Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679261 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Just checking before I reply -- you're the petitioner in case LGS2014696014, right? Didn't you just e-mail us yesterday making a different request about this case?

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes am the petitioner and I did send email yesterday. However, the request in question was made under pressure from my parents though I do not agree with them. The email I received this morning from the Consulate gave me one week to turn in some paper works so the consulate could proceed with the request. The one week will also give me another chance to talk to my parents again and in the meantime, I thought the case was still in progress since the consulate will not act on the request without those paperworks per the email from the consulate; that was why i asked those questions on my earlier post.

Thanks again,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by muyit1(m): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hello sir, my visa process is @ the stage where I need to get a police report and a medical report, then make payment for the interview schedule. I'v read the mail my fiancé sent me (mail from US embassy lagos) but it does not say in which order to go, that is one. 2: I need help on way to go about getting d police report and fees details (fees for medicals as well). 3: my fiancée had our baby girl 10/10/2014, do u think we should include her birth certificate in our evidence papers for the interview? bearing in mind that since I was not present as at time of delivery the hospital had to remove my name and use my fiancée's last name on the certificate pending my arrival in the states?. 4: any general advice on what to expect from this point and during the interview? Awaiting your response sir, Thanks so much
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Luvlydevin(m): 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
good evening room, I just went to pay for my visa application fee some few hours back, and to my greatest shock the invitation letter been sent by my uncle did not carry exactly the same passport number as the one I have here on my international passport it is messing one letter word now making my passport no 8 instead of 9 please sir how am I going to resolve this issue does this really matters as every other things is correct
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Luvlydevin:
good evening room, I just went to pay for my visa application fee some few hours back, and to my greatest shock the invitation letter been sent by my uncle did not carry exactly the same passport number as the one I have here on my international passport it is messing one letter word now making my passport no 8 instead of 9 please sir how am I going to resolve this issue does this really matters as every other things is correct

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2014
muyit1:
Hello sir, my visa process is @ the stage where I need to get a police report and a medical report, then make payment for the interview schedule. I'v read the mail my fiancé sent me (mail from US embassy lagos) but it does not say in which order to go, that is one. 2: I need help on way to go about getting d police report and fees details (fees for medicals as well). 3: my fiancée had our baby girl 10/10/2014, do u think we should include her birth certificate in our evidence papers for the interview? bearing in mind that since I was not present as at time of delivery the hospital had to remove my name and use my fiancée's last name on the certificate pending my arrival in the states?. 4: any general advice on what to expect from this point and during the interview? Awaiting your response sir, Thanks so much

It doesn't matter what order you do those things in, as long as you can bring the police report and medical report with you to the interview. You can find the panel physicians' contact information at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/PANELl_Phys_handout_Applicant.pdf and they can tell you what their fees are; to be honest, I'm not sure how to go about getting a police certificate. Yes, please do bring the birth certificate -- and congratulations on the baby! smiley Good luck!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:32am On Oct 31, 2014
NenyeEdu:

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes am the petitioner and I did send email yesterday. However, the request in question was made under pressure from my parents though I do not agree with them. The email I received this morning from the Consulate gave me one week to turn in some paper works so the consulate could proceed with the request. The one week will also give me another chance to talk to my parents again and in the meantime, I thought the case was still in progress since the consulate will not act on the request without those paperworks per the email from the consulate; that was why i asked those questions on my earlier post.

Thanks again,

Please remember that petition withdrawals are final and irrevocable. We only ask for more information (a copy of a photo ID, a signed letter) so that we can be SURE it's really the petitioner who's contacted us and not some third party trying to cause trouble. I will make a note in your case that you claim you made the request under duress, but frankly, this does not help your case. I'm mentioning this in public because I think it is useful information for everyone to have: When a petitioner or a beneficiary asks us to withdraw a petition, the petition is withdrawn and cannot be reinstated.

Again, in this case, I'll make a note in the case re: the above. As for the administrative processing, we hope to complete it soon. Administrative processing can be required for a variety of reasons; in your case, we are reviewing some of the details provided in the case to verify their accuracy.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 31, 2014
About the pictures,we hardly av occassions to take pictures cos most times he come around am in the boarding house in skul ,dats why i have very few pictures,can i back it up with phone records and the marriage certificate.thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abos: 8:39am On Oct 31, 2014
VisaOfficer:

If you have the opportunity to apply for a visa in the future, you can apply for a waiver of the ineligibilities at that time. It is, however, very difficult to obtain a waiver for an ineligibility under INA 212(a)(6)(E) -- attempted human smuggling.
good day ma and happy friday to you. Ma pls how do we go about applying for waiver of ineligibility under the section INA 212(a)(6)(E). Thank you ma
we await your reply
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2014
abos:

good day ma and happy friday to you. Ma pls how do we go about applying for waiver of ineligibility under the section INA 212(a)(6)(E). Thank you ma
we await your reply

If you apply for a visa again, if the officer finds you otherwise qualified, at that time you'll be given waiver instructions. Basically, someone will file the I-601 on your behalf through USCIS. www.uscis.gov/i-601 Please note that waivers for attempted human smuggling are only granted if the person who was being smuggled was the visa applicant's spouse or a child (biological, step, or adopted). Because you were, technically, trying to smuggle a child into the U.S. who was not your biological, step, or adopted child, it may be very difficult for you to obtain a waiver.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Saulboy388: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2014
Good day

we on a k1 visa process with my kids so we were ask to provide a dna test to prove the relationship between my kids and my fiance thier father . so the results are out and its all good what's the chance of us been issued a visa . thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Saulboy388:
Good day

we on a k1 visa process with my kids so we were ask to provide a dna test to prove the relationship between my kids and my fiance thier father . so the results are out and its all good what's the chance of us been issued a visa . thank you

In general, positive DNA results are a very good sign! But without knowing all the details of your case, I don't know what other information the officer might need at this point. (I just processed a whole stack of DNA results yesterday, so you should be hearing from us in just a few days if yours were among them.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:51am On Oct 31, 2014
I see @joechima's online. How's it going? Did you get an interview date yet?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Saulboy388: 11:20am On Oct 31, 2014
Thanks for the information.
And my case is been process @ Dakar A friend directed me here ! our case was on Ap for 60 days and the consular officer later suggested we should do a 3 way dna which we have done and the results are all positive so I wanted to know is a visa will be issued to me and my kids ? because we have submitted all requested documents they ask for before they ask us to go for the dna. thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
Saulboy388:
Thanks for the information.
And my case is been process @ Dakar A friend directed me here ! our case was on Ap for 60 days and the consular officer later suggested we should do a 3 way dna which we have done and the results are all positive so I wanted to know is a visa will be issued to me and my kids ? because we have submitted all requested documents they ask for before they ask us to go for the dna. thank you

Without having your case in front of me, there's no way to know if DNA results are the only information the officer needed to finish processing. But, again, if the results are all positive, that's a very very very very good sign.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abos: 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
VisaOfficer:

If you apply for a visa again, if the officer finds you otherwise qualified, at that time you'll be given waiver instructions. Basically, someone will file the I-601 on your behalf through USCIS. www.uscis.gov/i-601 Please note that waivers for attempted human smuggling are only granted if the person who was being smuggled was the visa applicant's spouse or a child (biological, step, or adopted). Because you were, technically, trying to smuggle a child into the U.S. who was not your biological, step, or adopted child, it may be very difficult for you to obtain a waiver.

Thank you ma , the child is actually my wife child and my adopted child like we later mail to lagos iv to say the truth.we appreciate ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abos: 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=abos post=27609026]
Thank you ma , the child is actually my wife child and my adopted child like we later mail to lagos iv to say the truth.we appreciate ma . What will be the qualification of that person that will file it .tanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bokohaman: 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hello VO, good day to u. My I-130 (alien relative) petioner in United states had placed several calls to uscis customer care line to notify them on her relocation, but the call isn't going through and i have tried d " change of address online" option and all i received was an error after several attempts. The petition is approved though and its 10yrs running now, pls which other way can i contact USCIS to notify them on my petitioner's change of address?...Thank u
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by joechima: 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
VisaOfficer:
I see @joechima's online. How's it going? Did you get an interview date yet?
Fine Ma,how is workand ur day ma?not yet still at the NVC .God bless u Ma.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your help to visa seekers, I really wanted to know whether is compulsory to date my US fiancée for 2 years before qualifying for fiance visa? Or dating her less than two years will guarantee me the visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
Good day V.O pls my fiance a US citizen must we date 2yrs before I qualify for fiancee visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 7:27am On Nov 01, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! They have equal approval chances because they're based on the exact same thing -- a petition filed by a U.S. citizen spouse. A K3 requires the I-129 petition, which can only be filed after the I-130 petition has been appoved by USCIS. K3s usually get interview dates sooner than CR1s, because CR1s are scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC), whereas K3s are scheduled by the applicants themselves online; but CR1s are generally processed so quickly that you only save a month or so by going the K3 route. (That said, NVC is experiencing processing delays due to a sudden increase in their caseload; but by the time you file, I think they'll have everything back to normal again.)

We generally don't allow petitioners into the waiting room. You probably noticed how full our waiting room was when you came to your interview -- and that was a slow day, as I recall.
Hello VO,
Hope u ar havin a smooth weekend...
My wife is bac in the US and will file d i130 asap..
On the dept of state website..it says "The K-3 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States (U.S.) citizen. This visa category is intended to shorten the physical separation between the foreign-citizen and U.S. citizen spouses by having the option to obtain a nonimmigrant K-3 visa overseas and enter the United States to await approval of the immigrant visa petition."
It also says the i129f should be filed after receiving d NOA1..not after waiting for approval of i130...
Dear VO , I know at d end of d day the consular officers hav d last say as to who gets a visa and when so I will go wit ur advice on this....I really hope I can get dis process done with ASAP!!!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Magnusb(f): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
Hello VO,how long does it shows issue on CEAC website after visa approval and how long do I have to wait to collect my passport back.thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by moscopat112: 2:16am On Nov 02, 2014
you are welcome VO. i am a building glass glazier and with 7 year of experience in the above field, i am planing to migrate to the state but have no friend/relative in U.S.
pls am i eligeble to apply under immigrant visa and what kind of visa sould i go for ?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 02, 2014
VisaOfficer:

不客气.
您会中文?太好了。 cheesy

As in the case of marriage, there's no time clause before getting married with one's girlfriend, right?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by taiwobabalola: 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
can my mother and my brother petition permanent resident for us simutaneously,what is the chance of my siblings without basic education?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Nov 03, 2014
abos:
Thank you ma , the child is actually my wife child and my adopted child like we later mail to lagos iv to say the truth.we appreciate ma . What will be the qualification of that person that will file it .tanks

Just trying to be sure I understand: So the child is actually your wife's biological child, but you didn't list the child on your original entry, so you had to claim that you adopted her later? Was your wife included on the original entry, or did you marry her later and add her later?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:22am On Nov 03, 2014
bokohaman:
Hello VO, good day to u. My I-130 (alien relative) petioner in United states had placed several calls to uscis customer care line to notify them on her relocation, but the call isn't going through and i have tried d " change of address online" option and all i received was an error after several attempts. The petition is approved though and its 10yrs running now, pls which other way can i contact USCIS to notify them on my petitioner's change of address?...Thank u

I'd send them an e-mail at NVCInquiry@state.gov. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:24am On Nov 03, 2014
studio14:
Thank you so much for your help to visa seekers, I really wanted to know whether is compulsory to date my US fiancée for 2 years before qualifying for fiance visa? Or dating her less than two years will guarantee me the visa?

No, there's no requirement on how long you must date before qualifying. If you haven't seen each other in person for more than two years, though, NVC may not accept your petition.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Nov 03, 2014
tonyphil:

Hello VO,
Hope u ar havin a smooth weekend...
My wife is bac in the US and will file d i130 asap..
On the dept of state website..it says "The K-3 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States (U.S.) citizen. This visa category is intended to shorten the physical separation between the foreign-citizen and U.S. citizen spouses by having the option to obtain a nonimmigrant K-3 visa overseas and enter the United States to await approval of the immigrant visa petition."
It also says the i129f should be filed after receiving d NOA1..not after waiting for approval of i130...
Dear VO , I know at d end of d day the consular officers hav d last say as to who gets a visa and when so I will go wit ur advice on this....I really hope I can get dis process done with ASAP!!!

For my part I hope to see your name on our appointment list soon!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On Nov 03, 2014
Magnusb:
Hello VO,how long does it shows issue on CEAC website after visa approval and how long do I have to wait to collect my passport back.thanks

Greetings! I'm not sure how long it takes the CEAC website to update itself -- in my job I never have a reason to check it. But you should be able to pick the visa packet and passport up one week after being told that you're approved.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:28am On Nov 03, 2014
moscopat112:
you are welcome VO. i am a building glass glazier and with 7 year of experience in the above field, i am planing to migrate to the state but have no friend/relative in U.S.
pls am i eligeble to apply under immigrant visa and what kind of visa sould i go for ?

Thanks.

You'd need an employer to file a petition on your behalf. I've never seen a building glass glazier come through on an employment-based visa, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible, I guess. You can find information about employment-based petitions at these two sites:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/employment.html
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.