Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,675 members, 7,955,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:16 AM

Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? (8915 Views)

3d Animators Corner / To All 3d Animators. / Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by Royver(m): 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
@shimish, beautiful job man, well done.
Wanted to ask about your placement of lighting, is he riding into the sun or away from it?Then the movement of the front tyre, although giving a good illusion of movement, seems a bit much to me. Also concerning the characters from your previous picture, amazing. did you model them yourself?

Visited your website. Wonderful work. Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by Royver(m): 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
@reidkrugger and OKX; i apologise for my outburst. I guess my passion for this art got the better of me.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by OKX(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
@roy
apology unnecessary. U did no wrong.
u just set a ball rolling, suddenly we r 25k up in kitty cash...lol

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by Shimish: 5:03am On Jul 07, 2014
OKX: @shimish
looking real promising.
a slight pop in the knees, and maybe tone down the hand movement on the handle bar a bit.....unless he's meant to b weaving across the street.

great job.

lol thanks for the observations, makes sense. I've made the adjusts.
Royver: @shimish, beautiful job man, well done.
Wanted to ask about your placement of lighting, is he riding into the sun or away from it?Then the movement of the front tyre, although giving a good illusion of movement, seems a bit much to me. Also
concerning the characters from your previous picture, amazing. did you model them yourself?

Visited your website. Wonderful work. Kudos.
thanks. regarding the lighting, like I said its just a test render, because rendering it just takes a few minutes; however it would frustrating to spend hours rendering the final scene, only to notice errors in the animation. the scene where he is riding already has its lighting set up which will take care of your light concerns.
regarding the modeling, I model everything myself excluding vehicles. regarding the front tire, I'm not sure I get you. are you referring to the wheel rotation or the wheel steering?

1 Like

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by cgniyi(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
OKX:
seeking 3d artists on a site that caters to several other interests (of which 3d art is a minor one at that) is bound to give misleading impressions.
visit dedicated art sites to experience real growth.
d serious artists do, that's why it seems like they don't exist here.

True, there are plenty other sites a serious 3d artist should visit before Nairaland. Not saying artists that visit nairaland are not serious smiley
but if you're serious about learning and improving, visit these sites - they attract artists, from beginners to industry professionals, from all over the world.
I usually have nairaland open next to 3dtotal,cgtalk,cg.tutsplus and some other sites
The attraction with Nairaland is the avenue to relate and share experiences with fellow Nigerian artists, 'cos we do face some peculair challenges here that only a Nigerian can relate with.
Of course, there's also the intention to see a strong cg community grow from here to the level of some of these other sites. So i hope to see more artists post their works here.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by cgniyi(m): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
+1 to competition

OKX: @spy
kool. I will match ur kind offer with 20k, so we r 25k up n counting.
more partners r welcome. If we hit 100k or more i believe that isn't so bad.
so, all of u that talk about change and progress.....its ACTION time.
lets raise worthy prize money.

+15k to prize money.
Pls, for the competition, let's come up with something a challenging and interesting

A stick of suya,a box of sugar, a basin of garri? shocked

1 Like

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by OKX(m): 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
@cgniyi
way to go man!

@all
that's 40k n counting.
come on guys, even 1k makes a difference.
lets gun for at least 100k and organize a good competition.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by misteri: 9:34am On Jul 08, 2014
OKX: @cgniyi
way to go man!

@all
that's 40k n counting.
come on guys, even 1k makes a difference.
lets gun for at least 100k and organize a good competition.
. Good work everyone. 40k and counting. Nice

1 Like

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by emmanuelatas(m): 5:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hello guys! Is any body here that uses maya very well. I will want to have a chat with your personally on facebook. The time with you wouldn't be a waste. Just add me up on facebook. Ataseraiba Emmanuel
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by OKX(m): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
@emma
what do u wish to discuss?
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by emmanuelatas(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
@okx it's mainly 3D. thanks...
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by emmanuelatas(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
@okx it's mainly 3D. thanks...
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by emmanuelatas(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Privately
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by OKX(m): 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
@emma
naturally it would be 3d.
i wonder y d secrecy tho... wink

the advantage of public post is response from a wider audience.
i don't fb that much, haven't accessed my acct there in a bit.

lemme know wot its about, n if im ur man then we can decide how to communicate.
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by reidkrugger(m): 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hello guys and a lot has happened here i must say. With a lot of thread diversion as well.
Well kudos to all the guys that have contributed to the growth of the thread and also to those that are trying to encourage other artists with some prize money. that's alot to give away at this time trust me.
So when is the competition kicking off and why hasn't anyone shown interest in competing? At the organizers, what next? I'm keen on seeing how this ends.
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by Royver(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2014
reidkrugger: Hello guys and a lot has happened here i must say. With a lot of thread diversion as well.
Well kudos to all the guys that have contributed to the growth of the thread and also to those that are trying to encourage other artists with some prize money. that's alot to give away at this time trust me.
So when is the competition kicking off and why hasn't anyone shown interest in competing? At the organizers, what next? I'm keen on seeing how this ends.

@cgniyi the idea for my example was something simplefor amateur animators since my last idea was said to be too complex. I also wanted original models that couldn't be simply downloaded. Fear of complexity might be the same reason why apparently no one has shown interest in the competition yet. I could be wrong though.

Who is this competition targeted at, the expert 3D animators or the Amateurs?
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by prof800(m): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2014
Royver:

Good question. sad
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by OKX(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2014
@roy
hi man.
ur last competition wasn't complex at all.
its d finer details that affected participation, in my opinion.

points to consider r:
prize: how valuable is it?
structure: is it an animation challenge? A modeling challenge? A cinematography challenge? Storytelling etc...or all of the above?

if its purely animation, then the models don't need to be original. Indeed, all participants using the same model makes for easier assessment.
if its modeling, then it should be to an agreed upon reference drawing and so on.

judges: who decides the winner(s)?
i have never really subscribed to decisions based on majority votes, especially if from the uninformed majority. People just solicit for votes based on popularity not necessarily merit of their submissions.
duration: how long will it last, given our busy schedules?

these things and lots more need be decided beforehand.
we also need publicity, like front page mention for instance.

my tots

if we cant increase the kitty, should all interested artists be made to contribute a token? I really think a figure like 100k should b our minimum target.
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by cgniyi(m): 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
reidkrugger: Hello guys and a lot has happened here i must say. With a lot of thread diversion as well.

I was waiting to see if we could get more donations, maybe even the 100k OKX suggested.
Also, we haven't decided on what the competition will be. Once that is done, we should be able to make FP and that should attract more ppl.
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by cgniyi(m): 11:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
Royver:
It should be open to everyone, but participants should at least have the basic knowledge of the entire 3d creation process - modeling, texturing, lighting & rendering to animating. I think that covers a lot of artists here.
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by cgniyi(m): 12:42am On Jul 12, 2014
OKX: @roy
hi man.
ur last competition wasn't complex at all.
its d finer details that affected participation, in my opinion.

points to consider r:
prize: how valuable is it?
structure: is it an animation challenge? A modeling challenge? A cinematography challenge? Storytelling etc...or all of the above?

if its purely animation, then the models don't need to be original. Indeed, all participants using the same model makes for easier assessment.
if its modeling, then it should be to an agreed upon reference drawing and so on.
Might be a good idea to first let everyone vote on the type of challenge they would want

modeling challenge
animation challenge or
lighting and rendering or even a short movie
We can then start posting other suggestions from there
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by spywareczar(m): 12:56am On Jul 12, 2014
If it is a modelling challenge, then I sure will participate, I think we shud make it a modelling challenge
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by cgniyi(m): 6:17am On Jul 12, 2014
I also vote for a modeling challenge.
Interested participants pls vote.

On the subject of judges, my humble self would like to apply grin. I will still be participating, but I won't qualify for the prize money
Forum mod could also be a judge if interested.
I think nairalanders should still vote with the highest number of likes counting as one vote
Anyone else interested let us know

What do you guys think?
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by cgniyi(m): 6:56am On Jul 12, 2014
Donations still welcomed, nothing is too small o!
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by jjk24(m): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Me me me ... Hmm well ma systems screen is broken rhyt nw buh me still in... Hehehe .. Bou d whole topic cant speak for odas buh my self.. Its lyk okx said .. Life aiit dah easy.. Been learning blender for a year now am good buh nt too good. Main point i shuld b better dan where i am rhyt nw.. Am jst a 17 year old who loves animation and cg lyk stuff and still tryin to geh in2 a good institution . Life is not easy buh one thing is sure we do have very good animators and modelers ..in Nigeria you guys keeps me going really.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by OKX(m): 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nice opinions.
mine is, why don't we go for a full production?

we can break it into sections, modeling and texturing, rigging and animating, lighting and rendering/post production.
that way it cuts across different artists areas of strength(s)/interests.
unless we feel we can sustain this and in future hold different challenges targeting the different production arms.

we could even have us form working 2 or 3-man teams to tackle d full project.

in as much as we r offering a token prize, the main aim of d exercise is to encourage artists synergizing their strengths to output quality work.

i also dig the idea of all nairaland votes counting as one vote.

i would also encourage those of us with access to foreign/experienced artists to explore the option of them popping in as additional judges.
it shouldn't be a case of d blind assessing the blind, lol.
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by cgniyi(m): 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
Honestly I feel a full production for a competition is quite ambitious.
As a personal project,yes, but as a competition not too sure.
Maybe it's cos I've never tried it before,not afraid of a challenge tho
But yeah,competing as a team helps a lot.
As long as we can get a lot a decent number of participants I'm down.
I see a few artists on the blender thread tackling this already.

So interested artists let us know what u think

The idea about with the judges is not bad, but anyone knows artists that would be interested undecided
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by cgniyi(m): 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
jjk24: Me me me ... Hmm well ma systems screen is broken rhyt nw buh me still in... Hehehe .. Bou d whole topic cant speak for odas buh my self.. Its lyk okx said .. Life aiit dah easy.. Been learning blender for a year now am good buh nt too good. Main point i shuld b better dan where i am rhyt nw.. Am jst a 17 year old who loves animation and cg lyk stuff and still tryin to geh in2 a good institution . Life is not easy buh one thing is sure we do have very good animators and modelers ..in Nigeria you guys keeps me going really.

Bro u on d right path,don't give up. I feel age especially is on ur side.The more time you put in, the better you become. A few more years and you could become a master
When I was 17 I didn't even know 3d existed smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2014
competition, heh?
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by OKX(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2014
@cg
ok, lets hear wot the artists think.
its awfully quiet in here though.

should we retag the thread or open a more descriptive one?

on the judges, I'm sure we all know a few. We can keep it in-house tho, if we must.

@jjk
good going mate.
keep ya passion alive, ur at the perfect stage to blaze through ya dreams.

cheers.
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 13, 2014
scintillating......will definitely poke my work....
Re: Where Are The 3d Animators, The Cg Artist Gone? by Goodays(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
Get it cleared that 3ds animation is one of the hardest discipline in the world. There is no easy way to it that is why people shy away from it. In present days people would love to get money real fast than wait for 2 or more years to build their experience. The fact still remain that there is no master in animation but there is experience gotten from constant practise. This is my second year in 3ds max animation. Am using the traditional animation skill for a start but still known to some enhancing tools for fast production. I have modeled and animated few project my self from scratch no importing from others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best Portrait Painting Artist In Lagos Nigeria / Importance Of Logos / A Nigerian Artists Oil And Acrylic Paintings On Canvas, Artworks By An African.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.