Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? (7138 Views)

8 S *x Positions Guys Never EVER Want To Try With You ( Seriously!) / Ladies...would You Date A Guy Who Smokes Weed?? / Would You Break Up With A Boyfriend Who Smokes Marijuana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jgirl3: 2:38am On Oct 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

I don't smoke. . . . . . .Just making a case for them.

Sex is worse than smoking.
Smoking affects smokers and other people but think about what unprotected sex can cause.
Abortion, veneral diseases and the HIV. . . . .  grin cheesy
Why are you making a case for something that could potentially kill you.
Go and marry a smoker and then tell us the result of your health in the next 20 years.

Sex is better than smoking by far!
You can still protect the effects of sex by using CDs and birth control pills.
You can't protect the effects of smoking with anything.

Besides sex is much more pleasurable than perceiving that useless odour.  cheesy cheesy

P.S: You're trying to get into HR's undies? oh my gosh. . . where has your game gone to? grin grin grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 2:39am On Oct 07, 2008
Secondhand smoke, also know as environmental tobacco smoke (ETS), is a mixture of the smoke given off by the burning end of a cigarette, pipe or cigar and the smoke exhaled from the lungs of smokers. It is involuntarily inhaled by nonsmokers, lingers in the air hours after cigarettes have been extinguished and can cause or exacerbate a wide range of adverse health effects, including cancer, respiratory infections, and asthma.1

Secondhand smoke has been classified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a known cause of cancer in humans (Group A carcinogen).2

Secondhand smoke exposure causes disease and premature death in children and adults who do not smoke. Secondhand smoke contains hundreds of chemicals known to be toxic or carcinogenic, including formaldehyde, benzene, vinyl chloride, arsenic ammonia and hydrogen cyanide.3

Secondhand smoke causes approximately 3,400 lung cancer deaths and 22,700-69,600 heart disease deaths in adult nonsmokers in the United States each year.4

Nonsmokers exposed to secondhand smoke at work are at increased risk for adverse health effects. Levels of secondhand smoke in restaurants and bars were found to be 2 to 5 times higher than in residences with smokers and 2 to 6 times higher than in office workplaces.5

Since 1999, 70 percent of the U.S. workforce worked under a smoke-free policy, ranging from 83.9 percent in Utah to 48.7 percent in Nevada.6   Workplace productivity was increased and absenteeism was decreased among former smokers compared with current smokers.7

Nineteen states - Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Washington and Vermont - as well as the District of Columbia prohibit smoking in almost all public places and workplaces, including restaurants and bars. Montana and Utah prohibit smoking in most public places and workplaces, including restaurants; bars will go smokefree in 2009. New Hampshire prohibits smoking in some public places, including all restaurants and bars. Four states - Florida, Idaho, Louisiana and Nevada - prohibit smoking in most public places and workplaces, including restaurants, but exempt stand-alone bars. Fifteen states partially or totally prevent (preempt) local communities from passing smokefree air ordinances stronger than the statewide law. Nebraska and Oregon have passed legislation prohibiting smoking in almost all public places and workplaces, including restaurants and bars, but the laws have not taken effect yet.8

Secondhand smoke is especially harmful to young children. Secondhand smoke is responsible for between 150,000 and 300,000 lower respiratory tract infections in infants and children under 18 months of age, resulting in between 7,500 and 15,000 hospitalizations each year, and causes 430 sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) deaths in the United States annually.9

Secondhand smoke exposure may cause buildup of fluid in the middle ear, resulting in 790,000 physician office visits per year.10  Secondhand smoke can also aggravate symptoms in 400,000 to 1,000,000 children with asthma.11

In the United States, 21 million, or 35 percent of, children live in homes where residents or visitors smoke in the home on a regular basis.12   Approximately 50-75 percent of children in the United States have detectable levels of cotinine, the breakdown product of nicotine in the blood.13

Research indicates that private research conducted by cigarette company Philip Morris in the 1980s showed that secondhand smoke was highly toxic, yet the company suppressed the finding during the next two decades.14

The current Surgeon General’s Report concluded that scientific evidence indicates that there is no risk-free level of exposure to secondhand smoke. Short exposures to secondhand smoke can cause blood platelets to become stickier, damage the lining of blood vessels, decrease coronary flow velocity reserves, and reduce heart rate variability, potentially increasing the risk of heart attack.15
http://www.lungusa.org/site/c.dvLUK9O0E/b.35422/
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 2:42am On Oct 07, 2008
A real menace to soceity.
Don't want it on my bed either
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 2:44am On Oct 07, 2008
j-girl:

Why are you making a case for something that could potentially kill you.
Go and marry a smoker and then tell us the result of your health in the next 20 years.

I can't date a smoker let alone marry one.
All i am saying is they are not the real McCoy as far as threat to mankind is concerned.
Malaria kills more than tobacco in Africa.
Go and address that.

Sex is better than smoking by far!
You can still protect the effects of sex by using CDs and birth control pills.

You can't protect the effects of smoking with anything.

It's not that simple.

Besides sex is much more pleasurable than perceiving that useless odour.  cheesy cheesy

Some people's sex smell worse than tobacco.

P.S: You're trying to get into HR's undies? oh my gosh. . . where has your game gone to? grin grin grin

Oniranu!!!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by timmfikk(m): 2:45am On Oct 07, 2008
@ Sauron, ^ I will be happy to get your point from the view you are looking at it, are you trying to convince everyone that smoking is okay or what
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jgirl3: 2:47am On Oct 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

I can't date a smoker let alone marry one.
All i am saying is they are not the real McCoy as far as threat to mankind is concerned.
Malaria kills more than tobacco in Africa.
Go and address that.

It's not that simple.

Some people's sex smell worse than tobacco.

Oniranu!!!
Mo ma rogo ke!
If you cannot date or marry a smoker, why are you attacking me for saying the exact same thing?
There is nothing wrong with a smoker shey? Why can't you date a smoker then?
They are threats to new born babies and innocent bystanders. If they wanna kill themselves, let them do so but they are putting more ppl in danger than just themselves

Sex is easier to control than second hand tobacco smoke.

About the smell of sex - ewwwwwwwwww, thanks for putting that image in my head.

Oniranu oshi wo?. Is it not you that's trying to get into someone's undies? Who's the oniiranu now? grin grin grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 2:48am On Oct 07, 2008
timmfikk:

@ Sauron, ^ I will be happy to get your point from the view you are looking at it, are you trying to convince everyone that smoking is okay or what

he has no point as usual
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 2:51am On Oct 07, 2008
timmfikk:

Ma point of view is simple!!!
I cannot marry a smoker neither do i condemn them.
Smoking is okay for the people that smoke tobacco. Who are we to say they are wrong for doing it.
The law permits it so whatz the problem?

plus_Queen:

he has no point as usual

The more u look the less you see.

@ J-gurl,

I cannot marry one but i don't condemn their actions. . . . .
Simply put, i understand why they do it.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jgirl3: 2:53am On Oct 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

@ J-gurl,

I cannot marry one but i don't condemn their actions. . . . .
Simply put, i understand why they do it.
Okay o!
I understand why they shouldn't do it and I cannot marry one.
Simple!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by TOYOSI20(f): 2:56am On Oct 07, 2008
@ Topic,

A smoker, pls. . . . . . shocked

Can't marry one, don't think I can even hang out wid a smoker. . . . . .
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 2:59am On Oct 07, 2008
j-girl:

Okay o!
I understand why they shouldn't do it and I cannot marry one.
Simple!

Noted!!!!

I can't marry a smoker. The issue of 2nd hand smoking is HUGE.
It would be unfair for me to die of what i didn't enjoy.
Let smokers marry one another.
Happy Cigarette Life!!! grin cheesy
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jgirl3: 3:02am On Oct 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

Noted!!!!

I can't marry a smoker. The issue of 2nd hand smoking is HUGE.
It would be unfair for me to die of what i didn't enjoy.
Let smokers marry one another.
Happy Cigarette Life!!! grin cheesy
Don't condemn them yet o!
You should be able to die for love and all.
If your Ms. Right smokes, there's nothing wrong with smoking so why bother?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by timmfikk(m): 3:11am On Oct 07, 2008
Ma point of view is simple!!!
I cannot marry a smoker neither do i condemn them.
Smoking is okay for the people that smoke tobacco. Who are we to say they are wrong for doing it.
The law permits it so whatz the problem?

Alright i do understand you right now, but i also want you to know if the law is not against their action, is the law going be the one who will suffer the consequence and also you and i know very well that smoking enable many people to die at a younger age, i do not said they can smoke either so far he/she is not close to me neither my home we dont have anything to say so much but if we want to be our brothers keeper like God said we should be, let call a spade a spade and let us all put our mind together and tell the person who's guilty of smoking to limit it, Like i said earlier i know guys who smoke once or twice within two weeks, its not that they are smoking just like that but they have passion for doing it and you can see that's a bit normal, the worse part of it is the 12-16 year old guys of today count smoking to be  the best way of proving they are getting to the adult stage, makes me feel so bad when i see them anytime and inshort to be sincere with you I hate any person who have two of his Finger behind a stick in his mouth more than Satan
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 3:14am On Oct 07, 2008
timmfikk:

Alright i do understand you right now, but i also want you to know if the law is not against their action, is the law going be the one who will suffer the consequence and also you and i know very well that smoking enable many people to die at a younger age, i do not said they can smoke either so far he/she is not close to me neither my home we don't have anything to say so much but if we want to be our brothers keeper like God said we should be, let call a spade a spade and let us all put our mind together and tell the person who's guilty of smoking to limit it, Like i said earlier i know guys who smoke once or twice within two weeks, its not that they are smoking just like that but they have passion for doing it and you can see that's a bit normal, the worse part of it is the 12-16 year old guys of today count smoking to be  the best way of proving they are getting to the adult stage, makes me feel so bad when i see them anytime and inshort to be sincere with you I hate any person who have two of his Finger behind a stick in his mouth more than Satan

Don't u think there are more potential threats to mankind than tobacco smoking. . . . .

Lets learn to be tolerant!!!!
Smoking is bad just as gluttony, excessive drinking, whoring, womanising and so on and so forth.
Do u hate obese people or womanisers than Satan too??
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by dayokanu(m): 3:16am On Oct 07, 2008
Everything Kills not only smoking. Cocacola or Pepsi kills ask someone who had diabetes. Sex kills. I have seen smokers who lived to the age of 90 and above the former King of Lagos and former Labour leader Pa Imodu were heavy smokers and they lived till close to 100years.

Not ethical? According to whom. Go to any organsation(Not Churches) Most top executives smoke so what is ethical and what is not?

Smoking does not mean anything and its no different from drinking and other vices
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 07, 2008
Please, can a modey block this thread?
Ppl just can't embarrass themselves better than this.
aiye le!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 3:25am On Oct 07, 2008
dayokanu:

Everything Kills not only smoking. Cocacola or Pepsi kills ask someone who had diabetes. Sex kills. I have seen smokers who lived to the age of 90 and above the former King of Lagos and former Labour leader Pa Imodu were heavy smokers and they lived till close to 100years.

Not ethical? According to whom. Go to any organsation(Not Churches) Most top executives smoke so what is ethical and what is not?

Smoking does not mean anything and its no different from drinking and other vices

as long as I can be an unwilling partaker in your smoking ,I shall campaign against public smoking
when you drink coke and pepsi, ( since to you it's in the same category as smoking) you're not forcing me to drink with you
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 3:26am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

as long as I can be an unwilling partaker in your smoking ,I shall campaign against public smoking
when you drink coke and pepsi,you're not forcing me to drink with you

Not if u have a long throat grin cheesy
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by timmfikk(m): 3:27am On Oct 07, 2008
Yes Aiye Le OOO

I just want you to know that tobacco, smoking, and more are much more dangerous to health, if ur careful with womanising its a bit better than smoking, but all whats you have counted above have their own positive and negative, I said it earlier that a friend smoke twice in a month or there about and you can see someone else smoking almost a carton under 12 hours, they are all smokers but it has pattern of doing it, the guy started smoking when he join clubbing stuff and that, he was unable to say no when friends introduce it to him,, but at the same time he know in his inner mind that its really not the best thing if you want us to talk on womanising and all that get a thread for it, right now,, we are talking and deliverating on smoking lets just make it known that smoke/smoking is not 40% okay, dayo you mention names, you and i know that shango is not powerful to those people you mention before. let me not go further on that if i tell you  much about ur past presido u go just bow upon sey him know be smoker
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 07, 2008
dayokanu:

No, duh. Of course everything kills.
That does not certify one to indulge in smoking.
esp. when it can endanger innocent people.
Drinking is not better. You drink, get drunk, get into a car, not caring who or how many people is on your victim list. Or even if the woman or man has a family awaiting his/her return. Sad is it not.
Life is hard and painful, why fuel the pain by smoking?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 3:29am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Please, can a modey block this thread?
people just can't embarrass themselves better than this.
aiye le!

lol
they said eating garri can kill
have we heard of passive eba deaths?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by dayokanu(m): 3:31am On Oct 07, 2008
People who kiss at the train station and by the road side nko? What of women who show some legs they are also bad to the environment. they can cause emotional wahala Or even accidents.

Leave smokers alone they have not done anything wrong.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 3:31am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

lol
thery said eating garri can kill
have we heard of passive eba deaths?

Of course.

If the cassava is not processed properly, there's cyanide in it.
Anyone who eats out of the Eba dies without even knowing what he walked into.
People die everyday. Smoking is not the number one MAN KILLER.
Try Mosquitoes. cheesy
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 07, 2008
timmfikk:

Yes Aiye Le OOO

I just want you to know that tobacco, smoking, and more are much more dangerous to health, if ur careful with womanising its a bit better than smoking, but all whats you have counted above have their own positive and negative, I said it earlier that a friend smoke twice in a month or there about and you can see someone else smoking almost a carton under 12 hours, they are all smokers but it has pattern of doing it, the guy started smoking when he join clubbing stuff and that, he was unable to say no when friends introduce it to him,, but at the same time he know in his inner mind that its really not the best thing if you want us to talk on womanising and all that get a thread for it, right now,, we are talking and deliverating on smoking lets just make it known that smoke/smoking is not 40% okay, dayo you mention names, you and i know that shango is not powerful to those people you mention before. let me not go further on that if i tell you much about ur past presido u go just bow upon sey him know be smoker
Do yourself a favor and slap yourself hard b4 I do it for you tongue
Pattern or no pattern, stop increasing how insurance bills, stop killing innocent ppl, stop killing my nose with your stench. Just stop it! oh yea, you can't. yOU'RE ADDICTED sad
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 07, 2008
dayokanu:

People who kiss at the train station and by the road side nko? What of women who show some legs they are also bad to the environment. they can cause emotional wahala Or even accidents.

Leave smokers alone they have not done anything wrong.
Ah, oga, lenu e nan?

Omg!! I cannot believe that me kissing my man is killing someone 5ft away grin grin

Btw, one minute kissing burns 26 calories. Get your facts str8 grin grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by dayokanu(m): 3:36am On Oct 07, 2008
@Ruby,

Do you know how many accidents you've cause by your "innocent" public Kissing?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 07, 2008
dayokanu:

@Ruby,

Do you know how many accidents you've cause by your "innocent" public Kissing?
Do you know how many [b]more [/b]accidents you've caused by lightening a cigarette?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 3:38am On Oct 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

Of course.

If the cassava is not processed properly, there's cyanide in it.
Anyone who eats out of the Eba dies without even knowing what he walked into.
People die everyday. Smoking is not the number one MAN KILLER.
Try Mosquitoes. cheesy

at least he ate the eba and enjoyed it.
his eating tainted eba will not kill his neighbor
catch my drift?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 3:40am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

at least he ate the eba and enjoyed it.
his eating tainted eba will not kill his neighbor
catch my drift?

I catch it. wink
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by timmfikk(m): 3:41am On Oct 07, 2008
Do you know how many more accident you've caused by lightening a cigarette?

When ever i see a smoker beside me i feel like shutting him/her
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 07, 2008
Innocent public kissing is now a cause for alarm as smoking is? Hehehe cheesy
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 07, 2008
stillwater:

Innocent public kissing is now a cause for alarm as smoking is? Hehehe cheesy
No mind am.

timmfikk:

When ever i see a smoker beside me i feel like shutting him/her
unfortunately, the law requires us to tolerate them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Really Feel For This Girl (screen Shot) / Woman Has 6 Ribs Removed To Look Like Cartoon Character (PICS) / A Female Student Of 16yrs And A Male Teacher Of 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.