Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48666 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by omoboy08(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
The accord party winner defeated dapolam with a landslide of over 20thousand vote. From source, the woman is a school owner with phd holder
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by jaybee3(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2011
^^
Looks like the better candidate won so no qualms
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
omoboy08:

The accord party winner defeated dapolam with a landslide of over 20thousand vote. From source, the woman is a school owner with phd

Imagine that
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by humantoy(m): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
I never liked the idea of sons and daughters of prominent politicians winning elections in Nigeria.But really,if the process that throws up such children is transparent for all to see,then it is okay.I think Nigerians are now ready to reject those useless people who pretend to be geniune leaders.If Dapo Lam went through proper primaries and won the elections,then we should congratulate him.After all in the same city,a guy who won a seat into the senate 4 years ago without any opposition because of his very ''powerful'' father was last weekend trounced by another party.Oyo electorates are highly inteligent.They would have rejected dapo lam at the polls if they were not comfortable with him representing them at the house of reps.
Personally,I am not a fan of Dapo because I heard a lot of negative stories about him when his father was a gorvernor but none of these stories could be proven.Being the son of a former gorvernor should not make him unelectable.The questions I would ask myself are:
1.Is he qualified to be a member of the house of reps?
2.Did he actually win the primaries of his party or he was impossed?
3.Did he will the general elections or he was rigged in?
If satisfied withe the questions above,all I'll say is congrats to Dapo and he should always remember that power resides with the power and not his father.So,all he does should be all that will benefit the people.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2011
damola1:

when all your political opponents were busy pushing for votes out there, you came here to speak to Nigerians that are not even in Ibadan,   cry cry cry
There is nothing wrong in using a platform like NL to articulate your views and project your image and ideas.
Of course, that doesn't mean 99% of the work is not in his Ibadan constituency.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2011
But the good thing for him is that his party, ACN, is now in control of the state.
If he doesn't get appointive post in the new dispensation(2011-2015), he can easily position himself for 2015 when his party is expected to have gained stronger ground in the state.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Lagosboy: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2011
Jarus:

But the good thing for him is that his party, ACN, is now in control of the state.
If he doesn't get appointive post in the new dispensation(2011-2015), he can easily position himself for 2015 when his party is expected to have gained stronger ground in the state.

ACN is not in control of Oyo state as of yet. Oyo is a 3 horse race at the moment. PDP has more house of rep seats at the moment with 5 seats, ACN 4 and Accord 4. ACN has 2 senate seats and PDP 1 seat.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by omoboy08(m): 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2011
Adedibu,Akinjide,Lam-Adesina and Olunloyo wc electn of his daughter yet 2b conducted. All des pple wants 2use their big names 2influence vote for their offsprings, that i bliv was in d past. The so-called adedibu,akinjide nd olunloyo re all in suppord of akala's 2nd term bid. To me 'won ti jaye omo won mo tiwon'
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2011
Lagosboy:

ACN is not in control of Oyo state as of yet. Oyo is a 3 horse race at the moment. PDP has more house of rep seats at the moment with 5 seats, ACN 4 and Accord 4. ACN has 2 senate seats and PDP 1 seat.
That's correct.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
This debate started way back from 2008.

We shouted and debated it day and night. Here on Nairaland and on facebook.

Congrats to Dapo Lam for contesting.

But no hard feelings for him loosing. At least I am happy that he lost.

Ibadan needs a change and a true turn around of things.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2011
omoboy08:

Adedibu,Akinjide,Lam-Adesina and Olunloyo wc electn of his daughter yet 2b conducted. All des pple wants 2use their big names 2influence vote for their offsprings, that i bliv was in d past. The so-called adedibu,akinjide nd olunloyo re all in suppord of akala's 2nd term bid. To me 'won ti jaye omo won mo tiwon'

That's the cold truth there, I feel like cussing them out so bad but then what's the effing point
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by omoboy08(m): 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2011
Acn would ve been d best party in oyo state like other sw states, but they had a shady primaries, the same way they choose dapolam nd ajimobi as gov's cand. Acn in some state will b run under BABA SOPE esp in oyo.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by gentlem80(m): 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
@dapolam

Firstly, I would like to commend u on the way campaigned I really liked it.

Bros, I will implore you to please go into something lot more interesting and you dont have to be in any political office before you can have effect on the life of the masses.

Enough  said!!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by danteweb: 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2011
Young people and the Nigeria we see

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by deols(f): 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2011
Oh oh!, seeing ds post for the first time. Am happy he lost. We living in Ibadan were very much aware of his acts. No explanation here could have been enough.

dayokanu:

You mean listen to the trash of how he started a cyber cafe and oil company with "gifts" from dads friends?

Thank God Ibadan ppl were wise.

Do you think Oyo-Ibadan ppl are forgetful? A guy whose father was governor and his extravagant lifestyle became a topic for discussion on State media even on TV yet his parents said "They have suffered enough let them enjoy now"

My family is from Oyo and I advocated that they vote Accord though next weekend we are for ACN- BB2011
[size=25pt]
Aji sebi Oyo laari Oyo ki i se bi baba enikan[/size]

Never knew u'r from my side!, well done bro.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Musiwa13: 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
that naija
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Poster, was he ever really a nairalander? I mean the dude probably showed up like 3 times and that was it for all we know.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by ayinba1(f): 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
The guy, dapolam, is way more levelheaded than his supporters. The electorate have every right to ask questions and kudos to Dapolam for his efforts and decency in responding.

Asking to hold a political office is basically a job application. In Nigeria of yesterday, man know man made it easy for you to coast through without going through an interview. Today, people are more aware and are asking questions

@Dapolam,
You are young. Do not let your father's name hold you back, ,it could. Do not give up your aspirations. You have time between now and the next election to do things in Oyo state that will show the people that you care.
Good luck to you.

Ajise bi Oyo laari o, Ibadan, ile oluyole, omoibadan kini soo
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2011
Ayinba, with the fonee you spoke last week, I didn't you understand Yoruba this much o. Lol
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
ayinba1:

@Dapolam,
You are young. Do not let your father's name hold you back, ,it could. Do not give up your aspirations. You have time between now and the next election to do things in Oyo state that will show the people that you care.
Good luck to you.

Well, if he has started on that back in 2008, he may have increased his chances this year!!! If you look through the thread, you will see where we advised him to do just that but he refused.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by opalu: 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
@ FOLA ADEOLA'S SHOW

WHERE DO THESE RIBADU/ADEOLA DO THEIR GRAPHICS?

THEIR BRAND IS SO APPEALING

HOWEVER, THE MOSLEM/MOSLEM THING IS SO REPELLING
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Beaf: 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
danteweb:

Young people and the Nigeria we see

Has Ribadu been ejected? Why is he nowhere to be found on your poster?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 7:42am On Apr 12, 2011
We all have spoken our minds once again but I can assure you all like I used to say that it is never a do or die affair.The things that went wrong is just the kinda of politics we play in Oyo.

Why did ACN clear Ogun State even when we all had the same type of Primaries?

In Oyo State the PDP is leading by winning more seats in the HOR.I have lost and I have accepted defeat but I can assure you that I never lost to the parties you claimed but the insiders who wanted to take a pound of flesh on my father for losing in the primaries.

Let me state claerly here that Ajimobi was the best to have been picked and I pray he wins.I have moved on since Saturday night and I have addressed my people on the need for us to buckle up and make sure Oyo State does not fall into the hands of certain people again.

On the issue of Primaries,I can state clearly here that I worked tirelessly for it and if not for the fact that I am Lam Adesina's Son,I am sure u all will praise me and not crucify me as you are all doing now.

I have said that either in position or not the struggle for a better society must continue and I am leading the crusade now to chart a new course for Nigerian youths.Even though I have lost but I am never down.I have tried where people feel it is impossible and I am syure the sjy is the limit for Nigetian youths.There is a reference point now in Dapo Lam for anyone to come up and challenge the status quo of leaders thinking the youths cannot do it.

I am a fuffilled man.Thanks to all Nairalaanders for the criticism all the time.

Let us leave Dapo Lam now and join hands to see how we can influence our society and the people that won to do what is right.

It is well with all of us.

God bless always.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kilode1: 7:57am On Apr 12, 2011
^^ As long as you are ready to work and serve our people with integrity you can always come back and try again, politics can be very forgiving, it's nice to read that you appreciate the criticism, that is the beauty of representative democracy.

Get the grassroots excited sell your vision and ideology and keep trying. Your people are worth the trouble if you really want to serve them.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Sarahluv(f): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2011
It's good to know that Oyo State has shown it's dissatisfaction with PDP with their votes. Even if there is no clear-cut control of the National assembly slots by any party, the previous domination of PDP has been whittled down.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by fuke(m): 10:28am On Apr 12, 2011
@ Nairalanders

Please let us leave Dapolam alone for now.

I think he is bold and he has doe noble to come here and talk to us.

Kudos to him on that.

Question. How many of the others can come here and face the fire the guy faced?

Request. somebody please bring madam re-branding here to defend what happened in her senatorial district
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by holu27: 10:35am On Apr 12, 2011
I can't stop wandering why it has to be the privileged few or the son's of past public office holders that have to come and sanitize our society or chart new courses for the Nigerian youths. Seems, every other person, irrespective of their level of intelligence have no place in the development of this Nation Nigeria.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by thameamead(f): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2011
Thank God, he was absolutely useless, without his father's name, he would probabaly be shelf filling @ Neto in Peckham. E
Enough of political dynansty in Nigeria, we want people who can do the job.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by thameamead(f): 11:14am On Apr 12, 2011
any news on Rotimi Ajanaku? did he win? does anyone know where his Hotel in Ibadan is located as well as the name.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by semid4lyfe(m): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2011
Jarus:
There is nothing wrong in using a platform like NL to articulate your views and project your image and ideas.
Of course, that doesn't mean 99% of the work is not in his Ibadan constituency.

Hmmm, I looked into my crystal ball and it told me our very own Jarus will be running for political office in the not too distant future wink

For the outcome, come and see me with a Ghana-Must-Go grin grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by semid4lyfe(m): 11:55am On Apr 12, 2011
holu27:
I can't stop wandering why it has to be the privileged few or the son's of past public office holders that have to come and sanitize our society or chart new courses for the Nigerian youths. Seems, every other person, irrespective of their level of intelligence have no place in the development of this Nation Nigeria.

Very True!!!

I'm pretty sure there are more siblings of past public office holders who contested in the National Assembly Elections and many more will still contest in the State Assembly Elections.

Olumide Osoba (the son of former Governor of Ogun State, Olusegun Osoba) also contested the National Assembly Election in Ogun state. I'm assuming he won since his party the ACN swept the state.

Olumide was my senior in Secondary School and I know him quite well so I have no problem with him winning. It's always good to have friends in high places wink

WOW! Just discovered I've hit 7000 posts with this comment cool
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Lagosboy: 11:58am On Apr 12, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Very True!!!

I'm pretty sure there are more siblings of past public office holders who contested in the National Assembly Elections and many more will still contest in the State Assembly Elections.

Olumide Osoba (the son of former Governor of Ogun State, Olusegun Osoba) also contested the National Assembly Election in Ogun state. I'm assuming he won since his party the ACN swept the state.

Olumide was my senior in Secondary School and I know him quite well so I have no problem with him winning. It's always good to have friends in high places wink

Oga you go ISL or A hall ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts / Aerial View Of Lekki Via Drone Camera / "We Have Heard Your Cries Loud And Clear" - Osinbajo Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.