Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. (77088 Views)

Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
Almost done. .....

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
Also, we had dropped the materials for the roofing of this house in the site yesterday

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
I always make sure it's the product I am very comfortable with, 0.45mm First aluminum roofing sheets, black colour.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nails, felt, adhesives, accessories. .....

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
Of course we have already started fixing the roofing sheets

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
Closer. ....

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Reconz2014: 1:37am On Oct 17, 2014
spyder880:
We are starting again this morning. ........lets grow the walls of this house cheesy
. Good work Mr Spyder, truly u are a genius in this ur chosen career. Pls whats the mixing ratio for blockwork, plastering and casting. I have come to discover that some masons mix without compliance to standard procedure. Please I want to know the mix ratio for the aforementioned. Tnx
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 9:42am On Oct 17, 2014
Reconz2014:
. Good work Mr Spyder, truly u are a genius in this ur chosen career. Pls whats the mixing ratio for blockwork, plastering and casting. I have come to discover that some masons mix without compliance to standard procedure. Please I want to know the mix ratio for the aforementioned. Tnx

Its not cast in stone, its not a singles mixture for every work. In casting there are vary many variables which might make the structural engineer to specify a particular mixing ratio for materials. We always go with the structural specifications, or surpass it when am not satisfied with the ratio. Please consult the building drawings for guidance always.

In Plastering, it depends on the sand in use, type, texture, and what you want to achieve with the job. Smoothness or thickness.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 9:44am On Oct 17, 2014
The rains are insisting that we cannot climb up to continue with this roofing work today. Everywhere is slippery, might call off work today if the weather does not get brighter soon.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 9:46am On Oct 17, 2014
We are also planning to start the security house here. Plus the septic tank for this house. Work starts soon.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by FastShipping: 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
spyder880:
Of course we have already started fixing the roofing sheets

Good Job Spyder, what material did you use for the facial board and outer ceiling? It looks very neat.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by nameoh: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
spyder,
pls how much has it cost you from the decking stage till date ( both labour and material).
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Moses112: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
Can we know the cost per m2 of that 0.45 aluminium. thank you
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 11:57am On Oct 18, 2014
nameoh:
spyder,
pls how much has it cost you from the decking stage till date ( both labour and material).

I will calculate again and reveal.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 11:58am On Oct 18, 2014
Moses112:
Can we know the cost per m2 of that 0.45 aluminium. thank you

Each sq meter sold for N1100.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
FastShipping:

Good Job Spyder, what material did you use for the facial board and outer ceiling? It looks very neat.

The same aluminium sheets, ivory beige colour, folded differently.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by bekee72: 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
My man welldon,do u mean that house is like two flat up and down,please can u say how many blocks u use on the up stage?
God bless
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
bekee72:
My man welldon,do u mean that house is like two flat up and down,please can u say how many blocks u use on the up stage?
God bless

Over 3000

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
Now we have completed the roofing sheets covering of this house.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
Improvised water collection funnels cheesy

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
Getting ready for the plastering, soakaway systems and security man house.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
spyder880:
Improvised water collection funnels cheesy

I love the roofing work... very nice with that water collection funnels.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Moses112: 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
how did you do the water collection funnel? can we have the closer look of that funnel and how you did it
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
Moses112:
how did you do the water collection funnel? can we have the closer look of that funnel and how you did it

like this.......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by DRealGeesam(m): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
spyder880:
Nails, felt, adhesives, accessories. .....
Keep up the good job sir.
Please what is the function of the adhesive. It seems to be silicon based, can this be used on the roofing sheets? Please enlighten me. Thanks.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
DRealGeesam:

Keep up the good job sir.
Please what is the function of the adhesive. It seems to be silicon based, can this be used on the roofing sheets? Please enlighten me. Thanks.

For everywhere we suspect there might be gaps, or spaces which might leak rain water into the new roof, we apply the adhesive as a sealing agent to fill the gap. It could also be used on the nail points. To seal any gaps that might open as the nail drives into the roofing sheet.

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by DRealGeesam(m): 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
spyder880:

For everywhere we suspect there might be gaps, or spaces which might leak rain water into the new roof, we apply the adhesive as a sealing agent to fill the gap. It could also be used on the nail points. To seal any gaps that might open as the nail drives into the roofing sheet.
That is why i love your threads. I have learnt something new today and useful for my work (fixing solar panels on roof, we use tar normally).
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by bekee72: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
thanks for d info
spyder880:

Over 3000
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by bekee72: 7:22am On Oct 22, 2014
thanks
spyder880:

Over 3000
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by nameoh: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
spyder
still waiting for your reply on the total cost to date
spyder880:

I will calculate again and reveal.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by bekee72: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2014
hi my people,how many bocks can one bag of cement chuck,both 6 and 9 inches?thanks
nameoh:
spyder
still waiting for your reply on the total cost to date
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by bekee72: 10:32am On Oct 30, 2014
hi my people,how many blocks can one bag of cement lay,both 9 and 6 inches?thanks
spyder880:
Now we have completed the roofing sheets covering of this house.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? / Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? / How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.