Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (480922 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 10:01pm On May 28, 2015
safarigirl:
Well they certainly don't follow this thread cuz if they did SOMEBODY would've linked me up to Awoniyi angry angry (apologies to linked for using his moniker)
hehehe... am accustomed to that...I get nearly 100 mention daily... Think I need 2 do something about that... What do you suggest?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 10:07pm On May 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]Men let me tell you about about that goal. The Seydou Keita's free kick goal was from a long range. The Goal keeper of Uruguay Goal Keeper Carini was the best young goal keeper in the World. He won it in the 1997 U20 competition and in 1999.

Before the free kick, Nigerians hoped Pius Ikedia will take the best player award. His amount of completed dribbles was amazing and he had the goal that drew us level with Ireland (Robbie Keane and Damien Duff played in that game).

The news was Keita was the best player, note they knocked us out 3-1. But, Keita did not have a goal.

A penalty will not clinch it. When that free kick came, the usual Seydou Keita would have crossed from that distance but he took a stunning curling shot and he beat Carini.

As soon as it entered, many Nigerians felt we lost for a second time because Ikedia did well.

So Keita's passes did most of the work and that goal crowned it.

I hope you are not equating a long range Free Kick to a penalty.
[/b]

Not at all. Scoring a free kick is way harder than converting a penalty. Just making a correction. In football, u have open play and set play. Goals scored from Corners, Free kicks, penalties are classified under goals from set plays.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Segadem(m): 10:13pm On May 28, 2015
P0intBlank:

Please read my earlier post properly I did not say pass completion is useless. I said pass completion is useless if....Telling me a player did well because he's pass completion is high only makes sense if it had an end product. Passing is not an end in itself, it is a means to an end.
chei! oyibo po, see terminology!!!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Segadem(m): 10:25pm On May 28, 2015
one think I like about this thread is the argument part of it, I have learnt a lot and it brings back some forgotten memories of the past.
Sevondly,I like the maturity of all those who partake of the argument,unlike the general forum which they will be using foul languages.

Keep the ball rolling!!!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 28, 2015
Segadem:
chei! oyibo po, see terminology!!!
wicked dude spotted grin
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 10:53pm On May 28, 2015
EagleScribes:

I will rather say Manu is a more hardworking coach who works so hard to bring the best from his wards. Which other coach can do that?

Manu Garba has a brand of football and even alternative plans too. Which other Nigerian coach can do that?

Apart from being a good scout, which I feel is due to his work ideals, he's far better than others in every other aspect
He has a philosophy... When you have a clear idea of how you wanna play.. Your problem is half solved... Other nigeria coaches have no philosophy or guiding principle.. They just assemble some dudes and tell them: '' dig deep '', '' fight'' etc.
But when you have a philosophy, you essentially develop a benchmark in style, formation and other nitty gritty of the game. These you can tweak when necessary.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 10:57pm On May 28, 2015
AIG07:
good for all sport loving Nigerians

Hope ait and silverbird will air them live. I'm not sleeping. I'm not sleeping already cos i can't move forward while sleeping
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2015
P0intBlank:

Please read my earlier post properly I did not say pass completion is useless. I said pass completion is useless if....Telling me a player did well because he's pass cotion is high only makes sense if it had an end product. Passing is not an end in itself, it is a means to an end. The players u mentioned earned a name for thves because their passes had end products(not just backwards or sideways passing but defense splitting passes that put strikers through on goal)

Does that make sense to you. A player with high pass completion being useless. Honestly, that is ridiculous. A player with high pass completion is brilliant. How can you categorize it as useless. Are all Fabregas passes towards goals or leading to goal assists. Sometimes you pass back to keep possession. Will that be classed as useless. Honestly, what you are saying does not make sense. Go and watch a full Pirlo vs highlight and count how many times he passes sideways and backwards. Then read your statement.

How do you know if Yeboah's passes have end products or not.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 11:04pm On May 28, 2015
Enjoying all ur comments & News like suger cane...Ride On guys............
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:17pm On May 28, 2015
linked:
He has a philosophy... When you have a clear idea of how you wanna play.. Your problem is half solved... Other nigeria coaches have no philosophy or guiding principle.. They just assemble some dudes and tell them: '' dig deep '', '' fight'' etc.
But when you have a philosophy, you essentially develop a benchmark in style, formation and other nitty gritty of the game. These you can tweak when necessary.

Lol at 'dig deep' 'fight'

Keshi is a motivational speaker like that.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by DrKlever(m): 11:39pm On May 28, 2015
Checking in. I have been enjoying all your comments on ghost mood, you guys are great analysts. Safarigal if u want awoniyi lemme knw. I knw d dude personally!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:51pm On May 28, 2015

Success don dey mature o!! Lol

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 12:00am On May 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Does that make sense to you. A player with high pass completion being useless. Honestly, that is ridiculous. A player with high pass completion is brilliant. How can you categorize it as useless. Are all Fabregas passes towards goals or leading to goal assists. Sometimes you pass back to keep possession. Will that be classed as useless. Honestly, what you are saying does not make sense. Go and watch a full Pirlo vs highlight and count how many times he passes sideways and backwards. Then read your statement.

How do you know if Yeboah's passes have end products or not.

Ok, I respect your opinion. Were we coaches, we would have different philosophies. I wouldn't mind ur players winning the possession stats while I edge the chances created and assists stats. For me it's not how much of the ball u have, it's what u do with it

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:14am On May 29, 2015
The truth is, they are called pass masters because they know the right pass to make. Patrick Vieira took a young Citizen Huws to watch Busquets. After the game, the boy said the team was amazing.

A pass master never passes for the sake of it. If Pirlo passes backwards, it is important. Another plauer might be in that position and decide to pass the ball and he gets intercepted.

Same with Busquets. Most times, Barca players make sure the ball gets to Busquets before they attack. If Busquets passes backwards, they do not attack. If he makes a side ways pass, they build up the game with attack directed passses. Whe Busquets passes forward, they go all out attack.

That is why they are masters of the game. Same with Luka Modric.

TheSuperNerd:

Sir GoodJoe... *smiles* I truly understand u ok. What I like about u Sir is ur indepth analysis backed up with facts... But Guardiola, the master architect of tikitaka/modern total football philosophy, made a good point. Passes that truly count are result-oriented and game-changing passes... Passes that dictate a game's tempo. But... If u still got a problem with what POintBlank is 'pOinting' out... Then I think u shud take it up with Pep Guardiola... He made that statement... Not POintBlank... *smiles*

P.S: Pirlo, Riquelme, Ballack, Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Busquets, Scholes, Xabi Alonso etc are game changers with their passes and oftentimes contribute assists... Now that's result-oriented. Pass masters are truly important... 'result-oriented' pass masters .

Yaw Yeboah didnt hv such influence at the caf u-20 Ayc and didnt even contribute one assist. So pls Sir, let's drop it...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by yenum10: 12:14am On May 29, 2015
if manu is good at developing youth teams let him remain there. but the problem is will the team move to a good hands at senior level i dont have problem with siasia he already said d whole un20 team has being graduated to un23 d main problem is keshi...thatman is too proud .... even though he knws the boiz r good but because ppl r saying he shld call dem he wont cos of pride he is too sentimental ...how i wish all dis boiz will move to super eagles all of dem if dey dnt make it jst giv them 2yrs in d national team together nd we will b too hot to handle ......keshi is d problem of d super eagles all his team players are all bench warmers in dia various clubs no good scouting and he said he is a coach... mtcheew thumbs up manu Garba na u b d man wey sabi we salute u
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27am On May 29, 2015
[b]"I loathe all that passing for the sake of it, all that tiki-taka. It's so much rubbish and has no purpose. You have to pass the ball with a clear intention, with the aim of making it into the opposition's goal. It's not about passing for the sake of it."....Guardiola.

The mistake here is a lot of people feel Guardiola is referring to the brand of football he cloached Barca to play. He is letting people know that he wants the team not to pass for it. Even when you see Messi and Alves standing on one corner of the field and interchanging passes between themselves, there is an aim to penetrate the goal of the opponent.

It was not a smear on the art of possessive football.

Pass masters like Gundogan and Banega are not just passing. There is a logic behind it.

Finally, I can not judge Yeboah as weak without the stats. At the last World Cup, Mikel was referred to as SlowBi. But, when the stats arrived, he covered the most distance on the pitch than any Nigerian player. That is why I said I can not judge Yeboah without seeing the stats. I hope CAF upgrades their attitude. Their approach to the game is backward.

What I know is that Yeboah is the best player from the Man City Academy in Ghana before he joined the U18 team. For him to rise to that spot shows he is talented. I do not think he won the award based on bias. We can not say he did not merit it without a fair analysis of his performance. Goals and assists is not enough to judge.[/b]

TheSuperNerd:

Sir GoodJoe... *smiles* I truly understand u ok. What I like about u Sir is ur indepth analysis backed up with facts... But Guardiola, the master architect of tikitaka/modern total football philosophy, made a good point. Passes that truly count are result-oriented and game-changing passes... Passes that dictate a game's tempo. But... If u still got a problem with what POintBlank is 'pOinting' out... Then I think u shud take it up with Pep Guardiola... He made that statement... Not POintBlank... *smiles*

P.S: Pirlo, Riquelme, Ballack, Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Busquets, Scholes, Xabi Alonso etc are game changers with their passes and oftentimes contribute assists... Now that's result-oriented. Pass masters are truly important... 'result-oriented' pass masters .

Yaw Yeboah didnt hv such influence at the caf u-20 Ayc and didnt even contribute one assist. So pls Sir, let's drop it...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 5:35am On May 29, 2015
tbaba1234:

Lol at 'dig deep' 'fight'

Keshi is a motivational speaker like that.
Then you are a Keshi attacker....''''''haaaaaaa''''....:::::::
**smiles**
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 5:36am On May 29, 2015
linked:

You are exactly on point. That is the trademark of a coach who knows his onions and that is what Nigeria needs. Gone are those days when the real Super Eagles were known for a particular brand of football. With Manu Garba, the glory days will be back again.

Not some clueless coach who cannot differentiate between onions and garlic sad

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 5:58am On May 29, 2015
Fever Builds for World Cup Opener.
Sam Lonergan of Mellons Bay already has tickets to the semifinal and final next month. Photo / Nick Reed
20,000 tickets already sold for tomorrow’s game between New Zealand and Ukraine.
By Scott Yeoman
Auckland football fanatic Sam Lonergan will be one of thousands of youngsters to pour into North Harbour Stadium tomorrow for the opening game of the Fifa U-20 World Cup.
Yesterday Fifa said more than 20,000 - or 80 per cent - of the 25,000 tickets had been sold for tomorrow afternoon's opener between New Zealand and Ukraine, and so far 200,000 tickets had been snapped up for games across the country.
Sam, 12, is going tomorrow with a couple of his school friends and also has tickets to the semifinal and final next month.
His football team from Bucklands Beach AFC were organising three buses to transport about 150 people to the final and were using it as a fundraiser for a team trip to the Gold Coast in September.
Like many other young footballers the Herald has spoken to this week, Sam was especially looking forward to watching the rising stars of world football play in New Zealand.
The Bucklands Beach Intermediate School pupil said a lot of his friends were going to at least one of the matches, and he expected a similar reaction to that of the Cricket World Cup hosted in New Zealand earlier this year.
"It encouraged people to play more cricket since it was all around New Zealand and everyone was talking about it. So that will probably happen with [this] World Cup."
Sam's mother, Sara-Jane Morgan, said her son and his friends lived and breathed football every day of the week. "It's just constant, constant talk about football. So many boys want to be a professional football player."
For the past 18 months Fifa has tapped into the passion of this age group and has been running a football promotion programme in 500 schools around the country.
A spokesman for the world football governing body said New Zealand schools were "right behind the tournament". He was expecting young students to travel "en masse" to the games.
Fifa U-20 World Cup project lead Rhiannon Martin, speaking at a welcoming event on Wednesday at Auckland's Orakei Marae, said it was important to notice that football was currently the biggest participation sport in New Zealand and that it was "really developing" here.
She said she hoped the New Zealand U-20 team would get through "as far as possible". "Because I think whenever the home country is performing well then the crowds get behind it all and then hopefully the kids as well - the school kids - can then perform well and hopefully qualify for future Fifa competitions."
Meanwhile, police yesterday called on the public to play their part in creating "a safe and fun" event.
Superintendent Sandra Manderson said staff were well prepared and had "extensive experience" in sporting events of this magnitude.
On Today
Auckland
• Chief executive of the Fifa U-20 World Cup Local Organising Committee (LOC) Dave Beeche will be down at the Fever Pitch fan zone on Queens Wharf and Queen Elizabeth Square at 3pm today to talk about what is on offer for fans throughout the World Cup. Activities on display will include ball juggling and face painting.
Whangarei
• The Fever Pitch set up in Cameron Street Mall will have entertainment from local schools and performers today. The Whangarei Primary School choir and local band Two Kay will perform.
New Plymouth
• Nigeria will have an open training session today at 1pm at Manukorihi Park, Waitara.
• Brazil will have an open training session today at 1pm at TET Stadium, Inglewood.
• All teams playing in New Plymouth - Brazil, Hungary, Nigeria and Korea DPR - will be welcomed today at 5pm with a traditional powhiri, haka, waiata and hongi at Owae Marae in Waitara.
Wellington
• Kids can hit the Fever Pitch fan hub at Wellington Civic Square at 10am. 12pm: A street football match against the Police. 1pm-2pm: Law of the Fireman perform for the crowd. 2pm-4pm: Inflatable goals to shoot at, a photo booth, tickets to the matches and match information. With only one day to go until kick-off there will be plenty of giveaways.
Christchurch
• From 1.30pm-3pm today Linfield Park will play host to the German U-20 team, who will learn to perform a haka and how to play touch rugby with players from Linwood Rugby Club. They will also get lessons from some ex-All Blacks, who will share some history on rugby, the haka and the techniques that make a great rugby player.
Dunedin
• Uruguay will visit Dunedin Children's hospital at 9.30am today.
• The "Fever Pitch Cube Fan Zone" kicks off today at the lower Octagon between 12pm-4pm. There will be football demonstrations, performances and music. 1pm-2pm: "Keepy-uppy" competition launch.
m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11456363
To be continued later...

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:36am On May 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]U-20 World Cup: Team spirit delights Ihenacho[/size]

Flying Eagles star, Kelechi Ihenacho, says the team is stuffed with talent that suggests no player is indispensable as Nigeria prepares to take on Brazil next Monday in the FIFA Under- 20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Ihenacho, who spoke yesterday from the team’s training camp, said he was amazed at the readiness of his mates to compete for spots.

“I have never seen anything like this before and I think it brings positive news to the entire Nigerians that we can really look up to something at the end of this championship,” he said, although just short of promising the cup.

“I have missed this team a lot and I felt happy to re-unite with the lads once again. We have got on well and the spirit is high.

“We are hoping we will do much better than we did with the U-17s because we have grown up now and this is another level of football.”

The Manchester City starlet admitted the challenge that awaits Nigeria when the Flying Eagles clash with Brazil in the group’s opening game.

“We are aware of the enormous task. But we are also aware that we can’t afford to play under pressure,” he cautioned, stressing, “No one is sure until the end of the competition.”

On Coach Manu Garba’s submission that Iheanacho and two other late comers to camp would not start the World Cup games, Iheanacho said: “Whatever strategy the coach applies will be perfectly okay by me.”

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by rabzy: 6:42am On May 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
The truth is, they are called pass masters because they know the right pass to make. Patrick Vieira took a young Citizen Huws to watch Busquets. After the game, the boy said the team was amazing.

A pass master never passes for the sake of it. If Pirlo passes backwards, it is important. Another plauer might be in that position and decide to pass the ball and he gets intercepted.

Same with Busquets. Most times, Barca players make sure the ball gets to Busquets before they attack. If Busquets passes backwards, they do not attack. If he makes a side ways pass, they build up the game with attack directed passses. Whe Busquets passes forward, they go all out attack.

That is why they are masters of the game. Same with Luka Modric.

If you watch the game you don't see busquets, you watch busquets, you've seen the whole game.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ChiefEmekaVilla(m): 7:07am On May 29, 2015
rabzy:

If you watch the game you don't see busquets, you watch busquets, you've seen the whole game.

Choiii!! Jesus! Your phrase strong gan! Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 7:10am On May 29, 2015
Kelechi Iheanacho hopes his side live up to the high expectations from Nigerians at the Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand. The 18-year-old player makes a return to the Flying Eagles after missing out of the 2015 African Youth Championship where Manu Garba’s side emerged victorious.

Nigeria face former champions Brazil in their first game of the World Cup on June 1 at the Taranaki Stadium and the Manchester City forward has assured that his team will do all it takes to come out on top.

“We hope to scale through in our first game against Brazil and go on from there,” Iheanacho told the Nigeria Football Federation website.

“They have won five times, but that time is past. This is a new generation and a new competition. It will be determined in 90 minutes.

“We have to do well as a team, put in our best for us to beat them because they are also a very good team. And then take it on from there and face the other teams in our group."

On a personal note, he is targeting a brilliant outing with his teammates after injury and visa hitch ensured he missed out of the training tour to Germany.

“It will be a very good experience for me and the team as well. We hope we will do much better than we did with the U17s because we have grown up now and this is another level of football so we have to perfect many things we did not do with the U-17s and play more professionally,” he continued.

“I would have loved to be in Germany with the team, but I encountered visa issues and coupled with my injury, it was not possible to come down. I am fit now and I’m ready to go at the World Cup."

Hungary, and North Korea are Nigeria’s other Group E foes in the tournament set to commence on May 30.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 7:12am On May 29, 2015
Iheanacho signs autographs after Flying Eagles training #Itmustbegood

7h7
Samm Audu ‏@SammAudusoka
Musa yahaya, awoniyi with celebrity ref Howard Webb in NZ#Itmustbegood

8h8
Samm Audu ‏@SammAudusoka
Flying Eagles coaches, officials with ref Howard Webb#Itmustbegood

8h8
Samm Audu ‏@SammAudusoka
Isaac Success at Flying Eagles breakfast Thursday in New Plymouth #Itmustbegood

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 7:18am On May 29, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Hope ait and silverbird will air them live. I'm not sleeping. I'm not sleeping already cos i can't move forward while sleeping
i'm sure LTV n Silver bird 'll be showing it live. I can remember de aired dat of u-20 women world cup played mostly in d early hours in canada last yr. Other stations too will be joining cos most f dem shows nollywood films during this hours n no reasonable person go wake up at such odd hours to watch film-when interesting n entertaining match de. Relax n enjoy d tourney.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 7:19am On May 29, 2015
Yahaya not so happy these days... Could that be the effects of jetlag
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 7:22am On May 29, 2015
[b]I honestly wish you guys can see what Manu Garba has done. He has created an identity. A unique philosophy. I believe a playing pattern that coaching schools can study and teach to their students.

While I believe that he would be very valuable for him to return to the U17 and continue to unearthen gems, I believe his best usefulness will be to complete this project. The project to seeing out this wonderful generation of players.

Think about it: what is the point of getting these players and acquainting them to a playing philosophy that makes them the darling of youth football lovers around the world and then hand them over to a SiaSia or a Keshi who would rather play one or two of them and then continue to invite players from around the globe telling us that he is rebuilding.

I'm already sad at the prospect of scattering this team in the hands of other coaches.

The thing with Garba is that while the all-conquering U-17 formed the bedrock of this team, certain additions have been made that no one can fault. He has NEVER been accused of prejudice in team selection. He replaces talents with talents with no bias at all. And you know what, the team still keeps the shape that we all know right from the start.

Check out all the great teams in the World and the ones gone past, they all have a playing philosophy. From the tiki-taka Barcelona team to the Diamond-Shaped Chelsea Team to the Real Madrid Counter-Attacking Style. You must have a style of play. And just like Cryuff once said, all of the great teams of the past, be it the Ajax team of the seventies, AC Milan team of the late eighties, Celtic team of the Sixties, Manchester United team of the Nineties, apart from having a unique football philosophy, a large part of their team are players that are homegrown.

Now that's a good point. I see Pinnick running around the world and begging every tom, dick and harry that has a Nigerian name to play for us. In the long-term, it is counter-productive. Why? Because they cannot form the bedrock of your team. A cue can be taken from what Manu Garba said about why he still invited Kelechi, Isaac and even Moses. He said these ones have always been with the team and even if they did not participate at the AYC, they know and understand the PHILOSOPHY. That's it, folks. Ten years from now, ask these players how their Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles team played and their precise movements while attacking and defending on the pitch and they will tell you with teary eyes even in their sleep. It's ingrained because they were taught from the cradle.

The reason this home-grown philosophy is even very important is because in the National setup, they will not have as much time to be together in Camp as when they were in the Youth setup. However, because they have learned this philosophy so early in their football career and have achieved great results with it, it is impossible for them to forget. This is invaluable.

I dont know how the NFF wants to do it but Manu Garba must be made to continue with these boys to the Olympics in 2016 and the World Cup in 2018. There is not a single member of this team that does not respect manu Garba and Nduka Ugbade. I mean, they do not just respect him as their coaches, they see him as a father who launched their careers on a global scale. They are forever INDEBTED to him. Unlike Keshi who openly says that Mikel is not picking and calling him back, this is very unlikely to happen and when it does, no football lover in Nigeria will be fearful about the outcome BECAUSE there are capable hands from a large pool of players that can do a better job. Every member of this team knows that. You think it's not a big deal that Sokari who has played with the U23 and the Super Eagles says that he does not command a regular shirt in this Flying Eagles team and that everyone has to be hand working to be picked?

I am truly excited about this team. It's not a surprise to see why.[/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:27am On May 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]'Nigeria now capable of hoisting WCup'[/size]

Former Super Eagles striker Patrick Pascal is optimistic that the Flying Eagles can break the jinx and win the Fifa Under-20 World Cup for the first time when hostilities begin in New Zealand on May 29.

Pascal, who is the co-ordinator of the Super Eagles told supersport.com that the present class of 2015 have all it takes to go all the way and win the trophy for the first time at U20 level.

“We have a team capable of winning the trophy because they are focused and have been together for a very long time which is quite impressive,”the former Wikki Tourist man said.

“It won’t be easy as the other teams will come into the tournament hoping to win it too, so the boys have to be at their very best.

“I think if they concentrate very well and do what they have to do, they are capable of going all the way to the final.”he added

Pascal also warned the team to be at their optimal best in every game because they are not an unknown quantity like they were at Under-17 level when they beat all comers to win the trophy in 2013 in the UAE.

He opined that teams will come well prepared for the Flying Eagles this time out and the surprise factor wont be there again.

“The Flying Eagles have their work cut out for them this time around. It is going to be very hard, but I have confidence that they will do the nation proud,”he enthused

“They have to give a 100 percent in every game because all the countries now know they were world champions at Under-17 level two years ago and they have almost the same team as of then.

“They also need the support need support and prayers from Nigerians as they begin their quest.”Pascal added.

Nigeria will start her 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup campaign on June 1 with a game against Brazil in New Plymouth.

The Flying Eagles are in Group E of the 2015 Fifa World Cup alongside Brazil, Hungary and North Korea.
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 7:44am On May 29, 2015
Leecodeman, don't you think, Manu's talent would be wasted at senior level? At senior level, the coach invites those doing well in their clubs so either way, it will be a mix.

The problem with Keshi is that he keeps inviting Idle players. Look at Omeruo, he has depreciated a lot such that boro did not even name him on the bench yet Keshi invited him. Same with Onazi.

Where is the incentive to improve??

Manu can not just stick to his boys at senior level. He will have to invite other Nigerians doing well in Europe and those that fit his philosophy.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by winner95(m): 7:47am On May 29, 2015
Happy Democracy day/Handover to everyone. Hoping our beloved darling Super Flying Eagles will be the first team to bring home a trophy for the new govt..
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 7:49am On May 29, 2015
tbaba1234:
Leecodeman, don't you think, Manu's talent would be wasted at senior level? At senior level, the coach invites those doing well in their clubs so either way, it will be a mix.

The problem with Keshi is that he keeps inviting Idle players. Look at Omeruo, he has depreciated a lot such that boro did not even name him on the bench yet Keshi invited him. Same with Onazi.

Where is the incentive to improve??

Manu can not just stick to his boys at senior level. He will have to invite other Nigerians doing well in Europe and those that fit his philosophy.

I think it would be nice if naija has a football philosophy just as brazil has a brand (samba), spain (tiki taka). Manu garba style should be adopted at all levels.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 8:00am On May 29, 2015
@joseph tbaba,the good joe, leededman,Safari and supernerd ... Big thumbs up to u guys .

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.