Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (482585 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Excelleon: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
I'm not the type that comments much but I think I have to say few things I've learnt in the business.
This is to all those that are interested in starting a pig business: A lot of people here are exploiters, so before you do anything make sure you confirm from different sources. Forget what they tell you and what they show you, a lot will tell you they have pure breeds, a lot will tell you they have pigs with rapid growth...they will reduce age of the pig so you can think they have fast growth, they will even tell you feeding them won't strain your pocket...hmmmm. A lot of people are ready to exploit you at every turn, even those that you'd think are bigger than the little you have... They don't mind adding your 1 thousand to their 10 million. Shine your eyes... Money is not easy to come by these days, don't let anyone take advantage of you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by samtextop: 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
MANTLE111:
hello ,pls I want to create whatapp group for pig breeder if u are interested in the group just click the link thanks https:///CaDhxBlBz4jCkMjhaNvKgw
Pls check the link again, I can't join thru it.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by samtextop: 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
Excelleon:
I'm not the type that comments much but I think I have to say few things I've learnt in the business.
This is to all those that are interested in starting a pig business: A lot of people here are exploiters, so before you do anything make sure you confirm from different sources. Forget what they tell you and what they show you, a lot will tell you they have pure breeds, a lot will tell you they have pigs with rapid growth...they will reduce age of the pig so you can think they have fast growth, they will even tell you feeding them won't strain your pocket...hmmmm. A lot of people are ready to exploit you at every turn, even those that you'd think are bigger than the little you have... They don't mind adding your 1 thousand to their 10 million. Shine your eyes... Money is not easy to come by these days, don't let anyone take advantage of you.

Nice one, do u ve a reliable pig farmers whatsapp link
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 12:45am On Jun 29, 2017
Excelleon:

grin grin Your head dey dia

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by nzeh01(m): 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
[/quote]
lagbaja:
I am into pig farming. Pig farming is one of the most lucrative arms of animal farming. Pigs are highly prolific, giving birth to an average of 10 piglets per farrow. Typically a pig farrows 2.5 times in a year. So in a year, a pig can give birth to about 25 piglets.

The biggest variable cost component in pig farming is feed cost. It accounts for about 70% of the total cost. Your ability to source your feed in a manner that is most cost effective is your success determinant. Typically, pigs have FCR in the range between 2 and 4 depending on the breed and on the feed formulation. FCR means feed conversion ratio. It is a measure of how much kg of feed an animal will eat to produce 1kg of live weight.

This the is formula I adopt for my pigs (Modified for Amino Acid Balancing)

50% of cassava ( I buy them Fresh, break them into chips, dry and store them)
30% pkc
10% GNC( groundnut meal) or SBM (soyabean meal)
6% blood meal
2.5%. Oyster shell/bone meal/ lime stone
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix
0.03% (3g per 1kg bakers Yeast) ( probiotic)
0.1% H-Plus from Animalcare

The above feed formulation will cost you about N30 per kilo. 1kg of live pig is sold for between N280 and N300. If your pig consumes 3kg of feed to give 1 kg of meat, It means that it will cost you N90 to produce 1kg of live weight. Therefore you make a gross margin of N300 - N90= N210.

The other component of pig farming that is capital intensive is their housing. Pig housing has to be properly planed according to the number of pigs you intend to grow. You need to decide whether you want to do batch (all in all out) or continuos pig production (first in first out).

The biggest pig farm in west Africa is at oke aro , Agege. Another one is at Gberigbe Ikorodu. Accomodation costs at this locations are very high. I will advice you to site your pig pen close to where you can get cheap land and source raw materials at low price. Eg cassava plantations.

Technology application will greatly hep you in your pig farming. Fr example using, pig ni.ppl.es (see picture below) will ensure that you deliver constant and clean water to your pigs , it will also reduce labor requirements. You also need to construct a manure allay within your pig house so that when they poo poo, you can flush it away via the manure allay ( the manure allay is like a gutter).

[b][quote author=lagbaja post=24350770]I am into pig farming. Pig farming is one of the most lucrative arms of animal farming. Pigs are highly prolific, giving birth to an average of 10 piglets per farrow. Typically a pig farrows 2.5 times in a year. So in a year, a pig can give birth to about 25 piglets.

The biggest variable cost component in pig farming is feed cost. It accounts for about 70% of the total cost. Your ability to source your feed in a manner that is most cost effective is your success determinant. Typically, pigs have FCR in the range between 2 and 4 depending on the breed and on the feed formulation. FCR means feed conversion ratio. It is a measure of how much kg of feed an animal will eat to produce 1kg of live weight.

30% pkc
6% blood meal
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix

The above feed formulation will cost you about N30 per kilo. 1kg of live pig is sold for between N280 and N300. If your pig consumes 3kg of feed to give 1 kg of meat, It means that it will cost you N90 to produce 1kg of live weight. Therefore you make a gross margin of N300 - N90= N210.

The other component of pig farming that is capital intensive is their housing. Pig housing has to be properly planed according to the number of pigs you intend to grow. You need to decide whether you want to do batch (all in all out) or continuos pig production (first in first out).

The biggest pig farm in west Africa is at oke aro , Agege. Another one is at Gberigbe Ikorodu. Accomodation costs at this locations are very high. I will advice you to site your pig pen close to where you can get cheap land and source raw materials at low price. Eg cassava plantations.

Technology application will greatly hep you in your pig farming. Fr example using, pig ni.ppl.es (see picture below) will ensure that you deliver constant and clean water to your pigs , it will also reduce labor requirements. You also need to construct a manure allay within your pig house so that when they poo poo, you can flush it away via the manure allay ( the manure allay is like a gutter).

[/b]
lagbaja:
I am into pig farming. Pig farming is one of the most lucrative arms of animal farming. Pigs are highly prolific, giving birth to an average of 10 piglets per farrow. Typically a pig farrows 2.5 times in a year. So in a year, a pig can give birth to about 25 piglets.

30% pkc
6% blood meal
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by PoWConsulting: 8:10am On Jul 07, 2017
Bonanza!!! With #2,000, Get these Business Plans and Manuals within 30 seconds...

Hello, it’s a season of promo. Get these agribusiness manuals and Business plans for just #2,000. This is the biggest promo in Nigeria. Get these quality, standard and BANKABLE documents within seconds upon payment. Don't let these opportunities pass you by...

1. Business plan on Grasscutter farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs. A comprehensive & bankable business plan for prospective entrepreneurs…

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked fish…

3. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid Soap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

4. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

5. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

6. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

7. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

8. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

9. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging (Instant and Non Instant)

10. Manual on Improved Snail farming

11. Manual on Improved Plantain farming

12. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

13. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless fufu flour

14. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

15. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava starch

16. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

17. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava starch

18. Manual on Instant and Non Instant Plantain Flour

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Note: The Business plan and Business Manuals are results of practical training workshops acquired from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria with their process technologies worth more than #20,000 each.

Let us know if you are interested in purchasing any of the aforementioned documents.

The manuals would be sent to your functional email address/WhatsApp IMMEDIATELY after receipt of payment. It is an automatic response system.

Details of payment method would be sent to you after we have got your confirmation that you want to purchase the documents.

Purchase more than two documents and get one for FREE!!!

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information
WhatsApp: +2347039664655
Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities
Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Sirpc(m): 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hello my able farmers,

Good evening. I intend to start with 62 weaners. At maturity, I will sell 50 of them and keep 10 sows and 2 boar out of the 62 matured pigs started with. Please, as a beginner, is stocking 62 weaners too much?

Thanks for ur response
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
Sirpc:
Hello my able farmers,

Good evening. I intend to start with 62 weaners. At maturity, I will sell 50 of them and keep 10 sows and 2 boar out of the 62 matured pigs started with. Please, as a beginner, is stocking 62 weaners too much?

Thanks for ur response

Once you have the cost of PROPER feeding till market under control you are Ok

2 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Sirpc(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
femu:

Once you have the cost of PROPER feeding till market under control you are Ok

OK. Thank you. Please, like how much can cover its feeding to maturity?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by jerrystone(m): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
Pls is there any fixed or standard price of weaners
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Excelleon: 7:22am On Jul 08, 2017
jerrystone:

The price varies from farmer to farmer. In all just make sure you don't buy expensive weaners, especially for fattening so you don't give both your feeding money and your profit to the seller.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2017
jerrystone:

PRODUCTION COST OF A WEANER

https://no1pigfan./2016/10/18/cost-of-a-weaner-pig/
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ojesco22: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
i wanna sell my pigs nd knw more abt pic business 08166863251
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by MANTLE111: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
gud morning to you all ,to make our discussion more easier u can join our whatapp group by clicking on this link https:///CaDhxBlBz4jCkMjhaNvKgw
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Iam4realthough(m): 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
MANTLE111:
gud morning to you all ,to make our discussion more easier u can join our whatapp group by clicking on this link https:///CaDhxBlBz4jCkMjhaNvKgw

The whatsapp link is not working. Please edit or correct & repost.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Iam4realthough(m): 12:33am On Jul 13, 2017
Please can anyone give me bus direction to Oke Aro pig farm from Berger. It's urgent, I would like to visit first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for your replies
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by pastormakinde(m): 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
please I need more information on how to prepare cassava meal for the pigs. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by pastormakinde(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
Please Mr Dejia, I am Pastormakinde, I also have a pig farm. Can you tell us how to achieve a 80kg live weight in just 7 months? I'll be so glad. thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dongidz: 12:39am On Jul 14, 2017
Exchangelinkltd:
Good day nairaland farmers, pls I need a coco farmer advice to establish on coco farm any help please drop your contact details for me or get back to me on my private mail address ajayiolakunle41@gmail.com or watsap me on 08182019974. Thanks

Call 08101760835
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by salami2008(m): 3:13am On Jul 14, 2017
pastormakinde:

Please Mr Dejia, I am Pastormakinde, I also have a pig farm. Can you tell us how to achieve a 80kg live weight in just 7 months? I'll be so glad. thanks.
I want to confirm to you that it is very possible to achieve 80kg live weight in just 7 months from birth.It is a function of the the breed, feed, feeding pattern and management. On my farm my animals attain 60kg at 5 months due to quality balanced feed and management. The problem with many fellow farmers is that we always believe pig can convert any feed or eat anything provided . Lets have it at the back of our mind that it is garbage in garbage out. If you feed your pig quality balanced feed not quantity you will see good result provided all other factors mentioned above are constant. At present the cost of my weaners feed is N100/Kg many farmers believe such cost is too expensive but i tell you i feed only based on normal body requirement and my pigs convert it very well and attain result within a short period of time. Its not a magic come and see it for yourself, give me a call if your location is Lagos.
Salami Kayode 08038302646
nokas4u@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Hollawayn05(m): 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
Olatunji Ridwan
poultry Expert
Livestock health technologist
General farm Consultation
08022376900 (whatsapp)
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by oikenwe: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
3.35 ton of PKC for sale in Aba.
Call Allwell: 0705 810 3678
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by babakk2(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
IS IT GOOD TO START PIGGERY WITH RENTED PEN

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.