Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. (77184 Views)

Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by NL1960: 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Empiree:
bro, you may be right but time changes. Things are unpredictable. You don't want to turn 70 and realise Nigeria is your home to retire. And that time, you may not have $$ to build. That's just too bad.

I intentionally made that post because of this[b] 'I don't intend to be living at the house I'm building because U.S is now where I intend to live with my family for the rest of my life.'[/b] that you said especially the 'rest of my life' aspect. Iam glad that you have now said that things are unpredictable. The 'good' US and 'bad' Nigeria today can become the 'bad' US and 'good' Nigeria tomorrow. US was once very bad.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by kopell: 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
Sir, don't blame the guy. People as different experience about that country, if one had bad experience of others will blame them for there actions. Back to my point again, if you look at the cost and stress of building home in Naija and the return raitio, one will conclude it retirement or vacations or building it for family. I can are sure you, most of our children will never go back and ask for there fathers property, I have friend going through issue like that now. His son won't go to Naija to take control of his property in VI.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Empiree:
bro, you may be right but time changes. Things are unpredictable. You don't want to turn 70 and realise Nigeria is your home to retire. And that time, you may not have $$ to build. That's just too bad.

Exactly.

I'm taken steps now that I should have taken 20 to 25 years ago.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
kopell:
Sir, don't blame the guy. People as different experience about that country, if one had bad experience of others will blame them for there actions. Back to my point again, if you look at the cost and stress of building home in Naija and the return raitio, one will conclude it retirement or vacations or building it for family. I can are sure you, most of our children will never go back and ask for there fathers property, I have friend going through issue like that now. His son won't go to Naija to take control of his property in VI.

He doesn't have to go back to take over properties. This is what Estate Management is all about. He needs to find one that has offices in US or UK, I know Century21 is now in Nigeria.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by kopell: 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
Bro, the boy is doing so well he didn't have any interest in anything his dad has in Naija. He as 3 houses on his here NYC.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
I have an uncle who had spent at least 40 years as a pharmacist in Canada. He returned permanently last year and has been living in one of his houses in Enugu. He told us he will never return to Canada, he wants to be buried here. Different strokes really.....
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
spyder880:
I have an uncle who had spent at least 40 years as a pharmacist in Canada. He returned permanently last year and has been living in one of his houses in Enugu. He told us he will never return to Canada, he wants to be buried here. Different strokes really.....

The Uncle sound exactly like me... or may be it's me. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
kopell:
Bro, the boy is doing so well he didn't have any interest in anything his dad has in Naija. He as 3 houses on his here NYC.

There is no such thing as having too much money.

Hopefully he'll realize this before it's too late and he looses his Fathers properties.

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
mufutau55:

The Uncle sound exactly like me... or may be it's me. smiley

Hajji M.

No Sir, at least you didn't marry a Canadian lady like him. The lady didn't return with him.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 10:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
spyder880:

No Sir, at least you didn't marry a Canadian lady like him. The lady didn't return with him.

Boy oh Boy! All pikins don loss be that...

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
mufutau55:

Boy oh Boy! All pikins don loss be that...

Hajji M.

Nooo, the Canadian didn't have issues with him. His family hurriedly arranged one Nigerian babe for him in one of his visits to this country about 20 yrs ago and that is how he got an issue here. Backyard runs things cheesy
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 12:24am On Jan 21, 2015
spyder880:

Nooo, the Canadian didn't have issues with him. His family hurriedly arranged one Nigerian babe for him in one of his visits to this country about 20 yrs ago and that is how he got an issue here. Backyard runs things cheesy

God bless his family... Some of us "Old-timers" are also guilty of the same behavior... At the end, there is no place like home though...
I have my own story, of a different version though...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 12:31am On Jan 21, 2015
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=mufutau55 post=29981043][/quote]

Shyte gets complicated sometimes.

I went through a nasty divorce here a few years ago that gave me the "opportunity" to reset sad

My new Wife is from Ibadan like me (I came home to remarry), she's an integral part of my exodus back home.

So lesson of the day to the youths whoa re stating there migration journey, develop property back home as soon as you can afford to and for the love of God marry someone from your place (I say this knowing full well that we can't help who we fall in love with).

4 Likes

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Empiree: 12:55am On Jan 21, 2015
Alihamdulilah, I have always refrained myself from tangling with American women. I dont even play around with them as in GF thing. I discipline myself a lot. NOT CLAIMING SAINTHOOD but i hear stories, so pathetic that it keeps me off from Oyinbo/Akata despite their seduction.

I even heard stories by our men who deliberately went home to marry their kind and it turns ugly after the ladies "soji" to western society. All these make life boring. But it does works well pretty much for others.

A young man in America or other western countries should better embark on housing project back home as soon as he can. That's a lifetime investment. Otherwise, things can be very nasty if children involved with oyinbo/Akata. That's a nasty journey of a lifetime. Tell young men to hold banana underneath their pant. Tell them to take their eyes off those chicks and their skirts.

May God bless those who are able to think and invest on their retirement back home. Houses you have in western world are not yours. They can be repossessed in a twinkle.

2 Likes

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by bluecard(m): 2:50am On Jan 21, 2015
mufutau55:

God bless his family... Some of us "Old-timers" are also guilty of the same behavior... At the end, there is no place like home though...
I have my own story, of a different version though...

Hajji M.
spyder880:

Empiree:
Alihamdulilah, I have always refrained myself from tangling with American women. I dont even play around with them as in GF thing. I discipline myself a lot. NOT CLAIMING SAINTHOOD but i hear stories, so pathetic that it keeps me off from Oyinbo/Akata despite their seduction.

I even heard stories by our men who deliberately went home to marry their kind and it turns ugly after the ladies "soji" to western society. All these make life boring. But it does works well pretty much for others.

A young man in America or other western countries should better embark on housing project back home as soon as he can. That's a lifetime investment. Otherwise, things can be very nasty if children involved with oyinbo/Akata. That's a nasty journey of of a lifetime. Tell young men to hold banana underneath their pant. Tell them to take their eyes off those chicks and their skirts.

May God bless those who are able to think and invest on their retirement back home. Houses you have in western world are not yours. They can be repossessed in a twinkle.

Too many diversion...Pls lets stick to what brings us here.Oga spyder oya abeg we need updates with pic

Thank you
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 3:14am On Jan 21, 2015
bluecard:

Too many diversion...Pls lets stick to what brings us here.Oga spyder oya abeg we need updates with pic
Thank you

Thank you Bluecard and welcome to Properties Forum.
With work, there is also play/enjoyment.. so little off-topic won't hurt anyone. So the Moderator let things slide a little bit...
Thanks you Mr. Moderator. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

5 Likes

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 6:55am On Jan 21, 2015
bluecard:

Thank you

Thank you bluecard, work is very much in progress, I spent too much time in the markets buying stuff for the house, but there will be pictures today. Work is ongoing. We are approaching this finish from many angles, here we are;

Doing electrical wiring works
Thunder protector system
Plastering and dressing of the whole house
Plastering and dressing of the fence
Electrical wiring of the fence
Building the gate house
Compound filling with sand

Our target today is to cast the gate house lintels, continue with the under deck plastering and electrical wiring works. Pictures later today.

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 6:57am On Jan 21, 2015
mufutau55:

Thank you Bluecard and welcome to Properties Forum.
With work, there is also play/enjoyment.. so little off-topic won't hurt anyone. So the Moderator let things slide a little bit...
Thanks you Mr. Moderator. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

Thank you Hajji, the off topic is good to relieve stress abeg cheesy Help me thank Mr. Moderator also cheesy
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 8:42am On Jan 21, 2015
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 21, 2015
@spyder880.........happy new year, following bumper to bumper in this new semester, hope we are going to witness gigantic and superlative structures from you soon.... cool
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by prince2blinks(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
@spider880 u dey really entertain me; am patiently waiting for the breakdown of the cost of the building.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by kopell: 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
@ hajji I don't mean to derail Oga Spyder topic, the side talk is therapy for young once to learn for people experience so they won't make the same mistakes that they pays big price for. It's a journey of life one as to be very careful, especially the youngstar.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
shinejackie:
@spyder880.........happy new year, following bumper to bumper in this new semester, hope we are going to witness gigantic and superlative structures from you soon.... cool

My brother, It seems the whole action this year will be in Anambra State. I have a couple of buildings planned around Ogidi. Anambra is just too much and I will like to relocate there for some months. But another beautiful thing may happen in Abuja of all places. I am keeping all options open for now. Meanwhile I am still working in PH and more plans are being discussed. Expect wonderful buildings from us this year. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
We are working with Ibeto cement 42.5 version. 1900 without delivery, sure sound bags.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
We are well stocked in cement and still filling the compound with sand dug out from the soak away pit.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
Filling the compound. ......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
The compound from above. ......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
All electrical wiring works going on smoothly. ......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
We are casting the lintels for the gate house. ......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:22pm On Jan 21, 2015
The plastering guys......... dressing a beam.......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
Some of the completed under decks. .......

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? / Fabrication of Quality Aluminium windows,Railings,Doors Made Easy•Casement••✓ / Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.