Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court (58488 Views)

Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC / First Degree And Masters Opportunity In The Usa- No Sat I, Sat Ii, Toefl Or Gre / Is Futy"s 2008/2009 Admission List into first degree programs out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 3:57am On Jul 07, 2014
Acidosis:
Yes dear,

But Nigerians do not value technology, we prefer those who make too much theoretical noise without impact. sad
You said it all, How can we progress when everybody wants to work in an office, see china, see india, pure practicals right from their tender age. The truth is, no much office job in Nigeria again, it's what you can do with your hands (practical) and brain. I remember when I was working at Pz ikorodu, I just finished my ssce, I met this 2nd class graduate of benin, he was doing the same work with me an SSce holder then. Chai, Nigeria don spoil sha
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:02am On Jul 07, 2014
PocketEconomist: You are a yabatech student?
Yes
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:09am On Jul 07, 2014
sparkleboy:
its not about the Quantity, rather its about the Quality. .... Sorry
Ok I agree, no profs in polytechnics but I want to ask, if a professor lectures me, will it make me know the course more or what?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 07, 2014
guiddoti: bros, Which practical? When poly are calling for funding too. We should stop fooling ourselves.
You haven't entered a polytechnic before
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:13am On Jul 07, 2014
electropiz: lame point here
Weselion: Ok I agree, no profs in polytechnics but I want to ask, if a professor lectures me, will it make me know the course more or what?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by datkoded(m): 4:13am On Jul 07, 2014
akpur1: Poly this uni dat. Ave been 2both there is more work there than the universities. You can never compare Fed poly auchi to uniport,unilag,unical,delsu,convenat,bells,landmark,Rsust,AAU etc. Cos federal poly auchi is second best tetiary institution in Nigeria and best polytechnic in Africa. Where were universities?
Lol...... auchi and unilag?? You talk dis one sha
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by datkoded(m): 4:14am On Jul 07, 2014
Weselion: Ok I agree, no profs in polytechnics but I want to ask, if a professor lectures me, will it make me know the course more or what?
Yes.... next question please.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 07, 2014
datkoded:
Yes.... next question please.
Lol, and I've written test for some unilag students oo, 5k per head. Infact it's one trending biz in yabatech, just try to read on course very well, make your self a little bit popular in school by taking tutorials on the course you've read, when unilag start test, you must see at least 5k. Abeg Unilag no crucify mee oo, na una near us pass and I'm just saying the truth.

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by oleeee(m): 4:23am On Jul 07, 2014
d cutoff mark is part of d discrimination,,,,I got 3 elder brother nd dey r all in uni,,I m d only one at poly,to xtent dat d discrimination has get into family,,,lols
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Yungmilio2(m): 4:55am On Jul 07, 2014
They have discriminated HND sotey ND result be like Waec...
Poly now filled up with Illiterate Graduates
you can compare them before but now I don't think so
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Olril18(m): 5:24am On Jul 07, 2014
Weselion: Lol, and I've written test for some unilag students oo, 5k per head. Infact it's one trending biz in yabatech, just try to read on course very well, make your self a little bit popular in school by taking tutorials on the course you've read, when unilag start test, you must see at least 5k. Abeg Unilag no crucify mee oo, na una near us pass and I'm just saying the truth.
why are u Being daf.t and stupi.d...so becos u are teaching unilag students,thats how it is evererywhere,and how does that make hnd equal first degree certificate.....u are arguing like someone who has huge inferiority complex....

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Fimmy(m): 5:32am On Jul 07, 2014
I don't understand these poly folks.. What are you guys trying to say.. That you are on the same level with us... HELL NO... Maybe some other Unis don't do much.. But not my Great Ife... I am 100percent sure MOST poly graduates can't compete with MOST graduate from OAU.. (Not All,we get some olodo sef).. Its normal in Nigeria,everyone always feels his/her course/school(either poly or Uni) is the toughest..poly graduates and uni graduates aren't the same.. If u like call Fela come make he con help una scream.. We still no be mate..
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Onyefoto: 5:38am On Jul 07, 2014
thegreatman4ww:

I strongly believe an educated reasonable fellow who don't waste their time and money shld not make further aurguement after these two posts.
Polytechnic should never be scrapped, the problem we have with our poly students is that many if them went to poly because they were unable to met the requirements of studying at Universities and not because the chose to.

Moreover the policy on education is very clear on this that is y poly and other technical colleges were not recognized in the Nigerian educational system (6-3-3-4), they were established to provide TVE (Technical and Vocational Education) to produce low and mid-level manpower for the society acceptable nationwide while Universities were established to provide high level managerial education to the society acceptable universally.
But because our defective educational system that had and still producing defective graduates do not allow clear different between the two and this was eventually led to some our leaders and same like citizen calling for equality of University (universal) and Polytechnic (local/national) products.
Only an uneducated literate will be calling for their equality.
smh....university dis,university dat,just look at ur expression.lol

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by kishimi8(m): 5:47am On Jul 07, 2014
Please make una no vex I get question .what does "''D" in HND mean degree Or diploma?
Even in foreign countries the two are not the same. Or can someone with a diploma go for MSC outside this country?

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by tenry(m): 5:52am On Jul 07, 2014
Sodiq3:

lol...Kul..did most of These things in my 100L except 4 d last question which we did in mcom206(news writing and reporting).. if i decide to put pen on paper , i can beat 50 if it's over 60.
Which university offers theories of mass communication in 100level? It is a 300l course,most universities I knw offer Theories in 300l. They might have introduced some theories to u in 200l in d process of teaching some courses like media and politics, development journalism. However, theories of communication as a course comes later in 300l. Whc uni are you? Just asking anyways...

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by olojuede01: 6:35am On Jul 07, 2014
kishimi8: Please make una no vex I get question .what does "''D" in HND mean degree Or diploma?
Even in foreign countries the two are not the same. Or can someone with a diploma go for MSC outside this country?
Yes sir it is possible.... Most schools in the UK accept HND for Msc and MBA!!!
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by tanidabi: 6:42am On Jul 07, 2014
It was not d govt dt started discrination it was private organisations and they also capitalise on the job situation in nigeria I have been on both sides of the coin I have an hnd from yabatech nd a bsc from one very useless university like dat yabatech was a lot better but most of us dat did d bsc den had masters and ican so we just needed the bsc nd am glad I did cos I won't be working where I am now without the bsc even if dis mata is resolved at the court I do not see any diff it will make cos we no get labour law for naija so hnd holders don't bother to wait for govt o do what u have to do some private universities even take hnd holders now for direct entry a friend of mine with an hnd and aca with loads of work experience lost his job one time like dat he went to babcock for a bsc nd I think he's beta for it now cos he got three big jobs at the same time unfortunately we are a certificate driven country

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by jolamos01(m): 6:53am On Jul 07, 2014
It is not my ultimate interest, since there are huge blessings on my HND Certificate.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by alstacs(m): 7:04am On Jul 07, 2014
Weselion: School is School whether profs or no profs. After all, polytechnic students stay longer in school.

Even teachers college, NCE and technical colleges also schools......
Some spend up to 5 years in school, why can't they be equivalent to the university.... After all school na school
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 07, 2014
FrancisTony:

It's now called a University.

FUPRE- Federal University of Petroleum Effurun.
PTI is totally different from fupre. they are two separate institutions but in the same lga
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by keylaz: 7:21am On Jul 07, 2014
This nonsense can only happen in nigeria... Very soon primary schools will want there degree equal to secondary school... U cut and join ( OND/ HND) and still want 2 be equal!!! . I laff in greeks
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by KMJY(f): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2014
What's this guy spewing now?! When we were buying textbooks at the rate of #2,000/2,500 in my school and poly students were buying handouts #300/400, you're here telling us that there's no difference! You guys buy it at dat rate nt because the textbooks actually worth that amount but it's because you are under the tutelage of xploitative socalled professors who are bent on intimidating & threatining their vulnerable students whose desires are to just get the cert. and move.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Fimmy(m): 7:40am On Jul 07, 2014
Are you guys trying to compare Uni Professors to the lecturer in polys.. I don't think there is much difference... Poly graduates are the foot solders, while Uni graduates are the Generals..
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by leppyj(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2014
profjendor: . Bros chill, do u knw under the federal civil service, b.sc, B.pharm, Mbbs...are on level 8, 10 and 12 respectively with different salary scales, dis makes it possible for the mbbs and B.pharm to rise fast up the ladder to bin a director.......this is to show u that everything dat is arranged is done based on the perceived value and usefulness of the certificate under their codes. All dis 3 diff degrees are all university first degrees, why didn't the B.sc nd even the B.pharm be pained and go to court to correct this percieved anomaly ? This can only cause chaos and at the tail end of it nothing is gonna be resolved.

HND in civil service is level 8 step 1, Bsc is level 8 step 2. Bpharm and MBBS are both professional courses dats y they have higher grade level. other professionals like Chartered accountants(irrespective of HND or Bsc) are on level 10,lawyers level 9,engineers,level 9( irrespective of Bsc or HND).
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by donodion(m): 7:54am On Jul 07, 2014
but seriously...whats wrong in coverting polytechnics to Unis of Tech and convert their cert awards to BTechs.?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by olamee17(f): 7:57am On Jul 07, 2014
Excelboi: Majority? You have no case, seems you don't know what you're saying. Poly students, sorry HND cert can never be parallel to degree. Harsh but true talk.
what is d truth in ur post, what will happen if both are bn rated as d same?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by leppyj(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2014
seuner: It is pitiful that this matter over superiority of certificate is still being discussed...Poly vs Uni...some of you have tried to score points, by constructively criticising the polytechnic. Kudos to u,..you said d polytechnic does not have a professor (right), d polytechnic does not teach well (Yes), d polytechnic admission is always an option after university admission has failed (many of us were victim); some even quoted d polytechnic as being an academic institution that accept 'cheap' JAMB scores (i was admitted into d polytechnic with 163) , you said polytechnic graduates speaks a pidgin-like english or gramatical blundered english (yes, our GNS lectures are less, compare to our reputable queenish english speaking university graduate)....some even called us technical illiterates (i concur to this, though my technicality has lured me to greatness....this same technicality made me to train 2 '400 level' student of civil engineering from OAU and LAUTECH b4 my youth service)......Can i ask our university graduate these questions ; Did Dangote learn biz @ d university? Who knows Otedola qualification? Does bill gate need to be taught by a professor b4 he started MICROSOFT? what about steve jobs? Oga Oluwaseun Osewa dropped out (not for academic purpose) of the ever noisy 'great Ife' & open nairaland, even your professors and vc's logged in often on his platform. oga seun, u ve not told them abi? uhn, there is God ooo, was madam patience not a graduate of UNIPORT? what about oga @ d top?na wa o... Uni grad. are really getting the most likes on YOUTUBE for gramatical blunders

so, my ogas at the university, whats d rumbling about? Just find your purpose, carry it out and put an uncontrollable smile in the face of many.....and not bragging when u can only offer nothing

I doff my hat boss!
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by quiestla: 8:02am On Jul 07, 2014
Sheriff is a student of SCHOOL OF ART,DESIGN AND PRINTING.YABATECH but Unilag students do come to my school YABATECH for assistance in projects and assignments.I could remember the day i was called for a photo portrait job from a senior lecturer Unilag for presenting the portrait to one of Lagos state commissioner.Se Unilag school of art students can't do it?But their lecturer have no boldness on their art works.The lecturer prefer a student from school of art Yabatech.Therefore Universities students spend 4 years in school, polytechnic students spend more than that with serious emphasis on praticals.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by joshrare(m): 8:09am On Jul 07, 2014
Irrespective of what the verdict is, the dichotomy remains.
Its an age long ordeal, it can't change now
Beside fg doesn't have time 4 it now. Don't 4get boko haram and 2015 election.
Why worry sef? A lot of job opening these dayz are for OND/HND holders
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by AngelJennifer: 8:23am On Jul 07, 2014
Adewunmi84: I know some university degree holder who graduated with cgpa below 2.5/ some who are still battling to know their CGPA in 400 level or below/ some who their scripts or marks are still missing will flood this thread and start spewing gibberish.The fact remains polytechnic students and graduates will never cease to remain the best in their field and I know that the government of this epileptic country will one day put a smile on the faces of polytechnic graduates and students.its a matter of time.I don't want to say much because I remember I taught a FUTA graduate where to locate start button on a keyboard in 2009 and also told a UNAAB graduate he cannot see a recycle bin on desktop CUG phone when I tricked him to find a deleted number on the phone which he searched for almost 45 minutes sweating.It is not a matter of professor or grammar..Its what you were taught and what you possess upstair..Back in UAC then,I worked with my ND and I trained at least 15 graduates on the use of excel,words,sage pastel,IDRS and so on.University graduates for that matter..Universities in Nigeria breed and produce semi-illiterares and idiots as graduates(imagine an OOU graduate of ILR asking a question"Am I ur children?"wink..Good night

Most of the computer programs/packages and keyboard shortcuts you stated here are the things i learnt in a computer school/business center after my SSCE. Even some JSS 3 students can do that. While waiting for admission i taught my aunt who is a lecturer some of this packages and keyboad commands. Does that make me better than her? It is not about being in a polytechnic or university. Moreso, knowing this few things does not make you a qualified graduate or better than those you taught, it is based on your experience.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Agilityf(m): 8:25am On Jul 07, 2014
Poly Nekede is also one of d best poly in Nigeria
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by awayeyebundle: 8:27am On Jul 07, 2014
HND cannot be equal to B.SC Or B.Tech because the duration that will spend in school is different,take for example 4yrs at a straight and polytechnic used 2yrs and afta a while another 2yrs,this make Universities superior to polytechnic.......remember that some Uni. Used 5yrs @ school....it cannot be equal

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Study In Ghana - Admission Is Opened This January: / The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. / Amotekun Is Cheetah Not Leopard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.