Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,205 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Nairaland Official Chess Thread! - Gaming (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nairaland Official Chess Thread! (116473 Views)

Chess Basics For Beginners / Nairaland's Official Instagram Thread; Post Your IG Handles. / Nairaland Official PSP Apps,games,tutorials & H@cks(striclty For PSP Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by tosomaju(m): 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hook me up on www.chess.com my username is tosan181
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by qubie(m): 9:40am On Mar 22, 2017
chess.com qubie007
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by alex81(m): 12:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
qubie:
chess.com qubie007

qb y u dey snub me na na me ur guy o
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by ybalogs(m): 3:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
Injustice against Royal Chess Club Members
Chess is a noble game. Chess players are hardly in the news for the wrong reasons.
Yesterday, i made my way to see a friend at one of the local chess clubs (Royal Chess Club ) in Kubwa, Abuja. Club members often meet after the close of work around 5pm at 2-1 Garden, Kubwa, Abuja.
Abuja is structured around gardens. Before you walk a kilometer or two, you will most likely see 4-5 gardens.
The experience as narrated by Mr. Yemi owowa:
"Yesterday, 10th April 2017, There were ten (10) players there present playing chess at Our Royal Chess Club, 2-1 Garden, Kubwa, Abuja.
Five (5) policemen came into the club arena and told us all to sit on the floor. We have never experienced such before since the inception of the club. With fear in our minds, we obeyed and sat on the floor without questioning. A 52 year old man (David Bamidele) stood up to speak to one of the officers, only for him to receive a heavy slap from one of the officers as he ordered him to sit back on the floor or face his wrath.
Few minutes later, we were ordered into the police bus without knowing the reason for our arrest. Club members who came in their cars were told to get in their cars and they drove us to phase 4 police station, Kubwa, FCT Abuja.
We were at the station for two (2) hours without knowing why we were arrested. Later, we were asked to show our identity cards, which most of us presented to the officers while we were remanded at the counter for no offense committed. We tried reaching our relatives to come through for us but the officers stopped our relatives from getting into the police station.
They grumbled and murmured among themselves and released us while they remained unapologetic. To our dismay, we were told they collected the sum of N17,000 from some of our relatives and the manager of 2-1 garden before we were released.
All we ask is for Justice to be served. These set of men who arrested us for no reasons whatsoever are a disgrace to the Nigeria Police Force.
We will appreciate if you can help share this on your social media platforms till it gets to the right authority. If corruption is to stop, it has to start with men in the uniform.
We are calling on Individuals and lawyers who might be interested in our case, to help take it up seriously till Justice is served.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2017
LxgIncrediboy:
I NEED to learn how to play chess anyone willing to tutor me living in abuja?

Hi.. where in abuja are you based?

You can follow my chess thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2152083/chess-basics-beginners

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by OversightTM(m): 10:16am On Apr 26, 2017
ybalogs:
Injustice against Royal Chess Club Members
Chess is a noble game. Chess players are hardly in the news for the wrong reasons.
Yesterday, i made my way to see a friend at one of the local chess clubs (Royal Chess Club ) in Kubwa, Abuja. Club members often meet after the close of work around 5pm at 2-1 Garden, Kubwa, Abuja.
Abuja is structured around gardens. Before you walk a kilometer or two, you will most likely see 4-5 gardens.
The experience as narrated by Mr. Yemi owowa:
"Yesterday, 10th April 2017, There were ten (10) players there present playing chess at Our Royal Chess Club, 2-1 Garden, Kubwa, Abuja.
Five (5) policemen came into the club arena and told us all to sit on the floor. We have never experienced such before since the inception of the club. With fear in our minds, we obeyed and sat on the floor without questioning. A 52 year old man (David Bamidele) stood up to speak to one of the officers, only for him to receive a heavy slap from one of the officers as he ordered him to sit back on the floor or face his wrath.
Few minutes later, we were ordered into the police bus without knowing the reason for our arrest. Club members who came in their cars were told to get in their cars and they drove us to phase 4 police station, Kubwa, FCT Abuja.
We were at the station for two (2) hours without knowing why we were arrested. Later, we were asked to show our identity cards, which most of us presented to the officers while we were remanded at the counter for no offense committed. We tried reaching our relatives to come through for us but the officers stopped our relatives from getting into the police station.
They grumbled and murmured among themselves and released us while they remained unapologetic. To our dismay, we were told they collected the sum of N17,000 from some of our relatives and the manager of 2-1 garden before we were released.
All we ask is for Justice to be served. These set of men who arrested us for no reasons whatsoever are a disgrace to the Nigeria Police Force.
We will appreciate if you can help share this on your social media platforms till it gets to the right authority. If corruption is to stop, it has to start with men in the uniform.
We are calling on Individuals and lawyers who might be interested in our case, to help take it up seriously till Justice is served.
This is really appalling believe me you. I am fed up with the Nigerian Police shameless show of impunity. God help Nigeria.

PS: Kindly create a thread with your story, we need this to get to front page though
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by LxgIncrediboy(m): 10:21am On Apr 26, 2017
joywendy:

Thanks but if there an app I can play u on... I think it'd be must better.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 10:23am On Apr 26, 2017
LxgIncrediboy:

Thanks but if there an app I can play u on... I think it'd be must better.

chess.com

Wendzy username
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by LxgIncrediboy(m): 10:37am On Apr 26, 2017
joywendy:

chess.com

Wendzy username
Can we play now?! Ill be sending you an invite in 15mins
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2017
LxgIncrediboy:

Can we play now?! Ill be sending you an invite in 15mins

Yes I sent you one. you can download the app on Google pay store if you using android device .
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by LxgIncrediboy(m): 11:58am On Apr 26, 2017
joywendy:

Yes I sent you one. you can download the app on Google pay store if you using android device .

It keeps telling me your not available
Here's my username: 9ja_nostradamus
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 12:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
LxgIncrediboy:

It keeps telling me your not available Here's my username: 9ja_nostradamus
I'm am. go for the daily chess. I have added you already. Refresh your app
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by strictlynaija: 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
joywendy:

Hey, I am in Abuja too. Come, let me teach you some Chess lessons tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by LxgIncrediboy(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
joywendy:

Daily chess?! Under where
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by LxgIncrediboy(m): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
joywendy:

Can't find it

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by WackyJ1(m): 4:15am On Apr 30, 2017
For those who read or read chess books, you will know who Jeremy Silman is

Read the Full article at

https://www.chess.com/article/view/what-in-the-world-is-a-chess-style

Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Nobody: 6:24am On May 04, 2017
Goodmorning all. Please any chess player in Benin?(EDO STATE) or any club. Would appreciate if i could get someone to play with, Just want to up my game Anyone who care to play could add my up on chess.com (shacore10) am a learner oooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by thesicilian: 1:17pm On May 04, 2017
Who has a list of chess clubs in Lagos pls? Especially around Ikeja.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by LxgIncrediboy(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2017
WackyJ1:
For those who read or read chess books, you will know who Jeremy Silman is

Read the Full article at

https://www.chess.com/article/view/what-in-the-world-is-a-chess-style

WackyJ so you're a NLer sef undecided... This is 9ja_nostradamus angry
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by WackyJ1(m): 9:02am On May 06, 2017
LxgIncrediboy:

WackyJ so you're a NLer sef undecided... This is 9ja_nostradamus angry

Hehehe. Yes man..
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Blue001(m): 7:57am On Jun 10, 2017
Hello Nairalander,

You are invited to Crown Heights Chess Challenge, at Crown Heights College, Ibadan, Oyo State.

Individuals and schools can participate

Eligibility: 12- 20 years of age
Date: 21st-23rd of June, 2017
Venue: Crown Heights College, Ibadan
Price money worth N50,000
Registration fee: N1,200

Note: All participant must be registered on or before 20th June, 2017.
participants from outside Oyo state can also call in for accommodation arrangements.

For procedure of registration call: 08135662230 or info@crownheightscollege.com

also visit us on crownheightscollege.com or
Facebook.com/crownheightscollege

#weloveyou
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by cifo1145(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
Join us on whatsapp if u are a lover of the game of strategy....working on a mock tournament so we need those that are good and also those that will like to learn, practice and become great players....chat me up on 09033964822(whatsapp only) pls don't call.....Regards.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by ybalogs(m): 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
Blue001:
Hello Nairalander,

You are invited to Crown Heights Chess Challenge, at Crown Heights College, Ibadan, Oyo State.

Individuals and schools can participate

Eligibility: 12- 20 years of age
Date: 21st-23rd of June, 2017
Venue: Crown Heights College, Ibadan
Price money worth N50,000
Registration fee: N1,200

Note: All participant must be registered on or before 20th June, 2017.
participants from outside Oyo state can also call in for accommodation arrangements.

For procedure of registration call: 08135662230 or info@crownheightscollege.com

also visit us on crownheightscollege.com or
Facebook.com/crownheightscollege

#weloveyou
WHERE IS THE SCHOOL?
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Blue001(m): 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
ybalogs:
WHERE IS THE SCHOOL?
km 3, along Ojoo-Arulongun road, Ibadan, Oyo state. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Eliona(f): 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
Toritse the queen of Nigeria chess players needs your support to facilitate her travel for the African Individual Chess Championships in Algiers, Algeria, from 1st July, 2017 to 13th July, 2017.

This is an opportunity for her to bag the Women International Master (WIM) or even the Women Grandmaster (WGM) Titles.

The Travel Fund is an effort to support the chess pursuits of Toritsemuwa Ofowino and it also provides financial support for Toritsemuwa's chess-related activities including tournament expenses, travel, and lodging.

Toritsemuwa qualified twice(Norway 2014 & Baku 2016) to represent Nigeria at the World Chess Olympiad but due to financial and technical reasons, she couldn't attend.

Toritsemuwa Ofowino is the most active Nigerian Female Chess Player. It is her mission to become the first Women International Master (WIM) in Nigeria and West Africa. Please click link for donation.

Thank you very much for your anticipated Support.

https://www.generosity.com/sports-fundraising/support-toritse-chess-travel-fund
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by Loluores: 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
Kasparov returns to tournament chess. Interesting... let's see how this goes. #stlouis
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by ToyinDipo(m): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
Loluores:
Kasparov returns to tournament chess. Interesting... let's see how this goes. #stlouis

Very exciting, he has always had these fire in him while analysing chess matches in recent tourneys.
I doubt he can still play classical chess against these theory monsters.
And I hope he doesn't pull a Jobava in this tourney.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by BlueMags(m): 11:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
Loluores:

I really doubt if he can still do this.

i still believe though that his personality can still intimidate.
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by chiboyo(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
Pls do we have active players in PHC?

Any club that one can join in PHC?
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by joywendy(f): 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2017
hey Folks let's support our own IM femi against GM carlsen!
https://www.nairaland.com/4029146/nigeria-chess-sensation-im-femi#60072145
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by SmartyPants(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hello guys...had no idea there was an official chess thread here....

Would love to play against some nairalanders, and i'm thinking we should organize a tournament online.

Who's up for it?
Re: Nairaland Official Chess Thread! by tens4real(m): 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
SmartyPants:
Hello guys...had no idea there was an official chess thread here....

Would love to play against some nairalanders, and i'm thinking we should organize a tournament online.

Who's up for it?
uncle me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

Pls Help Me On How I Can Install PES 2013 On My Computer. / Efootball PES 2024 PPSSPP Android Game Download / How To Use Cheats On Android PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.