Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? (1405 Views)

Can U Allow Your Bride Wear Any Of These Or Ladies, Can U? / Reasons Why Most Ladies Do Not Deserve An Elaborate Wedding / Who Enjoy Kissing The Most? Guys Or Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by konkocious(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2008
I've been asking this question for a while and most of the answer is that Ladies always want ELABORATED WEDDING
and i asked some thoose lady that why but they alway said is their happiest day

but i need nairalanders opinion about it, that is it true about their reason

please contribute wisely abeg
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by naawee: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2008
konkocious:

I've been asking this question for a while and most of the answer is that Ladies always want ELABORATED WEDDING
and i asked some thoose lady that why but they alway said is their happiest day

but i need nairalanders opinion about it, that is it true about their reason

please contribute wisely abeg

Nigga,

watz up? watz goin' on? why these rattlin' about marriage this, weddin' that?

Boy, scatter these pussies and don't ever give a damn! Keep it realer, duh!

You aint gettin' no mothafuckin' opinion cos you gat to keep switchin' on them

shawties! They'll appreciate you for that, trust me!
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by kissangel1: 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2008
mugu nawee,

Just shut ur foul trap there angry angry!
and please don't mess up the thread if you don't have anything constructive to talk about or contribute .{marriage aint for unserious loosers and immature wannabes' like you dude}
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by k1banty(m): 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2008
@poster

women of course.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by Livvvvy(f): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2008
most women, few men.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by Godalone(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2008
I wanted it but my woman against.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by jennykadri: 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2008
if d money is there,y not spend it?its a once in a life time thing ,my happiest day,so y wont i throw some cash if ive got it
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by kissangel1: 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2008
well for me, the perfect wedding will be a guest size of twenty {close family and best friends}, a garden by a riverside, a white but knee short gown, lovely cusine and lots of wine, and of course an off an officiating minister.

But it will all depend on my guy though

for me, I wouldnt want an elaborate wedding cos wats the point blowing all that money for people that probably have two other weddings that same day to attend and would probably forget in a few weeks or by the next week.

besides I love something very private, intimate and sacred on my special Wedding Day and i want very few guests who will be pampared silly and given life time memories.

But at the end we both will have to decide the extent to which we are willing to spend and make our wedding elaborate.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by sistawoman: 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2008
Most times it is the woman who wants it.

This is the one day that she gets to brag to her friends about what a good husband she has found.  That bragging is not done thru words but by them seeing how much money, thier mate is willing to spend on them.  How much better they can out do the last wedding everyone attended.

It is thier day to show to the world that they are big girls now and look what a big boy i married.  Look at what extent my husband will go to please me.  Never mind we will be paying for this wedding for 30 years after we r married but look at all i had him/us spend on this one day.

It is the day that she has been dreaming about since she was 6 years old.  The day that she has wished for and prayed for since she can remember.  She wants to put everything into this day.  She wants to have everything she has ever dreamt of or imanged.

Women have been planning thier weddings for so very long that when that day comes that a man drops to his knees to ask her hand in marriage all that swarms thru her head are those plans and that finally she gets to plan her day.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by kokoye(m): 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2008
Well, in the Yoruba culture it's the lady's family who does most of the spending. The guy is really just responsible for the wedding gown, rings and maybe the engagement.

So, if the woman wants to spend her life and family savings on that one day and it'll make her happy, fine then.

You can show the world how 'wealthy' you are on that one day and start drinking Garri in secret. The same people who ate at ur party will always and still have something nasty to say about it.

We had a simple and classy wedding party since we were both still in graduate school at the time so it did not make any sense to waste money. It cost less than $12000 but the few invited people had the time of their lives , no elderly family members just youngies like us who were ready to go wayyy back with some classic old school music. And everyone had more than enough food and wine to take home.

Whatever floats ur boat
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by tpia: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2008
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by sistawoman: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2008
dont get me wrong i am not a fan of big weddings. Both of mine were small. My second one was done at the courthouse then we went out to party after words and then over to a friend of his house to party some more and then to his monthly meeting a few days later to party somemore.

I dont need to show off to anyone, all i wanted out of that day was his ring and last name.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by kokoye(m): 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2008
Yea, it's a lot easier to have small parties outside of naija. - cos back home ur parents (especially mothers) will not agree!

SisterW, so you been going to his monthly meetings?? very nice move wink. Is it a gathering of friends, old schoolmates or just people from the same area?

, and what part of Yorubaland is ur man from, If I may ask?
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by sistawoman: 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2008
kokoye:

Yea, it's a lot easier to have small parties outside of naija. - because back home ur parents (especially mothers) will not agree!

SisterW, so you been going to his monthly meetings?? very nice move wink. Is it a gathering of friends, old schoolmates or just people from the same area?

, and what part of Yorubaland is ur man from, If I may ask?

Akure, Ondo

the monthly meetings are only for the men that are Yoruba here. Women are not allowed, I was only allowed that one time to celebrate our union.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by skfa1: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2008
sistawoman:

Akure, Ondo
the monthly meetings are only for the men that are Yoruba here. Women are not allowed, I was only allowed that one time to celebrate our union.

You dont mean it, thats my area wow smiley
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by soulamanne(m): 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2008
WOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEN. thats why they want ready made men mostimes so that they can ve bigbang weddin and let their friends make it a topic.
guys dont really dig the wahala.we d rather ve it light and hang out finally with our boys.then go take the girl's breath away
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by sistawoman: 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2008
skfa1:

You don't mean it, thats my area wow smiley

do you live there now?
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by kokoye(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2008
cool, I know Akure very well. , have you visited the place?

so when you were allowed, were you the only female there?
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by sistawoman: 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2008
kokoye:

cool, I know Akure very well. , have you visited the place?

so when you were allowed, were you the only female there?

yes when i visited i was the only female there. I was not quite comfortable althou all the guys were very nice. I did not stay long. We danced and talked and celebrated then I left to let them doing thier debating and investing on thier own w/o any women around.

I have not visited yet but will soon. Both of his parents are dececed so there was no need for us to visit Nigeria before our marriage.

We plan to go in February depending on my available leave at the time if not then we will push it to June when the kids leave for summer vaction.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by kokoye(m): 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2008
OK, a little help from me, I'm going to list a few streets in Akure so you can surprise him:

Oba Adesida road

Ijapo Estate

Ijoka road,

Oyemekun road (the most popular I think)

Also tell him to take you to Ikogosi warm springs and Erin-ijesa waterfalls.

Goodluck.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by skfa1: 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2008
sistawoman:

do you live there now?

No, I now live in UK. Nice to know that your man is from Ondo state (Akure)
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by skfa1: 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2008
kokoye:

OK, a little help from me, I'm going to list a few streets in Akure so you can surprise him:

Oba Adesida road

Ijapo Estate

Ijoka road,

Oyemekun road (the most popular I think)

Also tell him to take you to Ikogosi warm springs and Erin-ijesa waterfalls.

Goodluck.

Wow i`m happy you mentioned my main area smiley

Ikogosi emmmm I think that is the place where warm and cold water is. init?

Are you from Akure aswell if so whereabout?
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by kokoye(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2008
well, I am an ekiti man. but my aunt lived in Akure and I used to go stay with her.
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by skfa1: 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2008
kokoye:

well, I am an ekiti man. but my aunt lived in Akure and I used to go stay with her.

Good to know i`m happy smiley we are all the same smiley
Re: Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why? by NikolaValenti: 8:15am On Jun 01, 2023
This is a great article for bridesmaid dress ideas! It's so helpful to have a variety of options to choose from that match the wedding theme colors https://www.shemightbeloved.com/6-bridesmaid-dress-ideas-to-match-your-wedding-theme-colors-weve-grouped-the-best-bridesmaid-dresses-to-fit-any-wedding-theme/ . I love the idea of having a cohesive look for the bridal party. Thanks for sharing!

(1) (Reply)

I Feel Like Dying! / Why Do U Think Girls Prefer Bad Boys / I Tend To Love My Girl Friend More Than My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.