Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:49 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (970803 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2015
jesussaves22:
Cresting your car number on the body of the car does it have any little effect from preventing car theft ie car snatching?

It does!!

Car and it's parts are harder to sell, every one knows it's hot.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
seunoj:
General Gazz, I hail. I am a DIY enthusiast . Am thinking of going basic repairs/training with you. What's your take on this? I need a repair manual for Honda accord 03 to 07 dnt know if u can assist in this Regards. Thanks

I have the 03-07 honda accord service manual but its just too heavy to upload and i cant recall the site i got it from. Its almost 400mb pdf file.

I suggest you google it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Marpol: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2015
adanny01:

I have the 03-07 honda accord service manual but its just too heavy to upload and i cant recall the site i got it from. Its almost 400mb pdf file.

I suggest you google it.

www.justgivemethedamnmanual.com
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2015
Marpol:

www.justgivemethedamnmanual.com

I just checked, these are owners manual. I guess seunoj requires a service manual which i said i have but cant upload for him since its quite much. Its 7372 pages and 390mb.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Marpol: 8:34am On Oct 29, 2015
adanny01:

I just checked, these are owners manual. I guess seunoj requires a service manual i said i have but cant upload for him since its quite much. Its over 2k pages.

Ouch! He can buy off eBay or Amazon and ship to Nigeria.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oseiwe(m): 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Idle problems, could be a misfire or a faulty or dirty idle speed sensor. First start by cleaning the idle speed valve (will post pics later) if it does not work scan the vehicle for errors.
D mechanic has changed plugs and cleaned a nozzle, nw he says it d throttle body.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by prof2015(m): 10:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
Engr gazzuzz I am about to buy my first car and I need pointers on the routine maintenance i need to carry out on the vehicle. It's a Nissan almera hatch back
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:33am On Oct 30, 2015
prof2015:
Engr gazzuzz I am about to buy my first car and I need pointers on the routine maintenance i need to carry out on the vehicle. It's a Nissan almera hatch back

Download the vehicle maintenance manual and read first.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
Oskilala:
Hi gazuzz, pls i need your assitance my steering feels hard when i steer to the right, and soft when steering to the left, what could be the cause, the steering pump has being changed, but still very hard if steer to the right...its a toyota highlander.

Replace Steering rack.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by San2ski(m): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Bro please what should I do

I changed my engine. A 98 Elantra (Avante) last month end. Now the Rev pic is erratic. Sometimes it goes up like it is revving itself, sometimes it stays normal. This causes some lurching movements at times.
Please what could be the cause
Nb: when I finished with the change and complained to the mechanic about the gear taking some time to enter reverse directly (unless I put it to drive first) he said it should not bother me. That I should take it to the express and the wahala will stop over time. the gear wahala stopped. And the uneven movement evened out too until last week when my alternator stopped working, and when I changed it, the engine will be going high at will, and there was this movement like the thing is changing gears on its own will while driving sometimes
Please your advice will be very welcome.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
San2ski:
Bro please what should I do

I changed my engine. A 98 Elantra (Avante) last month end. Now the Rev pic is erratic. Sometimes it goes up like it is revving itself, sometimes it stays normal. This causes some lurching movements at times.
Please what could be the cause
Nb: when I finished with the change and complained to the mechanic about the gear taking some time to enter reverse directly (unless I put it to drive first) he said it should not bother me. That I should take it to the express and the wahala will stop over time. the gear wahala stopped. And the uneven movement evened out too until last week when my alternator stopped working, and when I changed it, the engine will be going high at will, and there was this movement like the thing is changing gears on its own will while driving sometimes
Please your advice will be very welcome.

This one is strong undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by San2ski(m): 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

This one is strong undecided

It is lighter than my grammar
The thing just dey be like the engine dey high itself sometimes.
Forget all those my grammar

(I didn't change the oil o. The one wey dey for the new too good. It is like raw egg yoke)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
San2ski:

It is lighter than my grammar
The thing just dey be like the engine dey high itself sometimes.
Forget all those my grammar

(I didn't change the oil o. The one wey dey for the new too good. It is like raw egg yoke)

And the engine was in storage for how long?

It is advice able you change the oil of a used engine, unless you know how old the oil is, and what was used (mineral,syinthetic semi,palmoil)

Your car has a port please scan and let me know the codes that come up.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by San2ski(m): 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

And the engine was in storage for how long?

It is advice able you change the oil of a used engine, unless you know how old the oil is, and what was used (mineral,syinthetic semi,palmoil)

Your car has a port please scan and let me know the codes that come up.

Will do bro. Thanks

Only that I fear for the charges for the scans here in Enugu. I fear it is so dear (above the repair charge even. I hope I'm wrong)
And the codes too look like "the end of the world". grin
I will get back to you bro. No mind me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Oskilala: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Replace Steering rack.

COOL, will get back to you when done, thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azat: 9:19am On Oct 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I'll check and see what is applicable.

azat:
Boss, see the number on it, written as
DU1
DENSO
192400-1000
12T1741
around it again, another number "100" was written.
Abeg help me o
Boss, any news?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
3ace:
Hi Gazzuzz! This is the 05 corolla man. Walahi, except for condition 3(it's been long I posted here), my car qualifies for this offer considering the fact that it only has cosmetic scratches. But for the fun of it(cos I see this as a game), I would like to see who emerges the winner. By the way, how far have you gone with the repairs particularly the transmission range sensor?

From my actuation tests there was nothing wrong with your range sensor, I re calibrated cable and rechecked on my diagnostic equipment and every thing seemed fine. Seems your DIY is the only problem with the vehicle. It's under observation driving it around to see if it will throw ny codes again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3ace(m): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
3ace:
Oh! Sorry for posting my query there. lol with "my DIY being the problem" here. Admittedly, I'm still a baby DIYer you know-I know that I'll get better with time. From your explanation, the range sensor won't be replaced afterall. No wonder I was able to drive the car for a long time without any noticeable issue. As we agreed, just help me secure it against the stud for safety by way of welding(slight welding enough to hold the range sensor firmly and remove it easily if there's need for replacement in future). I'm sure the rust currently holding them together will eventually give way with time. But one question though, does that mean that the cable was the culprit responsible for the DTC? Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

Update.

Check light came up again.

Scanned and saw the rage sensor code.

Was inquisitive and wondered why.

I put the car in drive and started it, car started!! Reverse car started! Car starts in all gears. Ok I removed the range switch socket and tried to start car, car still started!!

A monkey messed with your wiring, bypassing your range switch, I will find the bypass wire and all will be well.

The range switch tells the engine Ecu what gear it is presently in, but there's a contradiction caused by the wrong wiring, it is telling the Ecu it's in drive and park/neutral at same time, hence the error code.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 18wheeler: 10:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Update.

I put the car in drive and started it, car started!! Reverse car started! Car starts in all gears. Ok I removed the range switch socket and tried to start car, car still started!!

A monkey messed with your wiring, bypassing your range switch, I will find the bypass wire and all will be well.

The range switch tells the engine Ecu what gear it is presently in, but there's a contradiction caused by the wrong wiring, it is telling the Ecu it's in drive and park/neutral at same time, hence the error code.
GAZZUZ you are good. Not just in knowledge, but in character. May you ever excel in all you do. I've benefitted alot from you. Your endeavor is blessed. Cheers!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:07am On Nov 01, 2015
18wheeler:

GAZZUZ you are good. Not just in knowledge, but in character. May you ever excel in all you do. I've benefitted alot from you. Your endeavor is blessed. Cheers!!!

Thanks boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:27am On Nov 01, 2015
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3ace(m): 5:05am On Nov 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Update.

A monkey messed with the wiring, bypassing your range switch, I will find the bypass wire and all will be well.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43am On Nov 01, 2015
3ace:
Morning! Thanks for the update. The criminal act must have been performed by the previous mechanic before purchase as you will be the first engineer to work on the engine/transmission area. I'm shocked they could bypass such an important component leaving the range sensor useless. Now, there are two problems here; the bypassed range sensor and wrong wiring from the cable which you said threw up the code. Assuming the wiring was done correctly with the range sensor still bypassed, would there still be a code? I believe in your competence to restore the factory settings and that was why I refused to consult any mechanic since I discovered the error. You could also help me look at the loosely hanging airbag cable beside the left headlamp. That could be another wicked connection. Well done!

The dangler is the external temp sensor it will be hooked up properly.

The bypass is not done from the range sensor switch, or its harness.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3ace(m): 8:46am On Nov 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

The dangler is the external temp sensor it will be hooked up properly.

The bypass is not done from the range sensor switch, or its harness.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by iphoneloaded(m): 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
OP and Other honda gurus. I have a civic automatic transmission.

What is the best gear to chill inside my car with the AC? Like spend some minutes to an hour with my babe without moving the car?

Parking or Neutral gear?

Regards

Cc @gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drkay(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
drkay:
@GAZZUZZ Pls help! The temperature indicator of my wife's mitsubishi outlander does not rise at
all when I am driving without putting the AC
on, no matter the distance but rises a little bit when the ac is on, like 2 lines. I also noticed that the fuel consumption is extremely high for I4 engine. No smoke, no suspicious sound from the engine. The thermostat has been removed by the previous owner because be bought it as a registered car. The engineer tried to unplug
some connections and the indicator started
rising but not as expected. It rises and falls.
Pls what's the likely solution?

Return the thermostat and all will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3ace(m): 11:31am On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
3ace:
Good morning! How was the weekend? How far? Would the car be ready today as promised?

After a long search of harness. This is what I found.

[img][/img]

That's the monkey business.

Working...

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
Removed all funny connections including the watchdog timer.

Car starts only in park and neutral now.

New radiator installed.

Car should be fine.

Can't weld top until after a day of testing.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3ace(m): 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (519) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.