Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. (77182 Views)

Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
I need to install thunder protector on the roof of this house,........

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Empiree: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
Oga spyder880 , I am still looking forward "aluminum parapet" if it's now readily available in the market. Thanks
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
Empiree:
Oga spyder880 , I am still looking forward "aluminum parapet" if it's now readily available in the market. Thanks

It is, by the time I do my next small building, I am going to use it.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Onakomaya: 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
grin
spyder880:

Its true, but I have made security arrangements for that.
Ok bro, All is well with U In Jesus Name
.. Looking forward doing great jobs together here in the North. Pls Give detail installation of the Lightening Arrester for the storm.. Your client isn't taking chances at all..
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Empiree: 6:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
spyder880:

It is, by the time I do my next small building, I am going to use it.
Good, thanks. Including price as well.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 1:17am On Jan 18, 2015
Empiree:

Brabus mentioned he will be using it sometimes in this 2015 too... We are surely waiting for this.

Hajji M.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 18, 2015
mufutau55:

Brabus mentioned he will be using it sometimes in this 2015 too... We are surely waiting for this.

Hajji M.

Looking forward to the cost process.

It's always seemed to be an unreasonable amount of effort when it can be done with fiberglass.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 3:52am On Jan 18, 2015
CityNG:

Looking forward to the cost process.
It's always seemed to be an unreasonable amount of effort when it can be done with fiberglass.

That is exactly what we have been looking for in the aluminium parapet...
If the precast can reduce cost, then I believe aluminium should do the same and drastically too..

1. Less Cost - from the poor people pocket (like me)
2. Less Weight - on the building
3. Beautiful Aesthetics

And Yes, fiberglass should be another alternatives that should be explored.
Nigeria does not embrace the alternatives that quickly.. everybody want their building to look like Baba Lagbaja.....

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Empiree: 4:25am On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=mufutau55 post=29891786]

This is really my concern. I love parapet as cast in Nigeria but the load dey worry me

fiberglass
For parapet?. I dont know how this look

everybody want their building to look like Baba Lagbaja.....
cheesy xactly
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 18, 2015
mufutau55:

That is exactly what we have been looking for in the aluminium parapet...
If the precast can reduce cost, then I believe aluminium should do the same and drastically too..

1. Less Cost - from the poor people pocket (like me)
3. Beautiful Aesthetics

And Yes, fiberglass should be another alternatives that should be explored.
Nigeria does not embrace the alternatives that quickly.. everybody want their building to look like Baba Lagbaja.....

Hajji M.

Well I'm going to take Baba Lagbajas house to the back yard and give it a goo thrashing. I willing to be the guniea pig and I just need a young vibrant Architect and builder to work with.

The very first structure that will go on my lot is a 20 foot container. As an example.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 4:41am On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=Empiree post=29891934][/quote]

Sorry.. I don't mean glass per say... I mean fiber products period. It will look like plastic but much more stronger and can be molded.

Note: Look at the pictures below.. they are products made from Fiberglass. All they need to do is take measurement and style of the parapet and then mold it to fit with any color you like or even painted. And very light weight.

Hajji M.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 4:43am On Jan 18, 2015
CityNG:

Well I'm going to take Baba Lagbajas house to the back yard and give it a good thrashing. I willing to be the guniea pig and I just need a young vibrant Architect and builder to work with.
The very first structure that will go on my lot is a 20 foot container. As an example.

I don't blame you, we have to start exploring and bringing new ideas we have come across in our journey for the improvement of our country.
I am surely waiting for the implementation of the aluminium parapet and may be someday a fiber products parapets.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 4:48am On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=Empiree post=29891934][/quote]

Fiberglas is almost so 90's now and you can now print some stuff on

http://www.traditional-building.com/Newsletters-2013/SPR-TB_OCTOBER_15_2013.html

http://www.afcornice.com

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 4:56am On Jan 18, 2015
CityNG:

http://www.traditional-building.com/Newsletters-2013/SPR-TB_OCTOBER_15_2013.html

Good example, my brother...

Hajji M.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 5:35am On Jan 18, 2015
@Empiree
Here is some info I dug out about Aluminium Parapet.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Empiree: 5:42am On Jan 18, 2015
^ Haji mufutau55, so aluminum parapet is actually spreading in nija. Looks really nice up there. Sounds like more options are setting. Thanks. Really appreciate Aluminum (parapet) company you provided.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Empiree: 5:48am On Jan 18, 2015
CityNG:

Thanks. is this product also available in nija?. Any idea of the price?
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Empiree: 6:05am On Jan 18, 2015
mufutau55:

Sorry.. I don't mean glass per say...

Hajji M.
Yea, i understood this
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 18, 2015
Empiree:
Thanks. is this product also available in nija?. Any idea of the price?

I'm sure it is available but I can't really tell as I haven't started construction yet.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
We are still busy with the electrical wires of this house, work to be completed soon. Extending power plugs for the washing machine.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Distribution board. .....

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
Gate man post in progress. ......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
You might remember these my workers if you've been around for some time in my projects. These are the same guys that finished the Port Harcourt mansion.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
They will be unleashing their expertise in the completion of this house. ......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 9:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
spyder880:
Gate man post in progress. ......

Care to share the floor plan of this Gate House and the measurements? Some of my soon to-do list. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Rexnegro(m): 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
spyder880:
More images from the top
Bro pls how much did u pay the carpenter for the wood placing for d decking ? Am asking because d carpenter we called for ours says he will collect 350,000k for his workmanship imagine.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by mufutau55(m): 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Rexnegro:

Bro pls how much did u pay the carpenter for the wood placing for d decking ? Am asking because d carpenter we called for ours says he will collect 350,000k for his workmanship imagine.

LOL! Does that N350K include the wood itself?

Hajji M.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Rexnegro(m): 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
mufutau55:

LOL! Does that N350K include the wood itself?

Hajji M.
Nooo just his workmanship o... He was saying , lintex , decking alone o for 350k o without roofing o . Make I show u d site

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
mufutau55:

Care to share the floor plan of this Gate House and the measurements? Some of my soon to-do list. Thanks.

Hajji M.

You're going to do a gateman house? shocked
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by FastShipping: 10:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
CityNG:

You're going to do a gateman house? shocked

Imagine that! Gateman house for God sake! Alhaji should be different from our guys back home but I have to give him benefit of the doubt because I don't see Alhaji doing such thing. Construction of my house is currently going on in Nigeria and the engineer is a nairalander too. The guy was telling me about building a gateman house and I was surprised when he said it. I told him pointblank that I don't need such things. The guy was saying it like it is a must. Even billionaires in the U.S have no gatemen.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Empiree: 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
^^^ If you dont need it is fine. Why must you be compelled?. I dont get that. Sometimes it's disgusting but if you can handsomely spend substantial $$ on it, with good design like K1's gate house that''s cool. I really love that one.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
FastShipping:

Imagine that! Gateman house for God sake! Alhaji should be different from our guys back home but I have to give him benefit of the doubt because I don't see Alhaji doing such thing. Construction of my house is currently going on in Nigeria and the engineer is a nairalander too. The guy was telling me about building a gateman house and I was surprised when he said it. I told him pointblank that I don't need such things. The guy was saying it like it is a must. Even billionaires in the U.S have no gatemen.

I think Hajji, from readings on here, has sojourned in the US like me for a while, I really want to understand the decision process as I'm very curious.

We also have to define the purpose/requirement of the Gateman. Is he a security guard, a receptionist or just a manual gate opening device?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? / Fabrication of Quality Aluminium windows,Railings,Doors Made Easy•Casement••✓ / Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.