Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (65352 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2012
2:214 Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity and were so shaken in spirit that even the Apostle and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah?" Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!
Am hasibtum an tadkhuloo aljannatawalamma ya/tikum mathalu allatheena khalaw minqablikum massat-humu alba/sao waalddarraowazulziloo hatta yaqoola alrrasoolu waallatheenaamanoo maAAahu mata nasru Allahi alainna nasra Allahi qareebun

Indeed the help of Allah is near.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2012
surah 22. Al Hajj(the pilgrimage)

22:26 Behold! We gave the site, to Abraham, of the (Sacred) House, (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me; and sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or stand up, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer).
Wa-ith bawwa/na li-ibraheemamakana albayti an la tushrik bee shay-an watahhirbaytiya liltta-ifeena waalqa-imeenawaalrrukkaAAi alssujoodi

22:27 "And proclaim the Pilgrimage among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every kind of camel, lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways;
Waaththin fee alnnasibialhajji ya/tooka rijalan waAAalakulli damirin ya/teena min kulli fajjin AAameeqin

22:28 "That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat ye thereof and feed the distressed ones in want.
Liyashhadoo manafiAAa lahum wayathkurooisma Allahi fee ayyamin maAAloomatin AAalama razaqahum min baheemati al-anAAami fakuloo minhawaatAAimoo alba-isa alfaqeera

22:29 "Then let them complete the rites prescribed for them, perform their vows, and (again) circumambulate the Ancient House."
Thumma lyaqdoo tafathahum walyoofoonuthoorahum walyattawwafoo bialbaytialAAateeqi

22:30 Such (is the Pilgrimage): whoever honours the sacred rites of Allah, for him it is good in the Sight of his Lord. Lawful to you (for food in Pilgrimage) are cattle, except those mentioned to you (as exception): but shun the abomination of idols, and shun the word that is false,-
Thalika waman yuAAaththimhurumati Allahi fahuwa khayrun lahu AAindarabbihi waohillat lakumu al-anAAamu illa mayutla AAalaykum faijtaniboo alrrijsa minaal-awthani waijtaniboo qawla alzzoori
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
surah 2. Al Baqarah(the cow)
2:196 And complete the Hajj or Umra in the service of Allah. But if ye are prevented (from completing it), send an offering for sacrifice; such as ye may find and do not shave your heads until the offering reaches the place of sacrifice. And if any of you is ill or has an ailment in his scalp (necessitating shaving), (he should) in compensation either fast, or feed the poor, or offer sacrifice; and when ye are in peaceful conditions (again), if any one wishes to continue the Umra on to the Hajj, he must make an offering, such as he can afford, but if he cannot afford it, he should fast three days during the Hajj and seven days on his return, making ten days in all. This is for those whose household is not in (the precincts of) the Sacred Mosque. And fear Allah, and know that Allah is strict in punishment.
Waatimmoo alhajja waalAAumratalillahi fa-in ohsirtum fama istaysara minaalhadyi wala tahliqoo ruoosakum hattayablugha alhadyu mahillahu faman kana minkum mareedanaw bihi athan min ra/sihi fafidyatun min siyaminaw sadaqatin aw nusukin fa-itha amintum famantamattaAAa bialAAumrati ila alhajji famaistaysara mina alhadyi faman lam yajid fasiyamuthalathati ayyamin fee alhajji wasabAAatin itharajaAAtum tilka AAasharatun kamilatun thalika limanlam yakun ahluhu hadiree almasjidi alharamiwaittaqoo Allaha waiAAlamoo anna Allahashadeedu alAAiqabi

2:197 For Hajj are the months well known. If any one undertakes that duty therein, let there be no obscenity, nor wickedness, nor wrangling in the Hajj. And whatever good ye do, (be sure) Allah knoweth it. And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best of provisions is right conduct. So fear Me, o ye that are wise.
Alhajju ashhurun maAAloomatunfaman farada feehinna alhajja fala rafathawala fusooqa wala jidala fee alhajjiwama tafAAaloo min khayrin yaAAlamhu Allahuwatazawwadoo fa-inna khayra alzzadi alttaqwawaittaqooni ya olee al-albabi

2:198 It is no crime in you if ye seek of the bounty of your Lord (during pilgrimage). Then when ye pour down from (Mount) Arafat, celebrate the praises of Allah at the Sacred Monument and celebrate His praises as He has directed you; even though, before this, ye went astray.
Laysa AAalaykum junahun an tabtaghoofadlan min rabbikum fa-itha afadtum minAAarafatin faothkuroo Allaha AAindaalmashAAari alharami waothkuroohu kamahadakum wa-in kuntum min qablihi lamina alddalleena

2:199 Then pass on at a quick pace from the place whence it is usual for the multitude so to do, and ask for Allah's forgiveness. For Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
Thumma afeedoo min haythu afadaalnnasu waistaghfiroo Allaha inna Allahaghafoorun raheemun

2:200 So when ye have accomplished your holy rites, celebrate the praises of Allah, as ye used to celebrate the praises of your fathers; yea, with far more heart and soul. There are men who say: "Our Lord! Give us (Thy bounties) in this world!" but they will have no portion in the Hereafter.
Fa-itha qadaytum manasikakumfaothkuroo Allaha kathikrikum abaakumaw ashadda thikran famina alnnasi manyaqoolu rabbana atina fee alddunyawama lahu fee al-akhirati min khalaqin

2:201 And there are men who say: "Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the hereafter, and defend us from the torment of the Fire!"
Waminhum man yaqoolu rabbana atinafee alddunya hasanatan wafee al-akhiratihasanatan waqina AAathaba alnnari

2:202 To these will be allotted what they have earned; and Allah is quick in account.
Ola-ika lahum naseebun mimmakasaboo waAllahu sareeAAu alhisabi
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 11:39am On Oct 29, 2012
surah 33. Al Ahzab(The Clans/Allies)

33:40 Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.
Ma kana muhammadun abaahadin min rijalikum walakin rasoola Allahiwakhatama alnnabiyyeena wakana Allahubikulli shay-in AAaleeman
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2012
a commentary of the above verse from tafsir Ibn Kathir:

The Messenger is not the Father of any Man
Allah states:

Muhammad is not the father of any of your men,
After this it was not permitted to say Zayd bin Muhammad, i.e., he was not his father even though he had adopted him.
No male child of the Prophet lived until puberty.
Khadijah, may Allah be pleased with her, bore him Al-Qasim, At-Tayyib and At-Tahir, but they died in childhood.
Mariyah Al-Qibtiyyah bore him Ibrahim, but he also died in infancy.
He also had four daughters from Khadijah: Zaynab, Ruqayyah, Umm Kulthum and Fatima, may Allah be pleased with them all. Three of them died during his lifetime, Fatima lived long enough to be bereaved of him, then she died six months later.

He is the Last of the Prophets
Allah says:
but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever All-Aware of everything.
This is like the Ayah:
Allah knows best with whom to place His Message. (6:124)
This Ayah clearly states that there will be no Prophet after him. If there will be no Prophet after him then there will surely be no Messenger after him either, because the status of a Messenger is higher than that of a Prophet, for every Messenger is a Prophet but the reverse is not the case.
This was reported in many Mutawatir Hadiths narrated from the Messenger of Allah via a group of his Companions, may Allah be pleased with them.

Imam Ahmad recorded a narration from Ubayy bin Ka`b, from his father that the Prophet said:
My parable among the Prophets is that of a man who built a house and did a good and complete job, apart from the space of one brick which he did not put in its place. The people started to walk around the building, admiring it and saying, "If only that brick were put in its place.
Among the Prophets, I am like that brick.
It was also recorded by At-Tirmidhi, who said "Hasan Sahih.''

Another Hadith
Imam Ahmad recorded that Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:
Messengership and Prophethood have come to an end, and there will be no more Messengers or Prophets.
This worried the people, then he said:
But there will be Al-Mubashshirat.
They said, `O Messenger of Allah, what are Al-Mubashshirat?'
He said,
The dreams of a Muslim man, and they are one of the parts of Prophethood.
This was also recorded by At-Tirmidhi, who said, "Sahih Gharib.''

Another Hadith
Abu Dawud At-Tayalisi recorded that Jabir bin Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:
The parable of myself and the Prophets is that of a man who built a house and did a complete and good job, except for the space of one brick. Whoever entered it would look at that space and say, how good it is, apart from the space of that brick. My position is like that of that brick, and the Prophets -- blessings and peace be upon them -- end with me.
It was also recorded by Al-Bukhari, Muslim and At-Tirmidhi, who said, "It is Sahih Gharib with this chain of narrators.''

Another Hadith
Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:
The parable of myself and the Prophets is that of a man who built a house and completed it apart from the space of one brick. I have come and completed that brick.
This was also recorded by Muslim.

Another Hadith
Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:
The parable of myself and the Prophets who came before me is that of a man who built houses and made them complete and beautiful apart from the space of a brick in one of the corners. The people started to walk around, admiring the construction and saying, If only you put a brick here, your construction will be complete.
The Messenger of Allah said:
And I am that brick.
It was also recorded by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Another Hadith
Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:
I have been given preference over the other Prophets in six ways:
I have been given the ability to speak concisely;
I have been aided by fear (cast into the hearts of my enemies);
the spoils of war have been made permissible for me;
the entire earth has been made a Masjid and a means of purification for me;
I have been sent to all of mankind; and
the Prophets end with me.

This was also recorded by At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah; At-Tirmidhi said, "It is Hasan Sahih.''

Another Hadith
Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:
The parable of myself and the Prophets who came before me is that of a man who built a house and completed it apart from the space of one brick. I have come and completed that brick.
It was also recorded by Muslim.

Another Hadith
Jubayr bin Mut`im, may Allah be pleased with him, said that he heard the Messenger of Allah say:
I have several names:
I am Muhammad, and
I am Ahmad;
I am Al-Mahi (the eradicator) through whom Allah will erase disbelief;
I am Al-Hashir (the gatherer) at whose feet mankind will gather; and
I am Al-`Aqib (the final one) after whom there will be no Prophet.
It was also recorded in the Two Sahihs.
And there are many other Hadiths on this topic.
Allah has told us in His Book, and His Messenger has told us in the Mutawatir Sunnah, that there will be no Prophet after him, so that it may be known that everyone who claims this status after him is a liar and fabricator who is misguided and is misguiding others. Even if he twists meanings, comes up with false claims and uses tricks and vagaries, all of this is false and is misguidance as will be clear to those who have understanding.
This is what Allah caused to happen in the case of Al-Aswad Al-`Ansi in the Yemen and Musaylimah the Liar in Al-Yamamah, whose false miracles and nonsensical words showed everyone who was possessed of understanding that they were liars who were leading people astray; may the curse of Allah be upon them both.
This is the case with every false prophet until the Day of Resurrection, until they end with Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal (the Antichrist). Each of these liars is given by Allah signs which show the people of knowledge and the believers that his message is false -- which is part of the perfect kindness of Allah towards His creation. These liars do not enjoin what is good, nor forbid what is evil, unless they do so by coincidence or because it serves an ulterior purpose. They are the utmost in falsehood and immorality, in all that they say and do, as Allah says:
Shall I inform you (O people!) upon whom the Shayatin descend! They descend on every lying, sinful person. (26:221-222)
This is in contrast to the Prophets -- may blessings and peace be upon them -- for they are the utmost in righteousness, truthfulness, wisdom, uprightness and justice in all that they say and do, command and forbid.
In addition to this they are supported with miracles and clear and obvious proof. May the blessings and peace of Allah be upon them always, as long as heaven and earth remain.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
a beautiful ayah about our beloved Muhammad(peace be on him)
9:128 Now hath come unto you an Apostle from amongst yourselves: it grieves him that ye should perish: ardently anxious is he over you: to the Believers is he most kind and merciful.
Laqad jaakum rasoolun min anfusikumAAazeezun AAalayhi ma AAanittum hareesunAAalaykum bialmu/mineena raoofun raheemun
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
68. Al Qalam, the Pen.

68:1 Nun. By the Pen and the (Record) which (men) write,-
Noon waalqalami wama yasturoona

68:2 Thou art not, by the Grace of thy Lord, mad or possessed.
Ma anta biniAAmati rabbika bimajnoonin

68:3 Nay, verily for thee is a Reward unfailing:
Wa-inna laka laajran ghayra mamnoonin

68:4 And thou (standest) on an exalted standard of character.
Wa-innaka laAAala khuluqin AAatheemin

68:5 Soon wilt thou see, and they will see,
Fasatubsiru wayubsiroona

68:6 Which of you is afflicted with madness.
Bi-ayyikumu almaftoonu

68:7 Verily it is thy Lord that knoweth best, which (among men) hath strayed from His Path: and He knoweth best those who receive (true) Guidance.
Inna rabbaka huwa aAAlamu biman dallaAAan sabeelihi wahuwa aAAlamu bialmuhtadeena
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
Quran 4: 1. O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it
its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear
Allah , through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is
ever, over you, an Observer.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by readonenaire(m): 6:30am On Jul 08, 2013
does favourite ayah necessarily be cuz of the meaning cry i like baqarah 191 to 193 cuz of the predominancy of huroof "qah"cheesy

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by golpen(m): 9:54am On Jul 08, 2013
My favourite verse depends on the genre (mystery, literature, science et al), while my best verse varies with time. So;

For now, my best verse is in suratul-ghashiyah, where Allah talks of the camel. It says:

"Do they not look at the Camels, how they are made? [17]" and verily, science has it that the camel has many mysterious features, that makes it a special animal.

My best surah for now is suratul-yusuff. No matter how frequently you read the story time and time again, you just can't help but get engrossed over and over again. Indeed, Allah is the best storyteller.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by F00028: 11:11am On Jul 08, 2013
Say, ‘The truth is from your Lord’: Let him who will believe, believe and let him who will, reject, reject……
The Noble Quran, 18:29
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by jelel6: 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
having a favorite sura is like asking me to choose the best diamond from a pot of diamonds. However, there is a verse which parable is unmatched throughout the Quran. Chapter 35 of suratul nur is a touchstone. And a bag of questions for the unbelievers.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Tbaby4real(f): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2013
I love suratul- Rahman..... Sometimes it makes me cry.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Ameenabalarabe(f): 4:58am On Jul 11, 2013
Suratul kahfi. . .and nisai
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by jlo247(m): 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
my favourite ayah any day any time is in suratul Rahman. (alijazahulinsan ilal insan) is there any reward for good other than good?

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Ifyjemila(f): 11:42am On Nov 14, 2013
Allah is great. I love all the suras in the holy quran but my favorits are suratul fatiha, An-Nas, Al-falaq, Al-Ikhlaas. Kawsar, Al-kafirun,An-Nasr.Al-masad, Quraish, Al-maun & Al-Asr. May Allah bless us with the knowledge of the quran & the knowledge of the book.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by tbaba1234: 11:45am On Nov 14, 2013
At the moment, probably Surah Hadid..
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by kemiola89(f): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
Surat Rahman and Mulik does it for me. I sometimes recite surat Mulik during solat.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
Quran 8:25 And fear a trial which will not strike those who have wronged among you
exclusively, and know that Allah is severe in penalty.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by harmeenart(f): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
Truth is,the quran just marvels me.I love it all. When I'm memorising a surah,It seems to be my favourite.But as soon as I'm learning a new one,I love it more than the former. It just goes on and on like that.But when it comes to reciting,I love reading suratul rahman and suratul qamar.
Which of the favours of your Lord can you(man and jinn) deny?

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by PHEMIEY(m): 10:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
I had to post;
@mukina jazakallahu khaeran
just stumbled upon dis dis afternoon, but just couldn't leave till am tru.
my fav PRESENTLY is Surat Al-layl
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by moufan: 2:40am On Dec 21, 2013
my favorite surah in the glorious Quran is Surat rahman,I just luv the surah,with the verse fabi ayi alahi robikuman tukasiban as my favorite.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by RAO1(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
I don't av one...I read/recite surah baqorah alot... I think deeply while reading surah zzalzalah ...host of ayahs n surahs...
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 01, 2014
"Illa man taaba wa aamana wa 'amala 'amalan salihan fa'ula'ika yubaddilullahu sayyi'aatihim hassanaat. Wa kaana Allahu Ghafuran Raheema." Al Furqan verse 70.

Gives hope to Muslims when our sins weigh us down, that they will not just be erased if we can fulfill the conditions, but will even be converted to an equal measure of good deeds. Allah is truly Forgiving and Merciful to us.

The verses in Surat atTuur starting from verse 32 and culminating in
"am lahum ilahun ghair Allah, subhan Allahi 'amma yushrikun" verse 43
are lovely in making one think too.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by jiddama(f): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2014
its hard to finger point one surah or ayat .but the ones I feel most connected to right now are suratul Yusuf Q:12 and suratul Nuh Q:78.A lot of lessons 2 be learnt from the lives of these 2 great prophets of Allah (may peace be upon them) .
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 3:56am On Apr 22, 2015
WHICH OF THE BLESSINGS OF YOUR LORD WILL YOU DENY.

Surat Al-'Isrā' (The Night Journey)
17:70

And We have certainly honored the children of Adam and carried them on the land and sea and provided for them of the good things and preferred them over much of what We have created, with [definite] preference.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by abisolaarshow(f): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
Fabi ayyi aala irabbikumo tukazhiban
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Empiree: 5:23am On Apr 23, 2015
Sura Yasin and Sura Khaf, Alhamdulilahi!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by kawinzy(f): 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ar-rahman,suratul Muhammed,Mujadallah
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
May God grant us the blessings of the holy month. The month of the Quran.

2:183

O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by saf12345(m): 11:48am On Jun 21, 2015
Al-kaafiroon is my favourite. Rejecting falsehood and upholding true monotheism

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Boiled Meat Changes Into 'Allah Akbar' In Lagos - Facebook User Claims. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.