Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran (11421 Views)

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE / South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran / Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2008
OutlukBabe:

I will like to point out that Iam not anti-west. What I was trying to point out is our lack of guts and hope for development. We have to look into ourselve and findout why are we that underdeveloped. The Western (Nuclear) powers have no interest whatsoever to help us develop our infractructure or our industries, neither does Iran or India or China. All nations are after protecting their own economic interest. If the western countries will provide nuclear power for us, and we have sufficient electricity, that will make our industries functional, and so manufacturing in Nigeria become cheap, and hence our less dependence on imports. But if we stop importing, what will happen to their economy? Why do u thing companies are closing in US and moving to countries like China and India?
QUESTIONS
Are you in essence trying to claim the reason why we do not have sufficient power supply is because the “WESTERN” countries have yet to provide us with nuclear power? What has the reason why companies are closing in US and moving to china and india, according to you, to do with this deal?

OutlukBabe:

I'm not a policy maker in Nigeria and I don't have the detail of the deal between Nigeria and Iran. If it is going to turn out like the deal between Nigerian govt and the Oil companies, or like Ajakouta deal with Indians or like Cement deal with Lafarge, then it is a bad deal. But if the deal is about starting our own nuclear programme, then I will support it. But anything short of that is just like the same old story.
So, you believe this is the first of such deals made by Nigeria for this same? Think about the deals you mentioned above and try to think back to the problem signs from the beginning. Now apply that to this current deal and maybe see what is clearly wrong here, yet again.

OutlukBabe:

However people should also note that when the Americans talk about International Community, they are talking about themselve and some few countries in the EU (not all EU countries). They don't care about what other nation think. Let us view it from democracy perspective.
Why does this matter when it comes to considering the benefits of this signed deal with Iran at this point? No nation on the planet has to care for the other so I see no reason why this should even be mentioned.

OutlukBabe:

The UN security coucil (15 countires only) decides on all the sactions and most of the decision in the world. Is that what u call international communities? What about the general assembly whose resolution and decisions are alls thrown through the window. Is that democratic enough? A lot of nations are yearning for nuclear electricity but they are afraid. The so called big nations are holding us back from development. Non of the big nation experience continues power supply untill they embrace nuclear energy. Even South Africa are building more nuclear reactors (they have 2 already, producing 2000M, more than what Nigeria is producin today).
Are you sure the UN Is against countries acquiring nuclear technology for energy generation? Are you sure that is the main issue here??

OutlukBabe:

My concern is not what America thinks or what is their interest all about. They havent experience power cut and load shedding like we do, so they don't know. They have solve their electricity problem with their nuclear reactors.Their main issue is oil, they want to drive fast cars. Their chemical industries need hydrocarbons, that is why America are in romance with the greatest dictators in d world (Saudis). Cos they give them the oil. As far as I am concerned, it is not about religion or anything, it is about national interest. In the American media u will Pakistan bla bla, Afganistan bla bla, Iran bla bla bla. How many times have u heard Saudi?
You seriously believe America is holding panicking because Nigeria signed a Nuclear technology deal with Iran to help solve electricity problems? LMAO!
OutlukBabe:

Every nation thinking of its future must think of how to develop a nuclear programme. South Africa have reactivated their nuclear programm. Why can't we have? It doesnt matter where it come from. We just need to have it. That is all.
Do you seriously think there are countries out there that are fighting actively to make sure Nigeria does not get Nuclear energy to fix it’s problems?

OutlukBabe:

This is an excerpt from South African programmes
"Early in 2007 the Eskom board approved a plan to boost output to 80 GWe by 2025, including construction of 20 GWe of new nuclear capacity so that nuclear contribution to power would rise from 6% to more than 25% and coal's contribution would fall from 87% now to below 70%. The new program will start with up to 4 GWe of PWR capacity to be built from 2009-10, with the first unit commissioned in 2016. The environmental assessment process is under way, considering five sites, and selection of technology will follow in the first half of 2008. Areva's EPR and Westinghouse AP1000 have been short-listed. Areva is heading a consortium of South African engineering group Aveng, the French construction group Bouygues and Electricite de France which has submitted a bid to supply two EPR units. Westinghouse is matching this with a bid with three 1134 MWe AP1000 units. The Westinghouse-led consortium includes the Shaw Group and the South African engineering firm Murray & Roberts." from http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/

I think your response is too focused on what the west thinks and what you think the UN says than it is focused on the real issue, which is what the effect of such a plan will be on Nigerians. We have seen promises of so many other technological advancements, of all those plans, you can count about 95% of them that are recorded as failed plans today. We embarked on a multi-billion dollar power generation project during the last administration that we are still trying to understand today. But somehow you feel the problem to Nigeria acquiring Nuclear energy is the UN or the WEST? Worse, signing a deal with another country that itself has not been able to adequately use the technology to it’s own advantage, is a good deal for Nigeria because of the West?
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by MCUsman(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2008
Posted by: Kobojunkie

Why are adressing issues with questions angry angry angry. You post looks beutiful but lacks any inputs.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2008
MC Usman:

Posted by: Kobojunkie

Why are adressing issues with questions angry angry angry. You post looks beutiful but lacks any inputs.

I don't think we necessarily need input at this point. I mean the question is not IF nuclear power will benefit Nigeria or Not. The problem is not if Nigeria can afford this or not. I believe this deal is harmful because it is being signed with a country that itself has not been able to use the technology to it's own advantage. Iran has not a country that one can consider to be technologically advanced. Why are we signing such a deal with it? Why not sign one with South Africa instead? That would make more sense than this. Asking questions here is to help me understand why these people do not see this glaring problem.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by OutlukBabe(f): 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2008
I will also want to point out that developed countries are not in anyway willing to help us. During the National Energy Master Plan in 2003 no option was left unturned. That was when the decision to go into nuclear energy started, the President of Nigeria then promised to support any policy capable of taking us out this doldrum. The President then have travelled to any known developed country to personally negotiate, but non of them even want to even help us. That was what took the President to Tehran and Russia in 2004. The President visited one of the Iranian Nuclear energy test site (not reported in the media). My problem is that no country will just willingly give u its technology. We have to start our own programme. The only way that will be possible, we need an initial support. Whereever it comes from

[b]"The quest for scientific breakthrough and the institutionalization of scientific infrastructure in the field of nuclear technology yielded results September 30, 2004, when the much awaited Nigeria Nuclear Research Reactor, dubbed NNRR-1, was commissioned by President Olusegun Obasanjo, who was represented by Science and Technology Minister, Prof. Turner Isoun.
The march towards the development of nuclear technology in Nigeria started about 28years ago when the then Head of State promulgated the Atomic Energy Commission Decree in 1976 which, following series of  amendments, gave birth to the Energy Commission of Nigeria.

Due to the importance of the project, representative of Mohammed el-Baradie, Director General, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Mr. Vincent Nkong-Njock, and many other national and international scientists were in attendance.

And in line with international regulations, the Nigerian Nuclear Research Reactor is purely for peaceful application just as Dr. Ibrahim M. Umar, the Director of the Centre for Energy Research and Training, where the research reactor is located, emphasize that it is aimed at the economic development of Nigeria in the areas of agriculture, solid minerals, health, water resources, environment, industry, education and training.

The science minister noted, “Acquire nuclear technology and all other technologies shall be added unto thee,” to emphasize the importance Nigeria attached to the acquisition of nuclear technology, adding, “owing to the human resources development programmes of the nuclear energy research centers, there exists an indigenous pool of nuclear scientists and engineers, which can form the initial critical mass of the professionals needed, to start and sustained a structured nuclear programme.”

He however, concluded, “with the reasons and purposes for which we intend to use our nuclear technology for, we hope nobody will seek to blackmail us that our reactor is for reasons other than these.”

The project is also very important to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) because of the strong ties it had developed with Nigeria over the years.

It was in this regard that Mr. Vincent Nkong-Njock stated that the IAEA had, since 1995, been assisting Nigeria in the installation and operation of the reactor, hoping that this would open new prospects for nuclear technique applications and contribute to capacity building efforts.

Other contributors at the ceremony included Prof. S.B Elegba, Director General, Nuclear Regulatory Authority, the Minister of Water Resources, Alhaji Muhtar Shehu Shagari, Prof. I.H. Umar, former DG of ECN, and Professor Shehu Usman Abdullahi, Vice Chancellor, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, who was represented by the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration), Professor Yakubu Nasidi."[/b]
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2008
Oh Lord, na who send unaaaa OOOOOOOO, Trouble dey sleep Naija go wake am.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2008
OutlukBabe:

I will also want to point out that developed countries are not in anyway willing to help us. During the National Energy Master Plan in 2003 no option was left unturned. That was when the decision to go into nuclear energy started, the President of Nigeria then promised to support any policy capable of taking us out this doldrum. The President then have travelled to any known developed country to personally negotiate, but non of them even want to even help us.
You are still pushing this mentality that Nigeria is some BEGGAR nation that somehow needs to be pitied cause, according to you, no one is willing to help us. What exactly do you mean when you say that? That No developed countries out there is willing to send it’s people to Nigeria to rebuild Nigeria’s power system? What do you mean by that? None of them wanted to even help us? What do you mean by that?
OutlukBabe:

That was what took the President to Tehran and Russia in 2004. The President visited one of the Iranian Nuclear energy test site (not reported in the media). My problem is that no country will just willingly give u its technology. We have to start our own programme. The only way that will be possible, we need an initial support. Whereever it comes from
Why do you want them to GIVE YOU their technology? Nuclear technology for free? What do you mean here ??
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by OutlukBabe(f): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2008
What I am trying to say (sorry if Iam misunderstood) is every nation needs a little push up to start with. But it is difficult to get it just like that. In international politics sometime u beg, sometime u pretend u dont care but sometime u have to be stubborn. Nuclear Energy is one of such areas that is guarded jealously by the super powers. The Iranians got their own from initial ideas from AQ Khan (Pakistan) and so is North Korea. The Chinese got it from Russia. The Indians got their own from Russians. And the Russians from the US through espionage. Well US got theirs from the Germans that defected to America at the begining of the world war. It is a chain. That is how knowledge is. But this one guarded jealously. The South Africans are the worse of all. They are not our partners in development.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bawomolo(m): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2008
pakistani scientists were trained in the US and Great Britain, they didn't start their program without any help.  as for nuclear energy been safe and clean, where do u dispose the spent nuclear fuel rods? can nigeria afford the cost of storing these rods as they decay over time. u can't minimize the safety issue when dealing with radioactive material.  enrichment in iran has been slow so why are they our first source of nuclear technology. a country that has to beg for spare parts from pakistan and russia.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by OutlukBabe(f): 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2008
Yes their enrichment is slow and is not advance, but they are the only willing country for now. I remember back in 2006 when the issue first came up it is not that the Iranian are going to give us enriched uranium. The reactor and its ancilliary equipments for power plant will be built in Iran and the fissile material supplied by the Russians. But I dont know about the latest deal. So I may not likely make any coment on what the Iranians will most likely help Nigeria with. My concern now is not about the Iran or any other nation. My concern is Nigeria and Nigerians. Are we ready for a full Nuclear Programme? Are we patrotic enough to guard such a delicate technology? We just have to start thinking positively. We need to move forward somewhere and somehow despite all our problem in the past.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by PapaBrowne(m): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2008
@Topic
Hey, it's a scam.It's either Nigeria (some top government officials) is trying to swindle Iran or they are trying to extort some cash from the US or E.U.

No. On a second thought,I'm guessing Iran wants to scare the west into believing that they would share Nuclear secrets even with third world countries.

So they figure hmmm. . . . ."Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world . . . . we can pay some government officials to pretend as though we have signed a pact". That way, the west will get the message!!! Or so they think.

Nonsense!! What Nuclear technology does Iran have to offer? They not even an industrialized nation not to talk Nuclear agreement. It's like going to the hospital and instead of visiting a Doctor, you start asking a patient what the solution to your problem is. Then the patient decides to give you advice and prescription based on what the Doctor gave him.

In Nuclear Technology Iran is patient, not even a student, a patient!!
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by ALEXman007: 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2008
[/quote]Nonsense!! What Nuclear technology does Iran have to offer? They not even an industrialized nation not to talk Nuclear agreement. It's like going to the hospital and instead of visiting a Doctor, you start asking a patient what the solution to your problem is. Then the patient decides to give you advice and prescription based on what the Doctor gave him.

In Nuclear Technology Iran is patient, not even a student, a patient!!

[quote]

I don't care if Iran has the nuclear technological know-how or not. My concern is that Nigeria wouldn't know what to do with that technology even if they are giving it out free.

Let's just assume that Iran is for real what is Nigeria going to do with the technology? Power? Of course that's what they will say . But have they perfected the hydrological technology we've been using to generate power?

Nigeria should remember we are still having problems with the techology we have already even though it's not generating environmental waste. Uranium which is a highly radioactive elemement is the soul of the technology Iran is offering us. How do we deal with the nuclear waste? Are we ready to bear the strain the cleaning up of the nuclear waste is going to put on our economy? We should remember that even America is having problems managing their nuclear waste!

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by ALEXman007: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2008
Nigerians have always been good with white Elephant projects.
Why don't we look inwards and try and find our true worth? Why don't we carry out researches and come up with an indigenous technology? How long must we continue looking up to others to give us the left over of their technologies? How long must we endure the luxuries of "tokunbor" products and technologies?

There are lots of questions I'll like to ask but these ones will do for now.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Queenisha: 6:17pm On Aug 30, 2008
Why Iran?It might as well have been sudan
It's equivalent to a doctor asking a patient to get a blood donor prior to his surgery and he seeks out someone with sickle cell anemia
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bashali: 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2008
THE REASON WE PICK IRAN, IS BECAUSE WE NORTHERNER HAVE TO HAVE A WEAPON TO FIGHT THE USA AND YOU SOUTHERNER. THIS NUCLEAR PLANT IS NOT JUST FOR POWER ONLY. WE WANT TO DEVELOP NUCLEAR POWER TO FIGHT BACK AMERICA IF THEY DARE TO ATTACK US.

AND IN CASE YOU SOUTHERNER TRIED TO SECEDE, WE WOULD USE THE NUCLEAR WEAPON ON YOU PEOPLE.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by nazzyon(m): 9:19pm On Aug 30, 2008
I have read most of the posts here and I noticed that most of the comments are one sided.

Really, I don't like how USA dictates to countries.

Here is a question every country should ask themselves:

Must we seek for US approval before we plan our lives?

We ought to realize by now that the strategy US normally uses is very simple. They present themselves as if they care about you whereas they are in for their own personal interest.

We contacted Russia they were coughing; and now

We called upon Iran it is another story,

If we dump Iran for China, they will still find some wrong in that too.

WHAT do they want the Nigerian government to do?

Sha Russia wan supply some the materials.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by sherrylo: 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2008
bashali na wahooo, you don make plans to finish Nigeria already?
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 30, 2008
nice ome nazzyon, i squeled for joy on hearing the news of the deal. i know the west are green with envy.they will die of beef.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bashali: 12:43am On Aug 31, 2008
SHERRY WHAT IS NEW IN WHAT I SAID. SADDAM USE IT AGAINST HIS PEOPLE. AND YOU PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH INSULT US TOO MUCH. THAT WE ADVICE PRESIDENT YAR ADUA TO GET A WEAPON FOR US TO FIGHT YOU AND THE USA.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Aug 31, 2008
OutlukBabe:

Yes their enrichment is slow and is not advance, but they are the only willing country for now. I remember back in 2006 when the issue first came up it is not that the Iranian are going to give us enriched uranium. The reactor and its ancilliary equipments for power plant will be built in Iran and the fissile material supplied by the Russians.
More QUESTIONS. So in essence, you are saying that Nigeria sent scientists to be trained in countries out there with the technology but they were rejected?
Can you please show proof that all the many nuclear advanced countries out there outright refused to help train Nigerian scientists for this?
Can you also help me understand how Nigeria seems to be the only country refused most everything that seems to come easy to every other country?
Did South Africa also refuse Nigeria? Cause Last I checked, South Africa has more experience with the technology than Iran can boast of.

OutlukBabe:

But I don't know about the latest deal. So I may not likely make any coment on what the Iranians will most likely help Nigeria with. My concern now is not about the Iran or any other nation. My concern is Nigeria and Nigerians. Are we ready for a full Nuclear Programme? Are we patrotic enough to guard such a delicate technology?

What has being patriotic to do with this? Are you sure our PATRIOTIC EGO is not the reason why we somehow continue to bungle at even the simplest things, to date?

My Concern was never about Iran but about Nigeria. And I see you have finally come around to understanding that that should be the main focus here. What has Nigeria to gain from this? Is this not another deal where we lose more money and gain nothing in the end?  Patriotism has absolutely nothing to do with Nigeria acquiring nuclear technology, after bungling so many other projects in the past. Our government, yes, this same government, has yet to finish up on the many projects from the past administration to improve on electricity in that country. Many of these projects are either waiting for approval on the money that was allotted for the projects, or authorization from this present government to move on to the next phase. If this is the same government, that has so far practically brought billion-dollar projects to a halt by its inaction, what makes you or anyone think that it’s signing a deal with any country, especially a nuclear deal with a country that is itself struggling with the technology, will go better for the Nigerian people? Isn't this another white elephant project, more especially than the previous we have delved in to with little or no success, to date? What are we doing here
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by RichyBlacK(m): 5:59am On Aug 31, 2008
@OutlukBabe,

I'm very impressed with your write up! Excellent!

Please keep educating these Zombies for America United crowd up in here!

Just because America can't order Iran around like a mumu country, some liverless Nigerians are afraid of entering into a bilateral agreement with Iran. Rubbish!!!
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by RichyBlacK(m): 6:24am On Aug 31, 2008
bashali:

THE REASON WE PICK IRAN, IS BECAUSE WE NORTHERNER HAVE TO HAVE A WEAPON TO FIGHT THE USA AND YOU SOUTHERNER. THIS NUCLEAR PLANT IS NOT JUST FOR POWER ONLY. WE WANT TO DEVELOP NUCLEAR POWER TO FIGHT BACK AMERICA IF THEY DARE TO ATTACK US.

AND IN CASE YOU SOUTHERNER TRIED TO SECEDE, WE WOULD USE THE NUCLEAR WEAPON ON YOU PEOPLE.

Hey you, please stop talking out of ignorance. The North has zero expertise relative to the South on any aspect of technology. If Nigeria builds a nuclear reactor, it would be headed by a nuclear engineer from the South. Presently, Nigeria has no weapon, real, imagined, supernatural, spiritual, juju-based, church-based, amala-based grin, or whatever to confront the US militarily. So, let us focus on the issue.

Furthermore, be warned that NSA crawlers snoop open forums like these and can track you via your IP address(es). There is nothing wrong in airing your anti-American views, I even encourage you to do that (George W. Bush is an idiot), however, you enter the gray zone when you start making statements that can be construed as direct threat to America, e.g. the one in bold. I ain't trying to scare you, but sometimes there's a gray area between political and criminal statements. Meanwhile, America has a dumb ass foreign policy!
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bawomolo(m): 6:53am On Aug 31, 2008
he had to point that out even in a thread about iran.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Nigeria10: 7:00am On Aug 31, 2008
OutlukBabe (f), can you place a link to your information. take obasanjo out of Yar Adua decision to reach an agreement with Iran. i am so sure. president  obasanjo would NEVER , I mean NEVER REACH AN AGREEMENT WITH Iran.

I quickly want to point out I am an electrical engineer. And I should be able to speak on this. I will just give you a clue to who is speaking with you. I joined IEE(Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) about 2 decade ago.    And no electrical engineer that has is head on is head will ask president Yar adua to sign that agreement with  Iran.

1. first you may want to know how does nuclear power station work. they work base on uranium. where do you expect Yar adua to get uranium from.  Even nation with nuclear plant have problem in access of uranium. Why don't you go and find out the price of Uranium out there,  they do not come cheap, 

even the gas thermal station we still can not prefect them. You are talking of Uranium and nuclear plant. Please do not talk of the nonsense please. The danger out weight the benefit. For nigeria, which i know. We can not handle that technology. We have not got the govt in place. we lack the mindset to do it.

I will advice president Yar Adua NEVER , I mean NEVER, When I mean NEVER. I really mean NEVER get involve in it. Even not even with iran.  this is what i will tell my own blood brother.  Let use the gas or steam thermal plant. We continue to build them and use them.

Providing electricity for nigeria is easy. we even can build this turbine in nigeria with good govt. the technology to generate electricity is not rocket science. It is easy, very very easy. Look if i live in Nigeria, i will never use NEPA. i will generate my own electricity in my house. it is too easy that a fool can do,  It is just like a water well in your various houses.

The problem with NEPA is that president Yar Adua has to remove the minister of energy. He as to remove the woman. she is a french teacher. What do you expect from a french teacher with a transformer. She would just go to the transformer and start to say Vol vox le pul la te,    is that what we want. Even for president yar adua refusing to remove this woman from that position, it shows that president  yar adua is not  not serious person. Nobody should hear that our minister of energy is a french teacher. Get an electrical engineer with hand on practical skill and not a university prof who teach 18 year old to be minister. period.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by McKren(m): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2008
I quickly want to point out I am an electrical engineer. And I should be able to speak on this. I will just give you a clue to who is speaking with you. I joined IEE(Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) about 2 decade ago.    And no electrical engineer that has is head on is head will ask president Yar adua to sign that agreement with  Iran.

1. first you may want to know how does nuclear power station work. they work base on uranium. where do you expect Yar adua to get uranium from.  Even nation with nuclear plant have problem in access of uranium. Why don't you go and find out the price of Uranium out there,  they do not come cheap, 

Even Mohamed El-Barradai did not study sciences in school let alone Electrical Engineering. . . . . . . lol

I do agree with most of your points though. We have less controversial means of generating electricity if we are serious about doing anything about Energy.

It is also important to point out that Nigeria has Uranium deposits in commercial quantity in states like Cross River, Adamawa, Taraba, Plateau, Bauchi and Kano.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Kenezi: 1:54pm On Aug 31, 2008
Nigeria will get Uranium from Niger. If Pakistan can use nuclear power plants safely, Nigeria can.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Goldmann(m): 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2008
Of all countries, we had to choose freakin Iran!!! Ahmadinejad land! A country Israel and the U.S consider a threat, a country that believes Israel should be wiped off the map! is it that our leaders are retarded or wot? Me im takin my kaya and im leavin on a concorde plane, I dont know wen ill b back again!
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Nigeria10: 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2008
When i say noway. I mean no way. I have made several recommendation to several companies abroad . this companies are worth billions of dollars. even no nigeria company can rival them in net worth. If I say no. it is noway. Only a thief would tell president yar adua to build a nuclear power plant. they want to steal nigeria money.

Let me show you one example. President Yar Adua ask for $5 billion from the senate to solve the Nepa problem based on the recommendation of this energy minister. Did he. And they were going to generate 3000 MW from mabilla plateau abi,  That was a 419 project. some people want to rob nigeria. You see the reason president Obasanjo did not continue with the mabilla plateau project was that it was scientific difficult to do. Why was it so. Topography,

For those of you who do not know what Topography is. We engineers look at the earth crust and environment condition to determine if a place is situable for a project and what the difficult were and . we now through cost over benefit determine if it is wise to site the project there.

The topography of Mabilla make it impossible. See the picture of the area from satellite picture. we have to pass through all this mountain to get the electricity to the final user.

But you people in the north keep on causing obasanjo over and over.  And I am saying again nuclear project is impossible . it looks like another 419 project.

Taraba state has more mountain than any state in Nigeria. It is beautiful to see and watch the moving satellite picture of taraba. It is just too beautiful. It is a beautiful place to go to,  You need to see taraba state, 
it is beautiful.

Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by TPS360: 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2008
how will "georgy the dummy" react , wink
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by eryck(m): 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

When i say noway. I mean no way. I have made several recommendation to several companies abroad . this companies are worth billions of dollars. even no nigeria company can rival them in net worth. If I say no. it is noway. Only a thief would tell president yar adua to build a nuclear power plant. they want to steal nigeria money.

Let me show you one example. President Yar Adua ask for $5 billion from the senate to solve the Nepa problem based on the recommendation of this energy minister. Did he. And they were going to generate 3000 MW from mabilla plateau abi,  That was a 419 project. some people want to rob nigeria. You see the reason president Obasanjo did not continue with the mabilla plateau project was that it was scientific difficult to do. Why was it so. Topography,

For those of you who do not know what Topography is. We engineers look at the earth crust and environment condition to determine if a place is situable for a project and what the difficult were and . we now through cost over benefit determine if it is wise to site the project there.

The topography of Mabilla make it impossible. See the picture of the area from satellite picture. we have to pass through all this mountain to get the electricity to the final user.

But you people in the north keep on causing obasanjo over and over.  And I am saying again nuclear project is impossible . it looks like another 419 project.

Taraba state has more mountain than any state in Nigeria. It is beautiful to see and watch the moving satellite picture of taraba. It is just too beautiful. It is a beautiful place to go to, You need to see taraba state,
it is beautiful.

Are u actually an ENGINEER  undecided (JUST CURIOUS)
Or maybe you work for a travel agency undecided
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Nigeria10: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2008
I am an electrical engineer. Please confirm with the university of ilorin. Some of the university lecturer are my classmate in school. I did my first degree at the university.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Nigeria10: 8:26pm On Aug 31, 2008
Here is more picture of the area they want to waste our $ billions of dollar for , na 419 project your minister of energy want do ,

Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bawomolo(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2008
someone is really wasting internet bandwidth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Oshiomhole / Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President / No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.