Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819777 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by urstruly1: 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
Good day VO...

I am just curious about this...

EVERY TIME I apply for a US Non immigrant visa, my application ALWAYS gets put on an extended administrative processing. This is the 3rd time now, last two times being dropbox renewals but I still get called to come forward to an interview.

Is there something peculiar about my profile, name or situation that requires the extra scrutiny??

I've been to the US about 6 or 7 seven times now, never once overstayed, never once got in trouble

.. Infact, longest I've stayed is a month on two different occasions..

For the first administrative processing, it took about 7 months before I was eventually called..

For the second, took about a month... Now I've been placed on administrative processing again, after applying through a dropbox and being called for an interview.. Just a week now so far...

Its just a bit frustrating... I've lost alot of opportunities because of this.

Could U pls frankly answer this for me??

Thanks....

NB: Its really commendable that you have this platform where you can get in touch with and answer applicants directly... Really appreciate this effort... Kudos...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello Princesindy. You may apply with that passport, but it will mean having to carry around two passports when the current one expires.

Princesindy:
Hello VO, please may I know if I can use my passport that will expire by July 2017 to apply for a B2 visa by January 2017? My travel/vacation is 30 days beginning end of January. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello salt2. Yes, you may.

salt2:
Dear VO
My last B1/B2 visa was issued in Abuja. I am eligible for dropbox and I live in Lagos. Can I send my Dropbox application to Lagos?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello again salt2. Your first question is best directed to customer support. Almost all tourist visas are given for the combined B1/B2 purpose. So as long as your parent otherwise qualifies, they can use the dropbox method for renewal.

salt2:
Also VO
Please are receipts transferable?. I mistakenly bought B1/B2 receipts for myself twice. I now want to apply for my parent. I'm wondering if I could use one of the receipts.

Please my parent accompanied me on a B2 visa for childbirth in 2014 and now she wants to renew the Visa this time to attend a church camp meeting which is a B1. Does she qualify for a Dropbox?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello Sallah120. You are welcome to apply and explain your rationale at the interview. What the consular officer is trying to determine at the interview boils down to: 1) are you a bona fide student? 2) can you pay for your education?

Sallah120:
Dear officer,
Please I am actually a final year university student and will be graduating this year. I have applied and am accepted to pursue a four year degree course in the states in a field which will certainly help me . People have informed me that this is leading to outright rejection by the embassy because I am going for a second undergraduate degree
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello kallion. At least one parent needs to accompany the child. It is the rare newborn who can walk into an Embassy and respond to questions about their travel plans.

kallion:
Hello,
I recently was issued an NIV for my wife,baby and I,but we are expecting another baby.
My question: will I need to attend an interview while applying for my new born baby considering the fact that I have been issued a visa already?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello Teedawg. It usually takes 2-3 business days to return the passport after visa issuance. You can request an expedited interview and see if it is granted.

Teedawg:
hy Vo please how early can one get their passport after visa approval also is there an emergency visa interview option
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello wilgraham702. The five-year ban starts from the date of an expedited removal. It is possible to request a waiver of the inadmissibility. That said, if an applicant was complicit in fraud in the past, it is a high hurdle to demonstrate they are trustworthy now.

wilgraham702:
Good Morning VO
I was issued a F1 Student Visa in November 2012 to study in Ohio and i travelled the following Year May 2013 and was stopped by the Homeland Security Officer,Interogated and was returned to Nigeria at the POE in New york reasons for returning was that the agent that assisted in getting my document sent wrong/fake documents to the school i applied to then.
I was given the option of allowing me entry into the US if i can get a good attorney to defend me in court which i couldnt outrightly afford.I remember i was also asked if i had the funds to pay for the school fees upon arrival to the school in Ohio.

I was given a 5 year Ban before i left the US and asked to try and apply again after the Ban.

My question now is this,
My In-Law(A medical doctor) in North Carolina has been able to help me with getting an admission with a school in illinois and the said school has issued me an i20 and the school is scheduled to resume in August 2017 which means i would have to appear at the embassy for a Visa before August 2017.
I would like to know what possible chances or challenges of getting a visa would be, cos going by my calcuation my Ban of entry into the US is likely to be running by the time i go to the US Embassy here.

Should i be lucky to get the Visa here in Nigeria,What challenges am i likely to face upon arrival to the US much later.

How do i know the status of my Ban of entry into the US.

Thank you as i look forward to ur response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello urstruly1. Thank you for this question--unfortunately, there is no easy answer. There are countless situations that could result in "administrative processing," which means exactly what it says: administrators must process the application. I can understand your frustration in having to deal with this issue repeatedly. If the processing takes more than a month, it's a good idea to e-mail into the embassy to ask for an update. Beyond that, we must ask for your patience to let the process run its course.

urstruly1:
Good day VO...

I am just curious about this...

EVERY TIME I apply for a US Non immigrant visa, my application ALWAYS gets put on an extended administrative processing. This is the 3rd time now, last two times being dropbox renewals but I still get called to come forward to an interview.

Is there something peculiar about my profile, name or situation that requires the extra scrutiny??

I've been to the US about 6 or 7 seven times now, never once overstayed, never once got in trouble

.. Infact, longest I've stayed is a month on two different occasions..

For the first administrative processing, it took about 7 months before I was eventually called..

For the second, took about a month... Now I've been placed on administrative processing again, after applying through a dropbox and being called for an interview.. Just a week now so far...

Its just a bit frustrating... I've lost alot of opportunities because of this.

Could U pls frankly answer this for me??

Thanks....

NB: Its really commendable that you have this platform where you can get in touch with and answer applicants directly... Really appreciate this effort... Kudos...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oriagome: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello VO thanks for the time and support and assistant on this forum, which means you people are not here to denial but to assist the right once. I eventually got my visa of 4 family approved in Abuja on the 3rd Jan 2017. Am suppose to collect after two business days which falls on the 6th Jan 2017. I tracked on the 5th two passport were ready, on 6th today 3 are ready left with 1.

Does that mean the 4 are not ready yet? I wanted to travel and pick the four at a time.
Should be 4 be ready before traveling to pick them.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Anonymous95: 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
Good day VO. I am writing this in order to get your honest opinion and assistance. I applied at the us consulate twice for M1 student visa and I got denied those two times. Now I want to apply for visiting. Is that a good move to take.
Looking forward to ur reply thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by folarinstr: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
Pls , can anyone tell me how many days the us visa fee receipt can be kept before booking an appointment, thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oriagome: 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
oriagome:

Hello VO thanks for the time and support and assistant on this forum, which means you people are not here to denial but to assist the right once. I eventually got my visa of 4 family approved in Abuja on the 3rd Jan 2017. Am suppose to collect after two business days which falls on the 6th Jan 2017. I tracked on the 5th two passport were ready, on 6th today 3 are ready left with 1.

Does that mean the 4 are not ready yet? I wanted to travel and pick the four at a time.
Should be 4 be ready before traveling to pick them.

thanks the 4 are ready now.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by folarinstr: 8:22am On Jan 07, 2017
Dear VO
Pls I want to know how long I can keep the US visa fee receipt I was given at the Gtbank before booking appointment, thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ayabemm16: 10:49am On Jan 07, 2017
Good day VO. When applying for a B1/B2 visa, can I present only my husband's statement of account as he is the sponsor, or do I move the money into my own account just before the interview? If I am to use his statement of account only, should he write a letter? Thank you.
Please note I'm applying without him.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jpierre: 11:29am On Jan 07, 2017
Greetings, I do hear statement of account of d person sponsoring someone to United States is always required to present his or statement of account... pls what's d minimum amount required to be in d account. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kallion: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2017
Thanks for the support.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dadekunle: 11:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hello VO,

Please I need your advice..... I am an Evangelist, I was invited to minister in one of our parishes in the US for two times but was refused on the two occasions. The challenge is I can not specifically identify why the VISA was rejected on these occasions. My questions:

1. I applied under B1/B2; please clarify or confirm if that is the right category for my class (Invitation to minister in a church program)
2. What are the likely loopholes in my application
3. I was called by another church again in the US to minister, though I have not given my consent to the church. Please confirm if I can reapply the third time and also advise on possible things I need to do. I acknowledge I may be doing somethings ignorantly.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Afamdi12: 9:09am On Jan 08, 2017
Please I need someone to respond urgently, I will be grateful. I applied for a bi/b2 visa from London on basis of conference and was given a two yr visa. I'm back to Nigeria now. Do I qualify for a dropbox? Or I will be asked to come fr an interview. Visa is expiring in march, I need to know what to do as I want to renew. Someone help this confused man. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shawla: 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
Dear VO,

My parents B1/B2 visa recently expired and they want to travel to the US later this year to see my sibling, who is due give birth. My sibling had filed an immigrant visa for them but this is still pending. Can they renew their B1/B2 visa? They have been to the US severally and they are not looking to migrate in the short term as they have business interests in Nigeria.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
joined nairaland specifically for this thread..lol @abujaniv my question goes like this please is it possible to ask your interviewer if he or she can help you hasten the collection of your passport like with a day or 2 ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Opsynene: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hello
I applied for visas for my twin children to travel to the US for holiday, they went with a tour guide and the consular officer asked that the tour guide should present there parents
When we went to the embassy, it was another consular officer that we met and asked the tour guide his company papers me but he did not take it into the interview room, she now asked that he should list the names of the children he has travelled with
At the end of the day she put the children's application under administration
We have been on this since end of May 2016
Have called and sent numerous emails
The email that was opened actually had a guy responded and directed the officer to respond to the inquiry that was in November of last year, but we are in 2017 and still have not heard from them
Can we apply again? Or is there any other options
If they are denied would have been better
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by daway: 10:26am On Jan 09, 2017
good morning, i am applying for a b1/b2 visa to attend a symposium in a couple of months. am married with kids, will be travelling to nigeria for my visa interview as the available date for appointment in X country is in the second week in April. I have a valid resident permit in X country.

will i encounter any hitch travelling to nigeria to apply and please advise on what am expected to come with for the interview.

PS: I applied for b1/b2 in 2015 and was refused, I guess i have not enough travel history.

please advise
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nettuno: 11:29am On Jan 09, 2017
Please VO my R1 visa documents was addressed to the Lagos consulate by USCIS. I don't like going to Lagos, can I go to the Embassy in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fibonaci: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hello VO,

I want to ask a question..

I applied for a renewal of my expired non-immigrant visa thru the dropbox and was placed on Administrative processing.. After a week, was called for an interview and still placed on administrative processing after the interview, which was last week.

Today, I checked the status of the application and it was showed status updated date: 9th January, 2017... being today's date.

Just want to ask what this means.... Does this status update mean that the administrative processing has been concluded and I will soon be called to bring in my passport for the visa

Please let me know... Thanks alot...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KAY187: 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dear VO.
Am so glad you address my issue here,thanks a lot,I agreed been party to the deception, i was misled and lost a lot of money as well, but I seek your candid advice on what I can do to redeem my wrong doing,again it was not 2014 sir,it was around 2006/7 because I went back to school to do my degree program after that experiece and I finished in 2014,got married as well with three kids between then and now, most time my wife raised the issue of vacation in the US this is always my excuse,we've been to Dubai,and telling them that part of the world wasn't WEST made them press me the more.Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Soulsister: 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hello VO,
My b1/b2 visa is expiring on the 19th and I intend traveling on the 15th. It's an emergency travel plan and renewing will take some time. Am I allowed to travel?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2017
Hello ayabemm16. Documents, including bank statements, are rarely examined, and typically only when the applicant wants to go for school or medical treatment.

ayabemm16:
Good day VO. When applying for a B1/B2 visa, can I present only my husband's statement of account as he is the sponsor, or do I move the money into my own account just before the interview? If I am to use his statement of account only, should he write a letter? Thank you.
Please note I'm applying without him.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2017
Hello Jpierre. The information you have is incorrect. Statements of account are rarely examined. Applicants must qualify on their own merits, not someone else's finances.

Jpierre:
Greetings, I do hear statement of account of d person sponsoring someone to United States is always required to present his or statement of account... pls what's d minimum amount required to be in d account. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.