Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819864 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2014
Luvlydevin:
good evening room, I just went to pay for my visa
application fee some few hours back, and to my
greatest shock the invitation letter been sent by my
uncle did not carry exactly the same passport number
as the one I have here on my international passport it
is messing one letter word now making my passport
no 8 instead of 9 please sir how am I going to resolve
this issue does this really matters as every other
things is correct
Invitations are not required for non-immigrant visa interviews. If you need to make a correction to your application, you should contact the call center at 01 440 2618.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Luvlydevin(m): 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
abujaniv:

Invitations are not required for non-immigrant visa interviews. If you need to make a correction to your application, you should contact the call center at 01 440 2618.
wao am relieved thanks and God bless sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2014
Thanks for your response Sir, I would like to know if they still have that previous information I gave to them..A friend told me the Embassy dont keep record of a j1 visa information..
abujaniv:

Invitations are not required for non-immigrant visa interviews. You can apply and try to explain yourself to the VO at your next interview. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pappy2000: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2014
Will travelling to other countries enchaces my chances of getting a visitor visa and my average monthly income is 150k.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kayfuture: 11:47am On Nov 03, 2014
c/o Abujaniv. Hi friend. I would like to know if a Visa officer can place a travel ban on an applicant without altering its passport? Reply asap! Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by vicarsenal(m): 1:02am On Nov 04, 2014
Sir,
If ones student visa application is refused based on
the following reasons ..... how do one tackle it?
1. Travel history
2. Length of proposed stay
3. Purpose of visit
4. Personal assets and financial status
5. Current employment situation
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sassyp(m): 6:59am On Nov 04, 2014
@abujaniv hello,i was thinking of what documents to take along with me for my B1/B2 tourist visa for a period of 15 days...could you guys pls tell me what and what is needed for my interview..as i am a student and been sponsored my my dad....an urgent answer is needed....thanks guys
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by raii: 11:12am On Nov 04, 2014
Hi VO. I was recently denied a us b1/b2 visa. I applied with my mum and hubby. I dis most of d answering

Vo: wats d relationship between all u three
Me: hubby and mum
Vo: purpose of visit
Me: have my baby in us
Vo:have you spoken to an obgyn and whats d doc's name and d costs
Me: yes. doc xy affiliated to xyz hospital. Told her of d costs flight n accommodation inclusive
Vo: where do u and ur hubby work and for how long
Vo: asked for my travel history I mentioned uk n gh. She asked for d passport wit d uk visa but I didnt have it and I said so.
Me and hubs: xy coy for xyz years
Vo: asks me you work as what. Describe ur job
Me: I an dis and do that
Vo: ask mum how many kids she has n deir locations
Mum: 4kids wit one in uk
Asks for our statements. We give her. She returns it and says sorry we cant grant u at dis time.

I didnt ask wat we did wrong though. And we have no strong rlship wit anyone in us so we filled no. I put my gross income and our current acct statements didnt have any huge inflows as most of d funds are in a joint fixed investment with d bank but we gave her that too.

She was directing most questions at me maybe because I was the primary applicant or I stood in d middle. I don't know.
Can anyone decipher wat went wrong. I plan to reapply alone.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by smokey12345: 12:27am On Nov 05, 2014
Hello VO,

I am glad to present my case to you.. Hello i am An architect and i got married to a United states citizen in January.. though she has been saying she want to file immigrant visa for me but i saidp no due to some stuffs i am doing here.. I work with a safety company where i am the Only architect they have and i also work part time elsewhere and i also have my freelance stuffs going on.. But there is a project we propsed for of which if everything went well it will be approved mid next year and i will be the main architect and this will boost my Status,Pocket and CV.and because of this i cant leave now but my wife is crying everytime that she wants to see me, Pls sir what can i do?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iyaaliyah: 6:32am On Nov 05, 2014
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
pappy2000:
Will travelling to other countries enchaces my chances of getting a visitor visa and my average monthly income is 150k.

Under Section 214(b) of US Immigration and Nationality Act Consular Officers look to see if visa applicants have ties to their home country that will compell them to return after their trip to the United States. We look at your career, how long you have been working, your family situation, your involvement in local organizations and, sometimes, your prior travel. Consular Officers take many factors into account when trying to decide if an applicant is qualified for a visa and travel is just one factor. However, more important to us than the stamp in your passport is your ability to speak about your travels if questioned.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
kayfuture:
c/o Abujaniv. Hi friend. I would like to know if a Visa officer can place a travel ban on an applicant without altering its passport? Reply asap! Thanks

Yes.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
vicarsenal:

Sir,
If ones student visa application is refused based on
the following reasons ..... how do one tackle it?
1. Travel history
2. Length of proposed stay
3. Purpose of visit
4. Personal assets and financial status
5. Current employment situation
Thanks

Student visas are evaluated a little bit differently then tourist visas. The Consular Officer is concerned with whether or not the applicant is actually planning on going to school in the United States and if they have the funds to pay for their schooling. If you are applying for a student visa and you are already employed you should be able to talk about how your program will enhance your work or why you want to change careers. You should be able to talk about the school that you selected and why you want to go there. Don't recite for us information that you read on the website - let us see that you have put a lot of thought into your decision about where you want to go to school and what you want to study. Also, we need to see that you can afford to pay for school - there are wonderful school programs in the United States for people of all different income levels so if you want to go to school in the US you should select a program that you can afford.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
Sassyp:
@abujaniv hello,i was thinking of what documents to take along with me for my B1/B2 tourist visa for a period of 15 days...could you guys pls tell me what and what is needed for my interview..as i am a student and been sponsored my my dad....an urgent answer is needed....thanks guys

You should bring all of the documents that you think that you might need to support your visa application. You should bring passports with information about your prior travel, information about your school, your father's bank information - anything that you think could help the Consular Officer get a good sense of who you are. That being said, the Consular Officer interviewing you may not ask to look at your documents. We make the decision to look at documents on a case-by-case basis so you should be prepared if we ask for something, but not upset if we don't.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
raii:
Hi VO. I was recently denied a us b1/b2 visa. I applied with my mum and hubby. I dis most of d answering

Vo: wats d relationship between all u three
Me: hubby and mum
Vo: purpose of visit
Me: have my baby in us
Vo:have you spoken to an obgyn and whats d doc's name and d costs
Me: yes. doc xy affiliated to xyz hospital. Told her of d costs flight n accommodation inclusive
Vo: where do u and ur hubby work and for how long
Vo: asked for my travel history I mentioned uk n gh. She asked for d passport wit d uk visa but I didnt have it and I said so.
Me and hubs: xy coy for xyz years
Vo: asks me you work as what. Describe ur job
Me: I an dis and do that
Vo: ask mum how many kids she has n deir locations
Mum: 4kids wit one in uk
Asks for our statements. We give her. She returns it and says sorry we cant grant u at dis time.

I didnt ask wat we did wrong though. And we have no strong rlship wit anyone in us so we filled no. I put my gross income and our current acct statements didnt have any huge inflows as most of d funds are in a joint fixed investment with d bank but we gave her that too.

She was directing most questions at me maybe because I was the primary applicant or I stood in d middle. I don't know.
Can anyone decipher wat went wrong. I plan to reapply alone.

We cannot comment on individual situations in this forum. I'm sorry that you were not found to be qualified for a visa during your interview. You can apply again in the future.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
smokey12345:
Hello VO,

I am glad to present my case to you.. Hello i am An architect and i got married to a United states citizen in January.. though she has been saying she want to file immigrant visa for me but i saidp no due to some stuffs i am doing here.. I work with a safety company where i am the Only architect they have and i also work part time elsewhere and i also have my freelance stuffs going on.. But there is a project we propsed for of which if everything went well it will be approved mid next year and i will be the main architect and this will boost my Status,Pocket and CV.and because of this i cant leave now but my wife is crying everytime that she wants to see me, Pls sir what can i do?

We cannot comment on individual cases in this forum. The visa officer will look at your ties to Nigeria when determining if you are eligible for a non-immigrant visa to travel to the United States. Each case must be evaluated on an invidual basis.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hi VO I called the embassy today to ask if I should include some documents with my application for drop box and the guy said no and he went further in checking my profile and said its inactive and that I should reapply with the previous email. Why is this as he didn't explain. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2014
Hello Nairalanders,

The U.S. Mission to Nigeria is pleased to announce that on November 8 its document collection and distribution partnership with DHL is expanding to include a new location in Port Harcourt. Just as with our DHL partner locations in Lagos and Abuja, visa applicants can now have their approved passports and visas forwarded to a DHL collection center in Port Harcourt. Applicants who interview in Lagos or Abuja will see the option of picking up their passport in Port Harcourt when applying online.

Similarly, applicants will be able to submit their passports to the DHL collection center in Port Harcourt as part of the U.S. Mission to Nigeria’s drop box renewal program, just as is currently done with collection centers in Lagos and Abuja. Information on the drop box renewal program is available at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html.

Processing times for tasks taking place via the collection center in Port Harcourt are expected to take one additional day than when a collection center in Abuja or Lagos is used, as the passports must be transported to and from Port Harcourt. For example, while a passport approved for visa issuance by U.S. Consulate General Lagos is generally ready for pick up in three days’ time from a Lagos collection center, it will be ready in four days’ time from the Port Harcourt center. Please plan accordingly.

The address for the DHL collection center in Port Harcourt is:

GSS Document Collection Center
DHL House, No. 82 Trans Amadi, Ellah Estate
Near Bewac Junction, Port Harcourt

Also, the U.S. Mission to Nigeria would like to remind everyone that when an applicant makes a non-immigrant visa interview appointment via www.ustraveldocs.com/ng they must include the correct confirmation number for their DS-160 electronic application form as part of the required information. Full instructions on how to make an appointment for a non-immigrant visa are available at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_appointmnent_instructions.html. Moreover, applicants must include their surname, given name and passport number exactly as they appear in their passport.

In the past some applicants have failed to do this, and instead brought passports or DS-160 confirmation printouts to their interviews which did not match the information provided when the appointment was made. As of December 1, 2014, this will no longer be possible. Applicants who present either passports or DS-160 confirmation printouts that do not match the information provided when the appointment was made will not be allowed to attend an interview. We anticipate this change will make application processing faster and more efficient.

Good luck!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Gozychuks(m): 11:49am On Nov 06, 2014
I want to go for my masters in a course which is realated to my first degree. My current salary is less than 100k. I av a sibling in d US who is my my co sponsor. I have two schools to choose from oneis in the same state with my sibling who is in military. Should I stay in same city with my sponsor or should I go to another state. My main is to grow career wise
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LUCAS99: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
abujaniv:
Hello Nairalanders,

The U.S. Mission to Nigeria is pleased to announce that on November 8 its document collection and distribution partnership with DHL is expanding to include a new location in Port Harcourt. Just as with our DHL partner locations in Lagos and Abuja, visa applicants can now have their approved passports and visas forwarded to a DHL collection center in Port Harcourt. Applicants who interview in Lagos or Abuja will see the option of picking up their passport in Port Harcourt when applying online.

Similarly, applicants will be able to submit their passports to the DHL collection center in Port Harcourt as part of the U.S. Mission to Nigeria’s drop box renewal program, just as is currently done with collection centers in Lagos and Abuja. Information on the drop box renewal program is available at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html.

Processing times for tasks taking place via the collection center in Port Harcourt are expected to take one additional day than when a collection center in Abuja or Lagos is used, as the passports must be transported to and from Port Harcourt. For example, while a passport approved for visa issuance by U.S. Consulate General Lagos is generally ready for pick up in three days’ time from a Lagos collection center, it will be ready in four days’ time from the Port Harcourt center. Please plan accordingly.

Also, the U.S. Mission to Nigeria would like to remind everyone that when an applicant makes a non-immigrant visa interview appointment via www.ustraveldocs.com/ng they must include the correct confirmation number for their DS-160 electronic application form as part of the required information. Full instructions on how to make an appointment for a non-immigrant visa are available at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_appointmnent_instructions.html. Moreover, applicants must include their surname, given name and passport number exactly as they appear in their passport.

In the past some applicants have failed to do this, and instead brought passports or DS-160 confirmation printouts to their interviews which did not match the information provided when the appointment was made. As of December 1, 2014, this will no longer be possible. Applicants who present either passports or DS-160 confirmation printouts that do not match the information provided when the appointment was made will not be allowed to attend an interview. We anticipate this change will make application processing faster and more efficient.

Good luck!
Does an applicant have to submit their passports to the DHL collection center in Port Harcourt in person or is it possible to ask my sibling to drop off my passport and supporting documentation on my behalf at the DHL collection center in Port Harcourt.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nemerem44(m): 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Good day VO? Thanks for the Good work. What does it mean to have "stronger ties" to Nigeria? I need you to throw more light on it. Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by khanalsubhash: 1:25am On Nov 07, 2014
Dear Sir,
I am a student currently enrolled in grade 12 in a college at Kathmandu. I'm planning to fly to the USA to pursue my further studies after grade 12, thanks to my sound educational background and sufficient funding. What I think can be obstacle in this aspect is,My father has been staying in the US currently in the form of asylee, but he has not been granted the asylum status yet. Due to circumstances, he had to go in a tourist visa and as a result of political fear, he is applying for asylum. Can this be the obstacle for me to travel to the US for my higher studies?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanking you.
Yours faithfully,
Rinping
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:26am On Nov 07, 2014
LUCAS99:
Does an applicant have to submit their passports to the DHL collection center in Port Harcourt in person or is it possible to ask my sibling to drop off my passport and supporting documentation on my behalf at the DHL collection center in Port Harcourt.
Your sibling can drop off your materials at DHL.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:27am On Nov 07, 2014
abujaniv:
Hello Nairalanders,

Good luck!

We wanted to point out again that starting December 1, you will only be able to attend your visa interview if your DS-160 confirmation printout matches the receipt number you used when scheduling your appointment. That means you should schedule the appointment yourself or make sure that the person who schedules for you uses your individual receipt number.

You will only be allowed to attend your interview with the passport bearing the number entered on your DS-160 AND if your name exactly matches the name in your passport AND with a DS-160 confirmation printout that matches the DS-160 application (CEAC) receipt number you used when scheduling the appointment.

You can find out more at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_appointmnent_instructions.html.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 07, 2014
Dear VO'
Please I need your candid advice. I applied for us visa in 2008 for a conference programme. Unfortunately, I was denied visa. That is not my problem; fellow intelligent nairalanders. The issue is someone actually assisted me to file the application here in Nigeria. Most of my details were not real up to the date of my birth on the passport. Today,as am typing these lines; am with a new valid passport obtained last year with my correct info. And av traveled to few countries with it. Now, I intend to apply for us visa, how can I go about it considering my initial deceitful application procedure. May God bless u as u offer me brilliant advice. Thanks in anticipation. The miserable man just misled me; i was so naive back then.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nemerem44(m): 9:36am On Nov 07, 2014
Good day VO? Thanks for the Good work. What does it mean to have "stronger ties" to Nigeria? I need you to throw more light on it. Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 2unxy: 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
hello VO

Am so delighted with all the response have been reading here and I pray God will solve your own problems too...

my case is that I have been applying for visa for like 3 times and had been rejected so my fiancée thought am rejected because my passport is fresh ( av not traveled outside Nigeria before ).

He paid someone to help us get a Dubai stamp on it and I went to d embassy last month ( Oct 2014) and the interviewer discovered that the stamp that man put on passport was fake so I was rejected....

I know I can't use the passport again so we are planing getting a new one and my fiancée don't want me to go through that mistake again so we both plan to visit Dubai for real and my company is sending me on a conference in Harvard next year April

am getting married in Dec this year which will make me have a change of name on my new passport .

my question is : hope getting a new passport I still stand a chance of going for the conference next year
and hope the mistake I made on my passport won't cause me a life ban from entering the united state .

thank u so much as I await a response from you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by StepG: 12:11am On Nov 09, 2014
abujaniv:

We don't require invitation letters for non-immigrant visas. You should have chosen the visa type when you applied, but it's likely B1/B2. You can visit our web site for more information: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by olayinkhar: 10:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
I want to know requirement for a visit visa in france embassy and what are the Procedure yo get a usa visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Gold45(f): 7:29am On Nov 10, 2014
dear abujaniv

My my brother has been refused a visa twice at the embassy a few years back, although it wasn't a virgin passport. Now he wants to reapply for he and his family to visit USA this December or Newyear but he is worried as someone told him the cause may be that he has been banned. He used an agent then but told the agent not to use any fake document as he is able to provide legitimate ties and all. Do you think he was banned? If he is banned truely, will this affect his family? I appreciate your time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.