Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,640 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820882 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bsafolabi: 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
Good day to Sir,
we made mistakes on our mother appointment, the real DS number does not tally with one on appointment confirmation. we couldn't modify because my email address that my brothet used to fill the form is no longer ok. please can she go interview like that or there is way out?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kunlebal(m): 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2014
abujaniv:

You can renew your visa any time that's most convenient for you.
Thanks very much for your response, I really appreciate it.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lanretxe: 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hello VO,
Thanks for your advices

I currently have a B1/B2.I plan to apply for dv-lottery but since I plan to go to the USA for my masters next year or two am afraid that if I don't win the lottery, I might be refused an F1.

My question is does applying for dv-lottery even if you don't win hurt your chances of getting an F1 later? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ctemi(f): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
@lanretxe, please where/which can I apply for dv visa lottery? Thank
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by willn1: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hi VO,I wrk in a govt parastatal in abuja and my office is sending two of us to go for a 2 day training in washington DC. My question is should I apply for a 2yrs visa or 6months or even less. I would have wanted a 2yrs visa incase I get to go for other trainings in the states so I don't have to apply again, or would asking for 2yrs as a first time traveller be seen in a negative way and as a result hinder my chances of getting a visa? Thanks a lot u doin a great job!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bambamzzzz: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hello VO,
Please i need you to help me out on this,my ex wife won visa lottery in 2009 and we were scheduled to go for interview in that same year November but things did not work out in our marriage so we went our separate ways and got divorced before the interview date so both of us did not go for the interview.
I re married in 2010 and still happily married with my new wife so now me and my new wife want to apply for b2 visa and i know the consular will see it on there system that am meant to come for an interview in 2009 but i did not please what am i supposed to do? and i and my new wife has traveled together for more than 7 times to different countries in the europe and am currently on a tier 4 visa in uk doing my master and my wife too is here a my dependant,pls respond to my question as i have divorce letter with me and my ex wife did not make use of her visa lottery
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
kaykad:
Dear Ops,

how long does it take for a visa to be ready please. eg if you submit on the Tuesday 21, will it be out on 24th. cos i hear its 3 working days

The standard is 2 - 3 days, but it varies depending on systems and holidays. Follow the instructions of the VO when you apply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
superfavour:

@Abujaniv
Attend to this question.
We advise anyone who has been refused a visa to wait at least 90 days before applying.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
bsafolabi:
Good day to Sir,
we made mistakes on our mother appointment, the real DS number does not tally with one on appointment confirmation. we couldn't modify because my email address that my brothet used to fill the form is no longer ok. please can she go interview like that or there is way out?
You should call the call center to fix the problem. The number is 01 440 6218.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
lanretxe:
Hello VO,
Thanks for your advices

I currently have a B1/B2.I plan to apply for dv-lottery but since I plan to go to the USA for my masters next year or two am afraid that if I don't win the lottery, I might be refused an F1.

My question is does applying for dv-lottery even if you don't win hurt your chances of getting an F1 later? Thanks

There are few hard and fast rules. Many factors are considered when assessing ties. Applying for DV lottery does indicate immigrant intent, but it is up to the applicant to convince the interviewer that h/she plans to return to Nigeria.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
willn1:
Hi VO,I wrk in a govt parastatal in abuja and my office is sending two of us to go for a 2 day training in washington DC. My question is should I apply for a 2yrs visa or 6months or even less. I would have wanted a 2yrs visa incase I get to go for other trainings in the states so I don't have to apply again, or would asking for 2yrs as a first time traveller be seen in a negative way and as a result hinder my chances of getting a visa? Thanks a lot u doin a great job!
Hi there, all B1/B2 applications are assumed to be 2-year, multiple entry visas unless the VO decides otherwise. No need to choose a time frame when applying. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
Bambamzzzz:
Hello VO,
Please i need you to help me out on this,my ex wife won visa lottery in 2009 and we were scheduled to go for interview in that same year November but things did not work out in our marriage so we went our separate ways and got divorced before the interview date so both of us did not go for the interview.
I re married in 2010 and still happily married with my new wife so now me and my new wife want to apply for b2 visa and i know the consular will see it on there system that am meant to come for an interview in 2009 but i did not please what am i supposed to do? and i and my new wife has traveled together for more than 7 times to different countries in the europe and am currently on a tier 4 visa in uk doing my master and my wife too is here a my dependant,pls respond to my question as i have divorce letter with me and my ex wife did not make use of her visa lottery
We cannot comment on your situation specifically, but keep in mind that honesty is always the best policy.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Richystar4: 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
Does previous unsuccessful application for DV lottery (immigrant intent) in anyway affect a B1/B2 Visa application.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eagle13(m): 6:50am On Oct 16, 2014
Hello VO
glad to have u here.I have an event to attend in d US which has been paid for including d visa fee
but I can't get an appointment date b4 d event wat can I do?n d event is coming up on d 25-28 of this month.
your advice is urgently needed pls
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:31am On Oct 17, 2014
Richystar4:
Does previous unsuccessful application for DV lottery (immigrant intent) in anyway affect a B1/B2 Visa application.
Applying for the DV lottery in the past is one of many factors that the VO will consider. It does not affect the B1/B2 interview by itself. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2014
eagle13:
Hello VO
glad to have u here.I have an event to attend in d US which has been paid for including d visa fee
but I can't get an appointment date b4 d event wat can I do?n d event is coming up on d 25-28 of this month.
your advice is urgently needed pls
You can request an expedited appointment on the same website you applied originally.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tobechukwuka(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
Please which date will the commence in applying for DV Lottery programm 2014? Im waiting for your answer in anticipation. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by merryberry(f): 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
Good afternoon VO and fellow nairalanders, I have a couple of questions.... I am currently thinking of applying for US non-immigrant visa for December...i schooled in the UK and I am currently in Nigeria for my NYSC batch B( so finishing in August next year), I was wondering for strong ties as a young person can I use a letter from Nysc secretariat and my local govt and primary place of assignment which is another local govt as proof that I wi be returning after my stay? Another thing is my parents live in America as they are green card holders, my brother too works as the VP for Capital One( credit card company) in the US, I'm mentioning these things because I feel I have stronger ties in the US than I have in Nigeria, but will my NYSC be enough to show that I will be returning after my visit as I plan to visit my father who just went through major surgery? What other strong ties can I present? Pls I need help!!! Thank you guys! And God bless as you reply this long message
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
hiya abujaniv,
Is WAEC certificate neccessary for Undrad F1 application, when SAT&TOEFL scores are present
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by somchisom: 1:13am On Oct 19, 2014
good day i have a b1/b2 visa which would expire by april next year and i intend to give birth in America first week in March hoping to be back before it expires. Would I be allowed to enter the states in February for the birth in March? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shithapuns: 7:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
i made a small error in the ds 160 form, i entered a wrong place of birth for my wife, do i fill another form or contact call center?..its urgent pls
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eagle13(m): 12:16am On Oct 20, 2014
abujaniv:

You can request an expedited appointment on the same website you applied originally.
Thanks I will.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
tobechukwuka:
Please which date will the commence in applying for DV Lottery programm 2014? Im waiting for your answer in anticipation. Thanks

Our State Department Web site for the 2016 Diversity Visa program (DV-2016) is now open. The entry submission period for DV-2016 is from 12:00PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 1, 2014 to 12:00PM EDT (GMT -4) on November 3, 2014.

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Please keep in mind that Nigeria is no longer participating in the Diversity Visa program.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
merryberry:
Good afternoon VO and fellow nairalanders, I have a couple of questions.... I am currently thinking of applying for US non-immigrant visa for December...i schooled in the UK and I am currently in Nigeria for my NYSC batch B( so finishing in August next year), I was wondering for strong ties as a young person can I use a letter from Nysc secretariat and my local govt and primary place of assignment which is another local govt as proof that I wi be returning after my stay? Another thing is my parents live in America as they are green card holders, my brother too works as the VP for Capital One( credit card company) in the US, I'm mentioning these things because I feel I have stronger ties in the US than I have in Nigeria, but will my NYSC be enough to show that I will be returning after my visit as I plan to visit my father who just went through major surgery? What other strong ties can I present? Pls I need help!!! Thank you guys! And God bless as you reply this long message

We cannot comment on your situation specifically, but keep in mind that honesty is always the best policy. Remember that we do not require any specific documents, but you should bring anything with you that you believe will help you to demonstrate that you have strong enough ties to Nigeria to compel a timely return.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
cryptography:
hiya abujaniv,
Is WAEC certificate neccessary for Undrad F1 application, when SAT&TOEFL scores are present

We do not require any specific documents at visa interviews. But be prepared that the visa officer may ask you for a WAEC. If you cannot present it, be prepared to explain why you cannot.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
somchisom:
good day i have a b1/b2 visa which would expire by april next year and i intend to give birth in America first week in March hoping to be back before it expires. Would I be allowed to enter the states in February for the birth in March? Thank you.

Whether or not someone is permitted to enter the United States is determined by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at the port of entry. If your visa is still valid, you would be eligible to enter, but the ultimate decision is made by CBP when you arrive. Be advised that CBP is particularly strict on expectant mothers entering the country. If you attempt to enter the U.S. without a detailed birth plan you may likely be turned away, and may face a ban on entry, or even permanent ineligibilities for future travel. Do your homework and have a well thought out birth plan and evidence that you can pay in full for the birth.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
shithapuns:
i made a small error in the ds 160 form, i entered a wrong place of birth for my wife, do i fill another form or contact call center?..its urgent pls

It is not a problem. Just explain it to the officer when you go for your interview.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
dear VO,

a friend of mine who is a citizen(a green card holder) and presently resides and work in the U.S wanted to send me an invitation to visit him.
meanwhile i currently work as a contract staff at one of the local government council here in nigeria,but will commence my 30 days leave in
December.what are the document required to apply for a 2 weeks visa for the propose visitation in other to return back on time to
resume work?
PLS NOTE: i have an account worth over #1,500,000,and i equally have a sponsor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.