Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911214 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by croxx86: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Engine vibration can be caused by erratic or low RPM, engine misfire, or in our Nigerian situation substandard engine mounts that are too siff and sometimes even brittle.

The vibration is more when the RPM drops to 0.9 RPM
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jaz(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
hello house, i have an issue with the radiator of my 2008 outlander. though the radiator is fine, one of the plastics hinging the radiator to the body of the vehicle is leaking water and i'm trying to fix or replace it.

my mechanic says the radiator is hard find and suggests i import it. i rather think he is looking for an easy route.

can the plastic be replaced or glued or something ? please see a picture of the plastic (black colour)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
jaz:
hello house, i have an issue with the radiator of my 2008 outlander. though the radiator is fine, one of the plastics hinging the radiator to the body of the vehicle is leaking water and i'm trying to fix or replace it.

my mechanic says the radiator is hard find and suggests i import it. i rather think he is looking for an easy route.

can the plastic be replaced or glued or something ? please see a picture of the plastic (black colour)

Take out time and take a trip to the market, you will find your radiator.

Do not try glue it will give way after a while.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
@Gazzuzz can you help me explain?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Readonee35L(m): 10:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmaak2(m): 7:59am On Oct 13, 2015
Goodmrng sir ,am driving a camry droplight and this are the things i notice of recent....My radiator and my coolant will be empty even filling it to the brim in the morng and sumtym ago i glued my radiator dat rubber part due to the shortage of water on it it usually cause overheating then anoda issue is when the AC IS on the fan belt will mak sum noise and the car will be dragging but when off it moves smoothly,then of recent ma back tyre had a prob and i change it thou all ma tyres r 15rims,205/65 but the 1 i change at the back of the driver's side was 195/65 and of recent i notice the car will be dropping to 1side i.e the side i change the tyre,makin driving difficult basically am in Akwa ibom
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Oct 13, 2015
emmaak2:
Goodmrng sir ,am driving a camry droplight and this are the things i notice of recent....My radiator and my coolant will be empty even filling it to the brim in the morng and sumtym ago i glued my radiator dat rubber part due to the shortage of water on it it usually cause overheating then anoda issue is when the AC IS on the fan belt will mak sum noise and the car will be dragging but when off it moves smoothly,then of recent ma back tyre had a prob and i change it thou all ma tyres r 15rims,205/65 but the 1 i change at the back of the driver's side was 195/65 and of recent i notice the car will be dropping to 1side i.e the side i change the tyre,makin driving difficult basically am in Akwa ibom

You will require a lecture on vehicle abuse. Unfortunately I do not have the time now.

Sultan,kingreign,oseri,ikenna351...... please this man needs a lecture.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmaak2(m): 10:00am On Oct 13, 2015
PLEASE LECTURE ME
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 10:43am On Oct 13, 2015
@Gazzuzz sorry if I'm actually disturbing u. I had written to you on what I found an you directed me to post it to this thread and I did. So I was just actually reminding you.
The switch was found in my fuse area on the drivers side. When I flick it from 'off' to 'on' the headlamp will flick on and off twice.
E neva reach Alfa consultation
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by steveyen(m): 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hi house,

I have this Nissan maxima 04. Recently I started noticing some strange things.

1. On most days when I start the car the oil pressure sign on the dashboard will not go off until I engage the gear to drive to move the car.

2. The same oil pressure sign intermittently come on and off esp when I am slowing down, applying brake or when d car motion is not so fast.

I checked the oil level okay.

I scanned the car and got the following codes

P1168, P0340, P0037, P0021 and P1051

The car still drives around but I am afraid the engine might be in danger.

KINDLY help me out on what I can do or what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance.

Oga Gazzuz pls if you can drop in a word after Ifa consultation grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19am On Oct 23, 2015
steveyen:
Hi house,

I have this Nissan maxima 04. Recently I started noticing some strange things.

1. On most days when I start the car the oil pressure sign on the dashboard will not go off until I engage the gear to drive to move the car.

2. The same oil pressure sign intermittently come on and off esp when I am slowing down, applying brake or when d car motion is not so fast.

I checked the oil level okay.

I scanned the car and got the following codes

P1168, P0340, P0037, P0021 and P1051

The car still drives around but I am afraid the engine might be in danger.

KINDLY help me out on what I can do or what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance.

Oga Gazzuz pls if you can drop in a word after Ifa consultation grin

You are getting low oil pressure warning signs.

Start by changing oil filter.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oseiwe(m): 9:47am On Oct 23, 2015
Hi house,

My toyota corolla 2003 model gives me issues every morning and after it has been idle for hours. It doesnt sound well and shuts down once i engage the gear to D. Plugs has been changed and nozzle has been cleaned, but same issue. My mech is sayin smtin abt throttle stuff/fuel pump. I nw make sure i park d car facing d road evry nite so dat immediately i engage drive, i just throttle away.
Wat could be d solution to d problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:27am On Oct 24, 2015
oseiwe:
Hi house,

My toyota corolla 2003 model gives me issues every morning and after it has been idle for hours. It doesnt sound well and shuts down once i engage the gear to D. Plugs has been changed and nozzle has been cleaned, but same issue. My mech is sayin smtin abt throttle stuff/fuel pump. I nw make sure i park d car facing d road evry nite so dat immediately i engage drive, i just throttle away.
Wat could be d solution to d problem?

Idle problems, could be a misfire or a faulty or dirty idle speed sensor. First start by cleaning the idle speed valve (will post pics later) if it does not work scan the vehicle for errors.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmaak2(m): 5:59am On Oct 24, 2015
Gazuzz..ma ish u dnt care 2 help me out
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 10:40am On Oct 24, 2015
General Gazz, I hail. I am a DIY enthusiast . Am thinking of going basic repairs/training with you. What's your take on this? I need a repair manual for Honda accord 03 to 07 dnt know if u can assist in this Regards. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2015
seunoj:
General Gazz, I hail. I am a DIY enthusiast . Am thinking of going basic repairs/training with you. What's your take on this? I need a repair manual for Honda accord 03 to 07 dnt know if u can assist in this Regards. Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azat: 6:29am On Oct 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Idle problems, could be a misfire or a faulty or dirty idle speed sensor. First start by cleaning the idle speed valve (will post pics later) if it does not work scan the vehicle for errors.
Boss, I fit get "Airfuel ratio sensor" from your end for my 99 Accord, ULEV?

I heard for ulev, its not any sensor that works.

Am in onitsha.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57am On Oct 25, 2015
azat:
Boss, I fit get "Airfuel ratio sensor" from your end for my 99 Accord, ULEV?

I heard for ulev, its not any sensor that works.

Am in onitsha.

Check your part number and send.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azat: 8:05am On Oct 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Yes sir cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by femicousim: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2015
ukata16:
@Gazzuzz sorry if I'm actually disturbing u. I had written to you on what I found an you directed me to post it to this thread and I did. So I was just actually reminding you.
The switch was found in my fuse area on the drivers side. When I flick it from 'off' to 'on' the headlamp will flick on and off twice.

that switch looks like some after-market anti-theft, demobilizer switch i guess
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2015
ukata16:

I have no idea what that switch is, it is aftermarket.

P.s check under the car for a pack of C4 grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I have no idea what that switch is, it is aftermarket.

P.s check under the car for a pack of C4 grin
Hahahahahaha....
Atleast you'v responded to me... grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azat: 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Boss, see the number on it, written as

DU1
DENSO
192400-1000
12T1741

around it again, another number "100" was written.

Abeg help me o
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by teammy(m): 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
Good day Gazzuzz, kudos to you for all jobs well done. Pls I need your professional advice as regard sienna 99 issues am encountering :- (1) it consume fuel excessively
(2) at times it drags on motion in which it won't shift while feet on accelerator pedal, after like 10 sec or there about, it will shift to high speed,worst scenario it won't move unless to OFF IGNITION and ON again also any time I ON the AC, this issue will surely occur
(3) leakage on the power steering pump hose, (3rd one just got damaged)

WHAT HAS BEEN DONE AS REGARD ITEM 1&2 (3 DIFF.REWIRE)
Knock sensor changed
Air flow meter replaced
Spark plugs replaced
Smoke sensor
Fuel pump ( only the pump)
Was told to replace the coils and also the air flow meter again

Results of scan done by my self
P1150-A/F sensor circuit range / performance Malfunction
P1155-A/F sensor heater circuit Malfunction
Pls, come to my rescue, tire of all this try n errors... abeg oooo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
azat:
Boss, see the number on it, written as

DU1
DENSO
192400-1000
12T1741

around it again, another number "100" was written.

Abeg help me o

I'll check and see what is applicable.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
teammy:
Good day Gazzuzz, kudos to you for all jobs well done. Pls I need your professional advice as regard sienna 99 issues am encountering :- (1) it consume fuel excessively
(2) at times it drags on motion in which it won't shift while feet on accelerator pedal, after like 10 sec or there about, it will shift to high speed,worst scenario it won't move unless to OFF IGNITION and ON again also any time I ON the AC, this issue will surely occur
(3) leakage on the power steering pump hose, (3rd one just got damaged)

WHAT HAS BEEN DONE AS REGARD ITEM 1&2 (3 DIFF.REWIRE)
Knock sensor changed
Air flow meter replaced
Spark plugs replaced
Smoke sensor
Fuel pump ( only the pump)
Was told to replace the coils and also the air flow meter again

Results of scan done by my self
P1150-A/F sensor circuit range / performance Malfunction
P1155-A/F sensor heater circuit Malfunction
Pls, come to my rescue, tire of all this try n errors... abeg oooo

Please rescan vehicle.

If in lagos come for a FREE SCAN AND DIAGNOSIS expires 1st dec 2015
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by teammy(m): 7:21pm On Oct 27, 2015
Vehicle @ Abeokuta, will try to bring it. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azat: 7:03am On Oct 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I'll check and see what is applicable.

Ok sir. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jesussaves22: 7:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Cresting your car number on the body of the car does it have any little effect from preventing car theft ie car snatching?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by colossus2: 8:23am On Oct 28, 2015
jesussaves22:
Cresting your car number on the body of the car does it have any little effect from preventing car theft ie car snatching?
It prevents nothing.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2015
jesussaves22:

Car snatchers don't care about such etchings. All they care about is breaking, entry, and escape.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.