Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. (27642 Views)

Painting Documentation Of An Ipaja Building / Checkout The First Storey Building In Nigeria / Thread For Property Owners On Types Of Paint & Pictorial Documentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by payoski: 7:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
[quote author=spyder880 post=25377975]More[/quo9te] I really loved this Windows, please my prof, what is the dimensions of this Window?
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 6:54am On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author=payoski post=28971202][/quote]
I will consult my records later.
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by Spirit101: 5:56am On Dec 21, 2014
Dear Spyder880,
I'm building a 6 bedroom duplex in my home town ENUGU-ezike with two living rooms and all room en suite and it has cost me about 8.5 m to get to parapet level. I'm wondering how you have done this job to roofing level for just 9.5m
spyder880:
WE PRAISE THE MIGHTY NAME OF GOD, WHO MAKES IT POSSIBLE, THOSE THINGS WE THOUGHT WERE IMPOSSIBLE!!!

We have got another contract to build yet another house for another good friend. I think this year will be very loaded for the Spyder's team. The details of the project are as follows.

Project: Construction of a new 5 bedroom fully deta[left][/left][b][/b]ched duplex
Client: A Nairalander
Contractor: Tigerkenn Nig LTD
Budget: N 9.5m
Duration: 75 days.

The other finer details of this house are,5 bedrooms all en suite, an ante-room, a large main lounge, large kitchen, dining room beautiful designed columns, a visitor's toilet, beautiful balconies, etc.

The budget mentioned above, is for all the works in this house starting from the foundation till all of the roofing is done with stone coated roofing tiles, it does not include any finish works like the plastering, doors, windows, tiles, plumbing or electrical wires.
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by Empiree: 6:00am On Dec 21, 2014
Spirit101:

Dear Spyder880,
I'm building a 6 bedroom duplex in my home town ENUGU-ezike with two living rooms and all room en suite and it has cost me about 8.5 m to get to parapet level. I'm wondering how you have done this job to roofing level for just 9.5m
Are you using "concrete or aluminum parapet". If Aluminum, kindly let me know where you buy them and possible cost. Thanks
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by Spirit101: 6:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Hi Empiree, I'm actually using concrete parapet for this project
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by Empiree: 6:54am On Dec 21, 2014
Spirit101:
, I'm actually using concrete parapet for this project
ok. good luck. if you do hear about aluminum's locations in SW, kindly let a brother know. If you don't mind me ask what's estimated cost to erect your parapet ?
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2014
Spirit101:

Dear Spyder880,

My brother, I was cutting a lot of costs. Sand was very cheap in this location. Just N7000 for one trip.
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by Waterway: 10:07am On Dec 21, 2014
Waterway:
Spyder :
This section of property on NL , has been a great forum to solve challenges related to building in regions of the country and hopefully lead to awareness that encourages demand for best practices in our builders. One of the challenges of setting up a building in Enugu has to be access to water. The options are well water but what about boreholes. Can you enlighten the forum on how you have gone about the challenges of access to water for your clients ??
How much was estimated to dig the borehole for this project in Enugu ? What was the dept to get water ?
Do you consult/ geologist or any expert to pick where to dig in the compound for best yield of water/aquifer ?
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
Waterway:
Spyder :
This section of property on NL , has been a great forum to solve challenges related to building in regions of the country and hopefully lead to awareness that encourages demand for best practices in our builders. One of the challenges of setting up a building in Enugu has to be access to water. The options are well water but what about boreholes. Can you enlighten the forum on how you have gone about the challenges of access to water for your clients ??
How much was estimated to dig the borehole for this project in Enugu ? What was the dept to get water ?
Do you consult/ geologist or any expert to pick where to dig in the compound for best yield of water/aquifer ?

Hello Sir, I didn't answer the questions earlier because I was looking to call up the borehole contractor to ask all the questions as their top man was not always on site with us. Getting a borehole sunk in Enugu is fraught with a lot of difficulties. In most parts of Enugu town, you cannot find water in good quantities under the surfaces. Ground water is very deep into the soil.
In this location, the land is very close to the stream of Golf estate. So we had the hope of finding water underground, the initial budget was N700,000 but I understand the amount was later reviewed due to the added days they spent and because they hit a large rock and had to start all over in a different spot in the compound.
I dont know the total depth because they left before I could return from PH, the contractor doubles as a geologist.
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello friends, 
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014. 

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation in 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt. 

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site. 

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one. 

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learnt a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland. 

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalising some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity. 

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients. 

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I llan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings. 

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all. 

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by FabioPeter: 6:12am On Nov 07, 2015
mufutau55:

Some advantages are to prevent weed growing from underneath and water sipping from underneath.. I am sure Oga Spyder will have more.

Hajji M.
The waterproof underneath prevents effective drainage which ought the be one of the fine aspect of the interlocking tiles design.
Sand particles get in between the tiles and rest on the waterproof providing good soil for weed to grow.
The worst case is the tiles eventually retro water because of blocked seepage this causes it to be slippery and unsafe.
I recommend herbicides are used to combat weeds rather than polythene water proof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 6:44am On Nov 07, 2015
FabioPeter:

The waterproof underneath prevents effective drainage which ought the be one of the fine aspect of the interlocking tiles design.
Sand particles get in between the tiles and rest on the waterproof providing good soil for weed to grow.
The worst case is the tiles eventually retro water because of blocked seepage this causes it to be slippery and unsafe.
I recommend herbicides are used to combat weeds rather than polythene water proof.

I think you have a point, the waterproof has no control for weed growth.

1 Like

Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by teeotal007(m): 7:14am On Nov 17, 2015
a nice very nice shower? you're factory based dealers?
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by eazyway212: 9:59pm On May 28, 2017
For your soil tests ; contact me, Engr. Ezekiel@ 08060244464.....We deliver in all types of soil tests
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 7:22pm On May 03, 2018
teeotal007:
a nice very nice shower? you're factory based dealers?

No, I bought it off the market.
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by Amastermovic(m): 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2018
@spyder880

Good Day sir
I am still a fresh Engineer still in my final years I have experience in bridge construction and general design for any type of building

This is my question sir how much will it cost to build a 5bed duplex at this present moment from foundation to the finishes [ including tiles and pop ] and as an engineer how much do you think I will gain from such project

my second question sir what if it's a four bedroom all ensuite or 5bedroom bungalow how much and what will be my gain

Thanks
Re: A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 9:54am On Jul 27, 2018
Amastermovic:
@spyder880

Good Day sir
I am still a fresh Engineer still in my final years I have experience in bridge construction and general design for any type of building

This is my question sir how much will it cost to build a 5bed duplex at this present moment from foundation to the finishes [ including tiles and pop ] and as an engineer how much do you think I will gain from such project

my second question sir what if it's a four bedroom all ensuite or 5bedroom bungalow how much and what will be my gain

Thanks

Welcome, but the fact still remains that without a clear idea on what the sizes of the planned building will be, you need to have the building plan to estimate cost of the building, before finding out what the profits might be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! / Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? / Many Feared Trapped As Building Collapses In Kano (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.