Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. (13394 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by TheBigUrban2: 6:02am On Jul 01, 2014
Ubenedictus:

i don't even know where you are coming from and where you are going to, you have manage to rant about nothing.

My God understands suffering not just relatively or according to his omniscience but also personally because 2000yrs ago he too human nature in the person Jesus, lived among men, grieve with them and was sad, was happy and exited, was angry...he felt the full spectrum of human emotion, he also went the spectrum of suffering, he was betrayed by his friends, denied by his disciples ridicled by his people. He went all the way, he experienced our suffering in his own person, he suffered with us.

That is what the christian message says.

At the end of the day, JESUS CAN NOT DIE. GOD CAN NOT DIE.

Jesus did not suffer betrayal. He betrayed himself. How many of us can prophecy betrayal before it happens? Jesus knew that Judas would betray him long before it happened. Jesus is no different from a suicidal maniac who feels and fears nothing from this world. A normal human being would have avoided such betrayal with prior knowledge of it.

What about God in heaven? Only a maniac that doesnt feel suffering or pain would sacrifice his son.

Again, God doesnt understand human suffering or pain. Someone that is said to have flooded and killed the whole earth (barring one family of Noah) just because they displeased him.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by plaetton: 6:40am On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

And you find no joy or improvement in using those things?

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that people who use these modern trappings are leading a more happy and meaningful life than previous generations who did not use them.
In fact, we can make the case that these trappings take the humanity out of us. Most people , myself included, now spend more time on smartphones than on interacting with friends and relatives the original human way. These trappings also narrow our experiences by allowing us to customize our own little universes that includes only us and our preferences.

But even at that, I get noooooo benefits, and I can bet that noooooo one gets any direct benefits from the invisible skymonster/daddy.
With god , all things are imaginary.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2014
plaetton:

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that people who use these modern trappings are leading a more happy and meaningful life than previous generations who did not use them.
In fact, we can make the case that these trappings take the humanity out of us. Most people , myself included, now spend more time on smartphones than on interacting with friends and relatives the original human way. These trappings also narrow our experiences by allowing us to customize our own little universes that includes only us and our preferences.

But even at that, I get noooooo benefits, and I can bet that noooooo one gets any direct benefits from the invisible skymonster/daddy.
With god , all things are imaginary.

Yet you spend your hard earned money pursuing these illusions how are you different from the people you are denigrating?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by mazaje(m): 8:18am On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

Why do you need a 5.5in smartphone, a 3.0ghz quadcore computer with 16gb RAM, a five bedroom house, a V8 Mercedes S Class vehicle?

what has this got to do with god?. . .

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2014
The greatest lie ever told is the lie of God's existence. Life and its experiences only begin to make sense when the idea of god is 'deleted'.

This is my contribution sir!

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2014
mazaje: "The spiritual is strongly anchored and sustained by illogic. It offers no explanations and requires none". - Amanfrommar. . .

That guy is making more sense than you people so pls keep shut and don't distract us from the points he is making.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 10:02am On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

Yet you spend your hard earned money pursuing these illusions how are you different from the people you are denigrating?

Ask the foolish heads o. Some of them don't even use their hard earned money to acquire those things rather they steal them from those who used their hard earned money to acquire them. Some steal people's hard earned money and use it to buy those things yet they ll come here and be ranting.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by mazaje(m): 10:03am On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

That guy is making more sense than you people so pls keep shut and don't distract us from the points he is making.

grin grin grin. . .my man. .

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by qstar(m): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

That guy is making more [size=15]sense[/size] than you people so pls keep shut and don't distract us from the points he is making.

There's no need for "sense" when faith is involved.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

At the end of the day, JESUS CAN NOT DIE. GOD CAN NOT DIE.

Jesus did not suffer betrayal. He betrayed himself. How many of us can prophecy betrayal before it happens? Jesus knew that Judas would betray him long before it happened. Jesus is no different from a suicidal maniac who feels and fears nothing from this world. A normal human being would have avoided such betrayal with prior knowledge of it.

What about God in heaven? Only a maniac that doesnt feel suffering or pain would sacrifice his son.

Again, God doesnt understand human suffering or pain. Someone that is said to have flooded and killed the whole earth (barring one family of Noah) just because they displeased him.

Says logic boy, yet it doesn't change anything except in your brain. You people are just derailing this thread. This thread originally was heading to some interesting points but you people have come with your evil derailing spirit. Na wa for una.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 10:35am On Jul 01, 2014
Ubenedictus:

interesting explanation, though i disagree.

What part do you disagree with? That's what the Bible says in Acts 13:24-27 though. And Psalm 16.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 10:40am On Jul 01, 2014
mazaje:

what has this got to do with god?. . .

We all hunger for the new and the more. Some acquire things, others feed their inner appetites. Why is the one after the inward an illegitimate pursuit?

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by InesQor(m): 10:43am On Jul 01, 2014
texanomaly:

I have never understood the trinity and have never really believed the concept to be credible. I find your concept much more believable. The bolded is closer to my belief than any other I’ve encountered here.

Do you believe that there is a part of this “essence” or “make-up” in everyone and everything created by God?

Yes I believe this essence is present in all creation in various trace quantities. I also believe while the rest of us can grow in God, Jesus had it 100%. The Bible says in Col 2:9 that in him dwells the FULLNESS of the Godhead bodily

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 10:45am On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

We all hunger for the new and the more. Some acquire things, others feed their inner appetites. Why is the one after the inward an illegitimate pursuit?

There is nothing new about religion. It's a bronze age belief system which managed to survive to the 21st century through dictatorial leaderships, torture, and widespread massacres. What you're experiencing is only the calm after the storm

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2014
qstar:

There's no need for "sense" when faith is involved.

What you don't know and have not experienced doesn't make sense to you so that's your business. My life is faith based. Faith works for me very well. Faith makes sense in every way to me. You are not the benchmark to determine what should make sense to other people.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 11:21am On Jul 01, 2014
mazaje:

grin grin grin. . .my man. .

Atheist pastor mazaje. grin

3 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by qstar(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

What you don't know and have not experienced doesn't make sense to you so that's your business.

I have experienced faith. So, stop projecting. I don't wish to derail this thread.

My life is faith based. Faith works for me very well. Faith makes sense in every way to me. You are not the benchmark to determine what should make sense to other people.

Faith is simply being hopeful, sometimes, expecting wonders and illogic. ---

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by qstar(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2014
-dp-
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 11:51am On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

There is nothing new about religion. It's a bronze age belief system which managed to survive to the 21st century through dictatorial leaderships, torture, and widespread massacres. What you're experiencing is only the calm after the storm

Hunger does not recognize history. You ate yesterday and the day before, will you quieten your appetite with that information?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by qstar(m): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

Hunger does not recognize history. You ate yesterday and the day before, will you quieten your appetite with that information?

On point! I must commend

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 11:55am On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

I don't eat my s)hit, or regurgitated food. I eat something new.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by alexleo(m): 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
qstar:

I have experienced faith. So, stop projecting. I don't wish to derail this thread.

Faith is simply being hopeful, sometimes, expecting wonders and illogic. ---

Faith is not being hopeful. You ve not experienced faith that's why it doesn't make sense to you. Those who live a faith based life knows that it makes sense in everyway. Carry your logic and park well. No logic can make more sense to me than what I experienced. Experience remains the best teacher.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

Experience remains the best teacher.

So what's the point of all the constant evangelism?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by qstar(m): 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

Faith is not being hopeful. You ve not experienced faith that's why it doesn't make sense to you. Those who live a faith based life knows that it makes sense in everyway. Carry your logic and park well. No logic can make more sense to me than what I experienced. Experience remains the best teacher.

Okay.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2014
alexleo:

Yes, Faith is that vacuous concept that makes men to suppress their reasoning ability and promotes illogic. It is faith that allows 'men of god' to sleep with their members and those same women shout ' touch not my anointed'!

Hmmm....faith at times is a ' beautiful' thing!!! Halleluyah!

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

I don't eat my s)hit, or regurgitated food. I eat something new.

How many times have you drank water in the past year?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

How many times have you drank water in the past year?

I dunno, lots. But never my own urine or sweat. What's your point?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

I dunno, lots. But never my own urine or sweat. What's your point?

How many times did the water taste new?
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by mazaje(m): 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Yes, Faith is that vacuous concept that makes men to suppress their reasoning ability and promotes illogic. It is faith that allows 'men of god' to sleep with their members and those same women shout ' touch not my anointed'!

Hmmm....faith at times is a ' beautiful' thing!!! Halleluyah!

Tell him ohh. . faith is indeed a beautiful thing. . .

2 Likes

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Weah96: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lord_Reed:

How many times did the water taste new?

From hunger and thirst, and now to taste. Where are you going with this silliness? I don't taste water, unless it's bad water.
Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
Pastor AIO: "I've been a deep believer my whole life. 18 years as a Southern Baptist. More than 40 years as a mainline Protestant. I'm an ordained pastor. But it's just stopped making sense to me. You see people doing terrible things in the name of religion, and you think: 'Those people believe just as strongly as I do. They're just as convinced as I am.' And it just doesn't make sense anymore. It doesn't make sense to believe in a God that dabbles in people's lives. If a plane crashes, and one person survives, everyone thanks God. They say: 'God had a purpose for that person. God saved her for a reason!' Do we not realize how cruel that is? Do we not realize how cruel it is to say that if God had a purpose for that person, he also had a purpose in killing everyone else on that plane? And a purpose in starving millions of children? A purpose in slavery and genocide? For every time you say that there's a purpose behind one person's success, you invalidate billions of people. You say there is a purpose to their suffering. And that's just cruel."

http://www.humansofnewyork.com/post/90268158526/ive-been-a-deep-believer-my-whole-life-18-years

Please let's discuss this.

It is irritating to state that cruelty and and badness is God's purpose. God's purpose for the earth hasn't been realized. Man's fall into sin delayed it, but never erased it. the future will see God's purpose for obedient humans.

The above no doubt stems from the belief in fate, that we are ruled by fate. that isn't true. It only makes God cruel. Jah gives us freewill.

1 Like

Re: I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. by LordReed(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

From hunger and thirst, and now to taste. Where are you going with this silliness? I don't taste water, unless it's bad water.

The stimulus we require to satisfy our hungers do not need to be new or different all the time. The seeking of inner peace is the same as any physical need you want to satisfy. If you believe that you have every right to consume psilocybin then why is my prayer offensive?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can You Receive The Holy Spirit Without Speaking In Tongues? / Difference Between Sex And Romance And Is Romance A Sin? / What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.