Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran (11269 Views)

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE / South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran / Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by netprofit(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2008
Nuclear ke ?
i dey run for safety now ooooooooo
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by nuggard(m): 12:05am On Sep 05, 2008
Hate to say I told you so because I didn't

It's been in the works for some time now (I mischievously put an article on this some time back on wikipedia / Kano State).

Don't read too much into it because the Iranians are just going to send a container full of blue prints and theses from the University of Tehran and poor old baba lecturer in the physics department of University of Ilorin would have more material for his handout. And that will be the end of that.

We do have Uranium deposists in parts of Adamawa/Gombe and we can borrow the technology from the South Africans. They've been operating Nuclear powered stations for approx 20+ years.

@ sinmbo
South Africa is not facing any sanctions from the UN. They later signed the non-proliferation agreement, and gave up their nuclear arsenal.

An alternate source of energy though is Geothermal. I'd say the cost is cheaper,minimal pollution and easy to manage even for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by onwuks(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
thats a welcome development, bravoo nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by mojojojo(m): 12:20am On Sep 06, 2008
Its a pity Naija had to turn to Iran for nuclear technology.
We have had nuclear ambitions for almost 20 years now and followed the UN's rules letter by letter only to be ignored by the west. This technology is jealously guarded and the rules are clear if we are going to use the technology for power generation then we have every right to pursue the technology as long as it is open and done with no malicious intent.
I think this is more of a political statement to the west.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by MCUsman(m): 10:43am On Sep 06, 2008
FHA, Iran to build 30,000 homes in Nigeria.

Thirty thousand homes are to be built across the country in the next four years through collaboration between the Federal Housing Authority (FHA) and the Customer Centric Contractor of Iran.

The project, for medium and low income earners, would cost about N200 billion to complete, a statement in Abuja yesterday by FHA’s Public Relations Officer Tunde Ipinmisho said.

He said though details of the project are still being worked out, a memorandum of understanding spelling out the duties and obligations of each party under the agreement has been signed between the authority and the company.

After signing the agreement, FHA’s acting Managing Director Mr. Felix Koyenikan described the move as the authority’s biggest effort towards addressing the country’s housing challenges.

He said that the 30,000 housing units to be constructed under the agreement represented the total number of houses built by the authority since its establishment.

Koyenikan said the nation’s huge housing deficit was a great challenge that the authority was poised to tackle and that the opportunity of partnership with local and off-shore private sector operators provided a platform to fast-track the process of housing delivery.

Also speaking at the ceremony where the pact was signed, Nigeria’s ambassador to the Islamic Republic of Iran, Alhaji Abubakar Cika, said the MOU was coming under the general bilateral agreement signed between the two countries.

He said similar MOUs had been signed between the two countries covering energy, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas as well as other areas critical to Nigeria’s development goals.

Cika said he had done extensive investigation into the skills and capacity of the Iranian firm and had found it competent to meet its obligations under the terms of the MOU. He also promised to explore the possibility of securing funding for the project by Iranian financial institutions.

Managing Director of the Iranian company, Mr. Hassan Yamani, assured that the MOU would pave the way for further investment in Nigeria by other Iranian firms and promised that his company would not disappoint the FHA.

http://www.dailytrust.com/content/view/17735/243/

Maybe the houses to be build will be used to store the Enriched uranium and housed the sucide bombers. smiley wink
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by RibaduFan(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2008
Now am so sure we re a nation of misplaced priorities.

What is difficult in building low cost houses, that we ve to invite Iranians. And dont go telling me that funding is the issue. With all our mega banks and the enormous funds with both NHF and the PFAs/PFCs.

Are those in government dumb or they are just trying to be funny.

Usman, hope ur post was just a piece of sarcacism, and not that u were commending the initiate?
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by grafikdon: 2:30am On Sep 07, 2008
Dinning with the devil. . . I hope the imbeciles behind this atrocious business are armed with long spoons. . . IRAN? How about buying face cleansing ointment from someone with a killer acne on his face?
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by kean09: 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2008
undecided
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by grafikdon: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2008
Don't mind the imbecilic cave men in Aso Rock. . . with their clueless slow poke president that's slower than a dead snail.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by nuggard(m): 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2008
http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16441&Itemid=43
FG has no nuclear deal with Iran —Maduekwe

The Federal Government said yesterday that it had no nuclear deal with Iran. Chief Ojo Maduekwe, Minister of Foreign Affairs, spoke yesterday in Abuja after a meeting with a U.S. government delegation.
The Minister was reacting to speculations that Nigeria might have signed a nuclear deal with Iran on Aug. 28 in Abuja. The delegation included Mr David Kramer, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labour and his deputy, Mr Jeffery Krilla.

“There is no agreement signed by the government with Iran on nuclear weapon,” Maduekwe said.
“Nigeria is a very responsible member of the international community and would always be so.
“We showed that in the way we painfully handed over the Bakassi peninsula.

“On the issue of [size=15pt]non-proliferation of nuclear energy[/size], we are absolutely in tandem with the international community,’’ he said. According to him, nothing will make Nigeria to support Iran on the issue.

UNA HEAR YOUR MINISTER , people talk say na Non-proliferation of nuclear arms but our minister don coin en own expression so e mean say, make any one no even mention nuclear near Ojo Maduekwe otherwise,
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Kenny(m): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2008
Everybody will play in the game later.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by folaski: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2008
lipsrsealed WHY Iran OF ALL COUNTRIES?

THIS IS SUICIDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by Dauda(m): 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2008
Nuclear energy is important for electricity generation. Joining forces with Iran to get it, is not a smart move.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by synergy: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2008
should a country that still imports pencils be tampering with nuclear technology?
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by opuro(m): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2008
synergy:

should a country that still imports pencils be tampering with nuclear technology?
nope nooooooo no!
habba what is wrong with naija leaders sef?
we wan build house na Iran
we wan electricity na chinees
we wan agric na Indians
we wan water na southafrica
we wan save money na switzerland
we wan steal millions na America/Britain
we wan pack shit na Russian

A country of 200million becomes parasite?
GOD NO GO FORGIVE ALL THOSE LEADERS THAT TURN US INTO SLAVE !
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by RaTracE: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2008
we are just finished. We dey k peme!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by codeworks(m): 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2008
Nuclear agreement with iran? why iran? i hope is for POWER. we really need electricity, south africa produce 35,000 mw. nigeria produces 5000mw
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by amaikama(m): 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2008
Hmmm!!!! let MEND get their hands on it, they will surely blow up the country with it.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by ifele(m): 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2008
Eyin boys whassup

I miss Naija men. What is this I hear nuclear energy pact between Nigeiran and Iran? It is good because

The more electricity we have the better standard of living will be. Iran might have some terrorist links but

yu dont see Israel or USA extending their hand to help us. So let us accept the help and benefit from the development.

Freedom for all Nigerians. Vote for Seyi Fagbemiro.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by ifele(m): 4:47pm On Sep 25, 2008
I wish Nigeria will move forward. Yu see I love Nigeria no matter what happens.

I am totally for greater federalism. Lets us work towards multiculturalism, ethnic independence,

multilingualism and economic prosperity. Lets form a Federalist Party. The FPN (Federalist Party of Nigeria).

Any country that wants to help us develop is welcome as long as there are not nuclear weapons involved

we will be fine. God bless Nigeria and Iran.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by ttruth(m): 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Post :

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Islamic axis of evil shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

They better cancel such agreement with immediate effect.
Re: Nigeria Signs Nuclear Agreement With Iran by fruitsville: 4:23am On Mar 23, 2017
The question we should ask is this: Why IRAN?

If we were really serious about a nuclear program, why don't we look for a country that is most advanced in this technology and have actually been using it for years and can show us tangible evidence. Mine: Of all countries in the world, it's Iran Nigerian government see to Choose? A rogue Country!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dalung Solomon At BBC For A Programme On Hausa Service (photos) / Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges / Finance Bill: Dangote, 7UP, 170 Firms May Lose N2.4tn Tax Waivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.