Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,253 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679706 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Nov 05, 2014
boofydon:
Good day visa officer. I was asked to bring along photocopies of all "civil documents" when coming for my interview. Please what does that mean?

Birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, death certificates, adoption certificates -- if they're relevant to your case, please bring originals and a photocopy of each one. Thank you!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abos: 8:54am On Nov 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Just trying to be sure I understand: So the child is actually your wife's biological child, but you didn't list the child on your original entry, so you had to claim that you adopted her later? Was your wife included on the original entry, or did you marry her later and add her later?

the child was born bef I met my wife in 2009 and the child was born in 2006 ,when we play the lottery the child went for an holiday in my wife's sister place and we couldnt add her , and wen we filled the form too we couldnt include her because the adoption process has nt started it was later that we got to knw about nairaland and we started asking questions about how to go about the situation
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:16am On Nov 05, 2014
abos:

the child was born bef I met my wife in 2009 and the child was born in 2006 ,when we play the lottery the child went for an holiday in my wife's sister place and we couldnt add her , and wen we filled the form too we couldnt include her because the adoption process has nt started it was later that we got to knw about nairaland and we started asking questions about how to go about the situation

In other words, you failed to include your pre-existing stepchild in your DV application, then decided to present adoption papers so that you could pretend the child was not pre-existing. And, because the adoption papers you presented were fraudulent, you got caught and ended up with a permanent ineligibility to the United States.

I'm relieved to hear that you actually have SOME relationship with this child. If that's true, it's marginally better than trying to smuggle a non-related child into the United States for purposes unknown. It's still attempted human smuggling, however.

If you have the opportunity to apply for a visa in the future, and if the visa would otherwise be granted, at that point the officer will give you the instructions for filing for a waiver of your ineligibility under INA 212(a)(6)(E), attempted human smuggling.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

For my part I hope to see your name on our appointment list soon!

Dear VO
Goodmorning....my wife has filed the i130..but dint include copies of her birth certificate or passport...
Won't this result in RFE?..
Thanks for being there.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by eoc4ever: 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hello ma

I have an upcoming interview at the consulate, i checked the ceac site this morning and saw that my status updated date was showing today's date. What does it mean? Was my case file reviewed or was there an info that was updated on my case file?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
eoc4ever:
Hello ma

I have an upcoming interview at the consulate, i checked the ceac site this morning and saw that my status updated date was showing today's date. What does it mean? Was my case file reviewed or was there an info that was updated on my case file?

Greetings,

Actually, I have no idea. How the CEAC site updates itself is a mystery to me. I could check your case to see if any action was taken, if you felt comfortable sharing your case number.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
tonyphil:

Dear VO
Goodmorning....my wife has filed the i130..but dint include copies of her birth certificate or passport...
Won't this result in RFE?..
Thanks for being there.

It might. Would it be possible for her to pre-emptively send those copies to USCIS so they can include the copies in the petition? Maybe by scanning them via e-mail?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Tisa: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hello,
A friend of mine is currently being filed for buy her husband in USA, the case has gotten to Nvc stage however we are both invited for a conference in USA schedule for January. She said she may not be able to apply for non-immigrant visa to attend the conference because of her ongoing immigrant filing process.
In light of the above can you advice her as to applying for the non immigrant visa to attend the conference or if she should not cos of the ongoing immigrant process.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by eoc4ever: 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Greetings,

Actually, I have no idea. How the CEAC site updates itself is a mystery to me. I could check your case to see if any action was taken, if you felt comfortable sharing your case number.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by darryshine(m): 1:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

That's a normal waiting period. If you have an emergency, we can expedite the case, but we're very strict about what constitutes an emergency.

Dear VO, thanks for your response, however, every case complete that have seen from lagos has interview within the waiting period of 40days. i have not seen any October case complete that has 60days waiting period. I have indeed hoping to have xmas or new year with my wife and kid. NVC supposed to have completed my case the first or second week of october. The dec 30th (two months) date really breaks my heart.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Gbola2014: 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Dear VisaOfficer

I have a very quick and simple question. I and my sibling were petioned for by our stepfather . However due to some documents needing to be straighten out we had to wait for a few years our case to be reaffirmed. It was reaffirmed recently and we were called in for an interview but were told to just come in and not bring any medical for now just fill the online DS260 form. The interview went very well, two or three questions were asked. The interviewing officer requested for a medical and police report and my
Ds260 submission page(we didnt fill one of the ds260 in time before the interview) and I should only come and not my sibling any more and i should bring his passport and mine in, with our medical and police report.

Please could you help shed some light on that?

Sounds very good to me.

Thank you..
Awaiting your response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sisitodun: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
darryshine:

Dear VO, thanks for your response, however, every case complete that have seen from lagos has interview within the waiting period of 40days. i have not seen any October case complete that has 60days waiting period. I have indeed hoping to have xmas or new year with my wife and kid. NVC supposed to have completed my case the first or second week of october. The dec 30th (two months) date really breaks my heart.

Sisitodun: Hello!
Got my appointment today. My case was completed on the 29th of August, interview scheduled on 2nd of October (after 34 days) for 25th of November. So waiting time from Case Complete to interview is about 85 days. Phew!

The waiting times are long these days. Don't despair, you are almost there.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
eoc4ever:

LGS2014643058.

Thanks ma.

No new actions taken. I see you're scheduled for an interview tomorrow at 07:00, but nothing has happened otherwise.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
Tisa:
Hello,
A friend of mine is currently being filed for buy her husband in USA, the case has gotten to Nvc stage however we are both invited for a conference in USA schedule for January. She said she may not be able to apply for non-immigrant visa to attend the conference because of her ongoing immigrant filing process.
In light of the above can you advice her as to applying for the non immigrant visa to attend the conference or if she should not cos of the ongoing immigrant process.
Thank you.

Hi Tisa -- there's not reason she can't apply for the non-immigrant visa. As long as she can convince the officer that she intends to return to Nigeria, having an outstanding immigrant petition isn't an ineligibility. It's more difficult, true, but not impossible.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
Gbola2014:
Dear VisaOfficer

I have a very quick and simple question. I and my sibling were petioned for by our stepfather . However due to some documents needing to be straighten out we had to wait for a few years our case to be reaffirmed. It was reaffirmed recently and we were called in for an interview but were told to just come in and not bring any medical for now just fill the online DS260 form. The interview went very well, two or three questions were asked. The interviewing officer requested for a medical and police report and my
Ds260 submission page(we didnt fill one of the ds260 in time before the interview) and I should only come and not my sibling any more and i should bring his passport and mine in, with our medical and police report.

Please could you help shed some light on that?

Sounds very good to me.

Thank you..
Awaiting your response

From what you've written, it sounds like we're ready to issue the visas as soon as all your documents are updated. It sounds like your sibling submitted the online DS-260, but you didn't. So we don't need to see your sibling again, because we've already taken his fingerprints; but we can't take yours until you've submitted the online DS-260. (Giving fingerprints is how you sign the DS-260, so even if we already took your prints years ago, we need to do it again.) Both of you need updated medical papers and police certificates, because the old ones expired. But once you've been fingerprinted and submit all these documents, it sounds like we're ready to issue!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jusugo92(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
So happy, I picked up my K-1 visa today after 6 months of administrative processing.Thanking God for the patience between I and my fiance and more espiecially the Visa officer for taking out her precious time to answer questions on this thread.To everyone on administrative processing,i pray you get your approval soon.Thanks

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
jusugo92:
So happy, I picked up my K-1 visa today after 6 months of administrative processing.Thanking God for the patience between I and my fiance and more espiecially the Visa officer for taking out her precious time to answer questions on this thread.To everyone on administrative processing,i pray you get your approval soon.Thanks

Congrats
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by eoc4ever: 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

No new actions taken. I see you're scheduled for an interview tomorrow at 07:00, but nothing has happened otherwise.

Thanks a lot ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Gbola2014: 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
Thank you for your response and God bless!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abos: 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

In other words, you failed to include your pre-existing stepchild in your DV application, then decided to present adoption papers so that you could pretend the child was not pre-existing. And, because the adoption papers you presented were fraudulent, you got caught and ended up with a permanent ineligibility to the United States.

I'm relieved to hear that you actually have SOME relationship with this child. If that's true, it's marginally better than trying to smuggle a non-related child into the United States for purposes unknown. It's still attempted human smuggling, however.

If you have the opportunity to apply for a visa in the future, and if the visa would otherwise be granted, at that point the officer will give you the instructions for filing for a waiver of your ineligibility under INA 212(a)(6)(E), attempted human smuggling.
tank you ma. We appreciate
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

It might. Would it be possible for her to pre-emptively send those copies to USCIS so they can include the copies in the petition? Maybe by scanning them via e-mail?
She just sent them via mail...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ggeorge: 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hello VO Ma,i just want to ask as an F2A Beneficiary....after My interview and Visa is approved, do i have to wait for months or years for a Visa number to be available before i am been issued a visa or what pls, i am just curious.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by omotfavy(f): 12:05am On Nov 06, 2014
Please i want to ask if a child under 2years need to go for medical examiation,she is just 8mths old then i did medicals/interview in April,visa was approved in july unfortunately,i was sent a txt dat my case is no more current but am optimistic it wil b current by dec,wil i need to go for medicals again before i can collect d visa and since my pport is already at d embassy,do i need to cum collect den submit again?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:41am On Nov 06, 2014
ggeorge:
Hello VO Ma,i just want to ask as an F2A Beneficiary....after My interview and Visa is approved, do i have to wait for months or years for a Visa number to be available before i am been issued a visa or what pls, i am just curious.

In general, as soon as an officer approves a case, we issue the visa. That's because we don't approve cases until we're ready to issue. However, in some rare cases, the cut-off date for the visa category changes while we're processing a case, and we can't issue the visa until the case becomes current again. The worst part is that the computer doesn't alert us until we're actually trying to print the visa, so the beneficiaries have already gone home thinking that their visas will be ready in a week. It's frustrating for us and even more frustrating for the beneficiaries!

It usually only takes a few months for the dates to catch up again, but no guarantees. You can always check cut-off dates at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:43am On Nov 06, 2014
omotfavy:
Please i want to ask if a child under 2years need to go for medical examiation,she is just 8mths old then i did medicals/interview in April,visa was approved in july unfortunately,i was sent a txt dat my case is no more current but am optimistic it wil b current by dec,wil i need to go for medicals again before i can collect d visa and since my pport is already at d embassy,do i need to cum collect den submit again?

Good morning,

Yes, everyone needs a medical examination -- even newborn babies. You will probably need new medical paperwork too. It's a good idea to come get your passport from us in the meantime.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by omotfavy(f): 9:51am On Nov 06, 2014
[quote author=VisaOfficer post=27767634]

Good morning,

Yes, everyone needs a medical examination -- even newborn babies. You will probably need new medical paperwork too. It's a good idea to come get your passport from us in the meantime.[/quote.Am sure it wil b current nxt month cos my priority date is march 7,2013.i want to ask,cant it b kept den d visa done widout me cooming ova cos am a nurse on permanent morning because i ve a small bby,i only ve offs on weekends and Ekiti to Lag is a long journey which i cant go to fro sameday?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:17am On Nov 06, 2014
omotfavy:
Am sure it wil b current nxt month cos my priority date is march 7,2013.i want to ask,cant it b kept den d visa done widout me cooming ova cos am a nurse on permanent morning because i ve a small bby,i only ve offs on weekends and Ekiti to Lag is a long journey which i cant go to fro sameday?

All medical examinations and visa interviews must be done in person.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ggeorge: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
VisaOfficer:

In general, as soon as an officer approves a case, we issue the visa. That's because we don't approve cases until we're ready to issue. However, in some rare cases, the cut-off date for the visa category changes while we're processing a case, and we can't issue the visa until the case becomes current again. The worst part is that the computer doesn't alert us until we're actually trying to print the visa, so the beneficiaries have already gone home thinking that their visas will be ready in a week. It's frustrating for us and even more frustrating for the beneficiaries!

It usually only takes a few months for the dates to catch up again, but no guarantees. You can always check cut-off dates at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .

ok thanks Ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by eoc4ever: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by khanalsubhash: 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dear Sir,
I am a student currently enrolled in grade 12 in a college at Kathmandu. I'm planning to fly to the USA to pursue my further studies after grade 12, thanks to my sound educational background and sufficient funding. What I think can be obstacle in this aspect is,My father has been staying in the US currently in the form of asylee, but he has not been granted the asylum status yet. Due to circumstances, he had to go in a tourist visa and as a result of political fear, he is applying for asylum. Can this be the obstacle for me to travel to the US for my higher studies?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanking you.
Yours faithfully,
Rinping
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by octus2008(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hello VO

i just logged into my Profile and corrected the error made in my earlier application of place of birth which is in tune with my Passport.what does this imply

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.