Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678776 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Raahym(m): 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
@VisaOfficer,

Thank you so much for the helpful tip.

An email was sent from my HR to the embassy in Johannesburg and a response was received, however the response we still do not understand.
Please find below the email exchanges. Please advise Thank you

Dear Madam,

It was explained to the applicant that his application is under administration. He will be contacted in due course.

Sincerely,

Consular Johannesburg

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 9:25 AM
To: ConsularJohannesburg
Cc: raheemk@hossportsintl.com
Subject: Fwd: Further Clarification (Passport Number A04388466 and Confirmation No. AA004NSIB8)

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing on behalf of Mr. Raheem Kuye O. who has been an employee of HOS Sports Resources since 2009 and has earned the position of a Senior IT staff. He has informed the organization on the outcome of his Non-immigrant visa application on the 4th of March,
2015 and we are quite puzzled at same.

In the event of the above we have decided to intervene by further asking for clarification on the attached form 221(g) (herewith
attached) that was issued to him by the Consular Officer.

We do appreciate a feedback and further advise on same.

--
Regards

Brenda Bradley
Human Resources Manager
HOS Sports Resources

VisaOfficer:

Sorry, I don't have that sort of relationship with Johannesburg. If I attempted to insert myself into your case, that would be much more impolite than an e-mail from you, the applicant.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by betterabia: 1:38am On Mar 07, 2015
does anyone know about form f4 us visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sulanpance: 3:44am On Mar 07, 2015
Dear VO,

I really appreciate your good work here as you attend to many question with very simple ways,infact you are really doing a good job.thanks for that,

On my own issue, me and my family Got a B1/B2 visa in 2013 but quite unfortunate we cant make the vacation trip due to my mother inlaw sickness and my wife was very busy with her in the hospital and later to our house for proper care, though my children was not happy for not going on there vacation but nothing they can do because is there grandma. they been to UK, SOUTH AFRICA,TURKEY FOR HOLIDAY BEFORE THE USA vacation visa comes up and am a businessman also very busy.

now I want to know our chance of re-newal ? also

do we qualify for dropbox ?

what is the requirement to attached to our passport for re-newal

do we need to get a doctor report or a writing letter saying the reason for us not using the visa?

also we have a new baby who is a year now did he also qualify for dropbox?.

and how soon can we submit for our drop box?.

thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dear VO. I applied for a visitor visa in september last year to spend the 2014 Christmas with my dad (USC).
my dad got naturalized in 2009 and he has since been processing papers for me, my wife and my two children. I went with every necessary documents bearing in mind that I have a good job with Babcock.
At the interview, the vo did not request for anything other than the question "HAVE YOU TRAVELLED BEFORE" and "DOES YOUR WIFE HAVE A VISA" to which I Gave a negative answer which is the truth. Almost immediately (the interview did not last up to 60seconds) she told me I was not eligible. I assumed it was because I have never travelled before but I did possess all the required documents to make this possible.
I wish to apply again, to visit my dad sometime soon. what should I do to make it possible this time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by biodun2rule247: 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
Good day v.o....please I need ur quick and more explaination on dis my question..1.please can someone appeal against a immigrant denial dat was reccomended to be revoke by uscis..(2).if d answer to question 1 is yes..must d petitioner use d service of an attorney and how long does it take to be book for reaiappointment...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 08, 2015
still expecting your response ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rayanah100: 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
hello visa officer,
I am a kenyan citizen and I turned 21 last month, my us citizen dad filled for me a pettition last year june and he says he still has two more forms to complete, and the nvc is sapposed to send them to him, the nvc asked him to wait and that they will call him, but I already turned 21 and now am over age. how will I be assisted and how long will my process take. thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by boofydon: 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hello V.O
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by boofydon: 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hello V.O, I successfully paid the $165 immigrant fee but couldn't locate the confirmation receipt that was sent to my email address. Must I show an evidence of payment for my green card at the POE? How else can I prove I've paid?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Mrsoshi: 11:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Dear VO,
My husband had his interview for a cr1 visa on March 5, 2015 and was told his case would be sent back to the USA with a recommendation to revoke our petition. I want to know if I as the petitioner and US citizen would be able to go to the embassy in Lagos and ask for a supervisor to review the consular's decision. My husband had a binder full of evidence proving we have a bonafide marriage and with the exception of some pictures the CO did not look at any of it.

In addition is there any way to find
out why he would have come to his decision?
I really feel as though my husband was treated unfairly and the CO told my husband that I should move to Nigeria. Please any assistance U can offer would be appreciated. I will be in Lagos until March 15,2015 and would like to go to the embassy before I leave.
Case #LGS2014716011 Oshinowo
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Mrsoshi: 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
Dear VO,
My husband had his interview for a cr1 visa on March 5, 2015 and was told his case would be sent back to the USA with a recommendation to revoke our petition. I want to know if I as the petitioner and US citizen would be able to go to the embassy in Lagos and ask for a supervisor to review the consular's decision. My husband had a binder full of evidence proving we have a bonafide marriage and with the exception of some pictures the CO did not look at any of it.
The CO told my husband that I should move to Nigeria. I think this was a very inappropriate comment for him to make and would like someone higher up to review not only our case, but the consular's behavior.

Also, we would like to know the reason he came to his decision.

Please any assistance U can offer would be appreciated. I will be in Lagos until March 15,2015 and would like to go to the embassy before I leave.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VCTROKOYE: 12:07am On Mar 09, 2015
VCTROKOYE:
Hi consular officer. I got a mail (DS 261) from NVC concerning my F2B application but surprisingly, my mother has been scheduled for citizenship interview next month being March, 2015. I understand the possibility of me or my petition (my mother) sending a reclassification letter to retain my F2B application. My question now is when should the revocation letter be sent? Is it after my mother's interview or her swearing in? If its after her swearing in, does it mean I'm still qualified under F2B? Again, to which address should the letter be sent? From my calculation, my case will become current in either April or May. So its an advantage to me that the process has already started. I live in Canada. Thanks.

VisaOfficer:
When your mother knows the date of her naturalization, she should contact NVC, inform them that she's about to naturalize on such-and-such a date, and put in a request on your behalf to opt out of the F2B to F1 conversion. The problem is that you may be caught in a (hopefully brief) tangle if the opt out request isn't granted before you come to your interview. Technically, you'll have to be treated as an F1 until the opt out request is granted -- which means that if it isn't granted at the time of your interview, you'll be told your case isn't current yet. But if that happens, just let the Embassy or Consulate know right away when the request is granted, and they'll schedule a new appointment for you. Good luck!

Hi. Please I just want to be sure of the address to send the revocation letter request to. We got the following addresses from the following website.
http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/mexico-mexico-city-field-office
Because she live in US, and I live in Canada even though I come from Nigeria, the following address was used. I want to confirm if that is correct. Please, if it is not correct, can you give me the right contact? Thanks
Mailing Address from the US

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
American Embassy
Department of State
2020 Accra Place
Washington, D.C. 20521-2020
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rayanah100: 7:08am On Mar 09, 2015
hello visa officer,I am a kenyan citizen and I turned 21 last month, my us citizen dad filled for me a pettition last year june and he says he still has two more forms to complete, and the nvc is sapposed to send them to him, the nvc asked him to wait and that they will call him, but I already turned 21 and now am over age. how will I be assisted and how long will my process take?
will I be still counted as an over age? will the child status protection act be able to assiste my case?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:36am On Mar 09, 2015
bukolacole:
. Thanks, please how long will it take for my case and sister's case to be completed after we might have requested you to continue with them? And please how long does it take before my stepmother's case can be waived and revisited, will she use the same case after the waiver has been granted, or she will apply for new one, please how long
does all of these take should in case we want to wait for her?

If your family would like to continue with the IR-2 cases, please let us know at LagosIV@state.gov.

Waiver applications take several months to be reviewed. If your stepmother's waiver is granted, we will continue with the case she has now. Please remind her that if she is forthcoming with information her application is more likely to be granted. (Waivers are not automatic.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:38am On Mar 09, 2015
babbs45:

How do the kids involve apply for a US passport? Must they apply for a consular report of birth abroad to a U.S. citizen, to obtain a US birth cert before they apply for the US Passport?
Appreciate the good work you are doing. Keep it up.

If the children are now adults, they don't need to apply for CRBAs -- just the passports. I'm pretty sure you have to be younger than 18 to apply for a CRBA. They can apply in Abuja or in Lagos by following the instructions at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/acs_abuja_passports.html .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:40am On Mar 09, 2015
Raahym:
@VisaOfficer,

Thank you so much for the helpful tip.

An email was sent from my HR to the embassy in Johannesburg and a response was received, however the response we still do not understand.
Please find below the email exchanges. Please advise Thank you

Dear Madam,

It was explained to the applicant that his application is under administration. He will be contacted in due course.

Sincerely,

Consular Johannesburg

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 9:25 AM
To: ConsularJohannesburg
Cc: raheemk@hossportsintl.com
Subject: Fwd: Further Clarification (Passport Number A04388466 and Confirmation No. AA004NSIB8)

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing on behalf of Mr. Raheem Kuye O. who has been an employee of HOS Sports Resources since 2009 and has earned the position of a Senior IT staff. He has informed the organization on the outcome of his Non-immigrant visa application on the 4th of March,
2015 and we are quite puzzled at same.

In the event of the above we have decided to intervene by further asking for clarification on the attached form 221(g) (herewith
attached) that was issued to him by the Consular Officer.

We do appreciate a feedback and further advise on same.

--
Regards

Brenda Bradley
Human Resources Manager
HOS Sports Resources

It sounds to me like your case is under review, and as soon as whatever information they're verifying has been confirmed, they'll contact you to proceed with the case. I'd tell you not to worry but I know you will -- it's normal. Hang in there.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2015
sulanpance:
Dear VO,

I really appreciate your good work here as you attend to many question with very simple ways,infact you are really doing a good job.thanks for that,

On my own issue, me and my family Got a B1/B2 visa in 2013 but quite unfortunate we cant make the vacation trip due to my mother inlaw sickness and my wife was very busy with her in the hospital and later to our house for proper care, though my children was not happy for not going on there vacation but nothing they can do because is there grandma. they been to UK, SOUTH AFRICA,TURKEY FOR HOLIDAY BEFORE THE USA vacation visa comes up and am a businessman also very busy.

now I want to know our chance of re-newal ? also

do we qualify for dropbox ?

what is the requirement to attached to our passport for re-newal

do we need to get a doctor report or a writing letter saying the reason for us not using the visa?

also we have a new baby who is a year now did he also qualify for dropbox?.

and how soon can we submit for our drop box?.

thanks

These are questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2015
tolarr:
Dear VO. I applied for a visitor visa in september last year to spend the 2014 Christmas with my dad (USC).
my dad got naturalized in 2009 and he has since been processing papers for me, my wife and my two children. I went with every necessary documents bearing in mind that I have a good job with Babcock.
At the interview, the vo did not request for anything other than the question "HAVE YOU TRAVELLED BEFORE" and "DOES YOUR WIFE HAVE A VISA" to which I Gave a negative answer which is the truth. Almost immediately (the interview did not last up to 60seconds) she told me I was not eligible. I assumed it was because I have never travelled before but I did possess all the required documents to make this possible.
I wish to apply again, to visit my dad sometime soon. what should I do to make it possible this time.

These are questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:44am On Mar 09, 2015
biodun2rule247:
Good day v.o....please I need ur quick and more explaination on dis my question..1.please can someone appeal against a immigrant denial dat was reccomended to be revoke by uscis..(2).if d answer to question 1 is yes..must d petitioner use d service of an attorney and how long does it take to be book for reaiappointment...

If it's not a K-1 petition -- if it's a CR-1, IR-1, F2A, etc. -- USCIS will contact the petitioner and give the petitioner the opportunity to respond. If, at that point, USCIS decides to revoke the petition anyway, it's easier, less expensive, and likely just as effective to file a new petition rather than hiring an attorney to appeal the revocation.

K-1 petitions are technically non-immigrant petitions, so once they've expired, the only course of action is to file a new petition.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:46am On Mar 09, 2015
rayanah100:
hello visa officer,
I am a kenyan citizen and I turned 21 last month, my us citizen dad filled for me a pettition last year june and he says he still has two more forms to complete, and the nvc is sapposed to send them to him, the nvc asked him to wait and that they will call him, but I already turned 21 and now am over age. how will I be assisted and how long will my process take. thank you.

It depends whether you are still considered a minor for purposes of immigration. If so, there's no waiting period. However, if you are now in the F-1 visa category, the waiting period for F-1s is currently a little over seven years.

Do you know when the petition was approved? (I know it was filed in June.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:47am On Mar 09, 2015
boofydon:
Hello V.O, I successfully paid the $165 immigrant fee but couldn't locate the confirmation receipt that was sent to my email address. Must I show an evidence of payment for my green card at the POE? How else can I prove I've paid?

These are questions for USCIS. My sphere of knowledge stops very shortly after a visa is printed and delivered.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:52am On Mar 09, 2015
Mrsoshi:
Dear VO,

In addition is there any way to find
out why he would have come to his decision?
I really feel as though my husband was treated unfairly and the CO told my husband that I should move to Nigeria. Please any assistance U can offer would be appreciated. I will be in Lagos until March 15,2015 and would like to go to the embassy before I leave.
Thank you

Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to meet with petitioners in person.

All recommendations for revocation are reviewed by a supervisor before being sent back to USCIS. USCIS will contact you after they have reviewed the petition and the recommendation and will give you the opportunity to respond.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2015
VCTROKOYE:

Hi. Please I just want to be sure of the address to send the revocation letter request to. We got the following addresses from the following website.
http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/mexico-mexico-city-field-office
Because she live in US, and I live in Canada even though I come from Nigeria, the following address was used. I want to confirm if that is correct. Please, if it is not correct, can you give me the right contact? Thanks
Mailing Address from the US

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
American Embassy
Department of State
2020 Accra Place
Washington, D.C. 20521-2020

I'm not sure which is the right contact (I'm not an expert about USCIS). Have you tried http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us ? It looks like if you know which service center is handling your case, you could contact them directly:

USCIS Service Centers

If you contacted the National Customer Service Center with a case-related inquiry and more than 30 days have passed and you have not received a response, you may email the appropriate USCIS Service Center with your inquiry:

California Service Center: csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov
Vermont Service Center: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov
Nebraska Service Center: NSCFollowup.NCSC@uscis.dhs.gov
Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov
If you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the Service Center, you may contact the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov.

USCIS is pretty good about forwarding your e-mail to the right office if you choose the wrong address.... I know from personal experience!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by biodun2rule247: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2015
Its a cr1 visa...and please from one of ur reply u said d recoomendation will be review by a supervisor in ur embassy and my question goes tho...can those supervisor overrule and earlier v.o decision and please how long will d review and respond time will be....thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:05am On Mar 09, 2015
biodun2rule247:
Its a cr1 visa...and please from one of ur reply u said d recoomendation will be review by a supervisor in ur embassy and my question goes tho...can those supervisor overrule and earlier v.o decision and please how long will d review and respond time will be....thanks

The case will be reviewed some time this week, I imagine (it depends how quickly the officer writes the official memo). I have to say that I rarely overturn officer's decisions. The case will be returned to USCIS shortly thereafter -- I'd guess next week at the latest. It can take USCIS several months to review cases, though.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 11:12am On Mar 09, 2015
onyiblanche:

Thank you ma for the prompt reply.I have sent an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov as you said.Waiting to hear from you.Remain blessed.
Good morning ma.I'm Mr Echi...... O.K.Thank you for the prompt reply to our e-mail.Ma, my wife has been very sick , presently admitted.Please ma,can I come to the embassy on her behalf given her current health challenges?Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kino47: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2015
Hello VO
i went for my interview today and i was issued but i have a little problem after i did my biometrics my passport and passport photograph was returned to me after then i went for the interview and the visa was granted but to my suprise my passport photo fell off and i saw it fallen immediately i notified the visa officer and he gave me back that i can have it please i will like to know what picture will be on my visa as i have no passport photograph attached to the ds 160 form
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:54am On Mar 09, 2015
onyiblanche:

Good morning ma.I'm Mr Echi...... O.K.Thank you for the prompt reply to our e-mail.Ma, my wife has been very sick , presently admitted.Please ma,can I come to the embassy on her behalf given her current health challenges?Thank you.

Absolutely! Just let us know at LagosIV@state.gov.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2015
kino47:
Hello VO
i went for my interview today and i was issued but i have a little problem after i did my biometrics my passport and passport photograph was returned to me after then i went for the interview and the visa was granted but to my suprise my passport photo fell off and i saw it fallen immediately i notified the visa officer and he gave me back that i can have it please i will like to know what picture will be on my visa as i have no passport photograph attached to the ds 160 form

We scan the photos into our computers, so if the officer gave it back to you, you can keep it. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kino47: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
Thank you VO for the response its just suprising i never took note of it when my passport was scanned and the officer never saw the passport fell from my passport i actually notified him, my concern is i pray it does not become an issue when the processing is about to take place and what is the worst you think can happen.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
kino47:
Thank you VO for the response its just suprising i never took note of it when my passport was scanned and the officer never saw the passport fell from my passport i actually notified him, my concern is i pray it does not become an issue when the processing is about to take place and what is the worst you think can happen.

We wouldn't have been able to take your fingerprints if your photo hadn't been scanned in, so if you remember your fingerprints being taken, I wouldn't worry about it.

For the record, the worst I think can happen would be waking up from that nightmare I sometimes have that I never actually graduated from secondary school (because I forgot I had signed up for an algebra course...) and finding that it is actually true, but I have a feeling that that's not what you were asking. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kino47: 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
grin grin grin THANKS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.