Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. (13400 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2: PastorAIO,

What is your belief sef?

I have been trying to find out but i cant guess from your comments

Secular christian?
Agnostic?
New age christian?
DeisT?

I am religious.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
PastorAIO:

I am religious.

Guy, spill the beans

What is your belief?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Guy, spill the beans

What is your belief?

... Here we go again....

I believe many things. Here are a few of them.

I believe that the universe is infused and suffused with Intent.

I believe that knowing and harmonising with this Intent (singular or plural would be going into too much detail for now) is the key to Living a Good Life.

I believe that to call myself a christian will cause me to be identified with too many people that I have absolutely nothing in common with, so I avoid it.

I believe, that the Bible is not the basis of christianity, but in fact the bible is an artifact of the church which precedes it. I believe this is the cause of much of my misunderstanding with many so called christians.

I believe I ought to start a thread on Religion and what it means to me so that next time I get asked this age old question again I can just referred the questioner to the thread and save time.

I believe that no matter how much I know or whatever concepts I form about reality, the True will always confound my concepts and my beliefs. In other words I can never actually grasp the truth with my limited brain. Someone called this stance perspectivism and I see no reason to deny that.

I believe that I am bound by nature to always form ideas and concepts about God, the world, reality etc, and I cannot help it, however if I take my beliefs with an appropriate measure of salt ( maybe a pinch, maybe a teaspoon, maybe a whole bottle) then I reckon I'll be better off than those others who stamp their feet and whinge and whine when their beliefs are proved to be unfounded either by argument or by actually circumstance.

I belief in practice and experiment as ways of keeping up with the Truth. In other words I have a fair bit of contempt for armchair theology/philosophy. Or to put it another way, Reading the bible or any other religious book for that matter does nothing for you, and will only help you in vacuous debate with other airheads. But in order to grow spiritually one needs to take up the practice of an actual spiritual discipline. From the results of this practice you will know whether what you're following is worthwhile or not.

I believe that there are pros and cons to practicing religion within a cult.

I believe that most 'christians' are more devoted to their cult than they are to their actual religious practice.

I believe Messi shouldn't have been awarded the Player of the Tournament for this world cup.

I believe that anyone that doesn't appreciate me has poor tastes.

etc etc etc.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by truthislight: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2014
Martian:

Pop Quiz.

Which of the following was the first vibration of reality?

a) Male

b) Transgender

c) Female

d) Oneness of infinity as

e) All of the above.

grin
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by BabaGnoni: 9:02am On Jul 18, 2014
PastorAIO:

... Here we go again....

I believe that knowing and harmonising with this Intent (singular or plural would be going into too much detail for now) is the key to Living a Good Life.

I believe that to call myself a christian will cause me to be identified with too many people that I have absolutely nothing in common with, so I avoid it.

I believe, that the Bible is not the basis of christianity, but in fact the bible is an artifact of the church which precedes it. I believe this is the cause of much of my misunderstanding with many so called christians.

I believe I ought to start a thread on Religion and what it means to me so that next time I get asked this age old question again I can just referred the questioner to the thread and save time.

I believe that no matter how much I know or whatever concepts I form about reality, the True will always confound my concepts and my beliefs. In other words I can never actually grasp the truth with my limited brain. Someone called this stance perspectivism and I see no reason to deny that.

I believe that I am bound by nature to always form ideas and concepts about God, the world, reality etc, and I cannot help it, however if I take my beliefs with an appropriate measure of salt ( maybe a pinch, maybe a teaspoon, maybe a whole bottle) then I reckon I'll be better off than those others who stamp their feet and whinge and whine when their beliefs are proved to be unfounded either by argument or by actually circumstance.

I belief in practice and experiment as ways of keeping up with the Truth. In other words I have a fair bit of contempt for armchair theology/philosophy. Or to put it another way, Reading the bible or any other religious book for that matter does nothing for you, and will only help you in vacuous debate with other airheads. But in order to grow spiritually one needs to take up the practice of an actual spiritual discipline. From the results of this practice you will know whether what you're following is worthwhile or not.

I believe that most 'christians' are more devoted to their cult than they are to their actual religious practice.

I believe Messi shouldn't have been awarded the Player of the Tournament for this world cup.

etc etc etc.

I believe you've been as straight as a die...

I believe if Neymar had played, Brazil wouldn't have got beaten 7-1 by Germany in the Tournament for this world cup

I believe that appreciating taste is relative though

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by truthislight: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
grin

Martian:

Don't mind those two heathens. A"serious person" like you shouldnt be arguing with people without brain cells.
As a spokesman for ants, I totally concur with the last sentence. Im also a "serious person" now, but i dont think the first vibration of reality was a female. It was a transgender vibration. Ask nwankwo, he learned it when he reincarnated as a dog living in a buddhist temple, 1000 years ago. He feels the vibration now and he can articulate beautifully because he's also a "serious person. Kpele, dont mind them jare. Carry on.

grin

I LITERALLY FELL OFF MY SEAT. grin
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by truthislight: 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by truthislight: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
DeepSight:

Perhaps because you are an ant and God is the Planet Pluto?

Or perhaps because you are a white blood cell and God is a human being?

Or perhaps because you are a grain of sand and God is the Earth?

Or perhaps because you are a drop of water and God is the Ocean?

You see, it makes no sense for minuscule beings such as ourselves to assert that things bigger than our perceptive capacity, by that reason alone, CANNOT exist.

kiss
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
PastorAIO:

... Here we go again....

etc etc etc.

You couldnt describe your beliefs in one line? You had to go throught the Deepsight/M-Nwankwo route of verbose sophistry?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by MizMyColi(f): 6:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

... Here we go again....

etc etc etc.
shocked shocked Please sir, where have you been all my NL Life cry
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You couldnt describe your beliefs in one line? You had to go throught the Deepsight/M-Nwankwo route of verbose sophistry?

Riiiiight! I get it. You're looking for the one liner, put it in the box, lazy man's approach to life and thinking. O ma se o!

I'm sorry that I can be of no help to you. Perhaps one day you'll learn to think without recourse to boxes and labels and then we'll actually be able to have a conversation.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
MizMyColi: shocked shocked Please sir, where have you been all my NL Life cry

That's so sweet! It's a long time anyone has shown me such appreciation on NL. You, mademoiselle, obviously have very excellent tastes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

Riiiiight! I get it. You're looking for the one liner, put it in the box, lazy man's approach to life and thinking. O ma se o!

I'm sorry that I can be of no help to you. Perhaps one day you'll learn to think without recourse to boxes and labels and then we'll actually be able to have a conversation.

Come to the real world....labels are inevitable
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

That's so sweet! It's a long time anyone has shown me such appreciation on NL. You, mademoiselle, obviously have very excellent tastes.
Know your boundaries. angry
If I vex for you a thousand Yahweh's wont save you.

tongue
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Come to the real world....labels are inevitable

Don't confuse the real world with the world of human ideas and concepts.

It might pay you to reflect on what I'm saying here:

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by PastorAIO: 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Apatheist:
Know your boundaries. angry
If I vex for you a thousand Yahweh's wont save you.

tongue

No vex abeg. Na she dey tickle my weak spot. I find people who think I'm great irresistible.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by MizMyColi(f): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
cool
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

No vex abeg. Na she dey tickle my weak spot. I find people who think I'm great irresistible.
Leave her.
She's mine already.cool

If you want tickle, use feather. grin

Irresistible. If I hear. grin
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
PastorAIO:

... Here we go again....

etc etc etc.
This is just beautiful. grin

Make I read the comments wey I miss.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 20, 2014
Mzmycoli would find this thread interesting, i hope.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by texanomaly(f): 3:20am On Oct 20, 2014
musKeeto:
Mzmycoli would find this thread interesting, i hope.

Recruiting are we?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 3:21am On Oct 20, 2014
texanomaly:

Recruiting are we?
grin
Tex kiss
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by texanomaly(f): 3:42am On Oct 20, 2014
musKeeto:

grin
Tex kiss

kiss back atcha!
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by MizMyColi(f): 6:05am On Oct 20, 2014
texanomaly:

Recruiting are we?

LoL

I could use a new Job.

Muskeeto smiley
Hi

There's an "i" after "z"

I've read this before.

I should read it again.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by MizMyColi(f): 6:08am On Oct 20, 2014
PastorAIO:

*throws hands in the air*

Oh well, I just had to quote you.

Seeing this thread evokes memories.

RIP Apatheist.
angry

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by MizMyColi(f): 6:15am On Oct 20, 2014
texanomaly:

Wow! Till I got to the end and noticed you were quoting someone else, I thought you were 58 years old.

@ topic

Lately...I got nothin'

cheesy

grin grin

Same Here
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 20, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL

I could use a new Job.

Muskeeto smiley
Hi

There's an "i" after "z"

I've read this before.

I should read it again.
Correction noted. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by MizMyColi(f): 6:19am On Oct 20, 2014
macof:

Many people have this philosophy that "Everything happens for a reason with a cause"
I subscribe to that, for very good reasons too

If I am to survive a car accident I would count myself lucky, but what controls this "luck"

Watever it is I would give thanks o

But then when has life given the impression that the creator is all kind and loving??
Why do people still expect an all loving, giving good things God?
life is much more complicated

May your life become more sensible.

Ise

cheesy

grin grin
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by MizMyColi(f): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2014

Leave her.
She's mine already.cool

If you want tickle, use feather. grin

Irresistible. If I hear. grin

cry

sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?" / Jesus Appeared To Chris Okotie At 3-years-old / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.