Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? (14843 Views)

Lady Vomitting Blood In Ikorodu Was Not A Runs Girl, Not Thrown From Car / Lady Spotted Vomitting Blood In Ikorodu (Photo) / Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by Rolly: 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2006
I can see ur point. but still, i dont think africans or nigerians for that matter shld be stopped from donating blood. Although i'm thinking that since they shld scan the blood b4 use, they shld know whether theres anything wrong with it and if they find something wrong, they dispose of it but then maybe they dont wanna waste the blood so they dont bother collecting it in the first place. Well, whatever sha. hope everyhting works out for eveyone. abi now? May God help us.
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by aleroaruya(f): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2006
@rolly

There u go again! sad. Gos! God!! God!!!. we are sooooooooooooooo lazy, if its not God that will help us, then its the US.
what we should be doing now is helping ourselves. if a litu baby dies 'cos of carelessness on the part of the parents or 'cos of malaria, we say its god's will. a man goes to the highway with his car knowing the brake is really bad; he has an accident and dies we blame the devil; maybe for consolation sake his family will say its the will of God! wow, we are just lazy and very narrow minded, very soon we a gonna depend on God 2 wip our ass 4 us.

sory 4 deviating 4rom d real issue, but me say its time we wake up 4rom our slumber. I wonder where Africa, Nigeria was when the US and other western countries were inventing and discovering.
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by Reverend(m): 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2006
When some young person dies for no reason, lets stop calling it Gods will. Can God really be such a mean son of a bitch that he wants anybody, especially young children to die?

Why are we constantly making excuses for why God does not step in and help the sick and needy?

Could it be that other than the Doctors, nobody is going to help us?
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by aleroaruya(f): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2006
@Reverend

we have 2 help ourselves first, let's try our best and c if d world will not rise up to help us.
dis thing must start 4rom u and me, let's leave God out of dis, I am not saying we dont need his (God) help; in fact without him I am a dead meat.
let's stop our constant clapping of hands and all those hypocritical shits we do and start inventing and discovering. this people brought religion 2 us, but chk them out and c how mane hours dey spend in d church everyday/week and yet they a still betteroff.
i said and wil continue 2 say its time we wake up 4rom our slumber!
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by Reverend(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2006
@aleroaruya

You are absolutely right. If we do not try and help ourselves, nobody else will!
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by nilla(f): 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2006
@ topic,

if they don't want nigerian blood don't sweat it (i understand its annoying if there is money involved).
Hey hey hey its their country thats what they want.
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by cheechako(m): 10:58am On Aug 29, 2006
Hi,

Don't feel singled out. I am an American and I cannot give blood either. Why? I have had Malaria. Once you get Malaria, it is said the Malaria never leaves. If you have had Hepatitius and some others, I can't remember, you cannot give blood. Africa is not the only nation plagued with Malaria and I am sure those countries would not be able to give blood. Don't feel bad and be happy you have a body full of blood and it is still flowing.

Be Cool
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by ZuluNation(m): 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2006
cheechako:

Hi,

Don't feel singled out. I am an American and I cannot give blood either. Why? I have had Malaria. Once you get Malaria, it is said the Malaria never leaves. If you have had Hepatitius and some others, I can't remember, you cannot give blood. Africa is not the only nation plagued with Malaria and I am sure those countries would not be able to give blood. Don't feel bad and be happy you have a body full of blood and it is still flowing.

Be Cool

Trust me I'm cool bro, my blood is too precious to give. I'll wait till I get to my Country and give it to folks that would appreciate it more.
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by lovestinks(f): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2006
@zulunation,,,please you said you ve being in the STATES since u were two, and u still ve to sell your blood to get money, my advice please KINDLY come back home,
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by bameyi(m): 12:10am On Mar 29, 2007
@ zulunation why you dey let red neck worry you, even sef you bring shame to us , 40 dollar na him hard you wey you go sell blood. am not trying to insult or talk you down but as nigerian make we hold our head up my brother. them go get one big problem and ask for that blood as a national request e no be today but that day go come wey them go dey beg 9ja for blood so that their kids go smart like us. and then na 400 dollars i go charge them yeye red neck, hugkies abe na how them dey spell the hugkies sef.
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by hola2ng(m): 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2007
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by segoye2(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2007
Naija blood is full of 419 and scam activities. I think they are right, they are always right.

@ Thread Author,

Ok, why not try tell them that you want to donate blood to Nigerians overthere instead of donating to whites? so many things dey involved sha. things like nigerian blood will make them black. F++K malaria, Malaria can not be the reason for stoppin naija from donating their corrupt bloody blood.

@ All,

Am in London right now, and don't know much about the U.S of a thing, we could introduce (Agbo) or gbogbonishe or touch and go, overthere, since malaria is like HIV now, is a good biz and great proposal, think about it. And I believe the author of the thread would use this opportunity to take a great advantage of this Cure, be proud of it, make them see they are wrong, and if you or others that felt bad about this small thing, then you can come over to naija, I will give you a link where you can sell your blood for 45 USD, thats extra 5 USD for you.

Is better slaving home than cutting dirty jobs abroad, first, Nigerians are not supposed to donate a dime blood out there unless if the case is emergency. How many Ugandan's, Ghanian's or even U.S citizens have you ever seen donating blood here?
(hissing)
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by spoilt(f): 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2007
my sister tried to donate blood too at church here in california and she was turned down cos she was born in naija. the babe was just trying to help undecided . anyway its cos of malaria in our blood.we are all carriers! i no blame them jare. mosquito don show man pepper for naija!
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2007
spoilt:

my sister tried to donate blood too at church here in california and she was turned down because she was born in naija. the babe was just trying to help undecided . anyway [b]its because of malaria in our blood.[/b]we are all carriers! i no blame them jare. mosquito don show man pepper for naija!

No, we have a particular strain of HIV that is difficult to detect here in the states.
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by spoilt(f): 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2007
davidylan:

No, we have a particular strain of HIV that is difficult to detect here in the states.

That's what they told her. They said malaria not HIV. but then what difference does it make? she couldn't donate. shocked
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2007
an ex-girlfriend of mine could was not allowed to donate for 6 months because she had been with a Nigerian. She was told the HIV strain story. Poor thing.
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by spoilt(f): 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2007
@davidylan
so these days before you donate you are asked to catalogue your list of conquests too? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 01, 2007
grin grin
They asked her if she had ever dated anyone from a list of countries they gave to her, she happily said yes. They asked her if she'd ever had sex with the guy, she promptly replied in the affirmative. She was promptly turned back and told to return in 6 months time.

Poor thing came back to punch me! cheesy
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by angolag(m): 8:57pm On Aug 12, 2007
Better,If they no need make they go die,after all no be by force to donate
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by Nobody: 4:56am On Sep 04, 2008
What are you talking abt?
I know a nigerian that donated blood, even this month sef.
If I wanted to donate blood, nothing is stopping me.
I just dnt want to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by rdgpage: 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2008
The Reason Nigerians and other West Africans are not allowed to donate blood is because of Malaria as well as other diseases. West African blood has antibodies that helps protect them from getting as sick as a non-West African would if they were to contract malaria and other diseases. If this blood is given to someone who does not have the same antibody, they could die.

Althogh there may be malaria in other countries, it is more prominant in West African nations.
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2008
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by kathyekiti: 11:50pm On Sep 06, 2008
The given reason is that certain west African countries have a strain of hiv called group O that is difficult to detect and the blood organizations are afraid of the effect if the blood supply is contaminated. That being said, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that a person who has had sexual relations with a person from one of these countries is miraculously allowed to donate blood after 6 months. Will he/she be cured within 6 months? And if there is no underlying bias towards people from these countries, why don't they just say any body from these countries is allowed to donate blood if he/she has been in the country for greater than 6 months? This is a ridiculous restriction that has very little to do with science or medicine but more to do with politics and perhaps xenophobia
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by Pittbaby(f): 2:35am On Sep 12, 2008
well i think it is not only malaria . Its cos we may have other parasites that we may have developed an immunity to. as for HIV , not there concern they test all blood donated
Re: Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? by kenflipper(m): 5:51am On Sep 12, 2008
Some people are funny on this forum oh!. Have u ever donated blood in Nigeria?, Nigerians are in need of blood u dey yankee they complain. You re lucky u werent sent packing, So after living in Yankee for this long na ur blood u wan take survive for $40 a week. I thought you would have been ashamed to mention it. If u re broke go get a job and if no one would employ u cos' of ur record then get a job were ur records would be irrelevant, u know wht i mean! If were doing it for humanity pls save all that blood whenever u visit naija donate it. No other country needs blood as Nigeria. I was asked to donate my organs after death numerous times i refuse, cos' i said to myself even if i must donate at all no country deserves it like Nigeria. My country of birth is my first love forget the rest. Yeye yankee people na my organ them wan take do experiement for take train their doctors,or what if them give am to serial killer or one bad sex offender?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? / Weird; Man Invents Pill To Make Farts Smell Like Chocolate / What Is This On My Dick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.