that guy out.
Trust me, this will work if only she'll be mature about it and just be herself.

The only thing I see here is that there might be a problem with her her male friends when she starts dating this dude, he might feel insecure and demand that she breaks up with the nice guy she was friends with before they started dating. It's usually a very big and painful sacrifice but after all these first steps have have been achieved, you just discover you're suddenly in charge but that is if you can start by getting a grip on your emotions.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by whitelexi(m): 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2008
e be like that guy get babe cool
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by yimiton(f): 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
whitelexi:

e be like that guy get babe cool

Most probably. If that is the case, I advice the poster should keep her distance, otherwise, he'll come round to ask her out.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by hollandis(f): 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
hypnotized:

hi house, there is this guy that just moved into my area. we don't talk at all, but am goin crazy over  him. i know he likes me too cus i see the way he stares at at me wheneva our path crosses,but he has not made anymove to ask me out,though my girlfrendz say its my faukt because of the way i kpme face outside it will take only miltary guys to ask me out,for him av tryd smiling ovften bt he stl avn done anythng.am rly dyin 4him bt fm dway things are going i have a feeling he'll soon bt i don't have the patience anymor.please will it be totally wrong if i let him him know how much i likehim? and wont he brag to his frendz about it or tk advantage of me eventually.please help me out fellow nairalanders. thank a heap.

Go on talk to the guy--------- i hope say the guy no be like me or no be me sef because i just park to one area cool
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by whitelexi(m): 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2008
hollandis:

Go on talk to the guy--------- i hope say the guy no be like me or no be me sef because i just park to one area cool

Bad son of a good father grin grin grin
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by lonelypal(m): 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2008
yimiton:

Girl,
Keep your cool!

But Here is what to do:

If i were him i will kip my distance then, that may b too risky wink

whats d use chasin him when u alrdy create an impresson on him that u have a crush on someone else?

@ post
There is no other way to it, just be urself cos its make it easier for the guy to come ur way when u remain ur usual self. It might take sumtime but true love is worth waitin for, be careful about it
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by hollandis(f): 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2008
whitelexi:

Bad son of a good father grin grin grin
lol ,but she is in love na a man has got to do what a man has got to do
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by yimiton(f): 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ lonely pal,
That is the point. His knowing that you're attractive to other people and that your world doesn't simply revolve round him makes you more attractive to him.

What's more, men like to do the pursuing, knowing that you aren't dating any man but there's the posibility of your dating someone else makes him jealous, guided and take the leap, except he's a coward or doesn't just like you.

Eventually, if he doesn't ask you out, life simply continues and you keep your nice male friends. No one gets hurts that is why you must free your mind at the begining and let good pure friendship reign otherwise so you don't get hurt if he dosn't feel so strongly about you afterall.
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by Moyola(f): 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ topic

Nope! Let him be d 1 2 do that!! abi! undecided
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by hollandis(f): 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2008
Moyola:

@ topic

Nope! Let him be d 1 2 do that!! abi! undecided
pls dont put sand sand on someone else's garri lipsrsealed
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by whitelexi(m): 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
@TOPIC: Would u rather languish is peripheral lust and desire? Why not quench this fire with a dose of courage and boldness. . .  When next u come across him on the way, walk close to him and just as u pass each other, say these words loud enough for him to hear: "See you head", watch his reaction grin grin grin
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by Moyola(f): 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2008
hollandis:

please don't put sand sand on someone else's garri lipsrsealed

naa, i dont intend 2 do such!

juz thnk it'd b beta 2 let d guy make d first move in such situashun!! abi?! undecided
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by onyinye2(f): 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
Moyola:

juz thnk it'D b beta 2 let d guy make d first move in such situashun!! abi?! undecided
Straight Up! lipsrsealed I wouldn't want to make the first move. lipsrsealed
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by Moyola(f): 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2008
whitelexi:

@TOPIC: Would u rather languish is peripheral lust and desire? Why not quench this fire with a dose of courage and boldness. . .  When next u come across him on the way, walk close to him and just as u pass each other, say these words loud enough for him to hear: "See you head", watch his reaction grin grin grin

haha. . . .  cheesy

Yeye dude,

imagine u d guy n she said such thing to u whot will u do?
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by whitelexi(m): 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2008
Moyola:

haha. . . . cheesy

Yeye dude,

imagine u d guy n she said such thing to u whot will u do?

If i be shy guy [God Forbid!] and i no fit approach the girl, i'll be looking for a 1st move that'll bring us together. . . If she says that to me with a smile on her face, walahi, it'll inject boldness into the system - a rare opportunity to get the ball rolling grin grin grin
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by lonelypal(m): 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2008
yimiton:

@ lonely pal,
That is the point. His knowing that you're attractive to other people and that your world doesn't simply revolve round him makes you more attractive to him.

What's more, men like to do the pursuing, knowing that you aren't dating any man but there's the posibility of your dating someone else makes him jealous, guided and take the leap, except he's a coward or doesn't just like you.

Eventually, if he doesn't ask you out, life simply continues and you keep your nice male friends. No one gets hurts that is why you must free your mind at the begining and let good pure friendship reign otherwise so you don't get hurt if he dosn't feel so strongly about you afterall.

it could be other men but certainly not me, not all men my dear smiley besides maintaining ur stance doesnt mke u a coward. the big question is what if the gu is not feeling her? u can nevr tell, but its all good if she develops some strategy to get his attention but i stil maintain that givin him that impression of have-got-loads-of-them could be risky. It turns some men off
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by Moyola(f): 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Straight Up! lipsrsealed I wouldn't want to make the first move. lipsrsealed

xactly!!jare

whitelexi:

If i be shy guy [God Forbid!] and i no fit approach the girl, i'll be looking for a 1st move that'll bring us together. . . If she says that to me with a smile on her face, walahi, it'll inject boldness into the system - a rare opportunity to get the ball rolling grin grin grin

lol. . . .

imagine she sayz it as though shez got some beef widya, without a smile. . . wt will u do?
Re: Can I Ask Him Out? by whitelexi(m): 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2008
@TOPIC:

On a 2nd thought sha, the only other reason that will make a guy bone u is if u no fine, @poster: abi u worwor?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Respect To Our Naija Babes: Please! / Social Network Site For Nigerians Known For Unclothedness Display? / The Story Of My Immediate Life. I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.