Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Questions That Baffle Me About God - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions That Baffle Me About God (21651 Views)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / The Interesting things About God / Discussion Between Professor And Student About God, Faith And Science. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie:

Where did the Bible say the earth is flat!? Can you point out a verse or two that alludes to that!?
Busy now, you can read this site.
Geocentrism in the Bible

You can also read this one

Biblical flat earth claims
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie:

Where did the Bible say the earth is flat!? Can you point out a verse or two that alludes to that!?

You seem not to know your Bible. Yet you come here to defend it. Defending what you have not finished reading. hmmmm.

Ignorance is permitted, in religion, ignorance is bliss
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2014
qstar:

You seem not to know your Bible. Yet you come here to defend it. Defending what you have not finished reading. hmmmm.

Ignorance is permitted, in religion, ignorance is bliss

Questions are not only asked by ignorant people...often times even those who are well informed need to ask questions to be sure that what they know is what is known...Mr qstar, you don't always have to be confrontational we are just stating our positions...
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2014
MrOlai: MIRACLE OF THE HOLY QURAN:
Sea is mentioned 32 times in Quran. Land is mentioned 13 times in Quran.
Sea(32) + Land(13) = 45
Sea = 32/45 x 100 = 71.111%
Land = 13/45 x 100 =28.889%
Land + Sea = 100%.

Modern science has recently proven that water covers 71.111% of the earth, while the land covers 28.889% !

Sir with all due respect this is not a proof. That the word sea is mentioned 71% of the time in the Quran does not prove that 71% of the earth is filled with water...and besides, proofs are in the realms of science and not religion!
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2014
qstar: ^^^

You doubt science. You take science as god's enemy. You believe science is lying to denigrate your religion.

What else can i say? Believe whatever you want to believe, even if 90% of the world population believed same with you, that doesn't make it true.
Just as I can believe that mermaids exist, that doesn't make it true too. It only exists in my mind.

Sir, if hated science i would not be a thinker. If i hated science i would not have striven to have a university education, If i hated science mathematics would not be my past time...I would like to point out that my posts and comments all have a central theme and at the core of this theme is the dichotomy of the physical and the spiritual, as well as their tenets and principles!
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2014
Apatheist:
Geocentrism in the Bible

I got these two verses from the second website you directed me to:

Isaiah 40:22
It is he who sits above the circle of the earth , and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;

Isaiah 11:12
He will raise an ensign for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the[b] four corners of the earth.[/b]

...can you please explain how the earth would be a circle and at the same time have four corners...you can be as mathematical as you can!
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
Apatheist:
Geocentrism in the Bible

From the wikipedia website i got this:

Matthew 4:8: "Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world"

Luke 4:5: "And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in[b] a moment of time.[/b]"

Irrespective of the whether the bible assumes the earth to be spherical or flat, my question is how could satan have shown Jesus Christ all the kingdoms of the world are both of them that long sighted? and how could satan have shown Jesus ALL, ALL as in ALL the kingdoms of the world not in an hour, or in a week or maybe a month, BUT IN A MOMENT...Any analytical mind will rapidly come to the conclusion that most of the what the bible talks about are acts, events and phenomena that are often outside the realms of reason and evidence...
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie:

From the wikipedia website i got this:

Matthew 4:8: "Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world"

Luke 4:5: "And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in[b] a moment of time.[/b]"

Irrespective of the whether the bible assumes the earth to be spherical or flat, my question is how could satan have shown Jesus Christ all the kingdoms of the world are both of them that long sighted? and how could satan have shown Jesus ALL, ALL as in ALL the kingdoms of the world not in an hour, or in a week or maybe a month, BUT IN A MOMENT...Any analytical mind will rapidly come to the conclusion that most of the what the bible talks about are acts, events and phenomena that are often outside the realms of reason and evidence...
LMFAO
So when the Buy-bull is wrong it is "out of the realm of reason and evidence"?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie:

I got these two verses from the second website you directed me to:

Isaiah 40:22
It is he who sits above the circle of the earth , and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;

Isaiah 11:12
He will raise an ensign for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the[b] four corners of the earth.[/b]

...can you please explain how the earth would be a circle and at the same time have four corners...you can be as mathematical as you can!
Another biblical contradiction.
By the way, the earth is not circular.

Were those the only verses you found?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:

True. Gods are simply Energies personified

And it's insanity for a sect to claim absolute authority and knowledge on even one form of energy talkless of the entire mysteries of the vast universe

To those that assert that Gods are simply energies personified I have this concern which i would like you to address:

If God were simply energies, then by the Kalam argument these energies must have a cause and this is obvious considering that these energies were brought into existence by the big bang. Now this means that 'Gods' as defined by macof were created and are not primordial...and if these 'Gods' were the aftermath of the big bang it would amount to a dangerous error to refer to them as 'Gods'...Whatever must be called God must be the entity or phenomena that created the singularity that resulted in the big bang and this entity or phenomena must not have a cause...whatever it is, it must not have a beginning and by corollary it must not have an end!
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie:

Questions are not only asked by ignorant people...often times even those who are well informed need to ask questions to be sure that what they know is what is known...Mr qstar, you don't always have to be confrontational we are just stating our positions...

Who's confronting you? Were you not the one that came here spewing trash? That scientists are lying, the earth is 6000yrs old, bla bla blah.

Anyway, i've observed you are jobless. Please use your idle time on something worthwhile.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
qstar:

Who's confronting you? Were you not the one that came here spewing trash? That scientists are lying, the earth is 6000yrs old, bla bla blah.

Anyway, i've observed you are jobless. Please use your idle time on something worthwhile.

I am sorry if i hurt you by what may appear to be my aggressive defense of my views...my apologies! The truth is i don't know who you are and where we'll meet, you may be the solution to my worst problem tomorrow...My apologies again, i mean no offense!
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie:

I am sorry if i hurt you by what may appear to be my aggressive defense of my views...my apologies! The truth is i don't know who you are and where we'll meet, you may be the solution to my worst problem tomorrow...My apologies again, i mean no offense!

I don hear. Use your time wisely.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by iamord(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
This is one step to changing nigerian
and africa to accelerate development.

www.nairaland.com/1808167/how-separation-church-mosque-state
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by macof(m): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie:

To those that assert that Gods are simply energies personified I have this concern which i would like you to address:

If God were simply energies, then by the Kalam argument these energies must have a cause and this is obvious considering that these energies were brought into existence by the big bang. Now this means that 'Gods' as defined by macof were created and are not primordial...and if these 'Gods' were the aftermath of the big bang it would amount to a dangerous error to refer to them as 'Gods'...Whatever must be called God must be the entity or phenomena that created the singularity that resulted in the big bang and this entity or phenomena must not have a cause...whatever it is, it must not have a beginning and by corollary it must not have an end!

Gods are not what you want them to be they are what they are.

Gods are personified Energies, Everything "inorganic" tends to have a personification, so I can personify what Scientist call Electrostatic potential energy as Sango

The bolded refers to what I call Olodumare. Now understanding the nature of the universe is understanding Olodumare.

Your Problem is that you are not an observer, you only listen to ur pastor and read from other men then claim you know the nature of the universe and the intensions of the creator

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by truthman2012(m): 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
The OP is full of intelligent points. Every sound mind is tempted to ask such questions. But as humans, there are certain things that are beyond our knowledge and comprehension.

You don't make judgement based on the statement from one party. If God were to respond to the points raised, am so sure we shall all be speechless.

There are many events in our world that prove the existence of God. If you don't believe in miracles, which is the manifestion of the supernatural, you must believe there is dream, which science has not been able to explain.

As for the questions we shall understand them better when we get to Him.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by macof(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
truthman2012: The OP is full of intelligent points. Every sound mind is tempted to ask such questions. But as humans, there are certain things that are beyong our knowledge and comprehension.

You don't make judgement based on the statement from one party. If God were to respond to the points raised, am so sure we shall all be speechless.

There are many events in our world that prove the existence of God. If you don't believe in miracles, which is the manifestion of the supernatural, you must believe there is dream, which science has not been able to explain.

As for you question we shall understand them better when we get to Him.

There's all the evidence for a creator, but there's no evidence for any God

Jehovah doesn't exist and that's a fact!
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by macof(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dapo777:

Ok,u seem to be very objective when analyzing science,can u be as objective in analyzing the Bible too?

Is the Bible truth? Is it established? Can the Bible evolve? Are the descriptions of earth in the Bible still valid till date?

Please sir I want u to use the same honest scrutiny u used in analyzing science to analyse the description of earth in the Bible. Do they still hold true today?
Thanks.

It's funny how this guy efficiencie Ignored this like every other Christian.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by macof(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie: knowledge is based on reason and evidence, beliefs are based on faith!

your beliefs are based on hope not faith. You don't have faith in what you don't know
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by truthman2012(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:

Does Jesus exist? History supports there was a man named Jesus that came over 2000 years ago. Infact our calendar is made after him. Who was his sender and what was he sent for?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:

Gods are personified Energies, Everything "inorganic" tends to have a personification, so I can personify what Scientist call Electrostatic potential energy as Sango

The bolded refers to what I call Olodumare. Now understanding the nature of the universe is understanding Olodumare.

Your Problem is that you are not an observer, you only listen to ur pastor and read from other men then claim you know the nature of the universe and the intensions of the creator

Sir you are accusing me of the same crime you have just committed...you claim i am not an observer and that i only listen to my pastor and read from men...but you have not OBSERVED me not observing, you have not OBSERVED me listen to pastors alone, you have not OBSERVED get knowledge from men's books about the universe alone... YOU BARELY EVEN KNOW ME That's funny sir.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie:

Sir you are accusing me of the same crime you have just committed...you claim i am not an observer and that i only listen to my pastor and read from men...but you have not OBSERVED me not observing, you have not OBSERVED me listen to pastors alone, you have not OBSERVED get knowledge from men's books about the universe alone... YOU BARELY EVEN KNOW ME That's funny sir.

You are funny o! LWKMD!
You don't know macof, wetin concern macof concern pastor?
Macof is an African traditional religionist. His knowledge is a mixture of science and spirituality.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
truthman2012:

Does Jesus exist? History supports there was a man named Jesus that came over 2000 years ago. Infact our calendar is made after him. Who was his sender and what was he sent for?
Wrong, our calendar was not modeled after him.
Besides, in scientific circles we use BCE and CE.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by macof(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
truthman2012:

Actually, no man named Jesus existed 2000years ago

history and linguistics supports this
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:

His name was Yeshua.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:

undecided how does linguistics support your assertion...
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by macof(m): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
efficiencie:

undecided how does linguistics support your assertion...
Do u deny that no one named Jesus existed
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:

Then you could also personify emotions, personify the abstract entities, personify symbols and other entities as God! Your God is quite easy to serve...I'm sure your God does not have do's and don'ts like those of Christianity and Islam...ah well, it appears there are as many Gods as there are men! Whoever he is he is the MEGA STAR OF ALL TIMES...He's got people arguing day and night, some are willing to die to defend him and some others are willing to kill to defend him...many shriek at mere mention of the name 'God'...
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:
Do u deny that no one named Jesus existed

Sir you said linguistics supports the view that Jesus never existed...It would be interesting to see how linguistics proves this...
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by truthman2012(m): 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:

Good, you accepted there is a creator but what is the name of that creator?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by truthman2012(m): 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:

Whether you believe it or not, Jesus was once in this world. I'm sure you know the 'BC' and 'AD' that are used for date. Nobody has so far denied them.

He might not be called 'Jesus' in his local dialecht, Aramaic, the truth is that people interprete his name to their native language for ease of pronounciation, I believe.

Since Jesus exists, who came for the sole reason of directing mankind to God, no one will be excusable for unbelief in the existence of God. Again, those places or points where biblical events too place are still there till today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Pastor Tim Omotoso Speaks On Visiting Paradise And Raising a Dead Woman (video) / Mass Wedding: Catholic Priest Sponsors 136 Couples In Nasarawa State / Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.