Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914632 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ozee1kinobi: 9:08am On Dec 02, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Now open expansion tank and let me see if the straw from cover is installed properly.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
@Gazzuzz good afternoon.
Please my honda accord 1998 gives a loud sound from the rear left wheel when I'm pulling of in the morning(3 days in a roll). Today it actually ceased(binding) before it loosened as I tried to move on.
Pls what can be the issue so I will Know how to direct my mechanic.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
ukata16:
@Gazzuzz good afternoon.
Please my honda accord 1998 gives a loud sound from the rear left wheel when I'm pulling of in the morning(3 days in a roll). Today it actually ceased(binding) before it loosened as I tried to move on.
Pls what can be the issue so I will Know how to direct my mechanic.
Thanks

Caliper pins might be rusted.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Caliper pins might be rusted.
Thanks Boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KUNZEEL01: 7:51am On Dec 06, 2015
Pls help, I use honda pilot 06. when driving the "D-Drive" blinks continuously. i was told to put off the car and restart, when this is done it will stop for some hours and start blinking again. this started last week. what,how,where can this be fixed. i hope its not something serious.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:40am On Dec 12, 2015
gazuzz please I have a knock sensor code on my big daddy, I also hear a kind of tick tick noise, from the engine 2ticks per second. what do I do
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:55am On Dec 13, 2015
obekediamondfuto:
gazuzz please I have a knock sensor code on my big daddy, I also hear a kind of tick tick noise, from the engine 2ticks per second. what do I do

Replace the knock sensor and sound will go.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ozee1kinobi: 8:29am On Dec 13, 2015
ozee1kinobi:

Good morning Gazzuzz. Still having the issue. Sorry for the late status update, i have been away. Any comments on the straw underneath the expansion tank? I ran a single tube from the radiator to the expansion tank and same thing happened. Can i bring it to your workshop today? Thank you.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2015
ozee1kinobi:

Good morning Gazzuzz. Still having the issue. Sorry for the late status update, i have been away. Any comments on the straw underneath the expansion tank? I ran a single tube from the radiator to the expansion tank and same thing happened. Can i bring it to your workshop today? Thank you.

There's a pressure leak. Try a new cap
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ozee1kinobi: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

There's a pressure leak. Try a new cap

Thank you Gazzuzz for the advice. Will update you on the result

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
gazuzz please, in addition to the knock sensor codes, some others popped up. p0325 p1346 p1135 p0141 please advice. gear gets stuck in 3rd gear more often than usual. please can anyone refer me to a good mechanic in owerri. please and please. I have spent a lot of money to solve this issue here in owerri. they all seem to be the same. no knowledge whatsoever. please it's urgent.. I'm skeptical of travelling long distances cos of the 3rd gear lockup
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by writemeshyahoo: 11:17am On Dec 15, 2015
Oga Gazzuzz, pls how reliable are Chevrolet cars especially 2002 Tahoe. Also are they economical fuel wise. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Irwindickson(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
Oga gazzuzz, pls whats the cause of vibration BTW 20mph and 40mph when on 3rd gear on a Honda pilot 2004, vibration stops when accelerated or brake pedal pressed. A gearbox mech suggest gear switches/change of fluid
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
writemeshyahoo:
Oga Gazzuzz, pls how reliable are Chevrolet cars especially 2002 Tahoe. Also are they economical fuel wise. Thanks.

Extremely reliable cars. No parts in the Nigerian market. If you are good at ordering parts online then you have no problems.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 8:54am On Dec 16, 2015
@Gazzuzz good morning,
I noticed my brake fluid at the reservoir was low, I topped it and this morning it was below 'MIN'.
I checked for leaks around the engine area and the wheels(the much I can) but no leak.
Can you suggest what I should do.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42am On Dec 16, 2015
ukata16:
@Gazzuzz good morning,
I noticed my brake fluid at the reservoir was low, I topped it and this morning it was below 'MIN'.
I checked for leaks around the engine area and the wheels(the much I can) but no leak.
Can you suggest what I should do.
Thanks

Checked brake pads? Fluid should never be topped unless there's a leak , it's a closed system, when the brake pads are worn, fluid will go down.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Checked brake pads? Fluid should never be topped unless there's a leak , it's a closed system, when the brake pads are worn, fluid will go down.
Ok boss. I just changed the pads 2 months ago.
But atleast I know where to start looking
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
gazuzz please answer me Biko
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57am On Dec 17, 2015
obekediamondfuto:
gazuzz please, in addition to the knock sensor codes, some others popped up. p0325 p1346 p1135 p0141 please advice. gear gets stuck in 3rd gear more often than usual. please can anyone refer me to a good mechanic in owerri. please and please. I have spent a lot of money to solve this issue here in owerri. they all seem to be the same. no knowledge whatsoever. please it's urgent.. I'm skeptical of travelling long distances cos of the 3rd gear lockup

Owerri
Decotech Autolabs. 08030938491
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
Please @Gazzuzz Et al what's this part called.
It was removed from my rear wheel cos it's leaking seriously.
My mechanic said I have to get a tokunbo cos they don't sell th new one.
Please help out.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2015
ukata16:
Please @Gazzuzz Et al what's this part called.
It was removed from my rear wheel cos it's leaking seriously.
My mechanic said I have to get a tokunbo cos they don't sell th new one.
Please help out.
The name is brake cylinder, don't tell your spare part dealer tho, tell him back port for "Keke napep" grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Irwindickson(m): 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
Oga gazzuzz, pls whats the cause of vibration BTW 20mph and 40mph when on 3rd gear on a Honda pilot 2004, vibration stops when accelerated or brake pedal pressed. A gearbox mech suggest gear switches/change of fluid[/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
Irwindickson:
Oga gazzuzz, pls whats the cause of vibration BTW 20mph and 40mph when on 3rd gear on a Honda pilot 2004, vibration stops when accelerated or brake pedal pressed. A gearbox mech suggest gear switches/change of fluid

Sorry description of the problem is very vague, can't help, test drive required. If in lagos come for a free diagnosis of the problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
Master Gazzuzz, I hail o. Pls my Honda accord 05 4 plug engine sometime rev as high as 2000rpm. Attimes, it fluctuates btw 800 and 2000rpm continuously. However, wat I do presently is to switch off the engine for 1min and switch. The imbalance will stop. Kindly advise of the possible cause and resolution as I know suspect that a part is acting up gradually.
Thanks for ur prompt response
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bitos: 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
Good day chief. I bought my toks Toyota 4runner 2011 SR5 around August and it did about 16mpg (city) on the average then but noticed it dropped to between 12-13mpg (city) in the last one and half month. It's a certified preowned so I decided not to do any servicing when it arrived.

What could have caused the sudden drop and what can be done to improve it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2015
seunoj:
Master Gazzuzz, I hail o. Pls my Honda accord 05 4 plug engine sometime rev as high as 2000rpm. Attimes, it fluctuates btw 800 and 2000rpm continuously. However, wat I do presently is to switch off the engine for 1min and switch. The imbalance will stop. Kindly advise of the possible cause and resolution as I know suspect that a part is acting up gradually.
Thanks for ur prompt response

Clean the idle air control valve, possibly dirty and stuck.

Show this pic to your mechanic, he or she grin should know what to do

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY-rMo14BoBEKWSyetDLCx2pYjFQab1gTxzQbAZVd9AC2NlCWV[/img]

Abeg no allow them block am with pure water bag angry

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Clean the idle air control valve, possibly dirty and stuck.

Show this pic to your mechanic, he or she grin should know what to do

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY-rMo14BoBEKWSyetDLCx2pYjFQab1gTxzQbAZVd9AC2NlCWV[/img]

Abeg no allow them block am with pure water bag angry

Tnx boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizibi(m): 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
@gazzuzz,are you in abj?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Bizibi:
@gazzuzz,are you in abj?

Gazzuzz mike is in abj 08111433883

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rainmaker12(m): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
gazzuz please drop ur email address, need to send a car to u.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
rainmaker12:
gazzuz please drop ur email address, need to send a car to u.

Why I go drop email address for car gift? angry my house address is.........

08033910382 whatsapp

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: lyort and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.