Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? (7109 Views)

8 S *x Positions Guys Never EVER Want To Try With You ( Seriously!) / Ladies...would You Date A Guy Who Smokes Weed?? / Would You Break Up With A Boyfriend Who Smokes Marijuana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Alert(f): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2008
my apologies to guys in nairaland that smoke, Please this is not meant as an insult rather I am trying to seek public opinion.
To gals in the house what do you think of a guy that smokes?
would you honestly want to marry him?
and on what condition?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by GsUp: 12:10am On Oct 07, 2008
Most women would marry a guy who smokes - if he has loads of money
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Tatase(f): 12:13am On Oct 07, 2008
I wouldn't go out with a smoker and so I couldn't marry a guy who smoked because of my lungs and our children's lungs. I think I'm just not used to it because I didn't grow up around many smokers and I don't really have anyone in my circle that is more than a social occasional smoker. So I can't really imagine what condition it would have to be. I don't think there's anything wrong with it if you tolerated the smoking when you're going out with the guy, then I don't think it should make a difference to marry him.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:16am On Oct 07, 2008
Whats the big deal about smoking??

1 Like

Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

Well, for one, it can kill smiley
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 12:19am On Oct 07, 2008
No big deal. . .
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Tatase(f): 12:20am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

It's a personal choice for the smoker but not for the people around who have to breathe the passive smoke and then smell like they're smokers. It's not that its a big deal as such, but I think it can be a deal-breaker in some relationships.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 12:21am On Oct 07, 2008
ibkaye:

Well, for one, it can kill smiley

you can also get run over by a crzy driver, does that mean u shd never leave ur house?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 07, 2008
For me, it's unethical
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 12:24am On Oct 07, 2008
what has ethics got to do with smoking? undecided
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 12:24am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

you can also get run over by a crzy driver, does that mean u should never leave ur house?

Are you sincerely comparing the two?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

you can also get run over by a crzy driver, does that mean u should never leave ur house?
did not say anything about leaving the house or not, was just answering his question smiley
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

Look, you can screw your mouth around all you like, to me, smoking is morally wrong.
If you love smoking, smoke on. Just dnt question my reason for staying a non-smoker.
I've learned the bad of it and tried to find the good, but cannot.
Abi, do you want to let us know how good it is?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:28am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

Something has gotta kill you eventually.

HR.hotness:

Was gonna ask the same question.

Ruby_Pearl:

Look, you can screw your mouth around all you like, to me, smoking is morally wrong.
If you love smoking, smoke on. Just dnt question my reason for staying a non-smoker.
I've learned the bad of it and tried to find the good, but cannot.
Abi, do you want to let us know how good it is?

The questio is the ethics you talked about. Nobody is trying to convince you to smoke or whatever.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 12:30am On Oct 07, 2008
@topic

Hells no
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by idupaul: 12:30am On Oct 07, 2008
smoking is morally wrong.

so is lying, corruption,fornication,adultery, drunkeness, killing, stealing,cursing etc

@ruby

Hw is smoking even morally wrong?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 12:30am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

I'm just pointing out that there are many things that can kill us but r unavoidable in our daily lives, d argument that smoking kills is rather ridiculous in my book. . . . take a situation where someone who has never smoked develops leukemia and dies befor he is 30, while someone else who has smoked all his life lives till the ripe old age of 85 and dies with a cigarette in his hands. . .   a stronger argument for me wld be that one doesnt like the smell  grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by idupaul: 12:31am On Oct 07, 2008
jennykadri:

@topic

Hells no

Dont say hell no, just thank goodness u did nt fall in love with a smoker.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 07, 2008
*sigh* Like I said, it's unethical.
And common sense should tell any person (that isn't already addicted) that smoking kills.
I minute of pleasure for a life time of chronic cancer. Smoke on!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 12:32am On Oct 07, 2008
smoking has nothin to do with ethics or morals. . .  if u dont like it, say so, afterall it is a free country. . .  quit trying to make out like u r a better person for not doinh so
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 12:34am On Oct 07, 2008
I'm just pointing out that there are many things that can kill us but r unavoidable in our daily lives, d argument that smoking kills is rather ridiculous in my book. . . . take a situation where someone who has never smoked develops leukemia and dies befor he is 30, while someone else who has smoked all his life lives till the ripe old age of 85 and dies with a cigarette in his hands. . .   a stronger argument for me would be that one doesnt like the smel

The % of people who smoke all their lives and end up VERY UNHEALTHY is higher than those who are fine and dandy.

and just because it's possible that a person can die in an accident or whatever, that means you must start killing yourself slowly before that day comes?

Seriously, I'd like to think you people can do better than this.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 12:34am On Oct 07, 2008
idupaul:

don't say hell no, just thank goodness u did nt fall in love with a smoker.

is it everybody u fall inlove wt ,dat u get married to ?
sweetheart falling inlove is quite diff from getting married,i can't marry a man who i will spend a few years wt and then then the rest of my life trying to give him his drugs and staying on his bed side,all for cancer
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

smoking has nothin to do with ethics or morals. . . if u don't like it, say so, afterall it is a free country. . . quit trying to make out like u r a better person for not doinh so
I already said NO times and times again.
A better person? possibly. wink
I mean, there has to be a reason why my friends and family so strongly warned me against smoking.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 12:35am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

And common sense should tell any person (that isn't already addicted) that smoking kills.

would u please elaborate on ur defination of ethics?

KarmaMod:

The % of people who smoke all their lives and end up VERY UNHEALTHY is higher than those who are fine and dandy.

and just because it's possible that a person can die in an accident or whatever, that means you must start killing yourself slowly before that day comes?

Seriously, I'D like to think you people can do better than this.

Mayb i'm suicidal but we all die eventually. .  . I don't see d point in vainly trying to elongate my life, i might as well enjoy myself, who knws I might be dead tomor  grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 07, 2008
@HR
If say you do get married to a smoker, do you plan on having children? smiley
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by bettes(f): 12:36am On Oct 07, 2008
Personally i wouldn't consider getting married to a smoker.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:37am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

I'm just pointing out that there are many things that can kill us but r unavoidable in our daily lives, d argument that smoking kills is rather ridiculous in my book. . . . take a situation where someone who has never smoked develops leukemia and dies befor he is 30, while someone else who has smoked all his life lives till the ripe old age of 85 and dies with a cigarette in his hands. . . a stronger argument for me would be that one doesnt like the smell grin

I concur

Ruby_Pearl:

Smoking kills??
My dear eating kills, driving kills, swimming kills, drinking kills, e.t.c. Name it and it kills. So why isolate one and leave the others.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 12:38am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I already said NO times and times again.
A better person? possibly.  wink
I mean, there has to be a reason why my friends and family so strongly warned me against smoking.

my dear pls dont,im not ready to lose u sad
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

would u please elaborate on ur defination of ethics?
It's what I've been taught. I know what is wrong and what is right.
And smoking is categorized as wrong.

HR.hotness:

I don't see d point in vainly trying to elongate my life,
That's the point.
Well, I really dnt think you have the choice anymore.
Darl, if you can, tell me how long you've been smoking.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 12:40am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

w

Mayb i'm suicidal but we all die eventually. .  . I don't see d point in vainly trying to elongate my life, i might as well enjoy myself, who knws I might be dead tomor  grin

how is one "vainly elongating" their life by avoiding what can destory the cells of the body? Why not smoke crack/inject heroin and look for ways to get Aids, after all why elongate your life for no reason abi?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 12:42am On Oct 07, 2008
ibkaye:

@HR
If say you do get married to a smoker, do you plan on having children? smiley

I do!

i grew up in a house with smokers and for years i didnt understand what it was they always went outside to do. . .  

my philosophy is, its a free world. . . smoking is a personal decison just like choosing a certan brand of drink over another. . .  i respect other ppls decison not to smoke, i do hav a problem when they get in my face for [size=10ptz]MY own decison to smoke with MY own loungs. I really can't stand d holier-than-thou attitude som people take to smoking. fine, u don't want to die, i get it! i am not afraid of dying so let me be!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

Smoking kills??
My dear eating kills, driving kills, swimming kills, drinking kills, e.t.c. Name it and it kills. So why isolate one and leave the others.

Yes smoking kills.
And all those kill.
But smoking does not kill right away, unless you're willing to kill yourself once the doc diagnose you with emphysema, lung cancer, bronchitis etc.
Apart from that, driving is essential, eating is essential, drinking (non alcoholic) is essential, swimming (maybe not so essential unless its done as a career). . . .all this are important part of living.
But how is smoking essential to the body, is it categorized as an exercise or what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Husband Don’t Know How To Handle Me In The Bedroom  / Man With Ripped Abs Causes Confusion On Instagram / Please How Do I Come Out From This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.