Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran (11273 Views)

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE / South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran / Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by smol(m): 1:27am On Sep 01, 2008
as for me i believe Nigeria does not have what it takes to manage Nuclear Energy. we have not succeeded in managing our common roads, water system, hydro or thermal electricity or even our now dilapidated refineries and we now want to venture into Nuclear Energy. no matter how safe nuclear reactors are now claimed to be, i still think Nigeria is not the kind of nation to gamble into this field. Any mistake, error,gamble or neglect will leave a wave of havoc on this land and even neighbouring countries. when(it is a matter of WHEN and not IF) it happens who will save us, we have no bunkers, no rescue force(whether police, fire fighters or whatever), we have nothing. we have the worst maintenance culture. infact we have no maintenance culture. there are other ways to conveniently generate Electricity without jeopardizing the lives of the common Nigerian citizen. when we learn to manage and maintain the simple things we currently have, we can then think and plan towards Nuclear Energy.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by qtx(m): 11:44am On Sep 01, 2008
Wen a country is been ruled by an illiterate(obj), the people suffer and even wen the country is been handled by an educated slowpoke who is so weak like dodo, wit shining eyes all the time yet seeing nothing, always been pushed around by neighouring countries leaders of the same religion wit him,who cant take any serious decision by himself, busy scattering d anti-corruption body and fighting no one, and often hospitalised for yonder grin almost every month for lack of blood n weak body system, i can go on and on and on. inshort i dey vex i wan cry sef.
Our hope is completely in God almighty, cos any time dis creature described lately above can be convinced to do anything wit our dear country
, let us pray oooo,
embarassed
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by OutlukBabe(f): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2008
@Electrical Engineer
What has being an Electrical Engineer got to do with competence? Do you know how many Electrical Engineers we have world-wide, and in Nigeria? It is not about the certificate that matters, what have u done with the knowledge to the betterment of ur people (apart from getting a job in somebodies company and probably stiching some electrical cables and soldering). As an Electrical Engineer, u are the las bus stop in power plants. (unless u are a control or electronic engineer; power plants can use ur expertise to control their modern electronic equipments). U are not needed untill the electricity is generated: then u are called for transmission and distribution. If u have forgotten (or u dont know), then walk down to any power plant and ask them.

So pls if u wan talk ur mind talk ur mind, but dont come here and start bragging that u are more qualified to talk about energy.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Martins00(m): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2008
This Thread has really shown the Ignorance, Arrogance and Pessimistic nature of we Nigerians relating to issues that affect the Nation.

Nigeria1@;:

I am an electrical engineer. Please confirm with the university of ilorin. Some of the university lecturer are my classmate in school. I did my first degree at the university.

This dude's Incompetence and Ignorance speaks for itself! Whatever you are, for me, you sound like some kind of Secondary school drop-out!(No insults intended) undecided. U mean one should go to University of Ilorin to ask about your Competence or rather your Ignorance? Like they say, "Empty barrels make the . . ." Well, tht's besides the issue.

Nuclear Power is the most effective and economical way of encountering more than half of Nigeria's rising need of Electrical Energy. The Energy politics is quite a complicated one that wants to be dominated by Western countries. It takes a competent, focused, patient, well advised, innovative and sometimes a stubborn Leader to outstand the heat being generated by Western countries relating to Nuclear Technology and its advantages.

There is almost no country nowatimes that will wanna share its Nuclear Technologies without having something in return. Iran as a country is very rich beneath its Earth crust. They are one of the leading exporters of Crude oil which we all know and also got Uranium.

Getting the Uranium for the Plants is not a problem and we also don't have to go far for that. Niger is the third world's leading exporter of uranium. With the right people, and competent staffs we should be able to operate a Nuclear Power Plant safely and peacefully.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by sleekymag(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2008
Getting the Uranium for the Plants is not a problem and we also don't have to go far for that. Niger is the third world's leading exporter of uranium. With the right people, and competent staffs we should be able to operate a Nuclear Power Plant safely and peacefully.

For now, Nigeria is neither ready nor ripe to have nuclear energy as as means of generating electricity.

What i think we need, is to develop a medium or (preferably) long term plan (say an 8-12yr plan) to adopt nuclear power plants as boosters to our electricity generating capacity. The advantages of nuclear power plants over other sources like hydro, thermal, gas, wind, solar etc. cannot be over-emphasized. For a country whose economy wants to be among the top 20 economies in the world by 2020, and its not even among the over 30 countries that use nuclear power plants as source of generating power, we need to start looking seriously into the issue. But like i said, we dont have to rush into it. Lets work on the ones (power stations) we have, they are not generating up to 50% of their installed capacity yet. Also the Iran-agreement idea is not a comfortable one, especially with most Nigerians (who are known to be peace-loving).

We need to have a framework with which we can develop and train the necessary manpower that would handle this technology, and who in turn would be able to transfer the knowledge to many more nigerian electrical/electronics engineers.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by MCUsman(m): 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
Martins00:

This Thread has really shown the Ignorance, Arrogance and Pessimistic nature of we Nigerians relating to issues that affect the Nation.

This dude's Incompetence and Ignorance speaks for itself!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Electrical Geograhpical Engineer grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by otokx(m): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2008
please is this nuclear agreement something like an extended family arrangement of some sort?
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by RibaduFan(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2008
@Mc Usman

U again!
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by iukpe: 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2008
This is from my earlier post,

And I want to be the first to say this because there is always controversy when ever there is a plan to build refineries, airports or steel plants, everyone wants the site in their community or state. I want the first Nuclear power plant sited in my community so it will provide Jobs to indigenes of my state more than any other and my community will be commited to hosting and protecting such facility that will serve the whole nation.
smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by RibaduFan(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2008
@iukpe
Hope your community is far from Lagos. If yes no qualms.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Lady2(f): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2008
Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Georgia;- No news
Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Bolivia :- No news
Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With South Africa ;- No news
Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Philippines :- No news
Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Greece :- No news

Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran;- Big news (Reason is religion sentiment)

Georgia, Bolivia, South Africa, Philippines, Greece are not under the UN Sanctions, but Iran is. You do not go shaking hadns with those who are under investigation, it puts you also under investigation.

It is not about religion but about foreign policy.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Rmc1(m): 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
rotflmao
grin grin grin grin grin UNA NEVER HALLA  grin grin grin grin grin grin

no be una say our president yara dull na him be baba go slow? now the dude done go nuclear
UNA NEVER HALLA
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Rmc1(m): 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2008
The idea of nigerian govt using nuclear tech to generate electricicty started seriosuly during obasanjos regime, obj was already considering the option of nuclear tech before his tenure expired
nigerias nuclear pact with iran might not be unconected with it being a member of organisation of islamic conference OIC according to oic this is supposed to be one of the benefits of joining oic which includes revamping nigerias epileptic power supply,repair its poor roads, and generally boost its economy quote

source nigerian tribune

http://www.tribune.com.ng/31032008/news/news3.html
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Phemzy(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2008
Why must we choose IRAN?

They are known to be world terrorist producers, and this will make America and other European countries to be spying on us.

apart from that, won't they initiate us to terrorism, so we have to be careful.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by MCUsman(m): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2008
"If you're weak, they attack you,

If you're not weak, they won't attack you.

We have to be a strong country and end these humiliating threats. And being strong means not listening to the foreigners."

Not listening to the foreigners means having nuclear capability

Having nuclear capability is having to sign Nuclear Agreement With anyone.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bosler(m): 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
I tire 4 dis country o!! We tend to embrace every proposal offered by every country. We are still flaring gas and lots of gas reserves still remain unhanessed and we are already talking about nuclear energy generation. Lack of FOCUS!!! Na only God go help us.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bawomolo(m): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2008
MC Usman:

"If you're weak, they attack you,

If you're not weak, they won't attack you.

We have to be a strong country and end these humiliating threats. And being strong means not listening to the foreigners."

Not listening to the foreigners means having nuclear capability

Having nuclear capability is having to sign Nuclear Agreement With anyone.

japan has no nuclear weapons has it been attacked is south korea weak. how far did libya's nuclear program before it ended up as a waste of anyone. signing with just anyone is a bad idea
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Queenisha: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2008
bawomolo:

japan has no nuclear weapons has it been attacked is south korea weak. how far did libya's nuclear program before it ended up as a waste of anyone. signing with just anyone is a bad idea

you're talking to an aboki who reasons with his buttocks like the rest of them.
I still say they should get the nuclear abunna and mount in in Bauchi and Kano.
That may be God's way of finally eliminating them with dirty nuclear emissions from Iran
He does work in mysterious ways
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Nigeria10: 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
@Electrical Engineer
What has being an Electrical Engineer got to do with competence? Do you know how many Electrical Engineers we have world-wide, and in Nigeria? It is not about the certificate that matters, what have u done with the knowledge to the betterment of your people (apart from getting a job in somebodies company and probably stiching some electrical cables and soldering). As an Electrical Engineer, u are the las bus stop in power plants. (unless u are a control or electronic engineer; power plants can use your expertise to control their modern electronic equipments). You are not needed untill the electricity is generated: then u are called for transmission and distribution. If u have forgotten (or u don't know), then walk down to any power plant and ask them.

So please if u wan talk your mind talk your mind, but don't come here and start bragging that u are more qualified to talk about energy.

outbabe listen to yourself again. am i talking with an illiterate only an illiterate , would make sure a statement. did you go to school, what do electrical engineers do, why dont you google and find out before you open your mouth, find out which group runs the energy sector in the USA, may be you can show me where french teacher run energy, ? you must be an illiterate?
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by MCUsman(m): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2008
bawomolo:

japan has no nuclear weapons has it been attacked is south korea weak.

Japan was the first victim of a nuclear weapon. If they had the bomb did you think America would have attacked her. my guess is NO.

South Korea on the other hand is alive because of the USA, North Korea would have annexed the entire Korea.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2008
MC Usman:

Japan was the first victim of a nuclear weapon. If they had the bomb did you think America would have attacked her. my guess is NO.

South Korea on the other hand is alive because of the USA, North Korea would have annexed the entire Korea.

japan wouldn't have been attacked period if it didn't invade pearl harbor, the Philippines and ally with the axis. japan had a chance to surrender and blew it. i doubt south korea are jealous of their starving neighbors to the north. na nuclear weapon naija man go chop?? if some patch patch facility all in the name of being a "nuclear" power is what naija wants, then go for it.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Kenezi: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2008
bawomolo:

japan wouldn't have been attacked period if it didn't invade pearl harbor, the Philippines and ally with the axis. japan had a chance to surrender and blew it. i doubt south korea are jealous of their starving neighbors to the north. na nuclear weapon naija man go chop?? if some patch patch facility all in the name of being a "nuclear" power is what naija wants, then go for it.

Japan wouldn't have attacked Pearl Harbor if the US was not attempting to cripple it's economy. Nigeria is not attempting to gain nuclear weapons, and even if it was, it would not come at any cost to the civilians, poorer countries than Nigeria have coped with nuclear weapons and technology.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bawomolo(m): 12:08am On Sep 03, 2008
Kenezi:

Japan wouldn't have attacked Pearl Harbor if the US was not attempting to cripple it's economy.

lmao read on the history of japanese imperalism. go ask the koreans or better still ask the chinese about manchuria. japanese industries were actually bolstered by the US and britain during WWII.

Nigeria is not attempting to gain nuclear weapons, and even if it was, it would not come at any cost to the civilians, poorer countries than Nigeria have coped with nuclear weapons and technology.

can u pls list the "poorer" countries that have coped with nuclear weapons. nkoreans would be starving to death if no for aid from china. what did libya get from it's nuclear program. nothing. nuclear energy should be carefully planned. a country like iran that can implode any day from now is not one we should deal with.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by A40(m): 4:14am On Sep 03, 2008
Iran of all countries? Those guys are looking for George War Bush's trouble
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Kenezi: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2008
bawomolo:

lmao read on the history of japanese imperalism. go ask the koreans or better still ask the chinese about manchuria.  japanese industries were actually bolstered by the US and britain during WWII.

can u please list the "poorer" countries that have coped with nuclear weapons.  nkoreans would be starving to death if no for aid from china. what did libya get from it's nuclear program. nothing.  nuclear energy should be carefully planned.  a country like iran that can implode any day from now is not one we should deal with.

It's very basic knowledge that the US was attempting to steal Japan's economic and trade dominance in Asia away from them, and if Japan had not attacked, they would have been economically bankrupt.

Pakistan has nuclear weapons and is coping well enough. Iran would only implode is countries like the US continue to attack it for no reason other than to expand and sustain world dominance.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2008
Signing nuclear agreement with a terrorist nation is a good way 2 invite trouble
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bawomolo(m): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2008
Kenezi:

It's very basic knowledge that the US was attempting to steal Japan's economic and trade dominance in Asia away from them, and if Japan had not attacked, they would have been economically bankrupt.

lol what dominance, japan was a debtor by the time of world war ii. imperialism and militarism led to japan's downfall

Pakistan has nuclear weapons and is coping well enough. Iran would only implode is countries like the US continue to attack it for no reason other than to expand and sustain world dominance.

yeah the security status of pakistan is well enough, a country where the car of the prime minister was shot at yesterday.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by ALEXman007: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2008
[/quote]lol what dominance, japan was a debtor by the time of world war ii. imperialism and militarism led to japan's downfall
[quote]

What led to Japan's downfall was Fascism (lol). I thought Japan hated the American gut and what it stands for. And I was thinking that America stood for imperialism which was the pet propaganda of the communists.
So how come Japan who hated America for it's domineering attitude and imperialism fall victim of the same vice?
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2008
ALEXman007:

What led to Japan's downfall was Fascism (lol). I thought Japan hated the American gut and what it stands for. And I was thinking that America stood for imperialism which was the pet propaganda of the communists.
So how come Japan who hated America for it's domineering attitude and imperialism fall victim of the same vice?

Dude, please do some research on history of the Japanese. MY GOSH!!!
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by bawomolo(m): 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2008

have u taken a look at the japanese advance through burma, phillipines, solomon islands, korea, thailand and went close to papua guinea and almost attacking australia. the same japan that tried to impose it's authority on china and korea numerous time. the same japan that assassinated a korean empress . japan had always had an agenda.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by sinmbo(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2008
Georgia, Bolivia, South Africa, Philippines, Greece are not under the UN Sanctions, but Iran is. You do not go shaking hadns with those who are under investigation, it puts you also under investigation.

It is not about religion but about foreign policy.

I sincerely agree with you.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by sley4life(m): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2008
This is a sad report that the President of Nigeria is Dead in Saudi Arabic. May is soul rest in peace. check out this link and get back to me http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-71526

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Delta PDP Suspends Orubebe And 9 Others / Dalung Solomon At BBC For A Programme On Hausa Service (photos) / Southern unity Towards 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.