Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? (7134 Views)

8 S *x Positions Guys Never EVER Want To Try With You ( Seriously!) / Ladies...would You Date A Guy Who Smokes Weed?? / Would You Break Up With A Boyfriend Who Smokes Marijuana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:26am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

There's a difference between alcoholism and drinking alcohol.

Thank you Osisi. I've been trying to explain this for about an hr now. Maybe he'll listen to you.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by timmfikk(m): 1:26am On Oct 07, 2008
@ Ruby, I wouldn't marry a wife beater.
He's as dangerous to me as a smoker

@plu_queen:
Neither.
A wife beater will kill me,a smoker will kill himself and kill me
Both spell death.

I think all of it is really a bad habit, and how about talking about a man who goes around partying everyday and returning home at the early morning hour all days in the week , Its just sucks i tell you, drinking has limit, smoking also have a limit of its, but i think the best is smoking have more dangerous to drunk
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:26am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

Yes I am. What's the difference between inhaling smoke and sniffing coke? Really what is the difference? The human body sees both are UNWANTED foreign things circulating in the blood. Both also lead to addictions.

So yea unlike your poor comparison before, mine makes sense.

No difference whatsoever.
They both die slowly and deny they have any problems.
The coke snorter at least kills himself but the smoker is also trying to kill me
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 1:27am On Oct 07, 2008
my lion is back,im off

make una continue dey argue who smoke and who no smoke,i will catch up in the morrow grin grin grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 1:28am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

Thank you Osisi. I've been trying to explain this for about an hr now. Maybe he'll listen to you.

Alcoholism = drinking alcohol.
One would easily lead to the other.
U cannot be an alcoholic without taking alcohol.

plus_Queen:

There's a difference between alcoholism and drinking alcohol.

It's the same thing.
4 pints alcohol is enough to impair one's judgement when driving.
Do you know how many people that have died as a result of DUI?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:28am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

Let me rephrase the question.

[size=18pt]What would you do to a spouse who starts smoking after you have been married with kids??[/size]

Divorce??

Does Divorce scare you? Anything wrong with getting a divorce?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 1:28am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

Yes I am. What's the difference between inhaling smoke and sniffing coke? Really what is the difference? The human body sees both are UNWANTED foreign things circulating in the blood. Both also lead to addictions.

So yea unlike your poor comparison before, mine makes sense.

r u for real?  shocked

i can see now u r absolutely clueless . , 

I give up, u win! i am going to sleep, i can see now this all a waste of time

smokers are all spawns of d devil and we all deserve to rot in hell for our immoral and unethical habit! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

good night pple
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 07, 2008
timmfikk:

I think all of it is really a bad habit, and how about talking about a man who goes around partying everyday and returning home at the early morning hour all days in the week , Its just sucks i tell you, drinking has limit, smoking also have a limit of its, but i think the best is smoking have more dangerous to drunk
There's a reason why you spend months or years with a man before marrying him.
No man can pretend for so long.
If during our courting he seems like he has psychological problem, that he'll need cigars to settle himself, then me, I don comot.

Okija_juju:

Let me rephrase the question.

[size=18pt]What would you do to a spouse who starts smoking after you have been married with kids??[/size]

Divorce??
Possibly. I never agreed to marry a smoker, so why should I stay with one?
I cannot love a smoker, so dnt bother preaching love to me
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:30am On Oct 07, 2008
@ Karmamod

Hells no. I aint scared of nothing just wondering if your marriage is worth giving up over cigarettes.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:30am On Oct 07, 2008
jennykadri:

my lion is back,I'm off

make una continue dey argue who smoke and who no smoke,i will catch up in the morrow grin grin grin

I hope that lion is neither a joe six pack  abi 3 cartons  or a walking chimney
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

smokers are all spawns of d devil and we all deserve to rot in hell for our immoral and unethical habit! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
If that's the way you see it. . . .
and it would have helped if you saw smoking as this earlier.
You wouldn't have been heading towards cancer sad
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:32am On Oct 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

Alcoholism = drinking alcohol.
One would easily lead to the other.
U cannot be an alcoholic without taking alcohol.

It's the same thing.
4 pints alcohol is enough to impair one's judgement when driving.
Do you know how many people that have died as a result of DUI?

First off
I don't drink
I sought a man that doesn't drink
I got one.
My standards are high cool

But I know that one glass of wine every now and then will not kill.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 1:33am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

If that's the way you see it. . . .
and it would have helped if you saw smoking as this earlier.
You wouldn't have been heading towards cancer sad

and i repeat; my body, my cancer and aboslutely none of ur business!

cldnt resist. . . now i'm really off  grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 1:34am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

First off
I don't drink
I sought a man that doesn't drink
I got one.
My standards are high cool

If u say so. . . . . . .
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:34am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

i can see now u r absolutely clueless . ,  

I give up, u win! i am going to sleep, i can see now this all a waste of time

smokers are all spawns of d devil and we all deserve to rot in hell for our immoral and unethical habit!

No offence but you are the last person to call anyone clueless, especially me. If anything your contributions have been embarrassing, not to mention the way you write.

and please save the lame sarcastic quip for someone else. No one is calling you 'devil spawn" so spare us the "oh woe is me", point is don't come here crying like some abused child when you are the one questioning people's reasons for not wanting to date/marry a smoker

If you had minded your business jeje and stayed with just "no big deal", all this yada yada wouldnt have happened.

Go cry a river on someone else's shoulder. You keep acting like people are talking about your life. Who cares about your life? Who cares about what you do with it? No one gives a shit. This thread was about personal decisions, you tried to make it about you and here lies the result.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

you betcha it ain't.
Baby doll, I got no money to pay for your carelessness. cool
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:35am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

cldnt resist. . . now i'm really off  grin

when I have to work with you,sit beside you not by design,commute with you and inhale your "cancer" as I walk down the street then there's a problem.
It becomes a social ill.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

when I have to work with you,sit beside you not by design,commute with you and inhale your "cancer" as I walk down the street then there's a problem.
It becomes a social ill.
seriously.
Nasty smelling pigs. . . . I just can't stand the odor.
I feel like am suffocating, I wouldn't be able to breathe angry
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:37am On Oct 07, 2008

This statement reeks of hypocrisy. A glass of wine might just knock him out and he would drive off third mainland bridge. So much for high standards. tongue

cldnt resist. . . now i'm really off

Copy that.

And I am also out. All this arguement has got my nerves frayed. Where's my very good friend Mr. Benson grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:39am On Oct 07, 2008
This nicotine of a thing is more addicting than crack.
Come and see them around hospitals smoking through their tracheostomies.
Cancer patients puffing away through a hole in their necks.
It's disgusting
not even the scare of death can jumpstart their brains into nomalcy
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:39am On Oct 07, 2008
alagolo, I blame you for this rubbish anyway. dont know why you made this thread about the chic.

wo cares if she smokes or gets cancer or whatever. What does it matter. Thread was asking about personal perference and some people felt the need to make it about them. Like they mean anything.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by timmfikk(m): 1:40am On Oct 07, 2008

You're taking this to be more personal than every one of us see it. What you need to know is that there are times which all this things can be useful for just health or weather purpose, but thats only if its really good for you, but when anyone is smoking about 12 stick per day, can you see thats too much, Imagine in Naija you will see those man who are not able to pay the school fee of their children taking about 8-14 bottles of stout daily, thats heck and sucks, they are digging a death trap for their health, and as well teaching their children to continue with the same attitude in future, and this will continue in their Generation
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:40am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

This statement reeks of hypocrisy. A glass of wine might just knock him out and he would drive off third mainland bridge. So much for high standards.  tongue

Im sure knowing he had a glass of wine, he wouldnt go off and drive. Seriously enough with these pathetic excuses.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:41am On Oct 07, 2008
as long as they insist on puffing in open spaces where the rest of society dwells and using the earth as their ashtray,they are our problem.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

alagolo, I blame you for this rubbish anyway. don't know why you made this thread about the chic.

wo cares if she smokes or gets cancer or whatever. What does it matter. Thread was asking about personal perference and some people felt the need to make it about them. Like they mean anything.
I blame myself too jor.
Nonsense. . . . make she smoke her life away.
Comparing a car accident to smoking, tht is just sad sad
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jgirl3: 1:42am On Oct 07, 2008
Marry a guy who smokes? Lai Lai - I cannot stand the smell of it any where in my house not to talk of in my bed. I will not even start with such a person.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by timmfikk(m): 1:43am On Oct 07, 2008
Nairaland Forum | General Discussion | Family | Post reply ( Re: Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman )

I guess this man also need your advice
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:43am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I blame myself too jor.
Nonsense. . . . make she smoke her life away.
Comparing a car accident to smoking, that is just sad sad

when she gets lung cancer that[b] she brought on by her addiction[/b],she loses her job,her health insurance drops her,I pay for her care.
It is my problem.
She is robbing me
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

This nicotine of a thing is more addicting than crack.
Come and see them around hospitals smoking through their tracheostomies.
Cancer patients puffing away through a hole in their necks.
It's disgusting
not even the scare of death can jumpstart their brains into nomalcy
Abi o.
Come arnd the hospital here.
These patient are so addicted.
One man kept asking everyone around the main entrance if they had matches.
Begging like a lil kid. so sick!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:44am On Oct 07, 2008
Lmao dont know who these people think they are fooling.

Everyone knows Nigerians can be such wannabes. Most Nigerians that smoke in other countries do it to seem cool and "rebellious". as in "I'm so cooler than you guys that were told this and that" blah blah.

All that 'calm my nerves" and other nonsense is just cover up for how fake they are.

especially those bloody Nigerian Brits.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:46am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lmao don't know who these people think they are fooling.

Everyone knows Nigerians can be such wannabes. Most Nigerians that smoke in other countries do it to seem cool and "rebellious". as in "I'm so cooler than you guys that were told this and that" blah blah.

All that 'calm my nerves" and other nonsense is just cover up for how fake they are.

especially those bloody Nigerian Brits.

calm which nerves.
we don't have nerves in Nigeria
we are built strong.
grin
if we had nerves, lack of nepa,water and plenty armed robbers would have killed everyone.
we're still doing owanbes and naming ceremonies and people are talking of nerves.
for where?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:47am On Oct 07, 2008
Lmao osisi you are crazy tongue

Seriously these people do it to say "Im not like a typical Nigerian". That's all it is then eventually they get addicted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Cries Profusely, Deletes All Her IG Pics because Of Her Complexion / Before I Start Selling My Body In 2019 Who Wants Me? -- Twitter / BOOB ALERT!! Nigerian Model Goes Completely Naked In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.