Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. (77330 Views)

Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 8:53am On Dec 10, 2014
Our work here today, includes the preparations for the casting of pillars for the soakaway and then plastering the insides. Work on the plumbing piping is ongoing.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
Yesterday, we cast all 6 pillars in this soakaway system and completed the plastering on one side, the septic tank

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
We have also been buying plumbing piping accessories. ......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
We have been working on some bathrooms. .....

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
More bathrooms ongoing now. .......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
Carpenters have completed their works here.........

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
Then the iron works, note that we closed the gaps, this is 2" x 2" mat we used here.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
Pictures of the completed soak away system in this site.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Plumbing piping works. ........

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hot and cold water lines in the bathrooms, plumbing works for the washing machine.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
High quality copper pipes and fittings used.........

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 5:30am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello friends, 
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014. 

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation in 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt. 

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site. 

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one. 

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learnt a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland. 

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalising some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity. 

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients. 

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I llan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings. 

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all. 

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.

3 Likes

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 7:10am On Jan 03, 2015
Preparations for the electrical wiring and plastering works for this house in progress. .....
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by elvis07: 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
Pls can we now have d stage by stage breakdown of each stage bcus dats wat encourages most pple here.tnks
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Freciprocal: 9:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
Patiently awaiting updates...
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
We are starting with the electrical wires for this house this new week. I will be in the market to buy good quality wires for the house. More updates tomorrow.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Onakomaya: 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
Good work Spyder..love the way u are educating our clients and junior Engineers on this forum. i wonder y some of our senior professional colleagues believes in hiding building procedures from their clients and junior engineers as the case may be...good work once again.. i have recommended this forum to my Pupil Engineers, Engineers Corp Members and IT students in my office..they will learn here..cos i teach mostly designing and drafting in my office. best regard Spyder...Engr. A.L Onakomaya, NSE, COREN
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
We just bought the first batch of electrical wires for use in this house wiring. ......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
These are some of the most expensive Nigerian cables in the market today, CUTIX cables......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by twinskenny(m): 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
spyder880:
These are some of the most expensive Nigerian cables in the market today, CUTIX cables......

this year i dey expect invitation oo

CCTV, ACCESS CONTROL, SATELLITE TV, DATA & VOICE

happy new year boss. and better year ahead
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 7:48am On Jan 14, 2015
twinskenny:

this year i dey expect invitation oo

CCTV, ACCESS CONTROL, SATELLITE TV, DATA & VOICE

happy new year boss. and better year ahead

My man! cheesy I am also hoping that we work together in this new year, I will be looking out for deals that match your criteria. This house is only for commercial residential purposes.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by twinskenny(m): 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
spyder880:

My man! cheesy I am also hoping that we work together in this new year, I will be looking out for deals that match your criteria. This house is only for commercial residential purposes.

Thank you sir... really expecting
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
We have started buying materials for the plastering and dressing of this house, even as we are working on the electrical wires. Full plastering works are planned to commence sometimes this weekend. As always, we are poised to make this a finish to remember.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
We have cleared out the rooms in this house.........

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
We are wiring this house......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 4:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
Drawing the wires......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
spyder880:
We have cleared out the rooms in this house.........

Concrete (pun) proof that (in most cases) the interior walls are just dividers even though made of brick.

One day an enterprising person will device a better (in my opinion) method. Maybe a preconfigured section if brick, who knows.

On the overall though the structure is looking real good.

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by Onakomaya: 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
spyder880:
Drawing the wires......

@Spyder880, I advise u secure the flat with external metal door and window burglary b4 drawing electrical cables cos of security..
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
Onakomaya:

@Spyder880, I advise u secure the flat with external metal door and window burglary b4 drawing electrical cables cos of security..

Its true, but I have made security arrangements for that.
Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
Raising the walls of the gate house......

Re: Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. by spyder880(m): 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
Materials arriving for the plastering of this house.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? / Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? / Fabrication of Quality Aluminium windows,Railings,Doors Made Easy•Casement••✓

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.