Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon (44931 Views)

Lebanon Arrests Vulture Accused Of Spying For Isreal. (pic) / ISIS Supreme Leader's Wife, Son Captured And Detained In Lebanon / Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nferyn(m): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2006
Has anyone here considered what the real face and backing of Hezbollah are when, after these weeks of pounding them, they still manage to fire more than hunderd rockets a day. There are many regular armies (among them the lebanese army) that cannot muster that kind of firepower. Hezbollah is but a proxy for Iran that is abusing Lebanon for their ultimate aim of driving all the Jews into the sea.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Afam(m): 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2006
@Emeka83,

Those that talk about disproportionate response may be scumbags but believe me they have minds that are better and more organised than your thoroughly confused rantings here.

Making contributions on a discussion forum is not by force, you can read and learn if you have nothing to contribute.

Funny enough in reality it is people like you that will faint when you hear the sound of a gun let alone fight when it makes sense to do so.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2006
Afam:

@Emeka83,

Those that talk about disproportionate response may be scumbags but believe me they have minds that are better and more organised than your thoroughly confused rantings here.

Making contributions on a discussion forum is not by force, you can read and learn if you have nothing to contribute.

Funny enough in reality it is people like you that will faint when you hear the sound of a gun let alone fight when it makes sense to do so.

Careful you're coming across as a hypocrite. Are you insinuating that it doesn't make sense for Israel to fight? Think carefully about your response.

I also notice you have ignored my 2 previous posts. Why is that?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Afam(m): 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2006
@Mariory,

Unless the meaning of hypocrisy has changed, I wonder what you are talking about here.

Why would I not expect israel to fight? That is the problem with people like you, as long as one disagrees with a single point you go ahead and assume anything you want to assume.

Israel reserves the full rights to fight back especially against those that do not want them to exist, but in doing so, the onus lies on them to attack, maim or kill the enemies, not innocent civilians.

If you find the statements above difficult to comprehend, that's your own kettle of fish.

What's your two previous posts about? Do you imagine I go through everyone's posts here? Once I notice that someone is making baseless claims and discussing off point I don't waste my time on such posts.

I do not support the killing of innocent ones by any group.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by sonics(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2006
hey guys! I never new the lebanese are so myopic cos the hezbollah fans are just using these medium as a bridge to fight christian and islamic war! but it is just unfortunate that it is not working for them cos "baba God" is in control, this terrible people are actually using the civilian to cover their black asses cos they are nothing but leaches.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2006
Afam:

@Mariory,

Unless the meaning of hypocrisy has changed, I wonder what you are talking about here.

Why would I not expect israel to fight? That is the problem with people like you, as long as one disagrees with a single point you go ahead and assume anything you wantto assume.

Israel reserves the full rights to fight back especially against those that do not want them to exist, but in doing so, the onus lies on them to attack, maim or kill the enemies, not innocent civilians.

If you find the statements above difficult to comprehend, that's your own kettle of fish.

You said Isreal has the right to fight back. That's exactly what they are doing. They bomb locations that rockets are fired from. The onus lies on innocent civilians not to allow their homes to be used for military purposes. The statement is not difficult to understand, you are just talking rubbish.

Afam:

What's your two previous posts about? Do you imagine I go through everyone's posts here? Once I notice that someone is making baseless claims and discussing off point I don't waste my time on such posts.

LOL too easy. However let's discuss how Hezbolla and Hamas are intentionally targeting civilians.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Afam(m): 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2006
@Mariory,

Go ahead and discuss Hezbollah and Hamas as it is very clear that your defence of the killing of innocent ones in Lebanon is just lame and silly.

You don't set the premise for any discussions, it is not about what you want to discuss, it is about what is worth discussing.

I honestly believe that you are a religious bigot and the only difference between you and a terrorist is what you believe in, not how you arrive at what you believe in because it's basically the same thought process.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by dayokanu(m): 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2006
Hizbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah says he wants Israel to release from prison Samir Kuntar, a Lebanese citizen who was part of a Palestine Liberation Organization (P.L.O.) cell that in 1979 arrived by boat in the northern Israeli town of Nahariya and invaded the apartment of the Haran family. Smadar Haran hid in the attic with her daughter Yael, 2, and was so intent on stifling the girl's crying that she accidentally suffocated the child. Meanwhile, members of the cell took Danny Haran and daughter Einat, 4, back to the shore where, realizing escape was impossible, Kuntar shot Danny in the back and drowned him, then battered Einat's head on beach rocks and smashed her skull with his rifle butt.
Think about that .

Did Seun Osewa the moderator graduate from O.A.U Ile-Ife?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2006
Afam:

@Mariory,

Go ahead and discuss Hezbollah and Hamas as it is very clear that your defence of the killing of innocent ones in Lebanon is just lame and silly.

You don't set the premise for any discussions, it is not about what you want to discuss, it is about what is worth discussing.

I honestly believe that you are a religious bigot and the only difference between you and a terrorist is what you believe in, not how you arrive at what you believe in because it's basically the same thought process.

Dude you are a retard. You came in here saying you do not support the killing of innocent ones by any group. And now you refuse to discuss Isreal civilian deaths at the hands of radicals because they're not worth it?

I have said it time and time again in my posts on this thread. A UN official that visited lebanon said it. News stations showed it live for us to see. Hezbolla uses civilian areas for lunching attacks on Israeli cities. Not military but cities. If they want to avoid civilian casualties, they must cease this at once.

You are so ready to discuss Israel and the US but shy away from speaking about Hezbolla or Hamas.

I honestly believe you are a fundamentalist who supports Hezbolla, Hamas, and all the other Islamic violent radical groups in the Middle East. I bet hearing of Isreali deaths brings a smile to your face.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2006
Afam:

@Mariory,

Why would I not expect israel to fight? That is the problem with people like you, as long as one disagrees with a single point you go ahead and assume anything you want to assume.

Afam, your hot hypocritical air is very annoying. In one breath you accuse others of "knowing too much" while in the same breath commiting the same sin.
It's not by force to shoot yourself in the foot with baseless statements.

You expect Isreal to defend itself? Did i hear you right?
You say you expect Isreal to kill the enemies and not "innocent" civilians, pray! What is Hizbollah doing? Where have all their thousands of khatyusha rockets been attacking? The IDF in Lebanon or innocent civilians in Haifa, Nazareth and now the West Bank?
How do you "attack and maim" the enemy when when he cowardly launches rockets from mosques and residential apartments, hides rockets in civilian homes and uses the same "innocent" civilians as human shields? Is it that you expect the IDF to go around demanding identification before attacking a ferocious enemy whose sole purpose is to annihilate you?

Why are there different rules for Isreali and Hizbollah bombs and rockets? So in your own warped thinking, it is perfectly okay for hizbollah to launch 230 rockets into civilian populations in Isreal yesterday while it is a crime for the IDF to bomb a hizbollah outpost which unfortunately contained civilians that had been warned days earlier to leave?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Afam(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2006
@Mariory,

In your lifetime there is just one thing you will not be capable of doing - rising above religious bigotry.

The death of anyone should not bring smiles to anyone's face, maybe it does to you but it is understandable.

Fundamentalist? I knew that would be your conclusion because anyone that does not agree to your hate idealogy becomes a pro Hamas or pro Hezbollah.

FYI, I am a practicing christian, not the type you may claim to be because we do see people everyday that dine with the devil at night only to claim christianity in the morning.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2006
@ Afam

Dear hypocrite, 22 "innocent" afghan civillians have just been killed by a suicide bomber in the Punjwai district center a few hrs ago. Unfortunately we are not seeing gruesome pictures of the dead and aljazeera does not seem to have reporters on ground.

Apparently scenes like these don't bother people like you, the world only reacts when the "aggressors" is Isreal!

NB: the 57 killed in Qana is about half the daily death toll in Baghdad alone from ethnic militias. Obviously that is not important too.

And stop circumventing the question! Agreed that the "death of anyone should not bring smiles to anyone's face", that is understandable to anyone. The question is why have you focused SOLELY on Isreal's killing of 57 iin Qana IN A PERIOD OF WAR and yet conciously ignore the atrocities caused by Hamas, PLO, Hizbollah, Al qeuada and others?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Afam(m): 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2006
Davidylan,

I keep maintaining that half knowledge is very dangerous, keep exposing yourself.

Unless you are both blind and stupid I wonder how you missed my position which I have stated over 5 times on this thread that the killing of innocent ones by any person, group or country is wrong.

Maybe your minset has tuned your thoroughly biased system to believe that any comment against the level of response (which by the way resulted in a lot of civilian casualties) by Israel, means support for Hezbollah.

I really pity your level of comprehension.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2006
Dear Afam,

If my level of comprehension was really that low, i doubt that i'd be where i am today. I dont need to tell you where but i'm pretty sure its where you can never dream of attaining in the next 50 yrs.

What do you really define as half knowledge? When the truth does not suit your own warped ideology?

Maybe your minset has tuned your thoroughly biased system to believe that any comment against the level of response (which by the way resulted in a lot of civilian casualties) by Israel, means support for Hezbollah

See who's thoruoghly biased here! What do you mean by "Isreali level of response"? So an appropriate response from the IDF would be to sit back in Isreal and launch rocket attacks into heavily populated civilian areas in Beirut? Do you think if Hizbollah had the same armaments as the IDF we would be sitting discussing this issue right now?
No one supports killing innocent civillians, but if you must do so to protect your own fromm beiing killed by all means go ahead! That is something Nigerians can never understand because their own government is not even bothered about its own citizens!

No one accuses you of supportiing Hizbollah, the question is why is everyone rivetted on the "Isreali response" and not on the initial aggressors? Why is everyone worried about lebanese civilians and ambivalent about Isrealis living in bunkers?

Next time please do yourself a favor by attacking issues and not personalities, that is a classic symptom of inferiority complex. I cant be bothered with "practising christians" like you and what you think about me. BTW i seriouslu doubt you're christian because all those i know have "pray for ISreal" on their lips right now.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Afam(m): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2006
Davidylan,

Keep changing the goal post.

For starters, I never would want to be where you are today or even in the next hundred years.

So you know how importatnt it is to focus on issues and not personalities? Wonders shall never end.

Doubt if I am christain, I care less what you think because going by your statements I am not even sure you know what to believe.

You are interested in the explanation or justification for taking innocent lives, I am not.

It is bad for any innocent person to die for what he or she does not hand a hand in.

If you agree that the killing of innocent ones is bad, what then have you been arguing all along?

The world agrees and have made their positions clear that Israel is using disproportionate force, in other words, killing over 600 people majority of them civilians in response to the Hezbollah attack where some Israelis were killed and 2 soldiers kidnapped is just not right. Only Israel, US and I think one other country thinks otherwise.

As for every christain praying for Israel right now, I am not blinded by such blanket commendation of heinous crimes against innocent ones by Israel to overlook the excesses we are witnessing today.

Learn to call a spade by its real name and it will be well with you.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2006
cheesy goal post ke?

Afam, do you think anyone is interested in carrying on a meaningless argument with you? You definitely dont have a real stand and you just keep moving from place to place.

I absolutely know what i believe in, i know where i stand on this issue, i am not one of the many "innocent civillians are dying" hypocrites like you!

1. The issue is not about "innocent civilians", the issue is about lasting peace in the middle east!!!! That is why the western countries are reluctant to call for an immediate ceasefire, they have done it 6 yrs before. It did not work!

2. You still have not told us what "disproportionate force" means! Is the IDF supposed to sit back in Isreal and;
a. Launch rockets at heavily populated city centres in Beirut?
b. Start sending sucicide bombers into lebanon and Gaza?
c. Carry out unprovoked raids into Lebanon to kill and kidnap lebanese soldiers?

And still talking about disproportionate force, what do you think of the killing of 3000 innocent americans on 911? So if the US were to retaliate, she too should hijack airplanes and go crash them into the mountains of afghanistan?

You my friend has no case!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by coolmanlg: 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2006
A quick one to everyone here. Is anyone here very sure that it was arabs terrorists that bombed the W.T.C. on sept. 11?

According to credible sources (www.physics911.net), there is more to what the main stream media(cnn et al) are feeding the public, and before u say anything, pls. visit the site, read what they are saying, think about it before u condem. Like I have said before, we can always benefit from a little research and critical analysis of issues instead of pure sentiments.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2006
coolmanlg:

A quick one to everyone here. Is anyone here very sure that it was arabs terrorists that bombed the W.T.C. on sept. 11?

According to credible sources (www.physics911.net), there is more to what the main stream media(cnn et al) are feeding the public, and before u say anything, please. visit the site, read what they are saying, think about it before u condem. Like I have said before, we can always benefit from a little research and critical analysis of issues instead of pure sentiments.

Please CONFIRM you stories before posting. Al queada has not only claimed responsibility for the attacks, they recently released videos of the planning of the attacks. Moussaoui, one of the chief planners, was recently jailed in the USA for the attacks! Why do you think the US is still hunting Osama?

Links:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/world/2001/war_on_terror/investigation_on_terror/default.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/americas/2001/day_of_terror/the_four_hijacks/flight_11.stm
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by coolmanlg: 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2006
Hezbolla came about as a result of Israel´s occupation of part of south Lebanon in 1980.

¨"It isn't just the fact that Israel continues to hold onto and build settlements in Shebaa Farms, the Golan Heights and the West Bank that bothers one—Israel justifies its presence in these areas by playing the security card—but the fact that in the eyes of the world's only superpower (the United States), Israel must be allowed to do whatever it wants" chippla..com
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by coolmanlg: 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2006
My man, pls. don´t forget that videos can be doctored! Read those articles before u respond, I already said that before. I have seen and read the same stuffs that u have read. Why don´t u just read before u jumb at the keyboard.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2006
Afam:

@Mariory,

In your lifetime there is just one thing you will not be capable of doing - rising above religious bigotry.

The death of anyone should not bring smiles to anyone's face, maybe it does to you but it is understandable.

Fundamentalist? I knew that would be your conclusion because anyone that does not agree to your hate idealogy becomes a pro Hamas or pro Hezbollah.

FYI, I am a practicing christian, not the type you may claim to be because we do see people everyday that dine with the devil at night only to claim christianity in the morning.

You are now displaying how much of a slowpoke you are. You were the one that that called me a bigot becos I am against Hezbolla. I also noticed you resorted to calling me that when you conviently ignored the fact that it is Hezbolla that are stationing and firing their weapons from civilian areas. So saying this,
Afam:

now only makes you look like a dumbass which it appears isin't hard for you to achieve.

Talking about bigots, was it not the president of Iran; the country which founded, arms, and financially supports Hezbolla to the tune of tens of millions of dollars per month, that said Isreal should be wiped of the face of the earth.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2006
coolmanlg:

Hezbolla came about as a result of Israel´s occupation of part of south Lebanon in 1980.

¨"It isn't just the fact that Israel continues to hold onto and build settlements in Shebaa Farms, the Golan Heights and the West Bank that bothers one—Israel justifies its presence in these areas by playing the security card—but the fact that in the eyes of the world's only superpower (the United States), Israel must be allowed to do whatever it wants" chippla..com

The real issue here is not about Isreal's "illegal" ocupation of land that historically belonged to it. The issue is that she is surrounded by neighbors whose sole aim is not to drive her out of her land but to completely wipe out the Jewish people from the face of the earth. Anti-semitism did not originate in 1948, it has been in on ever since. Obviously the quran which actively encourages the murder and anihilation of the jews was not written in 1949!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2006
coolmanlg:

My man, please. don´t forget that videos can be doctored! Read those articles before u respond, I already said that before. I have seen and read the same stuffs that u have read. Why don´t u just read before u jumb at the keyboard.

Wait! Where art thou coming from? Read that stuff you passed to me in the name of "credible source"? Did you read the BBC links i sent to you before jumping at your own keyboard? What of the names of the Arabs that flew the two aircraft into the twin towers? Do those name sound non-arab to you?
Videos can be doctored, apparently! And so can so many other "credible sources" be doctored!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by coolmanlg: 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2006
That is the genesis of the who crisies man.

"The creation of a state for the Jewish people in Palestine was bound to create problems. Furthermore, the manner in which non-Jewish (predominantly Arab) Palestinians were massacred and driven from the land they had called home for centuries went against the very principles required by the Balfour Declaration. Earlier propositions had included creating a homeland for the Jews in East Africa, which by the beginning of the 20th century was governed by the British Crown. This proposal was rejected by the Zionists." chippla..com
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 4:51pm On Aug 03, 2006
coolmanlg:

It was America that broked the cease fire between Israel and Egypt. It was also Israel that helped the Kingdom of Jordan expel syrian tanks from it's territory when Jordan was trying to expel the PLO. A lot of people try to paint Israel as aggressors, racists etc. Israel is constantly having to react to aggression against it. It usually gains the upper hand in confrontations with those that want to see it wiped out. that is why misguided people see it as an oppressor.

Where was the UN when for 6 years Israel complained to the security council about Hezbolla rockets?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Afam(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2006
Davidylan,

And the Western nations that are against cease fire are? Name them if you have the guts. Name the countries that have objected to the ceasefire.

It seems you don't have a mind of your own, you swallow anything you hear from CNN.

Coolmanlg has posted an article but instead of you to read and digest you start displaying your ignorance yet again.

So, they released videos of the planning of the attack on 911? Na wah, and the locations on the videos are, ? Iraq, Saudi Arabia, US? My friend stop wasting the energy that God gave to you.

I am sure if Bush annouced that Hitler is still alive you will swallow it and defend it like you are busy defending statements that are hollow.

Have you wondered why no single jew was at the WTC on 911 even when a lot of them worked there? Who am I kidding? Asking you such a question will amount to waiting for water to naturally go uphill.

Please, learn to your use brain to critically analyse issue before commenting on them.

So that is why the US is after Osama, where is Osama today? Alive or dead? So, after 5 solid years Osama could not be dealt with but countless number of lives have been wasted and are still being wasted all in the name of fighting terrorism.

I would have raised a lot of issues but when I remember you won't understand it does not make sense.

@Mariory,

The issue is not Iran, you may choose to clutch at anything to hang on to your warped sense of judgement but it won't help as you desperately trying to bring in any parameter you can lay your hands on to make a single valid point in a straightforward issue.

Lies often require many lies to keep them alive but truth comes like a solid rock and does not need so many supporters for it to stand.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by coolmanlg: 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2006
"Pax Americana - guaranteeing Israel's military might. But eventually, Israel would have to make huge concessions to ensure that it survives as a nation.

The State of Israel may win its battles today but the wars in which it is currently engaged would likely last for decades, if not centuries to come. Israel, created in 1948, is a tiny Jewish state surrounded by a mass of Arab nations, which are predominantly Islamic. When a country is referred to as being an Arab nation, such reference more often than not relates to the dominant culture, language or ethnic group in such nation. Thus, though Iraq may be viewed as an Arab nation, it does contain Assyrian and Chaldean minorities, among others. A significant number of these minorities happen to hold onto faiths that are very different from Sunni and Shiite Islam practiced by the Arab majority.

Going by this argument, Israel is indeed a Jewish state despite having a tiny Arab minority. The Netherlands is a Dutch kingdom, despite the presence of an often vocal Frisian minority. Iran is a Persian theo-democracy, though one is likely to find sizeable numbers of Arabs and Kurds who call themselves Iranians. And the United States is, well, America—a potpourri of cultures and ethnicities bound together by the belief in freedom and the principles enshrined in their constitution. These principles, though secular in nature, have as their foundation Judeo-Christian thoughts and ideas.

When the Balfour Declaration of 1917 made it clear that the government of the United Kingdom (at that time, one of the world's superpowers) was in "favor [of] the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people", little could the world have known what dangerous precedent was being set. And though the declaration called for a respect of the "civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine", little of that was taken into account when Israel was created in 1948. Thanks to the Nazi government of Adolf Hitler, a great sense of urgency was put into granting the Jews a homeland after the Second World War--a war which saw millions of Jews and other minority groups gassed to death by the Third Reich as part of its Final Solution.

The creation of a state for the Jewish people in Palestine was bound to create problems. Furthermore, the manner in which non-Jewish (predominantly Arab) Palestinians were massacred and driven from the land they had called home for centuries went against the very principles required by the Balfour Declaration. Earlier propositions had included creating a homeland for the Jews in East Africa, which by the beginning of the 20th century was governed by the British Crown. This proposal was rejected by the Zionists.

Today, conventional wisdom dictates that the State of Israel has come to stay (going by the principles of International Law). But a question which begs to be answered is "for how long?" The continued existence of Israel as a strong entity is undoubtedly linked to the superpower status of the United States. As American global military hegemony declines, so would Israel's ability to defend itself not only from militant groups like Hezbollah and Hamas but also from "hostile" governments like those of Iran and Syria, who would like to see Arab Palestinians return back to what was once Palestine.

Looking at the current war between Israel and Hezbollah, one sees desperation. Desperation on the part of the Israeli government about how on earth it could secure its border against external aggression. Like any other government across the globe, the government of the State of Israel has a right to protect its citizens. However, if the government of Israel believes that by using its American-guaranteed military might to bomb Lebanon back it time, it would put an end to Hezbollah's military presence in southern Lebanon, then it must be deluded.

I am no military strategist but I do know that the government of Israel is amazed by the degree of resistance put up by Hezbollah in southern Lebanon. And I find it interesting that Israel would like to see Hezbollah abide by the United Nations resolution which calls for it to be disarmed. I find it interesting because if there is one nation that is guilty of disobeying United Nations resolutions, it is the State of Israel (leaving out North Korea). Why is Israel now putting its faith in a system it has chosen to ignore countless number of times in the past?

It isn't just the fact that Israel continues to hold onto and build settlements in Shebaa Farms, the Golan Heights and the West Bank that bothers one—Israel justifies its presence in these areas by playing the security card—but the fact that in the eyes of the world's only superpower (the United States), Israel must be allowed to do whatever it wants. Indeed, the powerful Jewish lobby continues to ensure that no man or woman can rule the United States without doing so under the Star of David. Condoleezza Rice, the United States Secretary of State (Foreign Minister), appears so inept at dealing with the situation that one begins to clearly understand why Colin Powell refused to serve in the second Bush administration.

The greatest fear I have for Israel isn't that it might lose its military dominance someday. As long as the United States continues to provide aid and military arsenal to the "only democracy in the Middle East", Israel will continue to maintain the most powerful military in the region. However, there is one thing which the United State cannot do for Israel—it cannot teach Israel how win the game of demographics. In the past, the State of Israel expanded its population by encouraging Jews from all over the world to emigrate there. And though Palestinian women have on average more babies than women in Israel (who currently hover just above the 2.1 babies replacement level, according to some studies), it would take decades for the population of Palestine to approach that of Israel.

However, with higher Arab fertility in comparison to Jewish fertility, one could be certain of a few things. Primary among these is the fact that Israel would find itself sandwiched between an increasing mass of Arab neighbors. And if history is anything to go by, as American power decreases, so would Israel's. If there ever was a time for Israel to make peace with its neighbors, this is it. The ability of the United States to influence events in the Middle East is declining, thanks in no small part to high oil prices. Israel may possess superior American military arsenal today, but that will not guarantee the safety of its children yet unborn. In this age of documented history, Israel may find itself paying a price it least expected a few decades from now.

Human history on earth has been about conquest and the most successful conquerors aren't necessarily nations with superior military technology (several nations end up achieving such technological breakthroughs), but those with relatively large and skilled manpower. Israeli conquest may seem fascinating today, but a few decades from now, the results of these conquests could be its nightmare. Except in the eyes of the United States and its European colony (i.e., the United Kingdom), the State of Israel is gradually becoming an outcast." source: chippla..com
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2006
coolmanlg:

That is the genesis of the who crisies man.

"The creation of a state for the Jewish people in Palestine was bound to create problems. Furthermore, the manner in which non-Jewish (predominantly Arab) Palestinians were massacred and driven from the land they had called home for centuries went against the very principles required by the Balfour Declaration. Earlier propositions had included creating a homeland for the Jews in East Africa, which by the beginning of the 20th century was governed by the British Crown. This proposal was rejected by the Zionists." chippla..com

It is apparent you are just a biased and misguided fellow who has to rely on the misguided writings of others to justify your stance. The genesis of anti-semitism did not start in 1948! The creation of the Jewish state only served to further inflame already murderous passions by Arab moslems whose quran promises them 72 virgins and rivers flowing with liquor if they can exterminate the jews. Arabs had been killing jews well before 1948! It is only myopic individuals who see the genesis of the middle east crisis as the 1948 creation of the state of Isreal. Pray! Even the quran records that land as having belonged to the jews well before Christ! Or which other people where living in Nazareth, Jerusalem, Hebron and Bethlehem centuries before Christ? Certainly not the palestinians!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by coolmanlg: 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2006
Just like the US went into Iraq under false pretext, they want to Iran that way as well. Going by the lack of knowledge here, am sure lots of people here believed it when the US and UK came up with the dossier on Iraq. Its the same thing here!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2006
@ Afam,

i am shocked someone like you still has access to the internet and is still as misguided as you are now. Try and google please at worst!

Back to your issues, let me tackle them from here:
1. You accuse Mariory of bringing in Iran into this crisis? That alone exposes your ignorance! Hizbollah was founded and is still being supported by Iran. The first missile that hit the Isreali naval vessel 2 weeks ago was an iranian rocket. The long range rockets possessed by Hiz. were Iranian made Quassam rockets. The first thing Isreal did (and probable their wisest) was to cordone of Lebanon by land, air and sea to prevent them from getting more army supplies from Iran and Syria. Read or listen!!! CNN is not as hypocritical as people like you! At least many of us get to watch countless number of news stations beyond CNN, its people like you who think CNN is the only news organisation in the world!

2. Coolmanlg posted an article. Yes! Well that is all he has done so far, cut and paste articles with no well articulated point of his own. And do you also classify that his website as "credible source"? I posted some BBC links, you both will do well to read them and stop spewing forth gibberish!

3. The western nations not agreeing to a ceasefire? Ignorant pest! USA, Britain, France, Germany are a few of the nations that are opposed to an immediate cease fire and have refused to be a part of any multinational peace keeping force. Obviously the USA and France still remember the loss of 240 peacekeeping troops in Beirut in 1983 at the hands of hizbollah!

4. Of course what points are you likely to raise again? That articulated by NTA news and Guardian newspapers?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2006
@ Afam,
its people like you that are still making me read this thread. If not I would have left cos the people that are in support of Israel destroying Lebanon (or as they say defending themselves) are obviously not going to see any other view.

some say all the arab or muslim countries surrounding Israel do not want peace with Israel. And yet I wonder why they are not attacking Israel right now. And also since some people just generalize this arabs or muslims as people that are suicide  bombers you would think these countries should not care about their lives as long as all of Israel is destroyed  

It would be nice if the law of physics (for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction) could be applied to all parts of life, esp. this case. Then there will never be peace as there are so many reactions yet to be accomplished.

ONCE AGAIN SUPPORTERS OF ISRAEL GET IT RIGHT THE PEOPLE NOT IN SUPPORT OF ISRAEL DO SO BECAUSE TOO MANY INNOCENT LIVES ARE BEING LOST AND YET 3 WEEKS AFTER HEZBOLLAH IS STILL STANDING.

and then again some of you argue that its war and there have to be casualties. WAR? I dont think Lebanon woke up planning to go to war with Israel.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by coolmanlg: 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2006
You got it VERY WRONG man. There is no such thing in the Koran. Am sure u have not even read the Koran. Why don´t pause a little and read and expand your knwoledge?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (53) (Reply)

Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People / Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order / Kenyan Man Twists His Body To Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.