Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

Questions That Baffle Me About God - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions That Baffle Me About God (21979 Views)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / The Interesting things About God / Discussion Between Professor And Student About God, Faith And Science. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 6:43am On Jul 14, 2014
JMAN05:

All these are mythology. Peter said of the Christ;

2Pet. 1:16

No, it was not by following artfully contrived false stories (mythos) that we acquainted YOU with the power and presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, but it was by having become eyewitnesses of his magnificence.

The apostles were aware of this myths, that is why he made it clear that their's weren't such. The historicity of early Christians is not in doubt by sincere people, even Richard Dawkins agreed that Jesus existed.

You need to go and read more on Krishna. Krishna existed decades before Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by iamord(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2014
JMAN05:

All these are mythology. Peter said of the Christ;

2Pet. 1:16

No, it was not by following artfully contrived false stories (mythos) that we acquainted YOU with the power and presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, but it was by having become eyewitnesses of his magnificence.

The apostles were aware of this myths, that is why he made it clear that their's weren't such. The historicity of early Christians is not in doubt by sincere people, even Richard Dawkins agreed that Jesus existed.
I don't doubt the existence of Jesus in anyway. But its expected that you are quick to debunk anything contrary to your belief ,you are judging the matter according to your
accepted ideology, I brought up a factual claim but you are not questioning the ideology that you have accepted. What's your own yard stick of measuring a religion or belief as a myth? Usually it is the myths of cultures that turn into religions. All the religions people practice today are based on myths of dead cultures. If Christianity didn't survive to this generation it will also be a myth.. The story of horus is still very much alive and is worshiped. From the free masons to the sugar coated catholics. The elite over time have succeeded in bringing an organized religion and controlling the flow of information that goes to the masses. Mixing the so called things that you may call myth into the religion.. The likes of sun worship ,christmas and easter. The horus story was discovered from various archaeological texts like the dead sea scroll. Which dates far back as the time of abraham.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 14, 2014
qstar:

You need to go and read more on Krishna. Krishna existed decades before Jesus.

and what has that got to do with Jesus? existed you say? those stories are myths.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2014
JMAN05:

and what has that got to do with Jesus? existed you say? those stories are myths.

Then "Jesus" is the strongest myth.

The truth about these stories is, it's not as if these men didn't exist, but overtime, their stories have been edited and re-edited that the current versions are very unreliable.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2014
Who is this mere mortal to question God? At the beginning He created everything good. Whatever is happening now is the choice we human made. And it was as a result if the free-will given to us which was abused.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex: Who is this mere mortal to question God?
This is the problem with black people. We do not want to know.The native doctors said people shouldn't question the gods when they said twins were evil and unnatural and are to be killed , now we know it is wrong. If the White people did not ask questions, did not want to know do you think they'll be ruling the world?
At the beginning He created everything good. Whatever is happening now is the choice we human made.
Yes, diseases are man-made. Hurricanes, volcanoes, floods, etc are man-made.
And it was as a result if the free-will given to us which was abused.
If will is "free" how can it be "abused"?

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by iamord(m): 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex: Who is this mere mortal to question God? At the beginning He created everything good. Whatever is happening now is the choice we human made. And it was as a result if the free-will given to us which was abused.
okay let me take my chair and sit down in your school of thought! But I got some questions

At the beginning He created everything good. Whatever is happening now is the choice we human made.
pls do you know that there is a big hurricane in saturn. Jupiter and Neptune both have continuous storms lasting millions of years that are worse than any hurricane ever to occur on Earth.
Do we also attribute that to humans?

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
Apatheist: This is the problem with black people. We do not want to know.The native doctors said people shouldn't question the gods when they said twins were evil and unnatural and are to be killed , now we know it is wrong. If the White people did not ask questions, did not want to know do you think they'll be ruling the world? Yes, diseases are man-made. Hurricanes, volcanoes, floods, etc are man-made.
If will is "free" how can it be "abused"?

The world is not a place of magic. Its not like you have it in all those movies you watch but there is something you should know. In the absence of magic comes logic and reasoning. Take a look around you and tell me if the trees don't have processes to grow. Look at the butterflies and how beautiful they are, do you think it was all coincidence? the gods you refer to are not the same as God mind you, so don't use that as an example to drive your point. There is a law governing the world. The rain falls when it is due, so also the snow. The volcanoes and hurricanes alike. Does that make Him a wicked God? You want Him to come down and solve problem we humans can solve ourselves? Why didn't He save His son Jesus from being killed? There are things called mystery that even your small brain cant grasp, so stop trying to find answers else you go berserk.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
iamord: okay let me take my chair and sit down in your school of thought! But I got some questions

pls do you know that there is a big hurricane in saturn. Jupiter and Neptune both have continuous storms lasting millions of years that are worse than any hurricane ever to occur on Earth.
Do we also attribute that to humans?

The hurricane you are talking about is as a result of some reactions be it chemical or physical. The same thing we face here on earth too. When you plant seed in the soil was it magic that caused it to yield fruits? Its a process and the same process you find at hurricanes only it is different. Were you expecting everything created by God to be enjoyable? How then would Man subdue the earth as commanded?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by iamord(m): 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

The hurricane you are talking about is as a result of some reactions be it chemical or physical. The same thing we face here on earth too. When you plant seed in the soil was it magic that caused it to yield fruits? Its a process and the same process you find at hurricanes only it is different. Were you expecting everything created by God to be enjoyable? How then would Man subdue the earth as commanded?
okay good .. But in your first statement why did u generally attribute reactions to God when you stated Whatever is happening now is the choice we human made. And it was as a result if the free-will given to us which was abused.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
iamord: okay good .. But in your first statement why did u generally attribute reactions to God when you stated Whatever is happening now is the choice we human made. And it was as a result if the free-will given to us which was abused.

Free will comes in terms of diseases and accidents we see today. When people have sex with animals what do you think would be the result? When we neglect certain measures in maintenance what are the results? Accidents of course! War and chaos happening today are choices we make and not God. Atomic bombs we build are from resources from the earth; who built these bombs? Everything in this world has been created for good but we are the ones who are the evil ones.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by iamord(m): 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

Free will comes in terms of diseases and accidents we see today. When people have sex with animals what do you think would be the result? When we neglect certain measures in maintenance what are the results? Accidents of course! War and chaos happening today are choices we make and not God. Atomic bombs we build are from resources from the earth; who built these bombs? Everything in this world has been created for good but we are the ones who are the evil ones.
u r right that the misfortunes r not from God but have u asked why its hard to hear of a natural disaster in africa?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
iamord: u r right that the misfortunes r not from God but have u asked why its hard to hear of a natural disaster in Africa?

And have you asked the following questions: why are we not having snow in Africa ? why are we not having winter? Have you asked about those living at the Antarctica part of the world? Have you asked why you were given birth to where you find yourself right now? Have you asked yourself why didn't God put everyone in the world in Africa so that no one would face hurricanes? Have you seen the shape of the world? God didn't make a mistake making it the way it is, because He never makes mistake. No matter how you see it, they have mineral resources as a result of their climate, so do the Africans too. There is no way you can get everything at one point or is there? There is a balance in everything He created. Have you asked yourself why you have two ears, eyes, hands and legs?

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

The world is not a place of magic.
Says the person that believes in talking Donkeys.
Its not like you have it in all those movies you watch but there is something you should know. In the absence of magic comes logic and reasoning.
The "logic and reasoning" you're talking about is science. The "logic and reasoning " is questioning "God"
Take a look around you and tell me if the trees don't have processes to grow. Look at the butterflies and how beautiful they are, do you think it was all coincidence?
Beauty is subjective.What you see as beautiful, others may not. Beauty is not a proof of Intelligent Design
the gods you refer to are not the same as God mind you, so don't use that as an example to drive your point.
All deities are the same. 'god' or "God", they are all the same.
There is a law governing the world. The rain falls when it is due, so also the snow. The volcanoes and hurricanes alike. Does that make Him a wicked God?
Yes, you said the world was created perfect by your god, and that man's problems are man-made. I told you that Hurricanes and volcanos are not created by man, and they do harm. So if god created something that does harm, he is wicked.
You want Him to come down and solve problem we humans can solve ourselves?
Humans, solving tornados since forever. Have you heard of the machine that stops volcanos? shocked
Why didn't He save His son Jesus from being killed?
You believe he exists.Ask him why he killed his son.
There are things called mystery that even your small brain cant grasp,
That is why there is science, to unravel mysteries.
so stop trying to find answers else you go berserk.
Which brings us back to my first reply:
Apatheist: This is the problem with black people. We do not want to know.
Left to people like you we'll still be in the stone age, because you don't want to find answers. Which is why you'll always be a slave to the white man that will risk "going berserk" to find answers for niggers like you.

2 Likes

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
Apatheist: Says the person that believes in talking Donkeys. The "logic and reasoning" you're talking about is science. The "logic and reasoning " is questioning "God" Beauty is subjective.What you see as beautiful, others may not. Beauty is not a proof of Intelligent Design All deities are the same. 'god' or "God", they are all the same. Yes, you said the world was created perfect by your god, and that man's problems are man-made. I told you that Hurricanes and volcanos are not created by man, and they do harm. So if god created something that does harm, he is wicked. Humans, solving tornados since forever. Have you heard of the machine that stops volcanos? shocked You believe he exists.Ask him why he killed his son. That is why there is science, to unravel mysteries. Which brings us back to my first reply: Left to people like you we'll still be in the stone age, because you don't want to find answers. Which is why you'll always be a slave to the white man that will risk "going berserk" to find answers for niggers like you.

You are an atheist, I don't need you to give answers to my post because everything about you is negative. Mind you the answers you seek are what your fore-fathers have been seeking from time immemorial till date, yet they are still clueless just like you. Keep searching and when you have found your logical answers please reply this post. And if not..........please find something else to argue on. Nairaland is not a place to find unbelievers like you.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

You are an atheist, I don't need you to give answers to my post because everything about you is negative.
Your god told you this?
Mind you the answers you seek are what your fore-fathers have been seeking from time immemorial till date, yet they are still clueless just like you.
While I agree that relative to what the world is, we know very little, relative to our progenitors, we have come a long way. If you could go to the past with your phone, chances are your forefathers will worship you for being a god.
Keep searching and when you have found your logical answers please reply this post. And if not..........please find something else to argue on.
I just replied you. Funny, you didn't reply any of my posts. Is that what god told you to do?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
Apatheist: Your god told you this? While I agree that relative to what the world is, we know very little, relative to our progenitors, we have come a long way. If you could go to the past with your phone, chances are your forefathers will worship you for being a god.
I just replied you. Funny, you didn't reply any of my posts. Is that what god told you to do?

hehehehehehe...............admit it, you are just blabbing in this last post of yours. I can't even remember what the question is. And yes , my forefathers would worship if I were to go back with a cell phone. so now tell me something, why not project to 50 years and tell me the discoveries we might unravel pertaining to this topic?.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

I can't even remember what the question is.
You can read, can't you? Scroll up. smiley
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
Apatheist:
You can read, can't you? Scroll up. smiley

I don't need to scroll up. In as much as man has been given intelligence to subdue the earth, that intelligence is not up to 1/1000000000000th of the mystery behind God's nature and creation.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

hehehehehehe...............admit it, you are just blabbing in this last post of yours. I can't even remember what the question is. And yes , my forefathers would worship if I were to go back with a cell phone. so now tell me something, why not project to 50 years and tell me the discoveries we might unravel pertaining to this topic?.

Eberex, imagine that i annoyed you, you wanted to forgive me. Would killing your son abate your anger?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
qstar:

Eberex, imagine that i annoyed you, you wanted to forgive me. Would killing your son abate your anger?

lol.............do you know what you just did? You are comparing me to God. Listen too yourself!!! As if you are qualified to answer the question if thrown at you?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

I don't need to scroll up. In as much as man has been given intelligence to subdue the earth,
And you say we shouldn't use that intelligence. You say we shouldn't ask questions, you say we shouldn't strive to know. You are mocking your god that gave you intelligence.
that intelligence is not up to 1/1000000000000th of the mystery behind God's nature and creation.
I've unravelled the "mystery " behind god's creation.
On the first day, man created god in his own image and likeness, as a master and as a slave.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
Apatheist: And you say we shouldn't use that intelligence. You say we shouldn't ask questions, you say we shouldn't strive to know. You are mocking your god that gave you intelligence.
I've unravelled the "mystery " behind god's creation.
On the first day, man created god in his own image and likeness, as a master and as a slave.

oh! man is now the creator.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

lol.............do you know what you just did? You are comparing me to God. Listen too yourself!!! As if you are qualified to answer the question if thrown at you?

But your Bible says that we are created after his likeness.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex: [/b]

oh! man is now the creator.
of god, yes.
See my post :
Apatheist: On the first day, man created god in his own image and likeness, as a master and as a slave.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
qstar:

But your Bible says that we are created after his likeness.

Are you omnipotent, Omniscience and Omnipresence? When you talk of likeness do you think we are referring to humans having these qualities? Give me a break! We have power of reasoning and knowledge, why not compare yourself to goats and chickens. So because we are created in His likeness you claim to have His powers or what?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

Are you omnipotent, Omniscience and Omnipresence? When you talk of likeness do you think we are referring to humans having these qualities? Give me a break! We have power of reasoning and knowledge, why not compare yourself to goats and chickens. So because we are created in His likeness you claim to have His powers or what?

Atleast, His feelings, emotions e.g. love, anger.

But, don't start the arguement of omnipotence, omniscience, omni-omni, etc. 'Cos, you really do not know what those words mean.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
qstar:

Atleast, His feelings, emotions e.g. love, anger.

But, don't start the arguement of omnipotence, omniscience, omni-omni, etc. 'Cos, you really do not know what those words mean.

I will since you are already trying to compare yourself to Him
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Elijah78: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
macof: Op, just dump religion and follow your consciousness

Religion is nothing more than man made dogmas to cause commotion

Well said!!!!! I have a friend who is asking same questions like the OP and i feel this is just the answer....Follow your conscience. Period
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by frank317: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eberex:

I will since you are already trying to compare yourself to Him

you dont get what these guys are talking about do you?

you sound more like a robot than and intelligent being. Have you ever prided yourself to be an intelligent guy? please stop and reevaluate your self. your argument is wack. go listen to Christians like efficiencie and strive to be like him (even though he knows his problem) before you embarrass your God here

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Eberex(m): 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
frank317:

you dont get what these guys are talking about do you?

you sound more like a robot than and intelligent being. Have you ever prided yourself to be an intelligent guy? please stop and reevaluate your self. your argument is wack. go listen to Christians like efficiencie and strive to be like him (even though he knows his problem) before you embarrass your God here

I don't even know which side you are in the first place
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
@eberex. Do you agree that God is: all-powerful(omnipotent), all-loving(omnibenevolent), all-knowing(omniscient) and all-present(omnipresent)?
Do you agree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak / Even As A Bible Reader, You Don't Know These Facts / Apostle Suleman Donates N1m To A Baby Who Lost His Mother After Delivery(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.