Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,162 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Questions That Baffle Me About God - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions That Baffle Me About God (21967 Views)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / The Interesting things About God / Discussion Between Professor And Student About God, Faith And Science. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dapo777:

Now you are the one making false premises here. How can someone hate something that he doesn't even believes it exist? undecided

If yu dnt hate God by nt believing he exist...then i'm nt referring to yu bro...be cool!
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2014
The god concept was just invented by men to enjoy certain "privileges" made unavailable to an average commoner such as high tables, special recognitions, sometimes cash and lots and lots of this >>> https://www.nairaland.com/1825416/samson-make-heaven
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by efficiencie(m): 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Reiyvinn: The god concept was just invented by men to enjoy certain "privileges" made unavailable to an average commoner such as high tables, special recognitions, sometimes cash and lots and lots of this >>> https://www.nairaland.com/1825416/samson-make-heaven

...and the god concept is hated and denied by men to enable them enjoy the privilege of defining for themselves what is good and what is bad...they want in.cest, fornication, adultery, pedop.hilia, bestiality, rape, cunnili.ngus, annilingus, fell.atio, voyeuri.sm, drug abuse, murder, witchcraft, seduction and all other vices to be LABELLED GOOD and all the virtues of righteousness to be LABELLED BAD...

2 Likes

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
efficiencie:

...and the god concept is hated and denied by men to enable them enjoy the privilege of defining for themselves what is good and what is bad...they want in.cest, fornication, adultery, pedop.hilia, bestiality, rape, cunnili.ngus, annilingus, fell.atio, voyeuri.sm, drug abuse, murder, witchcraft, seduction and all other vices to be LABELLED GOOD and all the virtues of righteousness to be LABELLED BAD...

Your irrevocable use of straw man never ceases to amaze me. From the accusations you brought forth @bolded shows how desperate you are to redeem your god from the mess he's put himself (that's if he exist, which there is absolutely no proof of).

Your ridiculous assumptions depicted in your accusations just shows how drilled you are in your biased delusion that may take a number of intellectuals to fix.

Ok, lets analyze what your accusations in bits:

You claim that men wish to stray from the god concept in order to freely partake in:

in.cest, fornication, adultery, pedop.hilia, bestiality, rape, cunnili.ngus, annilingus, fell.atio, voyeuri.sm, drug abuse, murder, witchcraft, seduction

without feeling tied down or any under any form of obligation.

But the odds prove contrary.

INCEST: Your god is reported to have created just Adam and Eve who in turn procreated Offsprings.

Notice the Bible reports that Adam and Eve gave birth to more children after Seth was born and after Cain was "sent away" to a mysterious "nation" (the origin of which was never told). Now imagine whom Seth married to give birth to more Offsprings...... Isn't that Incest

Yet your god concept promulgates that nonsense!

FORNICATION: Samson (an anointed Nazirite of God and Judge over Israel), in Judges 16:1, was reported to have spent a sexy night out with a Prostitute he saw in Gaza which he never showed any form of remorse for nor did he ever pray for forgiveness. Now tell me, how do you define FORNICATION?

Yet your god concept promulgates that nonsense.

PAEDOPHILIA: It is well known that a mad man named Muhammad, at the age of 54, who just suddenly realized that being a prophet gives one the license and privilege to free sex, recognitions, lots of and food decided, out of his mental disorder, to get married to a girl, Aisha, of 6 years old and consummating (i.e. Having sex with her) at the age of 9. Isn't he mad Isn't that paedophilia?

Yet a god concept promulgates that nonsense!

WITCHCRAFT: Your god didn't see anything wrong with allowing Samuel minister to Saul via Witchcraft means. His priests even practised divination by using Urim and Thummim to detect their god's will. What does that make of your precious god?

Yet your god concept promulgates that.

How then do you bolster the trash you laid forth in your cluster of silly accusations?

The truth is:

the god concept is hated and laughed at because,

* it lacks reason
* it is a mirror a medievial man's view of life (for example, believe that a Tower called Babel could be built towards heaven)
* it has no proof
* it is a tool for mind control, used by religious leaders who take advantage of people's fear of death to extort money, loyalty and followership from people
* it is contradictory.

It's easy to come up with a god concept and get followers (which unfortunately is what happened) BUT One finds it difficult to come up with JUST ANY scientific theory without proper scrutiny from his own part and others.

The god concept died the moment a rocket went through the atmosphere and found that heaven is not in the sky, the stars are not in the sky, the sun is bigger than the earth and not in the sky and also saw other heavenly bodies the god concept --being invented by men who were equally ignorant of their existence-- failed to mention.

3 Likes

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by uzoexcel(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nice one op..permit me to copy and paste a thread i created yesterday. (https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each) . i didnt realize that i had 'like-minded' thinkers here. but before i paste i want to ask Seun, Mynd44 and co this question, 'what criteria is used to make a topic to be at nairaland's frontpage...we have been having odd topics like 'Mr A showing off his body' or Kim kardashian but logical topics like this, u guys ignore or what?

I have been reflecting over the past few years and i would love to have serious discussions with wise and intelligent people in any faith. Please if after you read my thread the only thing you can say is, 'you need to repent', 'God will punish you' etc, this thread isnt for you. [i][/i]

Between u and me, been a staunch catholic, and watching the news,videos, reading the bible and koran inside out, listening to malcolm x, athiests, martin luther king,and all ; i wonder sometimes if religion isnt a tool to be used at times for nefarious activities....i have a milllion and one questions and am more confused than ever...the only reason i hate arguing is that most times i come against people who already have prejudiced opinions of where they stand and arent willing to argue 'both sides of an argument'.....

Questions go thus:
Did noah place the dinosaurs in his boat? what happened to them and why werent they mentioned seeing as God created everything?why do we have via carbon dating the ages of dinosaurs on earth as around 150million years ago while man came to earth according to calculations from the bible as less than 6000 years ago? what technology did the ancient egyptians use to build the pyramids/sphinz, irrigation etc when they were supposed to be prehistoric humans with little knowledge of technology?it is said by archaelogists that the technology used by the egyptians to build and craft perfect sized stones for the pyramids were not supposed to have existed in that era. Were the egyptians in contact with ancient and more sophisticated 'aliens'? Does standing by the bible and koran reduce our imagination and creativity while making us lazy 'intellectually' especially as africans?

the gods which christianity urges us to do away with, is it not possible they might have actually existed? tales of thor/sango/ amadioha/ oranmiyan etc, how can we all say that they are false and they were all created from the imagination of our forefathers? For example the god of lightning and thunder, sango is also known in latin america and the carribeans as Xangô or Changó (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shango); sango is said wield a 'double-headed axe'. now contrast this to the scandinavian god Thor, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor) who also wields a hammer and is also known as the god of lightning and thunder same as sango and we can see distinct similairities. I dont think that two regions separated by large landmass and culture would coincidentally have similar gods. is sango/olodumare same or similar to Thor/Odin? Has the white man reduced our sense of appreciation that we would pay to watch Thor in cinemas, watch and download cartoons on aang/korra the avatars (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar) but neglect our own sango?

Did aliens actually visit this earth years and years ago and our ancestors who for lack of more technical knowledge term them 'gods'. Lemme humour you more on this; if i was to get into a car or a motor bike and be transported back in time to the time of adam and eve or to the time of our forefathers who had little knowledge of anything and went about with bows and arrows, how would they describe me? One account of yoruba history lists oduduwa/oranmiyan as descending from heaven with a long chain when he arrived in ife. Now what if he had but with more intelligent means but due to the account holders lack of knowledge of technology in that era, described the device in his own way? in the book of revelations, is it not possible that the prophet saw a vision of the 20th century and maybe world war 1/2. How do you think the prophet wouldav been on seeing explosions or nuclear bombings? For one he would have been terrified,scared shitless and then with his little knowledge tried to document what he sees like armoured tanks, guns, jet fighters, airplanes, guns, skyscrapers in his own terms and little understanding.

Who made up the bible and the koran? is it possible there were more political reasons for adding and removing specific chapters/gospels? Was the aim of the white missionaries solely to save souls in africa/nigeria or was religion/islam/xtianity used as a hidden tool to rule africa?what was the position of the xtian missionaries and islamic arabs from the north on slavery? What about some of the atrocities in the bible which we xtians dont really talk about e.g daughters sleeping with their fathers? God ordering his people to 'kill anything that moved', take 'women/children as slaves'? We condemn the muslims by selecting some portions of the korans to condemn them but we xtians know that the bible has much worse quotations on killing. and IMO, seeing as the koran is an adaptation of the old testament, perhaps we should get off our high horse when talking this things with muslims. and if we are to say as xtians that we should discard the old testament due to the fact that God sent Jesus to die for us, is it to say that God realised he had made a mistake with Moses and so to correct his mistake, he sent Jesus to introduce a new convenant?But i thought God was omniscience?what was the bible's position on slavery? Are we to regard it as the sign of the times and since things have changed we should overlook that part?An old man from my villa once said to me years ago when i was talking about a saint to him. This old man who was quite learned asked me a question which left me quite flummoxed. He said, 'Why should i pray to a saint who lived and died in portugal/france/italy to intercede to God for him when he could pray to to his late great great grandmother who was a queen and ruled the village wisely and justly and who was logically geographically more nearer to him?

Is it logically true that as xtians all non xtians would all suffer in hell?Millions of muslims,chinese,indians are all doomed to suffer in hell before they are even born? Also muslims, what is the fate of non muslims? Are we all gonna die? Does that mean that if both faith was/is true, then i am condemned to die by default? Even if i live a sane, righteous and non hippocritic life than most fake devotees, will i still suffer in hell? And traditionalists what is the fate of non traditionalists when they die? Jehovah witness, what is the fate of a deeper life person or a catholic person? I read the works of saint thomas aquinas and he said quite clearly, 'There Is No Salvation Except in the Catholic Faith'. Is this correct? What is the truth? Is there any truth at all?

Please this should be seen as an educative forum...sorry if u feel i cast aspersions on u or ur tribe or religion.

If you think i m blind plz LEAD ME

Lastly and lastly, xtians/muslims/atheists/deeper life/catholics/sunnis/hinduists/traditionalists.... this might be a chance to save a soul or reinforce my belief. dont just view and work away or u ll be judged by God/Allah/Krishna/Amadioha... on the last day for failing to convert a 'lost' soul as imma bear witness against u

Reiyvinn: Hey NairaLanders,

Put aside the bigoted fanaticism for once and lets reason a little.

All my life I've been a staunch believer in the existence of God and followed him without question. And I've even defended his works as best as I possibly can. So don't come on here thinking that I just woke up one morning with all these dilemma running through my head, ok?

I am not bigoted. I am not loose either. I just can't afford to have my reasoning toyed with (against my will) to the pleasure of someone sitting on a Chair (Throne or whatever) up there in some place they call Heaven.

Now, please don't take it personal. I am not willing to allow myself to get so loose and immoral just because I feel or think there is no one to punish me.

I have come to dig out the truth. I've come to do it with you. So please, just throw off every sentiment and think straight.

Who knows? I may just find what I've been searching for...... The truth.

So if you're with me, I'd like us to look into these little questions carefully.

THE ALL-KNOWING AND ALL-LOVING GOD:

It is a general thesis that God, the supreme Being, knows all things (past, present and future) and even sees an event before it happens. It's also a general belief that God loves everyone equally [since he created us all]. With that in mind, we can tell that he already knows what our future will be before bringing us into existence.

QUESTION: Why then does Satan, Sin, Hell, Destruction, e.t.c exist? People say it was satan but God created Satan, didn't he?

God said his plan for his creation is GOOD, thus, is it right that I KNOW something will corrupt, contaminate, harm or destroy my GOOD plan and then go ahead to create it?

Who killed the people at Nyanya? The Bomb or the People who MADE and PLANTED the bomb??

Since God created Satan. He (the BUILDER) is responsible for the problems we are facing not satan (the BOMB).

Well, maybe he did NOT know that things will turn out this way. Maybe he isn't ALL-KNOWING afterall

Or, maybe he knew but went on with it anyway, maybe he isn't ALL-LOVING afterall

===> this is really worrisome!

Now, things turned out bad and we (the VICTIMS) got caught in Satan's trap (the EXPLOSION) and are continually trying to find our way to survival even though we blame ourselves (the VICTIMS) instead of the Creator (the BUILDER of the BOMB) for bringing such havoc upon us WHEREAS we know that the very fruit of the forbidden tree and the serpent upon it were planted by God himself!!

Please don't tell me that God was "testing us," you only test (or experiment) what you are not sure of. I don't see an ALL-KNOWING God wanting to have his works tested when he ought to have had foreknowledge of what he has created!!!

It was easy to say "Let there be light" and "there was light" in the Scriptures but it is seeming so difficult to say "Let there be peace" and "there was peace" in reality.

Definitely, if God truly exists, he is the cause of all we're going through.

SO MANY STUFFS TO BELIEVE:

I wonder what actually made we Nigerians to give in to the preachings of those white outsiders. I wonder how right thinking persons viewed just one true God and one true religion out of the numerous thousands out there. In Maths, the probability of picking the right one would be approximately 1/100,000. Christians, Muslims, Polytheists, Hindus (ignoring the numerous denominations under them) all claim to have the right God(s) and religion or way of life.

Why would God make it so difficult for people to locate him even while knowing that a lot of these poor people will willingly devout all their lives to him.

Think about a person like Mother Theresa spending an eternity in hell or facing destruction just because she was a catholic and didn't believe in 99,999/100,000 of the other gods besides hers.

Or Mahatma Gandhi believing in a league of Gods but spending an eternity in hell or facing destruction for not knowing the true God or practising the true religion?

What image does that paint for a God who hides himself from his creation and punishes them for not finding him

===> I know quite well that I'll be insulted or ignored because I may be hurting someone's feelings by the above writing but an honest-hearted person will see that I am not here to debate beliefs or criticize anyone but to.......

......yes to QUESTION God (that's if he exists) and since NairaLand is filled with his soldiers, maybe some of you may help him answer me!

Thanks.

@moderators, i call on u to make this op's thread or mine, https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each front page. sad

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by uzoexcel(m): 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
u forgot this..incest of the highest order...and Lot wasnt punished
[b]Genesis 19
Lot and His Daughters
30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father." 33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi; he is the father of the Ammonites of today. [/b]
Reiyvinn:

Your irrevocable use of straw man never ceases to amaze me. From the accusations you brought forth @bolded shows how desperate you are to redeem your god from the mess he's put himself (that's if he exist, which there is absolutely no proof of).

Your ridiculous assumptions depicted in your accusations just shows how drilled you are in your biased delusion that may take a number of intellectuals to fix.

You claim that men wish to stray from the god concept in order to freely partake in:

INCEST: Your god is reported to have created just Adam and Eve who in turn procreated Offsprings.

Notice the Bible reports that Adam and Eve gave birth to more children after Seth was born and after Cain was "sent away" to a mysterious "nation" (the origin of which was never told). Now imagine whom Seth married to give birth to more Offsprings...... Isn't that Incest

FORNICATION: Samson (an anointed Nazirite of God and Judge over Israel), in Judges 16:1, was reported to have spent a sexy night out with a Prostitute he saw in Gaza which he never showed any form of remorse for nor did he ever pray for forgiveness. Now tell me, how do you define FORNICATION?

PAEDOPHILIA: It is well known that a mad man named Muhammad, at the age of 54, who just suddenly realized that being a prophet gives one the license and privilege to free sex, recognitions, lots of and food decided, out of his mental disorder, to get married to a girl, Aisha, of 6 years old and consummating (i.e. Having sex with her) at the age of 9. Isn't he mad Isn't that paedophilia?

WITCHCRAFT: Your god didn't see anything wrong with allowing Samuel minister to Saul via Witchcraft means. His priests even practised divination by using Urim and Thummim to detect their god's will. What does that make of your precious god?

How then do you bolster the trash you laid forth in your cluster of silly accusations?

The truth is:

* it lacks reason
* it is a mirror a medievial man's view of life (for example, believe that a Tower called Babel could be built towards heaven)
* it has no proof
* it is a tool for mind control, used by religious leaders who take advantage of people's fear of death to extort money, loyalty and followership from people
* it is contradictory.

It's easy to come up with a god concept and get followers (which unfortunately is what happened) BUT One finds it difficult to come up with JUST ANY scientific theory without proper scrutiny from his own part and others.

The god concept died the moment a rocket went through the atmosphere and found that heaven is not in the sky, the stars are not in the sky, the sun is bigger than the earth and not in the sky and also saw other heavenly bodies the god concept --being invented by men who were equally ignorant of their existence-- failed to mention.

3 Likes

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by uzoexcel(m): 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
ur duty is to prove ur point and not cast aspersions on other peoples' reasoning
btw, lemme ask u a simple question as a xtian, 'what happens to the muslims, my chinese friends and the millions of non xtian asians, mahatma ghandi, gani fawehinmi, the indian hinduists,me and ur great grandparents on the last day?'
Rhymeyjohn: The issue about atheism is like a young adult, after growing to know his/her freedom as a adult suddenly proclaims, I HAVE NO PARENTS, I DROPPED FROM THE SKY AND I CAN PROVE IT, such is the claim of one who says i used to be a christian, but now an atheist. In a bid to prove intellectual, they make uncautious assertions. To claim that you 'know' some one [or God] and later claim the person dosent exist is the height of delusion.
To put it succintly, Atheism is a mirage at its best, mental and philosophical delusion at its worse. An atheist is some one who wants to escape the reality of being held accountable for his actions. Its a state of mental ease from the guilt of a God who would hold them for their actions. No wonder the bible says,'the fool has said in his heart there is no God, they are corrupt, they have done abominable, there, there is none that doeth good . I expect to be mangled with words for holding up my view, what ever, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by uzoexcel(m): 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
i m still undecided grin grin grin grin
Apatheist: Another person free from the mental shackles of religion. cool
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
uzoexcel: ur duty is to prove ur point and not cast aspersions on other peoples' reasoning

That's exactly what most of these dudes do over here. When debunked all round, they just rant, curse and throw blatant accusation in the air as if it helps them feel better. Some even go as far as lying to promote their delusions (muslims are notorious for that nonsense).

btw, lemme ask u a simple question as a xtian, 'what happens to the muslims, my chinese friends and the millions of non xtian asians, mahatma ghandi, the indian hinduists,me and ur great grandparents on the last day?'

Simple!

BIG DADDY'S GONNA BURN THEM IN HELL!

@

2 Likes

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by uzoexcel(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
grin grin grin grin sheer blackmail
Reiyvinn:

That's exactly what most of these dudes do over here. When debunked all round, they just rant, curse and throw blatant accusation in the air as if it helps them feel better. Some even go as far as lying to promote their delusions (muslims are notorious for that nonsense).

Simple!

BIG DADDY'S GONNA BURN THEM IN HELL!

@

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
uzoexcel: grin grin grin grin sheer blackmail

I tell you! Lol
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
uzoexcel: i m still undecided grin grin grin grin
Give it time...

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Rhymeyjohn: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel: ur duty is to prove ur point and not cast aspersions on other peoples' reasoning
btw, lemme ask u a simple question as a xtian, 'what happens to the muslims, my chinese friends and the millions of non xtian asians, mahatma ghandi, gani fawehinmi, the indian hinduists,me and ur great grandparents on the last day?'
So you know there is a 'last day'? where do you get that from? Just hope you haven't joined the band wagon of atheists in delusion.

All none christains who agree there is a 'last day' will live in view of that.
Plato asserted that our physical world is a reflection of an unseen world, no one taught man about judgment, we knew is ok to have justice, where did we get that from?
Whatever keep reminding you about 'last day' should be giving a serious thought. But I assure you, you'll definitely receive judgment for your life spent.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by uzoexcel(m): 8:46am On Jul 25, 2014
u ever heard of sarcasm cheesy cheesy cheesy
Rhymeyjohn: So you know there is a 'last day'? where do you get that from? Just hope you haven't joined the band wagon of atheists in delusion.

Plato asserted that our physical world is a reflection of an unseen world, no one taught man about judgment, we knew is ok to have justice, where did we get that from?
Whatever keep reminding you about 'last day' should be giving a serious thought. But I assure you, you'll definitely receive judgment for your life spent.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
Rhymeyjohn: So you know there is a 'last day'? where do you get that from? Just hope you haven't joined the band wagon of atheists in delusion.

You haven't answered his question, what will happen to the over 4billion non Christians that dont believe in jesus christ at the last day?.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dapo777:

You haven't answered his question, what will happen to the over 4billion non Christians that dont believe in jesus christ at the last day?.

I guess, by "over 4billion", you mean, those that are still alive?

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 06, 2014
qstar:

I guess, by "over 4billion", you mean, those that are still alive?

Abi ooo,If we are to combine both dead and alive, people who don't believe in Jesus as the saviour, the number is overwhelming, atleast more than 10 trillion,
Chaii hell must be a very large place to occupy those amount of people.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by qstar(m): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Abi ooo,If we are to combine both dead and alive, people who don't believe in Jesus as the saviour, the number is overwhelming, atleast more than 10 trillion,
Chaii hell must be a very large place to occupy those amount of people.

Quite enormous!

1 Like

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by 1ord: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2014
Rayhut: Those doubting the existence of God should answer this one question,where is the source of juju,voodoo,witchcraft and supernational powers.This powers are they real or not.If they are real where is the source from
Please get an education.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
1ord: Please get an education.
Good answer.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by 1ord: 4:10am On Aug 15, 2014
Apatheist:
LMFAO.
I do not believe in any god, or God, or gods, whatever.
The character Yahweh in the Judeo-Christian book of myths is an asshole and a hypocrite, same goes for the character Allah in the novel, Qu'ran.
I love this grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by micynute94(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
Reiyvinn:

The truth is:

* it lacks reason
* it has no proof
* it is contradictory.

Seems like u r a mind reader. grin
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by micynute94(m): 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
What i don't get is who created Satan..
Didn't God knows he will try to usurp him since he's the Know It All Creator? Or isn't he D Guy who knows d beginning and d end /?
Or Y create a garden and put a tree devastating to mankind there saying it is forbidden wen He damn knows Satan will twist Eve's brain?
Why should nation even rise against nation in d first place or son against father ?
Y should he create someone like d leaderof boko haram wen he damn knows he will end up bad or should we say it's his destiny to blow ppl up??
I wonder who z in charge of destiny?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by colored(m): 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
op I think there's a god that created the universe. the only problem is religion tries to paint an image of what god should be like. the force behind the creation of the universe could care less about we humans living on earth. that we were created doesn't mean our creator cares bout us. a creator who has hidden himself from his people and let's them suffer what does that tell you? he cares two shit less. I'm a deist - I believe there's a god who brought about the existence of the universe but see religion as mans ideology of trying to find god though he probably doesn't wanna be found. religion is confused and inaccurate. I'm in a cue. would love to elaborate further but it isn't comfy typing from here
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by sonmvayina(m): 10:59am On Jul 21, 2015
There are Gods....the only thing that is false is the stories we have built around them and the attributes we have given them...
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by tiwiex(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
Kei144:
I can only present my answer to the question of this thread from the viewpoint of the Christian Bible.

Job 1:6 One day the angels [Hebrew the sons of God] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan [Satan means accuser.] also came with them.
Job 1:7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming through the earth and going to and fro in it.”
Job 1:8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no-one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

God created so many (almost infinite) things in the universe. But there are some things that God made in His image; those things are called sons of God. Sons of God are autonomous beings, just like God. The relationship between them and God is not different from the relationship between human parent and the offspring. We may not fully understand the relationship between human parent and the offspring because the usual thing is that the parent dies along the way, living the offspring to be in total control. If not for the fall of man, the human offspring would grow and become exactly like the parent, with neither of them ever going to die. In such a situation, can you imagine the relationship between parent and offspring when both of them are a few thousands of years old?

Well, Lucifer got to a point in time where he knew virtually everything that God knew and possessed quite some tremendous powers. The same applied to other angels. Due to some reasons, Lucifer decided to rebel against God, his father; and some other angels who shared his conviction joined him.

Should we blame God for creating beings that are like Him? If we do, then we are also blaming God for creating man, because man is also a son of God.

One thing I definitely know is that God is in control. Even though Lucifer and some angels rebelled against God, and man eventually joined them, the system that God created is still good. The fact that human beings suffer in the flesh in the world today is not as bad as people think. Human beings are actually eternal beings. the few years that they spend in the flesh are merely school days. The experience of the school days will become very useful in eternity. As for all the hype about heaven and hell, this is what I can say:

1Co. 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
1Co. 13:10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

1Jn. 4:16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

When perfection comes, in Eternity, we will all realize the meaning of "God is love."
u said one thing you DEFINITELY know. That's sich a strong word of assurance. no one dinitely knows apart from God. and from this discussion, no one really knows God. What if his name is not even God. Do you defintely know that?
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by tiwiex(m): 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
JMAN05:
@op

God has the ability to foreknow the future, but He does not use it always. ie, His omniscience is inherent, not total.

No one is going to burn in an everlasting fire. That isn't true. People interprete figurative statement as if it was literal.

God did not create satan, rather a righteous angel God created turned himself into being satan.
but God knows everything. So he knew his righteous Angel would one day satanize. he seemed to have created a flawed being called an Angel. This stories are so fabulous.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by Mustiboy(m): 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Reiyvinn:
Hey NairaLanders,

Put aside the bigoted fanaticism for once and lets reason a little.

All my life I've been a staunch believer in the existence of God and followed him without question. And I've even defended his works as best as I possibly can. So don't come on here thinking that I just woke up one morning with all these dilemma running through my head, ok?

I am not bigoted. I am not loose either. I just can't afford to have my reasoning toyed with (against my will) to the pleasure of someone sitting on a Chair (Throne or whatever) up there in some place they call Heaven.

Now, please don't take it personal. I am not willing to allow myself to get so loose and immoral just because I feel or think there is no one to punish me.

I have come to dig out the truth. I've come to do it with you. So please, just throw off every sentiment and think straight.

Who knows? I may just find what I've been searching for...... The truth.

So if you're with me, I'd like us to look into these little questions carefully.

THE ALL-KNOWING AND ALL-LOVING GOD:

It is a general thesis that God, the supreme Being, knows all things (past, present and future) and even sees an event before it happens. It's also a general belief that God loves everyone equally [since he created us all]. With that in mind, we can tell that he already knows what our future will be before bringing us into existence.

QUESTION: Why then does Satan, Sin, Hell, Destruction, e.t.c exist? People say it was satan but God created Satan, didn't he?

God said his plan for his creation is GOOD, thus, is it right that I KNOW something will corrupt, contaminate, harm or destroy my GOOD plan and then go ahead to create it?

Who killed the people at Nyanya? The Bomb or the People who MADE and PLANTED the bomb??

Since God created Satan. He (the BUILDER) is responsible for the problems we are facing not satan (the BOMB).

Well, maybe he did NOT know that things will turn out this way. Maybe he isn't ALL-KNOWING afterall

Or, maybe he knew but went on with it anyway, maybe he isn't ALL-LOVING afterall

===> this is really worrisome!

Now, things turned out bad and we (the VICTIMS) got caught in Satan's trap (the EXPLOSION) and are continually trying to find our way to survival even though we blame ourselves (the VICTIMS) instead of the Creator (the BUILDER of the BOMB) for bringing such havoc upon us WHEREAS we know that the very fruit of the forbidden tree and the serpent upon it were planted by God himself!!

Please don't tell me that God was "testing us," you only test (or experiment) what you are not sure of. I don't see an ALL-KNOWING God wanting to have his works tested when he ought to have had foreknowledge of what he has created!!!

It was easy to say "Let there be light" and "there was light" in the Scriptures but it is seeming so difficult to say "Let there be peace" and "there was peace" in reality.

Definitely, if God truly exists, he is the cause of all we're going through.

SO MANY STUFFS TO BELIEVE:

I wonder what actually made we Nigerians to give in to the preachings of those white outsiders. I wonder how right thinking persons viewed just one true God and one true religion out of the numerous thousands out there. In Maths, the probability of picking the right one would be approximately 1/100,000. Christians, Muslims, Polytheists, Hindus (ignoring the numerous denominations under them) all claim to have the right God(s) and religion or way of life.

Why would God make it so difficult for people to locate him even while knowing that a lot of these poor people will willingly devout all their lives to him.

Think about a person like Mother Theresa spending an eternity in hell or facing destruction just because she was a catholic and didn't believe in 99,999/100,000 of the other gods besides hers.

Or Mahatma Gandhi believing in a league of Gods but spending an eternity in hell or facing destruction for not knowing the true God or practising the true religion?

What image does that paint for a God who hides himself from his creation and punishes them for not finding him

===> I know quite well that I'll be insulted or ignored because I may be hurting someone's feelings by the above writing but an honest-hearted person will see that I am not here to debate beliefs or criticize anyone but to.......

......yes to QUESTION God (that's if he exists) and since NairaLand is filled with his soldiers, maybe some of you may help him answer me!

Thanks.
guy I swear what baffled and moved u to write dis article is whats currently baffling me too.
infact Im even confused about dis life and im finding it difficult to get back to religious activities like i use to when I was younger, I know i prayed, fasted. just so God could keep my dad alive but he eventually died just recently, and since then ive not been praying since I'm finding it difficult believing what I'm praying to.
life is just 2 complicated to understand n i need guardiance.
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by area(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2015
I question the idea of RELIGION a lot... But I have experienced miracle, I have seen evildoers at work. I come from a royal family and I tell you there are powers beyond science can explain. In the balance of life if there is GOOD, 'evil' BALANCES it. I can tell you for sure there are people who control evil "SPIRITUAL" powers. What factor then balances their efforts. I was born a christian, but I ask all of these questions. after many many researches on religions I came to a conclusion that MAN created religion and its by far our best and worst invention ever. I am also of the believe that our conscience is the ULTIMATE value of measure for our doings. Would Mahatma Gandhi burn in hell because he was not christian of Muslim? what about Mother Teresa would she not see paradise because she did not partake in any Ramadan? In my opinion, There are Higher powers (Good and Evil) They are neither Christians nor Islam Oriented, they do not need your 10% Bless you I'm sure they also do not need yo to kill o their behalf to ensure yo safe passage into the Afterlife....
Re: Questions That Baffle Me About God by jonadaft: 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
ayoku777:
Its right what they say that we see others or see things as we are. We are so fond of jugding God's character by our own definition of love.

Let me ask; what would your own definition of a loving God look like:

1: A God who creates loving obedient beings unable to sin or unable to disobey, meaning their obedience is not a function of their choice but a function of the creators pre-programming.

2: A God who creates beings with right of will to choose between obedience or disobedience; but He doesn't let their choice of obedience or disobedience have any consequence.

3: A God who creates beings with the right of choice to obey or disobey. Let's their choices have consequences. But at the same time teach them His ways and gives them the grace to labour to obey Him; and will eventually judge all for what they choose.

Which of these fits your definition of a loving God?

We are always talking about "All-knowing God" and "All-loving God" when we want to rationalize questioning His character, as if those are all His character. What of All-just God? What of All-gracious God? You have to see the big picture of His character to rightly define His person and decode His purpose.

But to help you further let me understand you by asking. Are you now an unbeliever trying to rationalize why you no longer believe in God to appease your conscience? Or you are still a born-again christian, trying to make sense of all that is going on in your life and in the world around you?
Rubbish!
By the fact that God is all-knowing, EVERYTHING HAPPENING IS PRE-PROGRAMMED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law / Apostle Suleman Donates N1m To A Baby Who Lost His Mother After Delivery(pics) / Even As A Bible Reader, You Don't Know These Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.