Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820631 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
imadiyi:
dear VO,

a friend of mine who is a citizen(a green card holder) and presently resides and work in the U.S wanted to send me an invitation to visit him.
meanwhile i currently work as a contract staff at one of the local government council here in nigeria,but will commence my 30 days leave in
December.what are the document required to apply for a 2 weeks visa for the propose visitation in other to return back on time to
resume work?
PLS NOTE: i have an account worth over #1,500,000,and i equally have a sponsor.

We do not require any specific documents, but you should bring anything with you that you believe will help you to demonstrate that you have strong enough ties to Nigeria to compel a timely return.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by davj50(m): 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Good day v.o,your responses to mesages are realy appreciated here...am going to the u.s to buy goods withing two weeks i will be back to run my business here,pls v.o officer do i realy need invitation letter from a friend or better stil what are the documents require for this visa to be issued.? Nd what type of visa will i applied for?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tayoamos: 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
Good day v.o, I have a valid USA b1b2 visa that will expire in 2016.already I visited the USA 2 times with my current b1b2 visa spending just 7 days on each of my visits, but my last visit interested me in running my masters in the USA. Considering that my b1b2 visa will expire in 2016 and I want to run my masters, do I have to apply for a f1 visa in Nigeria or I should go to the USA , gt my admission in the university and change my status to f1 there in the USA. Pls advice me as I do not want to abuse my visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by seeprob(m): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2014
Hi VO, is it possible for me to cancel completed and submitted application and fill in a new DS-160 form after payment and with booked/schedule appointment. i made a mistake in the already submitted application and wish to correct it by filling new application form.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by azeezbaba(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
tayoamos:
Good day v.o, I have a valid USA b1b2 visa that will expire in 2016.already I visited the USA 2 times with my current b1b2 visa spending just 7 days on each of my visits, but my last visit interested me in running my masters in the USA. Considering that my b1b2 visa will expire in 2016 and I want to run my masters, do I have to apply for a f1 visa in Nigeria or I should go to the USA , gt my admission in the university and change my status to f1 there in the USA. Pls advice me as I do not want to abuse my visa

I don't know if am allowed to respond to your question. I had the same circumstance as you and I had to reapply for F1 visa with my wife and son. We got our F1 and F2 visas. I think it's better for you to reapply as change of status is not as easy as some people portray it to be. The in-house VO can shed more light.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nicerichard05: 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
Good day guys. Pls I want to no, how can I start a US visa application process, I do not wanna go through any agent, I really wish to do it myself. Pls I need a detailed step by step application process. Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Stevoolahlah(m): 11:00am On Oct 27, 2014
Good morng VO! Pls, if someone applied for visa through dvlottery and the consular issued this to the beneficiary which is the Husband to denied their visa"Section 212(a)(6) C1". What does that mean? Does it mean that the person can never get entry into US again for ever? Pls explain what is meant by that section! Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
davj50:
Good day v.o,your responses to mesages are realy appreciated here...am going to the u.s to buy goods withing two weeks i will be back to run my business here,pls v.o officer do i realy need invitation letter from a friend or better stil what are the documents require for this visa to be issued.? Nd what type of visa will i applied for?
We don't require invitation letters for non-immigrant visas. You should have chosen the visa type when you applied, but it's likely B1/B2. You can visit our web site for more information: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
azeezbaba:

I don't know if am allowed to respond to your question. I had the same circumstance as you and I had to reapply for F1 visa with my wife and son. We got our F1 and F2 visas. I think it's better for you to reapply as change of status is not as easy as some people portray it to be. The in-house VO can shed more light.

We agree with our fellow Nairalander. If you are going to study, you should apply for the F1 in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
seeprob:
Hi VO, is it possible for me to cancel completed and submitted application and fill in a new DS-160 form after payment and with booked/schedule appointment. i made a mistake in the already submitted application and wish to correct it by filling new application form.
You should contact the call center at 01 440 6218 to discuss your situation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
Stevoolahlah:
Good morng VO! Pls, if someone applied for visa through dvlottery and the consular issued this to the beneficiary which is the Husband to denied their visa"Section 212(a)(6) C1". What does that mean? Does it mean that the person can never get entry into US again for ever? Pls explain what is meant by that section! Thanks!
You can find more information here: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87011.pdf. It does mean lifetime inadmissibility, unless a waiver is obtained.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jacob96: 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
Please i want to ask while filling my form I stated I will be visiting a state and the ticket to the state direct flight is quite expensive and I got to know I can buy a cheap ticket to ny and move to the stated state hope I won't have issue at the point of entry?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello VO, how u doing? Just wanted your advice on something. My parents travelled to the US a lot in the 1980's as they did other countries but the US is where they travelled to the most. The problem is their passports got missing when our family moved from our state of residence to another. They plan on applying for a b1/b2 visa in January 2014 but they don't have anything or prove(international passport with their visas) to show they have really been in the US especially when they fill the form and say YES where it is asked if they have been to the US before. Is there anything they can do? Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jamalnea(m): 8:55am On Oct 28, 2014
Good morning sir
I will like to know what step to take when someone is denied entry at US border and the 2year visa is cancelled,given 5years bar not to enter US,because of the mistakes on return ticket.
I will like to know if i can appeal that or apply for waiver at US embassy nigeria.Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Uglykunu: 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by antoluk: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
I have a question.[b] [b]U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening.. I am an F-1 visa student in the US and I came in 2011. i have not been home since then, but I really want to visit in december 2014. I am worried that I would be denied a visa renewal in-between my classes, and considering that I graduate in may 2015 and I have not visited in 3 years.
a.)should i be worried?
b.) what should I do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by antoluk: 5:58am On Oct 29, 2014
Thank you for all your help here. I have a question. I am an f-1 visa student in the US and I came in 2011. i have not been home since then, but I really want to visit in december 2014. I am worried that I would be denied a visa renewal in-between my classes, and considering that I graduate in may 2015, and I have not visited in 3 years.
a.)should i be worried?
b.) what should I do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jamalnea(m): 7:08am On Oct 29, 2014
Good morning sir
I will like to know what step to take when someone is denied entry at US border and the 2year visa is cancelled,given 5years bar not to enter US,because of the mistakes on return ticket.
I will like to know if i can appeal that or apply for waiver at US embassy nigeria.Thanks
This is how it happen
GOING FOR SEG CONFERENCE( SOCIETY OF EXPLORATION GEOPHYSICIST CONFERENCE INTERNATIONAL EXPOSITION) AT DENVER COLORADO, WHICH START FROM 26TH TO 31ST OF OCTOBER,2014.

*************REASON FOR DENYING ME ENTERING INTO THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA TO BE AT THE CONFERENCE*********************
THEY ASKED ME THAT HOW MANY DAYS AM I GOING TO SPEND? AND I SAID SEVEN DAYS AND I WANTED TO EXPLAINED TO HIM ABOUT THE TICKET BUT HE DIDN'T ALLOW ME TO TALK BEFORE HE ASKED FOR MY RETURNING TICKET , HE CALLED FOR ONE IMMIGRATION OFFICER AND THEY INTERROGATED ME AND HE ASKED ME THAT IF HE ASKED ME THAT YOU HAVE RETURN TICKET FOR MARCH 4, 2014. AND I EXPLAINED TO HIM THAT MY BROTHER BOOKED THE TICKET FOR ME BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME I CAN DO IT HERE, HE NOW ASKED ME ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE YOUR PLAIN TICKET SO THAT YOU CAN RETURN HOME IN SEVEN DAYS . AND I ANSWER HIM YES....HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT I DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO SUPPORT MY TRIP AND I TOLD HIM THAT THEY WILL SEND MONEY TO ME.WHICH I HAVE WITH ME 1086 DOLLARS AT HAND AT THE MOMENT WITH MY MASTERCARD.
HE ALSO SAID THAT I DID NOT HAVE THE FUND TO SUPPORT MY TRIP AND THERE FOR I AM INADMISSIBLE TO THE UNITED STATE TODAY AND SAID SUBJECT REFUSED TO ANSWER.I feel this is unjustice and want to know how to readdress that or what to do next thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2014
Jacob96:
Please i want to ask while filling my form I stated I will be visiting a state and the ticket to the state direct flight is quite expensive and I got to know I can buy a cheap ticket to ny and move to the stated state hope I won't have issue at the point of entry?
We don't comment on specific cases, but be sure to explain your situation at interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:05am On Oct 29, 2014
babymama07:
Hello VO, how u doing? Just wanted your advice on something. My parents travelled to the US a lot in the 1980's as they did other countries but the US is where they travelled to the most. The problem is their passports got missing when our family moved from our state of residence to another. They plan on applying for a b1/b2 visa in January 2014 but they don't have anything or prove(international passport with their visas) to show they have really been in the US especially when they fill the form and say YES where it is asked if they have been to the US before. Is there anything they can do? Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
They should explain their situation to the officer at interview and when asked.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2014
Jamalnea:
Good morning sir
There is no waiver for visa cancellation. You can always make another appointment and attempt to explain your situation to a VO.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2014
Uglykunu:
Dear visa officer, thanks for the good work you've been doing on this forum.

Please I will like to ask some few questions regarding f1 visa in respect to a friend of mine and I would want you to explain for the benefit of others.

My friend got visa through a school in the United States but because the school does not offer one of his major practical aspect, he decided to change to another school.

Note; he got visa with the school earlier and along the way he got another schools i20 admission letter, so he updated his former school, telling them to postpone his admission to the next semester, now the school have refused to send him a new i20 and they dont want to transfer his sevis record to his other school which will enable him to study in the states because they knew he already had visa with their school and doesn't want to study with them because of their low standard of education and high fees... What I want to know is

If it is possible for him to cancel his sevis records and pay another since he has not activated his visa, or is it a must for him to attend a school that doesn't meet up to his standard? What can he do in this case?

Thanks in advance for your response

Your friend's new school should be able to transfer his SEVIS fee on his behalf, but he can also go to https://www.fmjfee.com and pay another fee. He will also need a valid student visa annotated for his new school.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tuvichilli: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
Dear VO,
I am a Nigerian with a US green card married to an American and currently residing in the USA. I have a three year old child who is currently living with her mother in Nigeria. I intend inviting my daughter to visit me this Christmas and I'd like to know what documents the mother of my child should submit to the US Consulate for a non-immigrant visa for my child. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
njcjcjjc
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Uglykunu: 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
abujaniv:

Your friend's new school should be able to transfer his SEVIS fee on his behalf, but he can also go to https://www.fmjfee.com and pay another fee. He will also need a valid student visa annotated for his new school.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Raynor: 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hi
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Luvlydevin(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
good evening room, I just went to pay for my visa
application fee some few hours back, and to my
greatest shock the invitation letter been sent by my
uncle did not carry exactly the same passport number
as the one I have here on my international passport it
is messing one letter word now making my passport
no 8 instead of 9 please sir how am I going to resolve
this issue does this really matters as every other
things is correct
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:11am On Nov 01, 2014
tuvichilli:
Dear VO,
I am a Nigerian with a US green card married to an American and currently residing in the USA. I have a three year old child who is currently living with her mother in Nigeria. I intend inviting my daughter to visit me this Christmas and I'd like to know what documents the mother of my child should submit to the US Consulate for a non-immigrant visa for my child. Thank you.
The application is the same for all B2 NIV applications and can be found on our website or ustraveldocs.com/ng.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:14am On Nov 01, 2014
Uglykunu:

Thanks VO for your response,

He is not ready to apply for another visa interview because he's scared of been denied because he did not use the former visa, is there any assurance he can get, or will it not be necessary for him to take another interview? Can he use the Dropbox at dhl?

Also, is it possible for his new school to make the transfer without consulting the former school for help?

I will be waiting to hear from you.

Thanks for your help
He needs to contact his new school for more information about SEVIS. He does not qualify for drop box, as that is only for student visa renewals at the same school as the first visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2014
Raynor:
Hi
It is not legal to work on a B2 visa. We cannot predict what will happen in future interviews, but keep in mind that you used your prior visa improperly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.