Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678710 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Absolutely! Just let us know at LagosIV@state.gov.
Ma,I have sent an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov.I will be at the embassy this Friday-the 13th day of March 2015.Please ma,how will I identify myself at the entrance to the embassy?Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
onyiblanche:

Ma,I have sent an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov.I will be at the embassy this Friday-the 13th day of March 2015.Please ma,how will I identify myself at the entrance?Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
onyiblanche:

Ma,I have sent an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov.I will be at the embassy this Friday-the 13th day of March 2015.Please ma,how will I identify myself at the entrance to the embassy?Thank you.

I updated our entry list to show your name. Could you tell me what your wife's name should say (just first and middle names, no surnames in public -- or you can e-mail us) so I can correct our records and have the new visa ready for you when you arrive? (You [or she] wrote that we have those names not in the order on the passport.) Also, what's the expiration date on her visa, please? Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hello Ma'am, hope you are doing great? I want to inform you that I picked up my passport from my preferred pick-up location. And I had no hassles whatsoever. You are a blessing Ma'am. Thank you so much and God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
VisaOfficer:

If your family would like to continue with the IR-2 cases, please let us know at LagosIV@state.gov.

Waiver applications take several months to be reviewed. If your stepmother's waiver is granted, we will continue with the case she has now. Please remind her that if she is forthcoming with information her application is more likely to be granted. (Waivers are not automatic.)
. Thank you so much ma, am grateful for your help and info, she told me she has sent a mail to you to go on with our cases, and please like what are those information she needs to come up with ma, thanks so much, and I will like to make it clear that I never meant to be rude to you in any way like someone was insinuating in the other thread ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
bukolacole:
. Thank you so much ma, am grateful for your help and info, she told me she has sent a mail to you to go on with our cases, and please like what are those information she needs to come up with ma, thanks so much, and I will like to make it clear that I never meant to be rude to you in any way like someone was insinuating in the other thread ma.

I didn't think you were rude at all! You have been perfectly lovely since I first "met" you on Nairaland.

I do need to warn you that "continue with your case" means that the officer is going to review it again in light of the information that came up in the IR-1 case. We do need to be sure that you have the relationship with the petitioner that you claim to have. If you do, there's no need to worry, though.

Since you're asking in public, and since this might be useful for other readers: The issue is that she refused to acknowledge that she had ever applied for a visa in the past and that she had used a different name and date of birth. But I was looking right at her photo and fingerprints when she told me this. If she applies for a waiver, but tries to tell USCIS that it's all a mistake and she never applied for a visa before, they're not likely to approve her application because it is absolutely clear that she did indeed apply for a visa using a different identity in the past. Thus it is absolutely in her best interest to be forthcoming about this, rather than to continue to deny that she ever applied before.

It's simply not credible that someone else has the exact same fingerprints that would lead to a photo that looks just like "my" applicant, who has an incredibly similar name, and whose birthday is exactly the same except that the year is slightly different. Being told in the face of all that evidence that she had never applied for a visa before did make me somewhat cranky here on Nairaland, for which I sincerely apologize.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I updated our entry list to show your name. Could you tell me what your wife's name should say (just first and middle names, no surnames in public -- or you can e-mail us) so I can correct our records and have the new visa ready for you when you arrive? (You [or she] wrote that we have those names not in the order on the passport.) Also, what's the expiration date on her visa, please? Thanks!
Ma, thank you for the quick response.The name on her passport is BLANCHE BIH EPSE then surname,ECHI............In that order.The expiration date on her passport is 9th April 2015.Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
onyiblanche:

Ma, thank you for the quick response.The name on her passport is BLANCHE BIH EPSE then surname,ECHI............In that order.The expiration date on her passport is 9th April 2015.Thank you.

My apologies for the misspelling! We've already made the correction and will print the new visa out tomorrow morning, so we can make the swap as quickly as possible for you on Friday.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Chile12: 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Goodday VO,
Please im in a very worried state, my brother wants to adjust his status and was asked for his birth certificate. Now the only birth certificate he has is the one he got from NPC. Can this be submitted to USCIS? He was born in 1987. Please i need advise. He has something like this Below.

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
Chile12:
Goodday VO,
Please im in a very worried state, my brother wants to adjust his status and was asked for his birth certificate. Now the only birth certificate he has is the one he got from NPC. Can this be submitted to USCIS? He was born in 1987. Please i need advise. He has something like this Below.

That model of birth certificate should be fine. No worries!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kino47: 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
VisaOfficer:

We wouldn't have been able to take your fingerprints if your photo hadn't been scanned in, so if you remember your fingerprints being taken, I wouldn't worry about it.
For the record, the worst I think can happen would be waking up from that nightmare I sometimes have that I never actually graduated from secondary school (because I forgot I had signed up for an algebra course...) and finding that it is actually true, but I have a feeling that that's not what you were asking. smiley
VO pardon me please but Memory of this morning incident keeps flashing in my head really affected my day at work today feeling like something might just go wrong may be because i actually told some alarmist that made it look like a big blunder don't know if you can help out on my status.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
kino47:
VO pardon me please but Memory of this morning incident keeps flashing in my head really affected my day at work today feeling like something might just go wrong may be because i actually told some alarmist that made it look like a big blunder don't know if you can help out on my status.

Please send an e-mail to LagosNIV@state.gov and ask them for a status update. If you were informed that the visa would be issued, and soeone took your fingerprints, don't worry.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
VisaOfficer:

My apologies for the misspelling! We've already made the correction and will print the new visa out tomorrow morning, so we can make the swap as quickly as possible for you on Friday.
Okay ma, thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I didn't think you were rude at all! You have been perfectly lovely since I first "met" you on Nairaland.

I do need to warn you that "continue with your case" means that the officer is going to review it again in light of the information that came up in the IR-1 case. We do need to be sure that you have the relationship with the petitioner that you claim to have. If you do, there's no need to worry, though.

Since you're asking in public, and since this might be useful for other readers: The issue is that she refused to acknowledge that she had ever applied for a visa in the past and that she had used a different name and date of birth. But I was looking right at her photo and fingerprints when she told me this. If she applies for a waiver, but tries to tell USCIS that it's all a mistake and she never applied for a visa before, they're not likely to approve her application because it is absolutely clear that she did indeed apply for a visa using a different identity in the past. Thus it is absolutely in her best interest to be forthcoming about this, rather than to continue to deny that she ever applied before.

It's simply not credible that someone else has the exact same fingerprints that would lead to a photo that looks just like "my" applicant, who has an incredibly similar name, and whose birthday is exactly the same except that the year is slightly different. Being told in the face of all that evidence that she had never applied for a visa before did make me somewhat cranky here on Nairaland, for which I sincerely apologize.
. Thanks ma, seems you have gotten her mail has she claimed to have, and on the issue of reviewing our relationship with the petitioner is never a problem, because we are talking of our biological father here. On the issue of my stepmother, I will do all within my capacity to make her be forthcoming ma, Please with the said review, when will the Visas be ready ma?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rayanah100: 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
dear visa officer, I asked my dad about the approval date which you asked me in my earlier email, actually I have not been approved yet and when my dad filed the pettition the nvc only sent a small piece of paper stating that he should wait for their response. now that I have not been approved yet and I turned 21 last month, is there any means in which I can be assisted?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 5:22am On Mar 10, 2015
Hi ma, hope you had a wonderful rest from all our questions. Please, can you tell me if there is any update on our case yet, LGS2014598025. Hoping to hear something soon and make sure we don't need to do anything else. Your God sent the way you tame so much time answering questions. Some of the questions I have to read 3 or 4 times to understand. I don't think I could do your job but your doing a fantastic job.

Nalacandi
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2015
rayanah100:
dear visa officer, I asked my dad about the approval date which you asked me in my earlier email, actually I have not been approved yet and when my dad filed the pettition the nvc only sent a small piece of paper stating that he should wait for their response. now that I have not been approved yet and I turned 21 last month, is there any means in which I can be assisted?

Given your situation, it's actually good that the petition hasn't been approved yet. As long as the petition is approved in time to be scheduled for an interview as soon as the case is current, it's actually in your best interest for the case to remain pending a little bit longer. This is because USCIS doesn't penalize families by counting the time that a petition was pending against them. In other words, if you turn 21 before a visa becomes available, under the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), the time that passed between the date of filing and the date of approval is subtracted from your age; and if your CSPA-corrected age is under 21, you can still move ahead with your case.

Here's the technical part:

The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) amended the Immigration Nationality Act (INA) by changing who qualifies as a child for purposes of immigration. This permits certain beneficiaries to retain classification as a “child,” even if he or she has reached the age of 21.

Age Out
A “child” is defined as an individual who is unmarried and under the age of 21. Before CSPA took effect on August 6, 2002, a beneficiary who turned 21 at any time prior to receiving permanent residence could not be considered a child for immigration purposes. This situation is described as “aging out.” Congress recognized that many beneficiaries were aging out because of large backlogs and long processing times for visa petitions. CSPA is designed to protect a beneficiary’s immigration classification as a child when he or she ages out due to excessive processing times. CSPA can protect “child” status for family-based immigrants, employment-based immigrants, and some humanitarian program immigrants (refugees, asylees, VAWA).

See http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act/child-status-protection-act-cspa for more.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:18am On Mar 10, 2015
nalacandi:
Hi ma, hope you had a wonderful rest from all our questions. Please, can you tell me if there is any update on our case yet, LGS2014598025. Hoping to hear something soon and make sure we don't need to do anything else. Your God sent the way you tame so much time answering questions. Some of the questions I have to read 3 or 4 times to understand. I don't think I could do your job but your doing a fantastic job.

Nalacandi

Thank you! Your case is under active review - there should be some motion on it very soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:19am On Mar 10, 2015
bukolacole:
. Thanks ma, seems you have gotten her mail has she claimed to have, and on the issue of reviewing our relationship with the petitioner is never a problem, because we are talking of our biological father here. On the issue of my stepmother, I will do all within my capacity to make her be forthcoming ma, Please with the said review, when will the Visas be ready ma?

We sent you and your father an e-mail about this yesterday -- please check. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 10:09am On Mar 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

We sent you and your father an e-mail about this yesterday -- please check. Thanks!
Good day ma, it seems my dad got his own, but has not had enough time to go through the DNA instructions. the one you sent to my stepmother was mistakenly deleted, could you please if possible send another e_mail to my stepmother today ma, and please if we start our DNA test by next month due to money constraints, from your experience, what month can we be through with it and are we still going to be scheduled for another interview or the last interview is intact and hope our medical will still be valid till then? Thanks ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rayanah100: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2015
dea visa officer

thank you for the imformation you provided to me, I appreciate a tone.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:10am On Mar 10, 2015
bukolacole:
Good day ma, it seems my dad got his own, but has not had enough time to go through the DNA instructions. the one you sent to my stepmother was mistakenly deleted, could you please if possible send another e_mail to my stepmother today ma, and please if we start our DNA test by next month due to money constraints, from your experience, what month can we be through with it and are we still going to be scheduled for another interview or the last interview is intact and hope our medical will still be valid till then? Thanks ma.

I'm afraid I'm not the person who e-mailed your stepmother. If she has deleted an e-mail from us, please have her check with LagosIV@state.gov to see if it can be retrieved.

Once you have submitted your DNA to the lab, we generally receive the results no more than a month later. If the DNA results are a match, we can proceed with your case without another interview. If they're a match and you're unable to travel before your medical paperwork expires in July, you will need to submit new medical paperwork. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2015
Good morning ma pls I will like to ask if my medical paper work is still valid.. Since ave not been contacted I will like to get a new one to minimize time waste. Thank you

Lgs2014726042.-- DNA issue
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:57am On Mar 10, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:
Good morning ma pls I will like to ask if my medical paper work is still valid.. Since ave not been contacted I will like to get a new one to minimize time waste. Thank you

Lgs2014726042.-- DNA issue

Looks like the medical paperwork expires on March 18.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Looks like the medical paperwork expires on March 18.

That means I have to get a new one.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'm afraid I'm not the person who e-mailed your stepmother. If she has deleted an e-mail from us, please have her check with LagosIV@state.gov to see if it can be retrieved.

Once you have submitted your DNA to the lab, we generally receive the results no more than a month later. If the DNA results are a match, we can proceed with your case without another interview. If they're a match and you're unable to travel before your medical paperwork expires in July, you will need to submit new medical paperwork. Thanks!
. Thank you so much you are blessed ma. merci like the French will say.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
takin35:
V O,pls can i have your line here so as to discuss some issues with you XXXXX.i will be very glad if you can mail me ur line.thanks.

If your issue can't be addressed in public, please e-mail our general mailbox at LagosIV@state.gov. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by takin35(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
Jesus!ok ma thanks.all i wish i can explain verbally.
VisaOfficer:

If your issue can't be addressed in public, please e-mail our general mailbox at LagosIV@state.gov. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
Jesus!ok ma thanks.all i wish i can explain verbally.

Just a gentle note that to Americans, when people say "Jesus!" it sounds like they are swearing / cussing / taking the name in vain. I know it is a prayerful sort of exclamation here, but those of you who travel to the United States may wish to consider breaking the habit to avoid misunderstandings....

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by IyawoToBe(f): 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Just a gentle note that to Americans, when people say "Jesus!" it sounds like they are swearing / cussing / taking the name in vain. I know it is a prayerful sort of exclamation here, but those of you who travel to the United States may wish to consider breaking the habit to avoid misunderstandings....
Lol. My professor mentioned this in my Cross-cultural Psychology class. Am glad an American is attesting to it. wink

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Lol. My professor mentioned this in my Cross-cultural Psychology class. Am glad an American is attesting to it. wink

Honestly I am still startled every time one of my sweetest, most ladylike employees shouts "Jesus Christ!" in the office (which happens almost daily). smiley I am sure I do plenty of unintentional things that are even more startling. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.