Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677264 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 05, 2015
VisaOfficer:

You should just be able to walk right in and say "I am EUma." They can check your identity against your passport. Please let me know if that turns out to be a problem......

Now tell me why I will stop talking about you smiley
I will definitely keep you posted Ma'am. Thank you

Modified: Good to have you back!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:43am On Mar 05, 2015
Dinna99:
Hello VO,please case number LGS2013759003, I went for the interview since May 2013 and was told they will send it back for re-reviewing,whatever that means,and after wards the status has been on administrative processing,please when do I intend to get a reply because my husband has called severally but nothing has changed,please tell me what's going on,thanks in anticipation.

Cases that have been sent for revocation continue to appear in our system as under administrative processing or pending because we don't have the authority to refuse to issue a visa; we only have the authority to recommend that the petition be revoked. So the case remains pending until USCIS makes the decision. Inquiries about such cases should be directly to USCIS. Their website is www.uscis.gov .

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:53am On Mar 05, 2015
Raahym:
Hello VO,

With utmost respect and appreciation i seek your assistance in shedding more light to my situation on the subject matter (Section 221(g) of the United State Immigration act and as it affects my application. I am a married man with a 5 year old girl child. I applied for a US student visa on 2002 and was refused (God knows i have forggotten why) and since that time i have never attempted any visa until 2009 when i got an offer of employment from a sport management firm in SA and i moved there then later took my wife and child with me in 2011. We travelled to the UK in 2013. We tried applying for a US Visa Visa in 2013 and 2014 as tourist but we were refused do to loss of memory on my side as i did forgot to mention that i was refused in 2002 and this counted against us in 2013 and 2014 i suppose.

Later, I got a Shengen Visa to attend an IT conference in Poland which also gave birth to our securing another Schengen Visa for my Family to visit France for the 2014 December holidays to resume work in January 2015.

Without further Ado, i was approved from work to attend a conference in the United Kingdom on IT and i applied alone again for the US visa only to be given a blue form (Form 221(g) herewith attached) that i will be called upon that further verification/investigations needed to be done on my case and this makes me so concerned as i do not know what this really means.

Please i implore you to further explain as to what and why this might be happening in my case and what outcome should i expect. The form is attached.

Hmm, it kind of looks like the officer forgot to specify exactly what's going to happen next. I'd advise you to forward that document to contactus_en_ZA@usvisa-info.com and ask them to ask the Consular officer for clarification. Maybe point out that under "Other" the options are "without further interview" and "case requires further interview," and the officer did not check either box, so it's unclear what the next steps are.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:55am On Mar 05, 2015
Abatoy:
Hi Visa Office, please can you give me an update on my petition. Case number: LGS2015514005.... Thanks Toyin

The case left us on Feb. 26 to be delivered to USCIS with a memo recommending that the underlying petition should be revoked.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mikolo80: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2015
VisaOfficer:

No, at the present time both of our panel physicians are located in Lagos. Please see http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html for their contact information.

thanks .just that i "heard" that it can be done in national hospital abuja
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fyv722: 10:19am On Mar 05, 2015
Dear visa officer, good morning. Please i have a question. Does the payment of $165 Uscis immigrant fee apply to k1 visa holders? I mean the $165 that must be paid before the visa holder travels to the united states. Thank you for your usual assistance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 10:58am On Mar 05, 2015
Hi VO,

Great to have you back. Hope you rested well.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2015
Hello Ma'am,
I am here to make enquiries for my lady friend who had her K1 interview two weeks ago (I posted her question sometime ago)
Ok, after her interview the VO gave her a 221(g) page and asked her to return with her kids' DS-160 confirmation printouts, email printout page of the appointment, her and kids' passports tomorrow. Now she wants to know if that is all she will need? She is most concerned about the email thread from your office requesting that she comes to the consulate. Hope she will be allowed in?
IMO, I believe the email printout will be accepted at the gate however, I know she will be rest assured if she sees your response. Thanks ma'am
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2015
fyv722:
Dear visa officer, good morning. Please i have a question. Does the payment of $165 Uscis immigrant fee apply to k1 visa holders? I mean the $165 that must be paid before the visa holder travels to the united states. Thank you for your usual assistance.

Ah! No, K-1 visas are technicially non-immigrant visas and do not require the $165 fee. I'll remind the officers....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
Euma:
Hello Ma'am,
I am here to make enquiries for my lady friend who had her K1 interview two weeks ago (I posted her question sometime ago)
Ok, after her interview the VO gave her a 221(g) page and asked her to return with her kids' DS-160 confirmation printouts, email printout page of the appointment, her and kids' passports tomorrow. Now she wants to know if that is all she will need? She is most concerned about the email thread from your office requesting that she comes to the consulate. Hope she will be allowed in?
IMO, I believe the email printout will be accepted at the gate however, I know she will be rest assured if she sees your response. Thanks ma'am

She should be allowed in with the e-mail. If you have her case number I can update the system to be sure her name's on the entry list.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Raahym(m): 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
@VisaOfficer,

Thank you for the swift response. If you do not mind what you can do to further advise with the following informations, Passport Number A043888466 and Confirmation No. AA004NSIB8. Please help make further investigations and advice what i really should do as i do not want to forward irrelevant documents to them and also not to further overwhelm the Visa Officer. My email address raheemk@hossportsintl.com

Regards

VisaOfficer:

Hmm, it kind of looks like the officer forgot to specify exactly what's going to happen next. I'd advise you to forward that document to contactus_en_ZA@usvisa-info.com and ask them to ask the Consular officer for clarification. Maybe point out that under "Other" the options are "without further interview" and "case requires further interview," and the officer did not check either box, so it's unclear what the next steps are.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AyoSire: 12:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
Welcome back! I have been refreshing the page to read you response.

My Sister is not at the Embassy today.
She sent a mail to lagosIV@state.gov yesterday, she got a response that her email has been forwarded to the appropriate unit and she should wait for a substantive response.
I will let you know once she gets any other response.

Meanwhile, my brother has an interview next week. From all I read from the thread he has to fill the DS-260/261and bring along the confirmation page. Can I fill it for him as I have all his information with me?

I would also like to know the meaning of "A certified copy of your relative’s passport showing the picture page, biographic data page, and with stamps indicating travel between Nigeria and the United States"
All he has is the photocopy. Does this mean it has to be signed by a lawyer? please help clarify this.

Thank you so much
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! I imagine your sister is here today. Her visa category will change from F1 to F3, and she will need to wait a few years before her case becomes current again. But she will be able to travel with her husband and children, so it will all be worth the wait.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
VisaOfficer:

She should be allowed in with the e-mail. If you have her case number I can update the system to be sure her name's on the entry list.

This is her case number ma'am LGS2014850026
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Raahym(m): 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hello VO,

Sorry passport number amended.

Thank you for the swift response. If you do not mind what you can do to further advise with the following informations, Passport Number A04388466 and Confirmation No. AA004NSIB8. Please help make further investigations and advice what i really should do as i do not want to forward irrelevant documents to them and also not to further overwhelm the Visa Officer. My email address raheemk@hossportsintl.com

Regards

VisaOfficer:

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
AyoSire:
Welcome back! I have been refreshing the page to read you response.

My Sister is not at the Embassy today.
She sent a mail to lagosIV@state.gov yesterday, she got a response that her email has been forwarded to the appropriate unit and she should wait for a substantive response.
I will let you know once she gets any other response.

Meanwhile, my brother has an interview next week. From all I read from the thread he has to fill the DS-260/261and bring along the confirmation page. Can I fill it for him as I have all his information with me?

Yes, but he will be responsible for the accuracy of the form. If anything important is incorrect, he can't say "Well, I wasn't the one who filled it out." smiley

I would also like to know the meaning of "A certified copy of your relative’s passport showing the picture page, biographic data page, and with stamps indicating travel between Nigeria and the United States"
All he has is the photocopy. Does this mean it has to be signed by a lawyer? please help clarify this.

Thank you so much

No, a photocopy is sufficient in this case. If we need more evidence we'll let him know.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
Euma:

This is her case number ma'am LGS2014850026
Thank you

She's already on tomorrow's entry list. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
Raahym:
Hello VO,

Sorry passport number amended.

Thank you for the swift response. If you do not mind what you can do to further advise with the following informations, Passport Number A04388466 and Confirmation No. AA004NSIB8. Please help make further investigations and advice what i really should do as i do not want to forward irrelevant documents to them and also not to further overwhelm the Visa Officer. My email address raheemk@hossportsintl.com

Regards

Sorry, I don't have that sort of relationship with Johannesburg. If I attempted to insert myself into your case, that would be much more impolite than an e-mail from you, the applicant.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Raahym(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
@VisaOfficer

Thank you so much and an email was just sent through from my HR Manager copy of which was sent to me and herewith quoted below please advise:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing on behalf of Mr. Raheem Kuye O. who has been an employee of HOS Sports Resources since 2009 and has earned the position of a Senior IT staff. He has informed the organization on the outcome of his Non-immigrant visa application on the 4th of March,
2015 and we are quite puzzled at same.

In the event of the above we have decided to intervene by further asking for clarification on the attached form 221(g) that was issued to him by the Consular Officer.

We do appreciate a feedback and further advise on same.

Regards

Brenda Bradley
Manager
Human Resources Department
HOS Sports Resources
Johannesburg
Mob: +27 79 924 5244

VisaOfficer:

Sorry, I don't have that sort of relationship with Johannesburg. If I attempted to insert myself into your case, that would be much more impolite than an e-mail from you, the applicant.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Welcome back vo.
Pls. I want to ask if my DNA result have been received lgs2014726042. Thank u
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mabor: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hello ma. Please I am just wondering if you have any update for me. Lgs2013683024. Thanks for your help ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
Lol, no you look so, so beautiful than that. You an angel!!! smiley Anyway, thanks a lot ma and God bless u forever....even thou we can`t see ur face, you `re always blessed!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:
Welcome back vo.
Pls. I want to ask if my DNA result have been received lgs2014726042. Thank u

I have a big stack of DNA envelopes on my desk -- if I don't finish them today, I'll have an update for you tomorrow.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
mabor:
Hello ma. Please I am just wondering if you have any update for me. Lgs2013683024. Thanks for your help ma

No update yet, except that your visa category has changed from CR-1 to IR-1.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
Welcome back mam!

Pls ma i quickly want to confirm from you if my fiance's dad can use his 2013 Tax Clearance Cert that was filled for last year for our I-134 Affidavit of Support? Our K1 case has been forwarded to NVC and my fiance is planning to come with all necessary docs but her dad hasn't file for his last year tax yet.

Also, would my fiance need to fill the I-134 personally too with her tax certificate?

Pls your quick response would be appreciated so as to know if the dad will need speed up his filing for last year's tax.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I have a big stack of DNA envelopes on my desk -- if I don't finish them today, I'll have an update for you tomorrow.

Thank you smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by noberu10: 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
Greetings- My fiance had his second interview today, and was told to pick up his visa next week. He was also given a sheet of paper asking him to pay $165. Since his is K1 that doesn't apply to him right?

Also, the VO didn't request a medical. Just wanted to confirm that as well.

LGS2014618003

Regards
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Arrrgh, sorry about that. Please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov so we can get that fixed for you!
Thank you ma for the prompt reply.I have sent an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov as you said.Waiting to hear from you.Remain blessed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AyoSire: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
Thank you so much, I will ensure I carry him along while filling out the form.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 4:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
You are very welcome back ma, please we have been interviewed two weeks ago, we have also submitted the requested document, but was called to show up tomorrow, not with a mail, please how am I going to be allowed in? Though the Consulate man told me to just tell them he called me at the Visa gate, but for what have read here made me think it will be better to seek clarification ma, or can I forward our case no so that you can include us in the entry list ma?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tunnath: 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
My wife is a dv winner and we've submitted our form to Kentucky since November. ... . Our case number is 2015AF00.......i heard that the interview date always take 3month before it can be out, our interview date is not out by now...Pls hope it will be out by dis month? Thanks VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dinna99: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hello VO,please case number LGS2013759003, I went for the interview since May 2013 and was told they will send it back for re-reviewing,whatever that means,and after wards the status has been on administrative processing,please when do I intend to get a reply because my husband has called severally but nothing has changed,please kindly update me,thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 06, 2015
Hi VO, please i want to find out somthings from you. My husband filled an immigrant visa for which i am processing now and one of the things they asked for is my birth certificate and i don't have it.what i have been using was my baptismal card which just got lost recently. I went to the hospital my mum gave birth to me they issued me a birth certificate through the National Population Service backing it up with my mum's affidavit.Now my question is the birth certificate going to be in my maiden or husbands name since i have done Change of name ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.