Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage (2918 Views)

US Gay Marriage: Robert Mugabe Asks Obama's Hand In Marriage / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / Argentina, Uruguay And Brazil Recognize Palestine As State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by GSKing: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
The world’s top level of government will now give equal benefits and recognition to its workers who are in same-sex relationships who have legally wed.

The United Nations has announced that it will extend equal benefits to its employees who have entered into same-sex unions in jurisdictions where they are legal.
Under the new policy staff who have married a same-sex spouse in a jurisdiction will receive the same benefits and recognition as those in heterosexual marriages regardless of whether same-sex marriage is legal in their country of citizenship.

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon made the policy announcement yesterday, saying 'equality begins at home'.
'Human rights are at the core of the mission of the United Nations,' he said.
'I am proud to stand for greater equality for all staff, and I call on all members of our UN family to unite in rejecting homophobia as discrimination that can never be tolerated at our workplace.'

The United Nations LGBTI employee group UN-GLOBE welcomed the policy change, saying they hoped it will be recognized throughout the many arms and programs.
'With this new policy in place at the UN, I believe that the entire UN system will follow suit, if history is any guide. And if any agency, fund or programme still refuses to change, we will make sure they hear from us,' UN-GLOBE president Hyung Hak Nam said.
'This includes the UNJSPF, our pension fund. In fact, with this new policy in place at the UN, it is my hope that the pension fund will be under a lot of pressure to change its discriminatory policies towards staff. And we will be front and center advocating for change.'

However he said there was much more work to be done before all LGBTI UN employees were treated equally in all aspects of their relationship with their employer.
'We have to address homophobia and transphobia in the workplace,' he said.
'We have to make sure staff members' sons and daughters - our families, not only our partners - are recognized.'

www.gaystarnews.com/article/united-nations-will-now-recognize-gay-marriage040714

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by lonngmann(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
End time things!

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
lonngmann: End time things!

Yea. You should be happy then, since this means you'll be speedily on your way to paradise..right?

Or better still, kill yourself to speed it up!

4 Likes

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
Thank You, UN!!!

It's high time i start looking at relocating outta here. Damned country can't even protect its other citizens, not to now talk of the gay ones.

4 Likes

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by beryl04(m): 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
masonkz:

Yea. You should be happy then, since this means you'll be speedily on your way to paradise..right?

Abeg no kee mi wit laff grin.

2 Likes

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by beryl04(m): 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
masonkz: Thank You, UN!!!

It's high time i start looking at relocating outta here. Damned country can't even protect its other citizens, not to now talk of the gay ones.

Omo na to commot here sure pass!
But opportunity yapaa for dis place sha,
Dayuuum
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by NairaMinted: 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
.......To recognize gay marriages and then demonize those countries that do not.... Buckle up for the ride..

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
beryl04:

Omo na to commot here sure pass!
But opportunity yapaa for dis place sha,
Dayuuum

Lol. True.
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by CyrusLevi(m): 11:34pm On Jul 04, 2014

If I hear,you say Nigeria and protect again.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by lonngmann(m): 4:00am On Jul 05, 2014
masonkz:

I am not in a hurry.. cheesy
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by GSKing: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2014

Lol, where dyu think you're going leaving everyone else?

*drags him by the tail and ties him up to the Nigerian map* cheesy

NairaMinted: .......To recognize gay marriages and then demonize those countries that do not.... Buckle up for the ride..

No part of the post talked about demonizing any country. The joy you (as a smaller authority) deprive your subjects would be granted them (by the supreme authority) with no holds barred. Life just continues.

lonngmann: I am not in a hurry.. cheesy

You should be. Ask god to take your life lest you be contaminated with the sins of this world. Except you're scared everything you believe is false undecided

2 Likes

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by beryl04(m): 11:02am On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

Lol, where dyu think you're going leaving everyone else?

*drags him by the tail and ties him up to the Nigerian map* cheesy

No part of the post talked about demonizing any country. The joy you (as a smaller authority) deprive your subjects would be granted them (by the supreme authority) with no holds barred. Life just continues.

You should be. Ask god to take your life lest you be contaminated with the sins of this world. Except you're scared everything you believe is false undecided

Classic Gsking!
Am feeling u sis,
Happy weekend to y'all-plus including but not limited to masonkz,cyrus Levi ,goshap and so on and so on!

Ps:am caving in to pressure, going to marry a wife next week.wish me luck.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by GSKing: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
beryl04:

Classic Gsking!
Am feeling u sis,
Happy weekend to y'all-plus including but not limited to masonkz,cyrus Levi ,goshap and so on and so on!

I wish you too a fulfilled weekend.

@bolded, your joke isn't funny, well, goodluck if its really true. *sad face*
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by CyrusLevi(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
beryl04:

Classic Gsking!
Am feeling u sis,

Marry a wife,make her happy and thou shalt not keep other companies.
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by GSKing: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
Cyrus Levi: Marry a wife,make her happy and thou shalt not keep other companies.

Why would you tell him that? He's gay for pete's sake!

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

Lol. It's his choice GSKing, and as much as we try, that is the reality of MOST gay men in Nigeria.

The society has left us with no much choice, especially you've decided to live in Nigeria all your life.

The people that end up suffering indirectly are the women. cos there is absolutely no way a gay man won't wanna be with another guy at a point in time during the marriage.

If only women knew about all these, then they, in turn, will definitely support gay rights in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
beryl04:

Classic Gsking!
Am feeling u sis,

Thank bro. Happy weekend to you too, and if what you said about getting married is true, then I wish you all the best.

Be happy, and make her happy too.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by GSKing: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
masonkz:

Lol. It's his choice GSKing, and as much as we try, that is the reality of MOST gay men in Nigeria.

The society has left us with no much choice, especially you've decided to live in Nigeria all your life.

The people that end up suffering indirectly are the women. cos there is absolutely no way a gay man won't wanna be with another guy at a point in time during the marriage.

If only women knew about all these, then they, in turn, will definitely support gay rights in Nigeria.

Am I the only one here with a stone cold heart? Am I the only one here that have chosen not to get married to whoever I can't be with? This is one sad news I can't wrap my head around.

Well, the cycle never ends

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by doncaster(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
This place looks where they are having gay parade only that the flag is missing.
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by CyrusLevi(m): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

His decision,my opinion-He's gay.

Wife-No.But if he does,then he should stay with that vow-I Do and forget any affair with a man.

I don't know how this shiit works but goodluck to whoever aims at it.
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

Am I the only one here with a stone cold heart? Am I the only one here that have chosen not to get married to whoever I can't be with? This is one sad news I can't wrap my head around.

Well, the cycle never ends

I'd rather opt to not be married at all.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by GSKing: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
masonkz:

I'd rather opt to not be married at all.

Same with me bro, except there's a cogent reason why my woman really needs the cettificate/document, if not, I'm satisfied with cohabitation.
Marriage is over-rated to me.

2 Likes

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by beryl04(m): 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
Well,@all I must say thanks for all ur concerns.
It is a well known fact that here in nigeria once u get to a certain age everyone including ur enemies starts fretting about an other half.it is something we as Africans and indeed nigerians will never wish away at least not now.
Well,I'm of that age now and am beginning to look to all that knows me, even d gays once that have gotten married as one nut job.
In the world of the married gay nigerians is always 'play d game' and sorry that's what am gonna do!
Yes I understand ur fears about making her happy and all that but am gonna make my own happiness the precursor of the relationship.guys ,please am gay and am not going to die in silence just because d society says so ,rather I'll play along, shikena!

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
beryl04: Well,@all I must say thanks for all ur concerns.
It is a well known fact that here in nigeria once u get to a certain age everyone including ur enemies starts fretting about an other half.it is something we as Africans and indeed nigerians will never wish away at least not now.
Well,I'm of that age now and am beginning to look to all that knows me, even d gays once that have gotten married as one nut job.
In the world of the married gay nigerians is always 'play d game' and sorry that's what am gonna do!
Yes I understand ur fears about making her happy and all that but am gonna make my own happiness the precursor of the relationship .guys ,please am gay and am not going to die in silence just because d society says so ,rather I'll play along, shikena!

Lol this is really serious.

And sadly, THIS is the reality.

Abeg I wan come chop rice angry angry
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by beryl04(m): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
masonkz:

Lol this is really serious.

And sadly, THIS is the reality.

Abeg I wan come chop rice angry angry

If u can come east of d Niger river ,u'll be much welcomed!
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by GSKing: 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
beryl04:

If u can come east of d Niger river ,u'll be much welcomed!

Me nko? Its beans I want! Happy Matrimony in advance smiley

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by beryl04(m): 11:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

Me nko? Its beans I want! Happy Matrimony in advance smiley

Of course ur invited too sis,what a great day it'll be to have u guys around,but truth be told am going into this filled with spite and venom but like we always do,I 'll pretend am happy and I'll try to make a good show of it and u might get ur beans or even ukwa if u like it ,as to making a good husband,well,I can guarantee that!

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by GSKing: 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
beryl04:

Of course ur invited too sis,what a great day it'll be to have u guys around,but truth be told am going into this filled with spite and venom but like we always do,I 'll pretend am happy and I'll try to make a good show of it and u might get ur beans or even ukwa if u like it ,as to making a good husband,well,I can guarantee that!

cheesy

lol, just play it safe and be good to yourself and your intended. I wish you happiness and longlifekiss
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by beryl04(m): 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

cheesy

lol, just play it safe and be good to yourself and your intended. I wish you happiness and longlifekiss

Thanks sis.my happiness, am sorry will always come first.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by CyrusLevi(m): 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
For a second,it felt like a joke,ds is true,wow.

What else than to say Goodluck with life.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by GSKing: 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
beryl04:

Thanks sis.my happiness, am sorry will always come first.

Dude! Lolssss, okay thengrin
Re: United Nations Will Now Recognize Gay Marriage by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
masonkz:

priceless!.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is New Book About Transgenders Named After Michelle Obama? / Israel's Newest War Machines / Us Drone Killed Gaddafi? - Says Russian Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.