Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. (13388 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Kay17: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2014
mnwankwo:

Hi Kay. Thanks for your comment. Yes, human suffering, disease, evil and similar things are not the will of GOD for us. No sane earthly father wishes evil for his children. How much more GOD, who is the creator, the source of Living Love. Indeed GOD is the Living Love. Our choices in former lives is just a consequence of free will. Therefore the correct explanation for suffering is the misuse of free will by those creatures that intrinsically possess that ability of free will. As I said previously, our choices in our former incarnations, in the present incarnation as well as in other non-physical planes that we have sojourned forms our fate. As one prophet of GOD once said "As men stir their little ship of life, so will it glide through the water of life". A deep understanding of freewill will solve all the mysteries about the origin of evil, suffering and similar things. Evil, disease, suffering, etc came into existence as a result of misapplication of the power of GOD. A misapplication or wrong union of the powers of GOD that pulsate in creation will result in diseases, suffering, evil, etc. God does not, and indeed cannot misapply his own powers. Thus it is impossible for GOD to create suffering, evil and similar things. Creatures with free will can apply the power of GOD according to their own volition. If they use it according to the intrinsic nature of these powers, they will create or form good but if they mix the powers in ways that are opposed to the intrinsic nature of these powers, they will form evil and wrong unions. Like a potter with clay in his hands, man has the choice to mold the clay into beautiful works of arts or turn it into nuclear bombs. The fruit cannot be different from the seed. The evil that we see today is a very clear evidence that we as individuals, communities, groups and nations have been sowing evil seeds.

If each of us start from today to will what is pure and noble in all our activities, the evil will gradually loose it grip and will entirely cease to exist. Evil and suffering are aberrations brought about by misapplication of the powers inherent in the laws of GOD. Just look at the man of today. He abuses his physical body by over-eaten, smoking, alcohol consumption, sedentary life style, shallow breathing, etc and abuses his soul bodies by impure and ignoble thoughts of lust, envy, jealousy, maliciousness, etc, and when as a consequences of these misapplication he succumbs to one illness or the other, then he will either say it is Gods will or the work of the devil. It is neither the will of GOD nor the work of the devil but a consequence of his free-willed choices. Those who do not abuse their physical or soul bodies anymore but are struck by one illness or the other are (i) harvesting the fruits of the abuse they once sowed in a former existence, (ii) prenatally accepted the illness or suffering in order to be equipped for a particular mission (for example one can prenatally accept to experience cancer in order to find its cure in a later incarnation or accept to aid the work of a son of God by being blind such that when he crosses the path of the divine messenger, his sight will be restored and such a miracle can awaken some sleeping souls from spiritual slumber), and (iii) a victim of misapplication of the the laws of GOD by other human beings. Since on earth, good and evil people dwell side by side, the possibility exist that the third option may happen but the laws of GOD will compensate such a victim. It is a prize that we may sometimes pay because we wanted to experience on earth. No body is forced to come on earth. We are here because we asked for it and our request was granted by God. Stay blessed.

Good. We are on the same page. You see our prelife freewilled actions as the principal cause of meaningless suffering and hardship, but note we are humans with a physical disposition and our perspectives shall always be earthly (in the sense that we are bound to accept what our senses and mind tell us). Couldn't it be that when we are confronted with meaningless sufferings and being rational and psychological beings, we invent a meaningful cause so as to mettle down the burden we face from meaningless suffering. So that life becomes liveable.

I'm not making an assertion that it is the case, but that we humans have that capability and possibly use to accommodate suffering.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2014
InesQor: @Pastor AIO:

Edit: Finally seen the video, thanks. Some of the stuff in it is new, but some is not very new. I also strongly think it is a bit tainted with bulls'hit, permit my expression (basically all religions have some tainting anyway).

What I mean is that there are more modern sources that rewrite the original information in ways to blend in with another source and gain approval, BUT I am not rejecting the many strong similarities: either the same person was being talked about, or there's some sort of shared / common source.

I will just talk about one thing, for example. The Krishna "Nativity" story as told in the Mahabharata and other ancient Hindi sources only mentions "great celebration" at this 8th incarnation of Krishna. No mention of angels, wise men, shepherds, the gold, frankincese and myrrh gifts etc. None of these things are detailed explicitly in the original nativity stories.

Meanwhile, do you think it is possible that the Jewish Melchizedek is the Hindu Malika Sadhaka (Malika meaning "king" and Sadhaka another name for Krishna)?

Of Melchizedek (King of Salem):
"Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually". Heb 7:3

And this same Melchizedek is biblically, a pre-incarnate type of Christ...

I hadn't heard of this melchizedek Malika Sadhaka connection before so I googled it. I was taken to some sites by a guy called Gene Matlock. To be honest, a lot of his stuff I find wacky. I mean really off the scale wacky, and I'm a guy that is into a lot of wacky stuff but for me it is totally off the richter scale. It seems that the guy just looks for words from different cultures that seem phonetically similar and then jumps to a conclusion based on that.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2014
PastorAIO:

I hadn't heard of this melchizedek Malika Sadhaka connection before so I googled it. I was taken to some sites by a guy called Gene Matlock. To be honest, a lot of his stuff I find wacky. I mean really off the scale wacky, and I'm a guy that is into a lot of wacky stuff but for me it is totally off the richter scale. It seems that the guy just looks for words from different cultures that seem phonetically similar and then jumps to a conclusion based on that.

LOL! Thanks. I was reading a Hindi blog and saw that in passing, and thought to ask.

I checked now and found Matlock's book "The Open Secret of India, Israel and Mexico¿from Genesis to Revelations!". Oh my, I can't believe what I am seeing! grin cry cry

If, until now you are still unconvinced that Melchizedek was Lord Krishna, and that Jesus was an incarnation of Krishna (Melchizedek) as Paul himself explained, I have no other recourse but to give you solid proof directly from the mouths of the Hindus themselves! Will this put an end to the question? It is a verifiable fact that one of the title of Krishna was Sadhaka. Being a king, Krishna would have been addressed as Malika (King) Sadhaka.

[size=13pt]If you are still doubtful, go to the web and type in Krishna Sadhaka. You'll instantly get all the proof you'll ever need.[/size] Actually I could have proven this in the first paragraph of the chapter, but I wanted a real, honest-to-goodness chapter with every possible proof. Now you have it!

grin Am I dreaming or did this author just ask us to go on the "web" to "google" for proof of his claim, and then says THAT is the proof?

Choi cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2014
DeepSight: ^^^ Sir, Don't waste ya time.

I can bet my bottom dollar that if quizzed on what Nwankwo wrote we will find that Deepsight has little or no understanding of it.

6 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
PastorAIO:

I can bet my bottom dollar that if quizzed on what Nwankwo wrote we will find that Deepsight has little or no understanding of it.

I put $4000 on it too. grin
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by DeepSight(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
Funny people. My comment wasn't based on what Nwankwo wrote. It was based on proven propensities and proclivities.

The day will never come in my life again that I will waste my time with people of your shallow emptiness and vacant futility. Good luck with your acrobatic games. I wish you as many millions of futile and purposeless somersaults as you wish yourselves. Just don't ever imagine that any serious person imagines that either of you posesses a single brain cell in his head. Such a thought will be an insult to ants.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
DeepSight: Funny people. My comment wasn't based on what Nwankwo wrote. It was based on proven propensities and proclivities.

The day will never come in my life again that I will waste my time with people of your shallow emptiness and vacant futility. Good luck with your acrobatic games. I wish you as many millions of futile and purposeless somersaults as you wish yourselves. Just don't ever imagine that any serious person imagines that either of you posesses a single brain cell in his head. Such a thought will be an insult to ants.

Don't mind those two heathens. A"serious person" like you shouldnt be arguing with people without brain cells.
As a spokesman for ants, I totally concur with the last sentence. Im also a "serious person" now, but i dont think the first vibration of reality was a female. It was a transgender vibration. Ask nwankwo, he learned it when he reincarnated as a dog living in a buddhist temple, 1000 years ago. He feels the vibration now and he can articulate beautifully because he's also a "serious person. Kpele, dont mind them jare. Carry on.

7 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by mazaje(m): 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Martian:

Don't mind those two heathens. A"serious person" like you shouldnt be arguing with people without brain cells.
As a spokesman for ants, I totally concur with the last sentence. Im also "serious person" now, but i dont think the first vibration of reality was a female. It was a transgender vibration. Ask nwankwo, he learned it when he reincarnated as a dog living in a buddhist temple, 1000 years ago. He feels the vibration now and he can articulate beatifully because he's also a "serious person".

You just have to love Martian. . .Only him can do this. . . grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by mnwankwo(m): 12:06am On Jul 11, 2014
Kay17:

Good. We are on the same page. You see our prelife freewilled actions as the principal cause of meaningless suffering and hardship, but note we are humans with a physical disposition and our perspectives shall always be earthly (in the sense that we are bound to accept what our senses and mind tell us). Couldn't it be that when we are confronted with meaningless sufferings and being rational and psychological beings, we invent a meaningful cause so as to mettle down the burden we face from meaningless suffering. So that life becomes liveable.

I'm not making an assertion that it is the case, but that we humans have that capability and possibly use to accommodate suffering.

Hi Kay. Thanks for your comment. Yes, it is possible that some human beings may invent reasons to rationalize evil and suffering. But inventions and rationalizations will sooner rather than later be found out. The will of GOD manifests in the irrevocable march of events and these events will show the individual, groups or nations that the rationalizations or inventions are not true or real. In the experience of these events, they will find contradictions and clear reasons which contradict the excuses or rationalization. In the search for the Truth, one must not be a spectator but be immersed in the experience of each moment. If we experience every second in full consciousness, we will very soon perceive the non-material worlds where our threads of fate originated. We can then with clinical precision follow the threads of fate and find the basis for all reactions in our lives and that of others. We will have the evidence that that the good and bad things that happen to us are not arbitrary or random but are consequences of our free volition. Not only that, we can also see that it is possible to change our fate and stir it in a different direction. Our spirit will then unfold with the deepest gratitude to GOD, who created the laws by which men can raise themselves to the kingdom of GOD or descend to the realms of darkness. It lies within us to have the light of heaven or the darkness of hell. The freewill is a sacred gift that GOD gave to us. It is so sacred that we can use it even against GOD who gave us the gift. But then, only the choice is free. Man is irrevocably bound to the consequences of his free-willed choices. Stay blessed.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 7:41am On Jul 11, 2014
InesQor:

lol....a christian using cyanide and happiness cartoon
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by DeepSight(m): 9:05am On Jul 11, 2014
Martian:

As a spokesman for ants, I totally concur with the last sentence. Im also a "serious person" now, but i dont think the first vibration of reality was a female. It was a transgender vibration. Ask nwankwo, he learned it when he reincarnated as a dog living in a buddhist temple, 1000 years ago. He feels the vibration now and he can articulate beautifully because he's also a "serious person. Kpele, dont mind them jare. Carry on.

Lol. Funny man.
On the other hand if you actually meant the red words seriously, that would have been a most interesting discussion.

https://www.nairaland.com/402063/meta-ethics-nature-origins-good-evil#5563422

But oh well. You probably meant it as some mockery.
But there is something in there.

When one imagines eternity in the past, one cannot speak of "first" - as such the word there is used to connote something like primal or primordial nature of reality. But anyway, this is probably Harry Potter talk to you. So no worries.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 9:55am On Jul 11, 2014
DeepSight:

Lol. Funny man.
On the other hand if you actually meant the red words seriously, that would have been a most interesting discussion.

https://www.nairaland.com/402063/meta-ethics-nature-origins-good-evil#5563422

But oh well. You probably meant it as some mockery.
But there is something in there.

When one imagines eternity in the past, one cannot speak of "first" - as such the word there is used to connote something like primal or primordial nature of reality. But anyway, this is probably Harry Potter talk to you. So no worries.

@ bold,

yo know it is rubbish you are saying. It is your conscience speaking.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol....a christian using cyanide and happiness cartoon
Because I am not narrow-minded in nature, I usually pay more attention to whatever is being said, than to who is saying it. Except when experience shows the person talking usually makes no sense ab initio.

I can quote the devil sef (if he so exists and if he actually said something) as long as it is within context.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by macof(m): 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
PastorAIO:

I was going to address this more thoroughly but then I got distracted by what was happening on the tv screens. A whole Brazil!!! Haba!!!

Now I've forgotten what it was that I wanted to say about the post.

I guess the main point was that amongst ancient peoples religious concepts could not only be anthropomorphised but they could even incarnate and live amongst us.

Among the Yoruba Death, Disease, Loss are beings called the ajogun, they are not just abstract conditions. The ajogun also receive their share of sacrifices that are made as if they are real beings.
True! Which brings up the essence of "PERSONIFICATION" in Ancient Spiritualities

Almost nothing is literal, not even the characters...understand this and identify the personified
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Kay17: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
mnwankwo:

Hi Kay. Thanks for your comment. Yes, it is possible that some human beings may invent reasons to rationalize evil and suffering. But inventions and rationalizations will sooner rather than later be found out. The will of GOD manifests in the irrevocable march of events and these events will show the individual, groups or nations that the rationalizations or inventions are not true or real. In the experience of these events, they will find contradictions and clear reasons which contradict the excuses or rationalization. In the search for the Truth, one must not be a spectator but be immersed in the experience of each moment. If we experience every second in full consciousness, we will very soon perceive the non-material worlds where our threads of fate originated. We can then with clinical precision follow the threads of fate and find the basis for all reactions in our lives and that of others. We will have the evidence that that the good and bad things that happen to us are not arbitrary or random but are consequences of our free volition. Not only that, we can also see that it is possible to change our fate and stir it in a different direction. Our spirit will then unfold with the deepest gratitude to GOD, who created the laws by which men can raise themselves to the kingdom of GOD or descend to the realms of darkness. It lies within us to have the light of heaven or the darkness of hell. The freewill is a sacred gift that GOD gave to us. It is so sacred that we can use it even against GOD who gave us the gift. But then, only the choice is free. Man is irrevocably bound to the consequences of his free-willed choices. Stay blessed.

. . . And it is self evident that all civilizations have built longlasting myths and religions to iron out and resolve meaningless living and suffering. However most of these religions are protected from scrutiny by Faith. A well guarded religion is hardly vulnerable to criticism as we can see in Christianity, Hinduism, Islam. Same goes your explanation for the suffering in the world. It is a product of intuition (which is beyond the region of reason and scrutiny). There is no way one can ascertain there was a prelife and an eternal responsibility attached to it.

2. Also, to blame people for their misfortunes and sufferings is hardly kind and is an act of cruelty. To assume people deserve their pains and hardships, to assume Jews and Tutsis deserved to be butchered, to assume war and rape victims deserve their pains; kills the necessary empathy we have to share with them in order to lessen their sufferings. And without empathy, there is no love.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by DeepSight(m): 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
InesQor:
Because I am not narrow-minded in nature, I usually pay more attention to whatever is being said, than to who is saying it. Except when experience shows the person talking usually makes no sense ab initio.

I can quote the devil sef (if he so exists and if he actually said something) as long as it is within context.

Very wise.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
InesQor:

lol...you are only digging yourself in a deeper hole.

Admit your mistake before I start posting cyanide and happiness cartoons.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
DeepSight:

Very wise.

I see. You want to be antagonistic and dull at the same time.

Instead of correcting a brother in Christ, you are supporting him in his folly just to get at me.

Of course, I am assuming you know something about cyanide and happiness cartoons
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
@DeepSight: Oga we no dey see ya brake lights on NL again. Hope you're good. I just noticed your handle has gotten rid of the space in between, ever since the NL reboot. At first I thought it was another account or something.

TheBigUrban2:
lol...you are only digging yourself in a deeper hole.
Admit your mistake before I start posting cyanide and happiness cartoons.
Post whatever you want naa, I no hol' ya hand.

When my twitter was active I used to follow Explosm (C & H) and Bob Kostic (CausticBob) despite their often-times crass, intolerant and insufferable jokes - for the sake of the times their sarcasm was actually really funny to me.

I have even posted illustrations from Atheist Websites like atheistcartoons.com right here on NL, so what's your point here?

I really should not have wasted my time replying you, as you have proven once again that you cannot be reasoned with.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by DeepSight(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
InesQor: @DeepSight: Oga we no dey see ya brake lights on NL again. Hope you're good. I just noticed your handle has gotten rid of the space in between, ever since the NL reboot. At first I thought it was another account or something.

Na wah, the thing just changed like that o, every few times I created a special handle to make posts when banned such as (Deep_Sight, DeepSight and Depardo). However the nuclearbomb that was dropped on nairaland somehow left me with only DeepSight but strangely combined the posts, although all posts from January were lost.

How have you been?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by DeepSight(m): 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I see. You want to be antagonistic and dull at the same time.

Instead of correcting a brother in Christ, you are supporting him in his folly just to get at me.

Of course, I am assuming you know something about cyanide and happiness cartoons

Lol @ the bold. You really must think I am a 5 year old or something. What I found wise there was simply the age-old wisdom of listening to the message and not the messenger. If you were a keen thinker rather than a petty one, you would have spotted a seemingly valid contradiction in my saying so, with an earlier comment I made here.

But don't worry your head; it is of no consequence whatsoever.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
DeepSight:

Lol @ the bold. You really must think I am a 5 year old or something. What I found wise there was simply the age-old wisdom of listening to the message and not the messenger. If you were a keen thinker rather than a petty one, you would have spotted a seemingly valid contradiction in my saying so, with an earlier comment I made here.

But don't worry your head; it is of no consequence whatsoever.

The guy's message was nonsense.

He was using a well known anti-christian cartoon while being a christian and then defending it.

But feel free to act like you actually found his comment wise and you didnt do it out of spite.

lol

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
InesQor:
Post whatever you want naa, I no hol' ya hand.

When my twitter was active I used to follow Explosm (C & H) and Bob Kostic (CausticBob) despite their often-times crass, intolerant and insufferable jokes - for the sake of the times their sarcasm was actually really funny to me.

I have even posted illustrations from Atheist Websites like atheistcartoons.com right here on NL, so what's your point here?

I really should not have wasted my time replying you, as you have proven once again that you cannot be reasoned with.

lol......I know your tactic by now....you attack me whenever I correct you or prove you wrong.

What kind of christian is a fan of this cartoon group?-

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by mnwankwo(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kay17:

. . . And it is self evident that all civilizations have built longlasting myths and religions to iron out and resolve meaningless living and suffering. However most of these religions are protected from scrutiny by Faith. A well guarded religion is hardly vulnerable to criticism as we can see in Christianity, Hinduism, Islam. Same goes your explanation for the suffering in the world. It is a product of intuition (which is beyond the region of reason and scrutiny). There is no way one can ascertain there was a prelife and an eternal responsibility attached to it.

2. Also, to blame people for their misfortunes and sufferings is hardly kind and is an act of cruelty. To assume people deserve their pains and hardships, to assume Jews and Tutsis deserved to be butchered, to assume war and rape victims deserve their pains; kills the necessary empathy we have to share with them in order to lessen their sufferings. And without empathy, there is no love.

Hi Kay. Thanks again for your comment. I address them below:

1. I previously said that if one want to know the truth, one must experience each moment. Standing outside of experiences and analyzing them will not get one far. I have said that the seed we sow return to us as fruits. There is nothing magical or esoteric about it. It is a very simple statement that can very easily be verified by each of us. No training or exercises are required. Let each of us keep the hearth of our thoughts pure and see if our inward and outward life remain the same or dramatically changes. The spirit is blessed with the faculty of intuition and with this faculty, one can easily draw from out of creation events and circumstances that has happened, is happening and will happen. There is a way to be conscious of pre and after life and it is quite simple. Open the ears and eyes of the spirit. This can very easily be done by genuine love for all that exists. Love has the power to unbound the spirit, its faculty of intuition from the shackles of the brain. When this intuitive faculty is open, the link between action and reaction, sowing and reaping can be seen as well as the physical evidence that some of you so much clamor for.

2. You seem not to have understood my previous post. I have clearly said that what happens to us can be as a result of (i)the fruits of our seeds, (ii) mission karma, (iii) victim of misapplication or wrong use of free will by others. Only the man who is permitted to see all the threads of fate can make a judgement on which of the three or combination of any of the three is applicable in any given situation. It is for this reason that men are warned not to judge. Not that judgement is wrong but most men do not have the inner knowledge to make the correct judgement. Thus they judge by externals and end up with wrong or incorrect judgement. In addition, the returning reciprocal actions to individuals, groups and nations does not require the participation of men. If a man is to be murdered because he was a murderer in a former earth-life, the murderous returning reciprocal action will form his non- earthly environment. Another human being who is also a murderer or has the propensity to murder will pick up this vibration and go on to murder this man. However if the returning reciprocal action does not find homogeneity in other human beings, then this man may fall in his own sword or the loaded gun in his pocket will explode. I mention this so that one can see that the returning reciprocal actions does not need the help of human hands.

I also have mentioned that the laws of GOD has two inherent attributes, that is, justice and love. The tasting of the fruit that we sowed is just for it permits us to know in real time whether the seeds we sowed are evil or good. It is love for it gives us the opportunity to repent of our evil seeds and the strength to sow good seeds. A child did not study and as a consequence failed his exams. Will you magically convert an F-grade to A-grade? It is just that the child got an F-grade for that is what his performance deserves. A good teacher will show the child where he is lacking and provide him the opportunity to correct his mistakes. Such opportunity may come with a repetition of the class as well as extra-lessons. Is there a love greater than given the student (in this example) the opportunity to correct his weaknesses and become a real A-student? This is a crude analogy but it demonstrates the manifestation of the laws of GOD in the twin attributes of justice and love. In the experiencing of the fruits of our seeds lies both justice and love, as well as forgiveness and redemption. Contrarily to the way you see it, one of the attributes of genuine love is sympathetic understanding. Love does not pretend that a problem does not exist, it recognizes the problem and confronts it, not accusingly but with a solution that will resolve the problem. Therefore true love can sometimes appear harsh on the surface but in the end it will lead to the ennoblement of an individual or group. My 17 month old daughter like to stick her finger into electric sockets. If I allow her to do that, she will smile but may one day get electrocuted or injure herself. If I pluck the electric sockets, she complains since she can no longer stick her fingers in it. It will be irresponsible to leave the electric sockets unplugged just because it makes her happy. I also think it is easy to see that it is love to pluck the sockets even though it makes her unhappy.

War, r.ape and all the other atrocities are not the will of GOD for us. They are abbe rations that came into existence as a result of misapplication of the powers inherent in the laws of GOD. Wars, rape, genocide, etc will cease if we men start to live in the sense of the laws of GOD. Stay blessed.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by plaetton: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kay17:

In the absesnce of evidence to prove otherwise, I boldly assert that this, the bolded) is most likely the case.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
plaetton:
In the absesnce of evidence to prove otherwise, I boldly assert that this, the bolded) is most likely the case.

People who don't have their heads shoved up their asses realize this. But the reincarnated "sage" I quote below and his ilk will insist that it's the result of the violation of their fairy's will.

mnwankwo:

2. You seem not to have understood my previous post. I have clearly said that what happens to us can be as a result of (i)the fruits of our seeds, (ii) mission karma, (iii) victim of misapplication or wrong use of free will by others.

Your 17 month old daughter finally succeeds; shoves her index finger into the electric outlet and gets her brain fried. On your way to the hospital you get rear ended by an 18 wheeler and your spinal cord is severed.

Which of the folowing makes the most sense?

i) the seeds you sowed during your reincarnations between 2500BCE and 1544CE have borne fruits

ii) your daughter's chosen mission karma was to be born and electrocuted

iii) you and your daughter are victims of the "missapplication of free will"

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
DeepSight:
Lol. Funny man.

No it wouldn't. It would be a waste of time. A monumental exercise in futility.

DeepSight:

No, not Harry Potter. It reads more like Game of Thrones. Fantasy like, 7 gods and 7 heavens, dragons, ice giants and magic.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by plaetton: 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
Martian:

No, not Harry Potter. It reads more like Game of Thrones. Fantasy like, 7 gods and 7 heavens, dragons, ice giants and magic.

Believe me sir, I could live with mythical fantasies like dragons, giants, Santa clause, etc, but Deepsight's word salads is one hallucinegenic meal I 'd rather do without.
No, thank you.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by plaetton: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dear MNwankwo,

As an admirer of your posts, it's hard to for me to disagree with much of what you have written here, except of course, that my universe runs freely on its own and does not include designer or creator god.

I want to take a critical look at the passage below:

mnwankwo:
The purpose for which God - the creator created and imbued us with the talents or faculties is for us to find supreme joy and radiant happiness. The ultimate goal of spiritual evolution is to transform the talents inherent in the spirit (man) into abilities. Once these abilities become alive in a man, they will naturally place him or her in sync with the power of God, the creator. A man who have established this link with GOD will sense inner happiness and supreme joy. Whether such a man is rich or poor, healthy or sick, he bears peace within himself for the power of GOD to which he is linked will show him with clinical precision the how and why of his present situation. God doesn't will suffering or evil for any of his creatures, Suffering and evil simply arose as a consequence of misapplication of the power of GOD by those creatures that are blessed with the ability of free will. Man who is spirit is one of such creatures.

First, I think it is always an error to assume and assert that the humans species are so special, that all of nature and creatures were created around our needs for our ultimate joy and happiness. We should be reminded that we share this particular nonedescript planet, this grain of sand in the cosmic desert with billions of other living species, each vying for survival, and I suppose, supreme joy and radiant happiness too.

What gives us supreme joy and radiant happiness may not , and has evidently not given the same to billions of our other terrestrial relatives and neighbors. Therefore, supreme joy and radiant happiness may be relative afterall. smiley

If you talk of spiritual evolution, then it should not be hard to talk of biological evolution of all living species and the social evolution of the human species too.
If you study these in dept, you will see no evidence of any God purposefully imbuing any creature or humans with any talents. You will only infer such if that is what you want to infer.
All creatures have features and talents that have evolved over the eons to enable them survive. In the evolutionary game of survival, one creature's supreme joy and radiant happiness would equally mean another creature's eternal nightmare, if not extinction.
You can't tell me that chickens are bred in cages, forced-fed, and then mass-slaughtered for our supreme enjoyment because of the misapplication of their freewill or karma.

Predator or Prey, It is simply a matter of a creature's position in the food chain.

Likewise, outside of Earth, we may be far far lower in the celestial foodchain, where, in this case, our bondage, agony and suffering may just be the fuel for another species' supreme joy and happiness.

From what we know so far, there is no evidence that the universe does or ever needed a conscious and purposeful god.
If god exists, then god could not and should never have been a mystery.

Now, if on the other hand, like most honest deist would say, that god is a mystery, then we should treat god like all other mysteries of the universe-.. we should seek to solve it.

In trying to understand or solve the mystery of god, who or what system of inquiry is most competent to solve or at the least, lead the search for god?

Well, my answer is simple, and I reiterate as before that,
Only empirical science can search... and perhaps ultimately solve the mystery of god.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol......I know your tactic by now....you attack me whenever I correct you or prove you wrong.

What kind of christian is a fan of this cartoon group?-

It is called Tolerance. Maybe that's something that you're probably not familiar with. One of my colleagues is a hardcore atheist, and an artist by moonlight. It does not stop me from conversing with him or enjoying his work. Why should Cyanide and Happiness be any different from him? I don't find THIS cartoon funny, but does that mean I should reject every single work they produce?

How many Hollywood actors and actresses or other people in the entertainment industry do we reject their work just because they do not agree with our religious values ALL THE TIME? Did not Aristotle say 'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'?

Once again, guy try dey make sense.

4 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
DeepSight:

Na wah, the thing just changed like that o, every few times I created a special handle to make posts when banned such as (Deep_Sight, DeepSight and Depardo). However the nuclearbomb that was dropped on nairaland somehow left me with only DeepSight but strangely combined the posts, although all posts from January were lost.

How have you been?

Oh, maybe Seun and/or the mods combined usernames (risky business if you ask me, especially if the users were not informed). Fine oh, thanks bro. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Can You Receive The Holy Spirit Without Speaking In Tongues? / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.