Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (484075 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by MhissIfe(f): 5:57pm On May 07, 2017
Its best to buy about to mate(gilts is what they are called) and you need a training about how to care for them if you want to make profit.
Pls am looking to start something small in this line of piggery. My location is Kaduna, are there places I could get pregnant sows or about to mate to buy around Kaduna? Here is my no pls if u have info wch wud be of huge help to me:- 07037999416.[/quote]
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 7:41pm On May 07, 2017
MhissIfe:
I agree with you, with proper feeding, 50-65 kg within 6-7 months.

Sometimes what is difficult for one person might be easier for another person.

Consequently, the gestation period of pig is always 113-115 days, which is almost 4 months before the nursing period.

Also, 8 months is too much to reach market size for a well fed pig. Though market size varies.

Good market sizes for pigs starts from 50kg upwards

Hmmm.... He is a newbie; test-running is deadly. He needs to learn.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 7:44pm On May 07, 2017
MhissIfe:
How many productive cycle? I mean how many years do those sows produce?

d

You mate them till you are tired or till their production levels drop..... But d beauty is that with each farrowing, they keep adding serious weight.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Pearse1: 8:05am On May 08, 2017
smithsammy:
Who in the house rears pig at oke-aro piggery village here?
I do
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Hollawayn05(m): 1:24pm On May 08, 2017
hello.... I urgently need about 40 growers around ibadan, if u get, kindly email me on olawayn@gmail.com
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 8:52pm On May 08, 2017
Hollawayn05:
hello....
I urgently need about 40 growers around ibadan,
if u get, kindly email me on olawayn@gmail.com
I have the best growers in my farm , but it seems your email add the is not correct , you can call me on 08172727350 so we can talk more. Adeyinka
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 8:56pm On May 08, 2017
LANDOS4RE4:
How many plots of land do i need to start 50 pigs business?
it depends on the kind of business you intend to do.. Fattening or production? Let us know so we can tell you size of land and number of pens you will build on it
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Slimchubby: 9:38pm On May 08, 2017
Hi guys, pls am looking for pig farm in Kaduna where I could buy good breeds.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by agboolawole: 9:19am On May 09, 2017
Hollawayn05:
hello....
I urgently need about 40 growers around ibadan,
if u get, kindly email me on olawayn@gmail.com

I have a good number of weaners and growers in Ibadan yoi can get up to 150. Great for breeding and fattening.
My male is a cambourough from SA and we have been breeding for almost 3 years. Very good stock.
You can send a mail to agboolawole@yahoo.com or call 08091234967

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 5:17pm On May 09, 2017
I have quality hybrid growers for sale: Large white vs Landrace and Large black vs Large white offsprings. Contact me if u r interested.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 5:22pm On May 09, 2017
Pics.

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Timm: 11:51am On May 11, 2017
Please I need 5 pig tip drinkers, am based in Mojoda, Epe. I can be contacted on +234 703 513 1044. Thank you.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Timm: 11:55am On May 11, 2017
Please who can anyone recommend where I can get a reliable exotic breed of pure camborough and large white, about to cross . I need 2 gilts each for camborough and large white and one camborough boar. I plan to stock my farm within the next 5 weeks.

My farm is located around Epe axis.

Thank you
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by afrika4real(m): 12:37pm On May 11, 2017
Pls I need 4 about to mate in Ibadan as urgent as you can get by the end of this month May. 08038400260
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by akpaaba: 2:39pm On May 11, 2017
I am interested in going into buying and selling of Pigs and i need somebody to put me through from the scratch. Are you into Pig marketing big time? Fellow Nairalanders, I need your assistance please help your brother. I am currently located in Aba. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 8:17pm On May 11, 2017
akpaaba:
I am interested in going into buying and selling of Pigs and i need somebody to put me through from the scratch. Are you into Pig marketing big time? Fellow Nairalanders, I need your assistance please help your brother. I am currently located in Aba. Thanks

I'm not into pig buying, but I raise pigs and sell, I'm located in umuahia
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Kennethblake: 8:34pm On May 11, 2017
I have a spent grain for pig feed,very proteintous.08062900747 ........for more information.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by akpaaba: 8:37pm On May 11, 2017
vickifeanyi47:

I'm not into pig buying, but I raise pigs and sell, I'm located in umuahia

Thanks. Can you introduce me to some of your large quantity buyers. I will appreciate.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by GHOSTFARMER: 1:38pm On May 12, 2017
Please house what is the average price of pig per kg now.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TOLUWAYEMI(m): 3:45pm On May 12, 2017
Kennethblake:
I have a spent grain for pig feed,very proteintous.08062900747 ........for more information.
Your location and price per tonnage sir?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2017
akpaaba:

Thanks. Can you introduce me to some of your large quantity buyers. I will appreciate.

I don't sell to large quantity buyers I sell directly to butchers around my locality
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Timm: 5:35pm On May 13, 2017
Please who can anyone recommend where I can get a reliable exotic breed of pure camborough and large white, about to cross . I need 2 gilts each for camborough and large white and one camborough boar. I plan to stock my farm within the next 5 weeks.

My farm is located around Epe axis.

Thank you
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Timm: 5:36pm On May 13, 2017
Please I need 5 pig tip drinkers, am based in Mojoda, Epe. I can be contacted on +234 703 513 1044. Thank you.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Iam4realthough(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2017
For all the newbies stumbling on this thread like myself & wishing to venture into piggery, my advice is go start reading from page 1. Ask your questions when you get to the last page. A big thanks to all the Ogas that have not been stingy with their knowledge & experience over the years - Lagbaja, Dejia, Femu, Ops and more recently dynamix101, adeyinkapiggs, FashPet, tayo52 and sinaakinsanya, may God keep blessing you all.
Oga Lagbaja posted this feed formulation 3yrs ago & costed it at about N30 per kilo.

50% of cassava ( I buy them Fresh, break them into chips, dry and store them)
30% pkc
10% GNC( groundnut meal) or SBM (soyabean meal)
6% blood meal
2.5%. Oyster shell/bone meal/ lime stone
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix
0.03% (3g per 1kg bakers Yeast) ( probiotic)
0.1% H-Plus from Animalcare

Now to my questions

1- would this formulation still give optimal growth today?

2- If costed today, how much would it be per kilo

3- Would this formulation be good for exotic weaners ?

4- Can this formulation serve through all the stages till they are ready to be served ?

There is still a million questions to go but I'll look forward to your honest response or if there is a better more cost effective formulation for optimal growth pls point me in the right direction
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 3:58pm On May 15, 2017
GHOSTFARMER:
Please house what is the average price of pig per kg now.

Average price in Lagos and ogun state axis is 460-470/kg
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by FashPet(m): 4:07pm On May 15, 2017
Iam4realthough:
For all the newbies stumbling on this thread like myself & wishing to venture into piggery, my advice is go start reading from page 1. Ask your questions when you get to the last page. A big thanks to all the Ogas that have not been stingy with their knowledge & experience over the years - Lagbaja, Dejia, Femu, Ops and more recently dynamix101, adeyinkapiggs, FashPet, tayo52 and sinaakinsanya, may God keep blessing you all.
Oga Lagbaja posted this feed formulation 3yrs ago & costed it at about N30 per kilo.

50% of cassava ( I buy them Fresh, break them into chips, dry and store them)
30% pkc
10% GNC( groundnut meal) or SBM (soyabean meal)
6% blood meal
2.5%. Oyster shell/bone meal/ lime stone
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix
0.03% (3g per 1kg bakers Yeast) ( probiotic)
0.1% H-Plus from Animalcare

Now to my questions

1- would this formulation still give optimal growth today?

2- If costed today, how much would it be per kilo

3- Would this formulation be good for exotic weaners ?

4- Can this formulation serve through all the stages till they are ready to be served ?

There is still a million questions to go but I'll look forward to your honest response or if there is a better more cost effective formulation for optimal growth pls point me in the right direction

The formulation will work for exotic breed. I'll later get back to you on the costing per kg because it's when farm is small that one takes costing of feeds per kg but it's a good thing to have the records intact and do proper calculation

Pigs are of different stages and they're fed with different formulations based on the stages. Also also one must consider the purposes. If you're raising for slaughter,your whole mind concentration would be on maximum weight that will fetch you enough money.
Many farmers are lazy to have different formulations for their pigs which is not too good. Let me give this instance. If you feed your farrowing pigs with too much protein and fat, they get so much weight and fat which can be dangerous to the piglets when they Farrow. Some fat ones sleep on the piglets and won't stand unless someone intervenes and some piglets die because of this while some get handicapped.
Therefore, you need watch the concentrate and the quantity of feed you give at each stage
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Iam4realthough(m): 10:40pm On May 15, 2017
FashPet:

The formulation will work for exotic breed. I'll later get back to you on the costing per kg because it's when farm is small that one takes costing of feeds per kg but it's a good thing to have the records intact and do proper calculation

Pigs are of different stages and they're fed with different formulations based on the stages. Also also one must consider the purposes. If you're raising for slaughter,your whole mind concentration would be on maximum weight that will fetch you enough money.
Many farmers are lazy to have different formulations for their pigs which is not too good. Let me give this instance. If you feed your farrowing pigs with too much protein and fat, they get so much weight and fat which can be dangerous to the piglets when they Farrow. Some fat ones sleep on the piglets and won't stand unless someone intervenes and some piglets die because of this while some get handicapped.
Therefore, you need watch the concentrate and the quantity of feed you give at each stage

Thanks for the response boss, looking forward to the costing sir. How would you adjust it for the grower stage and onward
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by GHOSTFARMER: 10:10am On May 17, 2017
FashPet:

Average price in Lagos and ogun state axis is 460-470/kg

Thanks sir for the response
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2017
Hello friends, I have some Weaners, about-to -cross/Female and Boar Pigs for sale.

Location is Ota.

You can Call, SMS or WhatsApp 08034209301 for details
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Iam4realthough(m): 2:45pm On May 17, 2017
To all my Masters in the house, greetings. I have a quick question, what would be the space requirement for 30 weaners for fattening
In terms of room size and number Per room before they get to market size
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Letstalk001(m): 1:36am On May 18, 2017
Though am aware this post is a bit old but can anyone help.

How much is a kilo of live pig?

How much can one sell a pig of 90 kilo or 100 kilo ..

I need a response urgently please.... Need to know how to regulate the price of pig....am a new babe....

How do one determine the price to sell his pigs

Want to know how price of pigs are determine ..learnt its by weight but how do you determine the exact monetary figure... Someone should please help

Want to know this so I don't cheat the buyers or get cheated by the buyers.

Will really appreciate any response....God bless
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by PoWConsulting: 8:07am On May 18, 2017
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!
BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase one of the following Business Plans or Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Business plan on Grasscutter farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs. A comprehensive & bankable business plan for prospective entrepreneurs… Call to get the Table of Contents.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked fish…Call to get the Table of Contents.

3. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid Soap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

4. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

5. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

6. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

7. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

8. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging... Plantain Flour Production, Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging, Improved Snail farming, Improved Plantain farming... There's MORE!!!

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information
WhatsApp: +2347039664655
Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities
Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.