Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Restless...story Of A Survivor. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Restless...story Of A Survivor. (55085 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Story Of A Cancer Survivor (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2014
She told me not to tell Daddy about it as it could increase his already high blood pressure.

Segun and Junior came back home after midnight, segun was obviously drunk as he was trying to wade off Mummy’s reprimand for coming in that late. Junior was remorse and appologised to Mummy but we all knew Segun was behind the act.
Junior had the fun of his life as he recounted all that transpired at the places they visited, he met a Girl that caught his attention at a fast food Join they visited , he called her that night and they discussed into the night till I fell asleep.

As early as 5:30AM in the morning, Mummy came into the room and woke us up. She told us to dress up and follow her down stairs to her Car.

She drove us into town for about thirty minutes before parking the car at the front of a white Bungalow, we all alighted and followed her to the House. She knocked at the door and waited for about five minutes till a gray bearded elderly Man of over seventy years old opened the door and ushered us in after exchange of pleasantries, he told us to pull off our foot wears as we entered the wide and sparsely furnished sitting room. We were directed to sit on Couches while the Baba as Mummy called him excused himself.

He came back after about ten minutes dressed in immaculate white apparel carrying a brown Pouch made of Animal Skin. He sat down opposite us and opened the Pouch, then he removed a white piece of Cloth from the Pouch and spread on the floor before him, he further removed a Chaplet made of cowries and spread on the white Cloth. That was when it dawned on me that we are in a native Doctor’s Shrine, I looked at Chinedu and he smiled at me but mummy saw us and nudged me to stay quiet.

Baba picked up the chaplet and said some incantations then he threw it on the Cloth again, he pointed at some of the cowries and continues chanting incantations: Tell Ifa your dream! I heard him say, staring at me.
I was confused, which dream? I looked at Mummy and Chinedu for support but got none, and then I looked at Baba puzzled.

He dipped his hands into his Pouch and brought out some beads, he said some incantations again and threw the beads on the white Cloth.

You fought with a Woman in your dream while you were pregnant, she killed your Son! It was not a dream, it was real and as long as she lives, you will never have a Child, she will make your marriage miserable because in this part of the World a marriage without Children will not know peace in the long run! Baba spoke in impeccable English and I understood all he said but my tongue was glued to the roof of my mouth, I was dumbfounded!

Your husband will eventually desert you and marry her because she believed you stole her supposed husband!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by gennysq(f): 10:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hah! See gobe..................sad
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by rofemiguwa(f): 12:53am On Jul 06, 2014
I know derby is a surviVor, she will survive. I m sure of that

Tank u for d update! Pls morEeee
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by onosj(f): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
If u see a yoruba girl nd a snake, first kill d girl be4 u kill d snake. Dupe one thing i want u to know is dat, when God says yes no body can say no.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by repogirl(f): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
onosj: If u see a yoruba girl nd a snake, first kill d girl be4 u kill d snake. Dupe one thing i want u to know is dat, when God says yes no body can say no.
I take offense to your statement above, onosj, this saying is for mbaise people and not Yoruba girls! If you think Yoruba girls are that way, then you are highly misinformed!

4 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by onosj(f): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
repogirl: I take offense to your statement above, onosj, this saying is for mbaise people and not Yoruba girls! If you think Yoruba girls are that way, then you are highly misinformed!
Ok am sorry! Repogirl it's has been long we hear 4rm u, hope u're going 2 give us another wonderful luv story very soon.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by repogirl(f): 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
onosj: Ok am sorry! Repogirl it's has been long we hear 4rm u, hope u're going 2 give us another wonderful luv story very soon.
smiley, okay, all is forgiven....I'm around, not had time to write but I will definitely be back sometime soon hopefully.

@domawoleye, good work, am glued till the end.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
When God has revealed your enemy to you, then trust me he has no power over you again. Evil people everywhere, what they refused to learn is that if something belongs to you, it will never slips your hands. They will keep fighting for what that can never be theirs. The almighty father will destroy all our enemies fighting with us for no just cause in Jesus name! Well done for the update sir, can't wait to see the end of the evil woman.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
The tears flew freely and uncontrollable, I had never imagined such fate could befall me in all my life, I have never imagined I could be a Victim of an Occult manipulation, why me? Was all I could mutter as Junior pilled me closer to comfort. Baba continued: this lady was so enraged that she joined a very powerful female cult just to seek vengeance, and as I said earlier you would bear no Child alive and if at all your Child comes out alive, then you will not live to tend the Child! That is her pact with the Cult.

So Baba, what is the way out? Please ask Ifa what the solution is? Please Baba! Mummy pleaded.

Baba picked up the beads and said some more incantations then he threw them down, he studied the beads for some time then he looked up at me: You are innocent! Your hands are clean! But in this life of ours, so many people die for sins they know not about. This lady lied to her Cult to avenge her quest. But she truly loves your husband, in fact your husband dis flowered this Lady when they were much younger but for her bad manners and irrational temper, Ayo would have married her.

Ifa said there are two ways out; the first and the best is that you People will have to go and beg this Lady, make her see reasons and let her reverse the curse she had placed on you. The second solution would require your husband’s presence here because he is the link between the two of you, he had slept with the two of you and he is the point of contact the Lady used to reach you, if your husband had not slept with her before, it would have been difficult for her to reach you though not totally impossible for a desperate woman like her would go to any length to seek for vengeance.

Thank you Baba! Mummy said: I will go to her Mother right away and beg her so she can help me reach her daughter, it has been long I saw her but her Mother is my Friend, she will help me to locate her.

Baba shook his head staring at Mummy; the Person we begged to help us scratch our back, has thorns hidden in his hands! The Person we begged to help use his mouth and blow out the speck in our eyes has dried pepper hidden in his mouth! The place we look at as an exit route is actually a brick wall! Don’t dare tell her Mother! Baba warned; her Mother your friend is the architect of this whole saga! She manipulated you in the first place to agreeing that these Children will marry when they grow up! You thought it was a joke? You thought it was a mere wish? No! Mama Segun, you committed yourself without knowing. Your so called friend is a devil! She hate you like faces, she believed you betrayed your friendship, she believed you and your Son deserve to suffer for the injustice you meted to her. Are you aware that the Lady in question turned down several suitors because of Ayo? Mama Segun, do not go to your friend for she hate you. She is still close to you today because you are an informer to all on the developments in your son’s family and you have been doing this so well.

Mummy jumped up; ye mogbe! (I am doomed) she pranced to and fro the sitting room tying and untying her Wrapper; I have killed myself o! ye! ye! ye! Fire has burnt me! Baba Fire has burnt me o! Help me! Help me! Baba I am doomed! Mummy let herself fall face down and she laid there rolling from one end of the room to the other crying, I was crying too, Chinedu held me close comforting me.
Sir! So what do we do now sir? All odds seemed to be against us! Chinedu asked:

Baba starred at Chinedu, and then he picked up his Chaplet and went through the chanting routine once more.
He looked at Chinedu in the eyes and said: young man, great man, I want you to raise your hands up in the air, then clasp your palms together, rub the your palms together then wipe your face wipe your palms, I want to see you clearly, I sat upright to allow Junior do as he was bided. He did so.

Ha! Baba exclaimed: too much wealth, too much power, too much influence. The spirits of your father resides with you, but beware of too many women; they shall come at you in torrents! They shall come in various sizes and shapes, both old and young; they will come to take advantage of your naivety. Some will come to you simply because they want to bear your Child as that would guarantee their meal ticket for life. They will come at you diabolically; women shall kill themselves for your sake. You are like a cube of Sugar put in a colony of ants. And at the end they will leave you dry! They will finish you! Your life will be worse than what you suffered before; you will walk bare footed to all the places you have driven to. You shall beg for food, even water will be a scarce commodity for you when women are done with you.

But do not be afraid my Boy, for that is the lot of all rich and great men. You simply have to take caution! Never tell any woman ‘I will marry you” when you do not mean it! And for your information you will not marry early, because you are young and rich, people expect you to marry early so the rush will begin from now. You must go to the University and graduate, you will only marry when a traditional Chief will give you his Daughter! That is before you become Governor.

You will rule your People, in fact your People will beg you to rule over them because of your love to humanity: your love to the Orphans, the Widows, the destitute and the less privileged will endear People to you. And your reign shall be the most peaceful your People have witnessed. But in all of these, do not forget your Sister here because you are like a Father to her! She sees your father in you and a time will come when she will really need you to lean on.

I was consoled by all what Baba told Junior and I forgot my worries momentarily, even Mummy came to join us and was smiling sheepishly at my brother.

Back to your question sir! Baba continued: the only way out of this situation is for Ayo himself to come back from the War front and go search for Dupe. She still loves him and will love him till her death. She is still waiting patiently for when he will take her back as Wife and this, she is very confident about. Ayo will need to sleep with her again but this time around he will be fortified so as to neutralize her effect on him for only then can she rescind her resolution when he appeals to her. But there is a problem here. What is the problem sir? Chinedu asked. Ayo does not believe in Baba’s prophesies! Mummy interjected,

Even though everything Baba told him had come to pass, but Ayo’s medical orientation has made him forget his roots. If he realizes I brought you here he will be very angry with us, he believes everything that has happened to him is his destiny; Mummy summarized.

I am a Doctorate degree holder and I lecture at Ife University yet I am an Ifa Priest, this is my faith and it has worked for me and my family from the time of my Ancestors. I believe in Eledumare the all mighty God that created the heavens and the Earth and I relate with him through the Ifa just as Christians and Muslims relate with him through Jesus Christ and Prophet Mohammed. I do not say what I am not told else I will die a terrible death.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by gennysq(f): 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
Wow! Dis story has really got me stunned shocked
ℓ̊ pray ur story makes Frontpage, cus ℓ̊ want oda peeps to learn frm dis beautiful piece.
God bless u Dom, u too much smiley
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by sebak(f): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
Wow, dis story as opened my eyes to tins, God bless u sir
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by missuniverse(f): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
I really don't know what to say.............

but one thing i must say.......
DOMAWOLEYE,u re gud
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
gennysq: Wow! Dis story has really got me stunned shocked
ℓ̊ pray ur story makes Frontpage, cus ℓ̊ want oda peeps to learn frm dis beautiful piece.

Thank you my Sister! Thanks a lot
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
missuniverse: I really don't know what to say.............

but one thing i must say.......
DOMAWOLEYE,u re gud

I am flattered! God bless you.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
sebak: Wow, dis story as opened my eyes to tins, God bless u sir

God bless u Sebak! I appreciate ur time and comment.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by merlin2oo(m): 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2014
dominic U are the BOMB
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
gennysq: Wow! Dis story has really got me stunned shocked

Gennysq, you got my back all the way. I appreciate ur encouragement.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2014
Wow wow wow,rilli interesting. so many tins compressed in dat first page. its a good one Buh don't u tink u summarise ur work too much? u don't describe ur characters atal,u should write n we feel as if we r watching it. if ds wants to get published, how many pages wl it take? "False pretenses" by 'repogal' or "the silent lover" by 'underage'can give u an insight on wat am saying. Asides dat u gat a veeeery interesting story here wch got me glued to my fine since yestataday. thumps up
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
nice story u have here Dom

but some corrections
the local government in Abia state is Isuikwuato so d spelling u have up dere is wrong smiley(sorry it is my hometown wink wink wink)
anoda is d place u wrote 'unzipped bra' i think it should b 'unhooked bra'

following from now on....

good work sir
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
Candis009: Wow wow wow,rilli interesting. so many tins compressed in dat first page. its a good one Buh don't u tink u summarise ur work too much? u don't describe ur characters atal,u should write n we feel as if we r watching it. if ds wants to get published, how many pages wl it take? "False pretenses" by 'repogal' or "the silent lover" by 'underage'can give u an insight on wat am saying. Asides dat u gat a veeeery interesting story here wch got me glued to my fine since yestataday. thumps up

Thanks a lot my Sister, i appreciate your observaton. i will take correction instata. Jah bless!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
Cheriepet: nice story u have here Dom

but some corrections
the local government in Abia state is Isuikwuato so d spelling u have up dere is wrong smiley(sorry it is my hometown wink wink wink)
anoda is d place u wrote 'unzipped bra' i think it should b 'unhooked bra'

following from now on....

good work sir

many thanks Cherie, many thanks!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
I don land ooo
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
Divepen: I don land ooo

Hey! Divepen my man! you been go Brasil? welcome back o.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
DOMAWOLEYE:

Hey! Divepen my man! you been go Brasil? welcome back o.
brazil.....?
They've changed their name to chibok
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
Then we will have to wait until Captain comes back! No one, especially the Wife should tell him of our visit here until he comes back and learns of it. Chinedu said.

Yes! Baba said: let us wait until major comes back. Captain! I corrected. Oh sorry! Baba said.

He turned to mummy and said; mama Segun please do not stay too long before you come to see Ifa, what is revealed here today would have been known and averted. It is good we visit Ifa before we take any major step in our lives, so as to know the right direction to take.

How is Baba Segun? He is okay, mummy said; extend my greetings to him and tell him to see me after Lectures tomorrow, I will be free at two o’clock till four o’clock, Ifa has a message for him.
Can’t I take the message to him? Mummy asked; No woman! It is left for him to tell you the message, not me, and do not be scared he is not taking a second Wife! Everyone laughed

My Wife! Baba turned towards me: You have to be benevolent and generous to pregnant women and Little Children hence forth. Let their prayers be an intercession for you.

There is a little Boy I see following you about, he is not your Son but he has your blood in his veins too. Who is he? Baba asked; his name is Paul, Baba, he is my elder Sister’s Son. I replied.

You love that Child like a Son, you have to be careful, the Mother of that Child is your sworn enemy, she is envious of your shadow and that Child of his can never love you as you want, no matter what you do for him, he will never be contented. He is like his Mother; his Mother will use his to get at you. The only thing you can do for the Boy because of your love for him is to hand him over to your Brother here to train. The Mother is afraid of your Brother. Please be careful. I simply nodded my head in affirmation.

He turned towards Chinedu and said; Your Excellency~ please continue to be focused on your business and your studies, do not allow what you have heard here today to make you lazy and complacent. None of all you heard today will be achieved if you go to sleep.
Yes sir! Thank you very much sir! Junior replied

Baba packed up his bag and excused himself from our presence, but before he left our presence, Mummy tucked some money into his pouch. This is for Ifa! She said; may Ifa protect you Baba replied.

Mummy was very pensive, she threw the Car key at Chinedu and kept muttering to herself, she kept calling Iya Dupe! (Dupe’s Mother)
We drove back home silently with Chinedu on the wheel while Mummy gave him directions to drive. Each one of us burdened with different thoughts.

We got home and prepared for Church service. Mummy was not her usual vibrant self at Church. Her Friend Dupe’s Mother was by her side chatting and gossiping as the service progressed but mummy seldom talked. Back at home, Dupe’s mother followed us home and was acting like the friend we all thought she was.

She came to me at about 3:00PM and started a discussion but before I could be fully indulged, Chinedu came to me with my Phone and said; Aunty you have a call from your husband and he handed me the Phone. I put the phone to my ear saying “hello! Hello!” as I left the presence of mama Dupe but no one replied. I looked at the screen of the Phone, it was blank, and no one had called. It was Chinedu’s ploy to make me leave the woman so I went upstairs to my room and slept off.

By Monday morning the house became quiet. Daddy went to School; Segun went back to Lagos while Mummy went for lectures at the Ilesha College of Education. Only the two elderly were at home with us and after breakfast, they retired to their rooms. Chinedu and I were left at the sitting room watching Television.

Hmm, your excellency! I teased Chinedu. Aunty! He laughed: I do not know what to say o! Even though I secretly nurse an ambition to go into politics in the future, I had never voiced it out to anyone. That Baba just spilled out everything like he was a god or something! I am still surprised at everything that was revealed yesterday!

Me too! My Brother, I have been hearing of this Ifa stuff but I had thought it to be a myth or fable of sort but now I know better. But why doesn’t Captain believe in him? After all he is a Son of the soil and he grew up here with his Parent who believes in the efficacy of Ifa, the strangest thing was that we later went to Church after visiting Ifa in the morning.

Well I think the Yoruba’s are a People that still hold their cultural heritages dear, Junior said. Your husband is an adult and has made his own choice not to follow the footsteps of his parent; Junior said.

But he is not even a practicing Muslim or Christian either! He is just a Church goer like us! I said.

My only fear now is that Ayo may not want to heed Baba’s advice! He will not and the consequence will be my being Childless, my death, or my being ousted from Ayo’s house. I am at a loss from all indications. But you can make him change his decision, are you not the Wife? Chinedu asked.
Chinedu! I know my husband very well, he is a proud man, and he is self-confident and not easily swayed. I will try my best all the same, I will.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2014
nice update. hope d issue will be resolve soon.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by bibie01(f): 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nice update Doma, thank you
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
What a lovely story,keep it up
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Sleekbaby(f): 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nice story bro bt come oo, u r nt an igbo guy how come u knw all dese places u mentioned like back of ur palm, weldone. Following bumper 2 bumper.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by merlin2oo(m): 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nice 1 Dom keep it up
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
We spent the whole week at Ile Ife resting from the rigors of work in Enugu. We were following up our businesses with the use of telephones. The House became full again by Friday night as Segun and the Sister Ajoke, came home together that weekend. Daddy returned from lectures with a nephew of his to spend the weekend.

On Saturday morning, Chinedu, Segun and Shola Daddy’s nephew all followed Daddy to his farm along Ilesha road. Daddy had a Cocoa Plantation cum other food crops farms on a thirty hectare span of land.

After cleaning up the house Ajoke and I went to the hair dressers while Mummy went out for meetings.

Later in the evening there was an in-house party. Daddy and the Boys came back from the farm with well spiced and barbecued Bush meat, a hunter had sold his game of Grass Cutter and Antelope to them at the farm and they had prepared it at the farm House.

They bought two Gallons of freshly tapped palm wine from a Tapper at the Farm and these they brought home for the merriment of every one buffet style.

We all gathered at the sitting room eating and drinking while listening to the music of king wasiu Ayinde (KWAM 1) coming out softly from the speakers. Everyone was happy.

I longed for my Father once again; we used to have such joyful gatherings in our home when I was a Kid.

Segun came and pulled me up to the center of the sitting room and we danced to the music. I was the center of attraction as I moved to match the rhythm of the music. Segun and others were shocked, he never expected me to know how to dance to Yoruba music.

He moved to the right as I moved to the left, he went down and I went down too, the whole family surrounded us clapping. I gave Segun a little gap; I dropped my glass of palm wine on a nearby table.
I swayed like a butterfly to the rhythm of the music; I rocked my shoulders, my bosom, to the rhythm of the music, I wriggled my waist, Ikwere style, to the rhythm of the music, with smiles on my face all the way. I was the music, the music was me.
I collected over five thousand naira that night when I counted the money they sprayed me. Ajoke told me that she had used all her Childhood life to learn how to dance like her Brothers to no avail, how come you dance like Brother Ayo so well? She asked; he is a good teacher and I, a good learner; I said laughing.

Do not forget everything we discussed and agreed upon; mummy told us as we were about driving out from the compound on our way back to Enugu on Sunday morning. Chinedu please drive with care o! No over speeding o! And call us immediately you arrive at your destination please! Mummy begged with tears in her eyes. I had tears in my eyes too. What a lovely mother in-law.

I love you! She shouted as Chinedu screeched the Car out of the gate. I love you too mummy! I shouted back. I looked back through the rear view mirror and I saw mummy crying on Segun’s shoulder. I was moved and I sobbed silently while Chinedu consoled me by patting my shoulders.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Missmossy(f): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nice story! Well done,keep em' coming.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A Strange Love (18+) / Nairaland Detection Club / Lost Of Virginity; An Early Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.