Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. (41286 Views)

16 Female Patients Accuse Nigerian Doctor Of Sexual Assault / Doctor Of Optometry / Is Community Pharmacy The Only "lucrative Aspect Of Pharmacy"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by deols(f): 9:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
The year is 2058. I see a man in a security personnel garb with a tag, Consultant gateman. He works in a teaching hospital and the Union of teaching hospital gatemen just won a lawsuit. They are afteral doctors, like the nurses and pharmacists. Cleaners are now directors and orderlies run the board meetings.

On a serious note,I believe pharmacists,nurses,etc should be taught 2 have a sense of pride in their professions. The run after titles should b discouraged and good attitude to work emphasized.

3 Likes

Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Pennywise(m): 9:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
adeola_drg:
And u're not the first medic to diss me about been a student on NL. \ This is the third university I've enrolled in, I've never thought about medicine, neither have I ever filled medicine on any form. If I come back to this world 100 times, I'll become a pharmacist over and over and over again. The fight is almost over I tell you

@Topic, policy makers should put the needs of the nation and her citizens first. Bogus academic programs cannot and should not be used as a tool to secure undeserved advantage. People's lives are involved.

NUC should take responsibility for its indecision. It should be seen in its pronouncements to be above the murky waters of unprofessional trade union politics.
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Pennywise(m): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
zeezahbee: Pennywise, you seriously need help. Are you ok? So everyone must study medicine to be successful in life. You are a kid, juvenile brain. It is you that will not find fulfillment at all. You only ranting and saying rubbish here and all your post are contradictory. Be careful ok

Juvenile is good.
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by zeezahbee(f): 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pennywise:

@Topic, policy makers should put the needs of the nation and her citizens first. Bogus academic programs cannot and should not be used as a tool to secure undeserved advantage. People's lives are involved.

NUC should take responsibility for its indecision. It should be seen in its pronouncements to be above the murky waters of unprofessional trade union politics.
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by adeoladrg(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pennywise:

Don't quote me ever in ur life again.. I'm out of here.

1 Like

Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by zeezahbee(f): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
deols: The year us 2058 I see a man in a security peesonnel garb with a tag, Consultant gateman. He works in a teaching hospital and the Union of teaching hospital gatemen just won a lawsuit. They are afteral doctors, like the nurses and pharmacists. Cleaners are now directors and orderlies run the board meetings.

On a serious note,I believe pharmacists,nurses,etc should be taught 2 have a sense or of pride in their professions. The run after titles should b discouraged and good attitude to work emphasized.
Chaiii, you need E-slap seriously. where are you coming from? Try read this thread from the beginning and understand no one is asking for a title. I wont say so much to you but read other post and assimilate before you reply ok.
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by youngRx(m): 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
nigeria my country.....ur health sector is a colosal failure!!. see d nonsense our so called literates are pouring. for crying out loud ws it nigerian pharmacists dt brought d idea of pharm.D??.....is nigeria d first contry to start pharm.D??.... for God sake dis pharm.D hs been in existence since d 90's. INTELLECTUAL people wit good intention of mkin dier health sector beta sat down and decided dt one way to do dt ws to introduce pharm.D yet u all wnt to crucify d nig pharmacists for sumtin dt is an international norm. even ghana dt use to follow our lead hs started d program b4 us. if d program were such a useless idea as u all tink it is y den is it pratice in many countries all ova d world?...including d India we all run to for treatments?? ....no wonder our health sector is among d 1st five worst in Africa. d educated illiterates in it are too much.......

1 Like

Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by adeoladrg(m): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
youngRx: nigeria my country.....ur health sector is a colosal failure!!. see d nonsense our so called literates are pouring. for crying out loud ws it nigerian pharmacists dt brought d idea of pharm.D??.....is nigeria d first contry to start pharm.D??.... for God sake dis pharm.D hs been in existence since d 90's. INTELLECTUAL people wit good intention of mkin dier health sector beta sat down and decided dt one way to do dt ws to introduce pharm.D yet u all wnt to crucify d nig pharmacists for sumtin dt is an international norm. even ghana dt use to follow our lead hs started d program b4 us. if d program were such a useless idea as u all tink it is y den is it pratice in many countries all ova d world?...including d India we all run to for treatments?? ....no wonder our health sector is among d 1st five worst in Africa. d educated illiterates in it are too much.......

Spot on bro! Spot on!

3 Likes

Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Pennywise(m): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
adeola_drg:

Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by drered(m): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pennywise:

There I was thinking I was talking to an intellectually sound person.
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by adeoladrg(m): 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pennywise:

You can now move on with ur life!!
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Pennywise(m): 10:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
drered: There I was thinking I was talking to an intellectually sound person.
Now you know.
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by zeezahbee(f): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pennywise:
Rehab? Nope. Thanks. I found myself a scapegoat. This one will do.
Penny, its so obvious you are pained. You and your family never tasted medicine or even pharmacy. You can't get there NEVER, from the beginning of your post, I knew your got pain in your heart, I can understand. I know you can never quote me because I won't take it likely with you.
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by adeoladrg(m): 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
zeezahbee: Penny, its so obvious you are pained. You and your family never tasted medicine or even pharmacy. You can't get there NEVER, from the beginning of your post, I knew your got pain in your heart, I can understand. I know you can never quote me because I won't take it likely with you. Numb skull.

Just ignore him plsss
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by NaMe4: 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
Na wa o. U guys take it easy nah!
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by evanscheck(m): 11:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ulonwadi:

In naija? which yeye certificate on the line? When a doctor makes a mistake its only that patient that is affected meanwhile the actions of one pharmacist can kill hundreds as was seen in the "my pikin" teething mixture saga
may God bless the source your school fees came from you did not waste it, nice one
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Pennywise(m): 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
I have no wish to burst your bubble. But to all the aspiring pharmD and second rate intellectually bereft pharmacists on this thread who feel they are nothing without a doctor tag I am afraid u will forever remain nothing. U cannot be redeemed.

The NUC will have no choice but to do the right thing. The concession that was extracted in the dark has come to light and a lot of interested parties are going to weigh in this time.

Undergraduate PharmD is an abuse to the doctor tag. If u are a pharmacist who want to be called doctor, get a PHD or a post graduate pharmD. Everybody cannot be a doctor full stop.

A doctor tag cannot clean the rot and intellectual decay among so called pharmacists. The decay that has made them abandon what in other climes is a noble and respectable profession preferring to hire out certificates to illiterates for a fee so that drug stores may be called pharmacies.

I am unaware of any serious drug compounding company local or international that will depend on Nigerian pharmacists. They are brought from without.

Its a pity pharmacy no longer attract the best and brightest but only mediocres as I have seen on this thread. What a shame. Sadly you want to take that same mediocrity to a different profession when u are not fit enough to be pharmacists

A proffessor of pharmacy tries to remove the wool in their eye, but they believe he is doing that bc he doesnt want them to be called 'Dr'. An obvious result of low self esteem.

I just hope and pray that the crowd I have seen here is not a true reflection of today's pharmacists. Your language is poor and unbecoming, grammer is offensive and diction leaves much to be desired.

I wish you luck in your quest to be called doctors.

1 Like

Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Pennywise(m): 11:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
zeezahbee: Penny, its so obvious you are pained. You and your family never tasted medicine or even pharmacy. You can't get there NEVER, from the beginning of your post, I knew your got pain in your heart, I can understand. I know you can never quote me because I wont take it likely with you

I see u have been trying to get my attention. Now u have it.
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by adeoladrg(m): 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Better ignored. U're entitled to ur opinion after all buh ur opinion might not matter this time.. Wrong wrong wrong info there! Misconstrued thinking, seems not to even be a doctor. Time wasted.
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by evanscheck(m): 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
T
Pennywise: I have no wish to burst your bubble. But to all the aspiring pharmD and second rate intellectually bereft pharmacists on this thread who feel they are nothing without a doctor tag I am afraid u will forever remain nothing. U cannot be redeemed.

The NUC will have no choice but to do the right thing. The concession that was extracted in the dark has come to light and a lot of interested parties are going to weigh in this time.

Undergraduate PharmD is an abuse to the doctor tag. If u are a pharmacist who want to be called doctor, get a PHD or a post graduate pharmD. Everybody cannot be a doctor full stop.

A doctor tag cannot clean the rot and intellectual decay among so called pharmacists. The decay that has made them abandon what in other climes is a noble and respectable profession preferring to hire out certificates to illiterates for a fee so that drug stores may be called pharmacies.

I am unaware of any serious drug compounding company local or international that will depend on Nigerian pharmacists. They are brought from without.

Its a pity pharmacy no longer attract the best and brightest but only mediocres as I have seen on this thread. What a shame. Sadly you want to take that same mediocrity to a different profession when u are not fit enough to be pharmacists

A proffessor of pharmacy tries to remove the wool in their eye, but they believe he is doing that bc he doesnt want them to be called 'Dr'. An obvious result of low self esteem.

I just hope and pray that the crowd I have seen here is not a true reflection of today's pharmacists. Your language is poor and unbecoming, grammer is offensive and diction leaves much to be desired.

So in ur proffession, there is no quack doctors abi, do u know how many I encounter everyday, when there is emergency they all go into hidding. From the look of this, I dnt think u have graduated,let me guess, u shud be writting ur first mb. My advice u shud go and study hard. And leave the politics of the health sector until when u are old enough. Kapish
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by dumodust(m): 11:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
the usual weeping thread by low esteem people...smh
please if since 1960 the pharmacists are still squabbling about their degrees then its a problem and a shame if after all these years of development, you guys dont even know your exact job description.
- and besides that, a 300level student that hasnt read his book well, comes here talking about the field and work experience it's young excited people obviously bereft of knowledge like the op(in his 3rd consecutive university) that go about causing confusion because of little knowledge and understanding which is dangerous on the long run. please face you bpharm, pharmd or whatever confused name you want to call yourself and leave doctors out of it... if nuc denies u, find the real reasons without unnecesary paranoia. what we are interested in is if u're well trained and if you are to converse with your peers from around the world, will you make sense
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Shori(m): 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pennywise: I have no wish to burst your bubble. But to all the aspiring pharmD and second rate intellectually bereft pharmacists on this thread who feel they are nothing without a doctor tag I am afraid u will forever remain nothing. U cannot be redeemed.

... I hope and pray you quit displaying your tomfoolery on a forum like nairaland or any other social network. Why is it so hard for you to see beyond the ''Dr'' tag thing? It's ''professor'' not 'proffessor' and ''grammar'' not ''grammer''! ...and your punctuation is awful. Work on that lad!
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by adeoladrg(m): 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
dumodust: the usual weeping thread by low esteem people...smh
please if since 1960 the pharmacists are still squabbling about their degrees then its a problem and a shame if after all these years of development, you guys dont even know your exact job description.
- and besides that, a 300level student that hasnt read his book well, comes here talking about the field and work experience it's young excited people obviously bereft of knowledge like the op(in his 3rd consecutive university) that go about causing confusion because of little knowledge and understanding which is dangerous on the long run. please face you bpharm, pharmd or whatever confused name you want to call yourself and leave doctors out of it... if nuc denies u, find the real reasons without unnecesary paranoia. what we are interested in is if u're well trained and if you are to converse with your peers from around the world, will you make sense

What is this confused one saying? You mean u were not smart enough to comprehend all I've said including the article on the FP? I'm not surprised..
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Pennywise(m): 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Shori: ... I hope and pray you quit displaying your tomfoolery on a forum like nairaland or any other social network. Why is it so hard for you to see beyond the ''Dr'' tag thing? It's ''professor'' not 'proffessor' and ''grammar'' not ''grammer''! ...and your punctuation is awful. Work on that lad!

So na only you waka come? Is that all u can figure out in a whole epistle. I urge u to try harder. In the meantime clap for yourself
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by adeoladrg(m): 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Shori: ... I hope and pray you quit displaying your tomfoolery on a forum like nairaland or any other social network. Why is it so hard for you to see beyond the ''Dr'' tag thing? It's ''professor'' not 'proffessor' and ''grammar'' not ''grammer''! ...and your punctuation is awful. Work on that lad!

Pls ignore the ignorant fellow. God bless you!
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Shori(m): 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pennywise:

So na only you waka come? Is that all u can figure out in a whole epistle. I urge u to try harder.
I only pick up ''sense'' from posts and jettison the crap there! I hope you're sensible enough to get the message. . . Au revoir!
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Pennywise(m): 12:01am On Jun 30, 2014
Shori: I only pick up ''sense'' from posts and jettison the crap there! I hope you're sensible enough to get the message. . . Au revoir!
Are u sure u fully understand what is written there dr Shori?
Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by evanscheck(m): 12:02am On Jun 30, 2014
dumodust: the usual weeping thread by low esteem people...smh

Hahahaha, I laugh in greek. One day pharmacist and pharmacy wud go on strike like as u do and u wud see the importance of us. We the heart beat in the health care sector, have u imagine a day where no drug store neither wud the companies open.imagine how it wud look like, after doing ur guess work diagnosis and then u sit and encourage the patient to go and pray. Respect is reciprocal and when u dont give it u wud never recieve it. Learn to give one.

2 Likes

Re: Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. by Pennywise(m): 12:10am On Jun 30, 2014
evanscheck:

Hahahaha, I laugh in greek. One day pharmacist and pharmacy wud go on strike like as u do and u wud see the importance of us. We the heart beat in the health care sector, have u imagine a day where no drug store neither wud the companies open.imagine how it wud look like, after doing ur guess work diagnosis and then u sit and encourage the patient to go and pray. Respect is reciprocal and when u dont give it u wud never recieve it. Learn to give one.

We know the real pharmacists when we see them. And we respect them. But we also know the ambitious usurpers like you and we know how to deal with you too. Face it. Your certificate is useless outside this country. That is what u should consider striking over.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

FG Converts NYSC Camps, Stadia To Coronavirus Isolation Centres / I Don’t Want To Die Like This – Woman Shot, Abandoned At Luth By SARS (Pic) / Baby With 4 Legs, 2 Genitals Born In Katsina (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.