Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court (58448 Views)

Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC / First Degree And Masters Opportunity In The Usa- No Sat I, Sat Ii, Toefl Or Gre / Is Futy"s 2008/2009 Admission List into first degree programs out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by profjendor(m): 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
adanny01:

. Bros chill, do u knw under the federal civil service, b.sc, B.pharm, Mbbs...are on level 8, 10 and 12 respectively with different salary scales, dis makes it possible for the mbbs and B.pharm to rise fast up the ladder to bin a director.......this is to show u that everything dat is arranged is done based on the perceived value and usefulness of the certificate under their codes. All dis 3 diff degrees are all university first degrees, why didn't the B.sc nd even the B.pharm be pained and go to court to correct this percieved anomaly ? This can only cause chaos and at the tail end of it nothing is gonna be resolved.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by rajoys: 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
The two are set up for different purposes in ideal environs where things work. There should not be any reason comparing the two if our system is working. If for example in an engineering profession u are giving the job of a Technologist (HND graduate) to an Engineer (University degree) and vice versa, u can not optimized their use for the best benefit of ur organization. Yet the two of them are good in their respective specialization.

In a system that is working, HND holders and ND guys are the main drivers of the real work and happenings that get the society functioning in every sector while the degree guys plans, do research, design and hand over the plans to the former who will execute the plan. The two of them are very important that a society will not progress in the absence of any of them. But Nigeria as a country is a big joke, nothing is working. Both HND and Degree holder should be able to walk tall with high shoulder if they truely and genuinely have the qualification. In my own organization and is Federal Govt org, no distinction between HND and Degree ooo but the value u add to urself as times goes by may alter the equation for any of the two that develop his or herself later in future.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Sike(m): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
But they ain't really the same if you'd ask me.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by omega2128(m): 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
BLACK MAN WITH HATRED- I'M BETTER THAN YOU MENTALITY.
I'm university graduate but you are a polytechnic graduate- so I'M BETTER THAN YOU.
I'm Ibo but you're Yoruba- so I'M BETTER THAN YOU.
I'm from northern part but you are from southern part- so I'M BETTER THAN YOU.
I'm rich but you're poor- so I'm better human being than you.
Same mistake our primitive fathers made, that compelled them to sell their brethren to foreigners. Is still killing us today.
Many HND holders are getting jobs while university graduates are roaming street. WES DO NOT SEE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN POLY OR UNIVERSITY. Both fill same form and get same evaluation.
Poly or university do not determine one's life- certificate is just a paper without God's favour.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by searay(m): 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
Dremichaels:

u must be high on something... ur statement shows dat u just finished from secondary
Can't you response without insult?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by georgesylva(m): 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
In 2013 World renowned research council,
Cybermetrics Lab, in its latest
webometrics ranking has ranked
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife,
as the best university in Nigeria and
the eighth in Africa. In the last rankings released earlier
this year, the university was rated
number one in Nigeria but 14th in
Africa. The latest ranking of tertiary
institutions in the World by
Webometrics also positioned the
Federal Polytechnic, Auchi as the best
Polytechnic in Africa and by
implication the best in the country. Auchi Polytechnic, University of
Ibadan and University of Lagos
ranked 23, 24 and 25 in Africa. The ranking showed that Auchi
Polytechnic retained its position as
the second best tertiary educational
institution in Nigeria. Rector of the polytechnic, Dr. Philipa
Idogho, expressed satisfaction with
the latest ranking of the polytechnic,
which has been a consistent
performance since 2010. “That the polytechnic has
consistently been rated with the
universities demonstrates the high
standard of academic activities in the
institution,” she said, adding that the
rating was a further challenge to the polytechnic’s management to work
harder as being at the top is not as
difficult as remaining at the top. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN),
Federal University of Agriculture
Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Yaba College of
Technology (YABATECH), University
of Benin (UNIBEN), Ahmadu Bello
University (ABU) and University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) took the 5th-10th
positon as the best Universities in
Nigeria while their positon in Africa
stands at 31, 45,46,69,74 and 81
respectively. In their research, Webometric
considers the scientific impact of the
university activities and the economic
relevance of the technology transfer
to industry, the community
engagement (social, cultural, environmental roles) and even the
political influence.
If polys are rated among the best in africa then why the dicotomy?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by herkeym001(m): 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
[s][/s]
ELOGBO: wait oooooooo did there force any of u into Poly? Open ur eyes n see n stop disturbing urselfxx.
God Bless you as u do
You're a fool

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Sodiq3(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
tenry:
Differentiate between straight news and features.
What's the work of a sub editor?
What are normative theories?
Differentiate bet authoritarian and soviet communist theories
Mention any 4 models of mass communication and tell me whc is considered d mother of all
Differentiate between research and theory
Write a script for 15mins radio programme.
Answer these mass comm related questions first. Then debate follows.

Time allowed: 10minutes lol. Joking...

lol...Kul..did most of These things in my 100L except 4 d last question which we did in mcom206(news writing and reporting).. if i decide to put pen on paper , i can beat 50 if it's over 60.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by fujirice: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
With the way you guys are talking down on we HND holders I hope no one will open a thread on this forum again talking about marginalisation in any form or shape.
God is watching us all.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
Badmushazan: polytechnic school of average nigerian that value education while university school of prominent nigerian that want to oppress the poor whom manage to have polytechnic education. However going to university does not determined your ability/ success.........no wonder a computer science graduate of ABU zaria asking me if bank security door allow customer holding a pen to enter or not ?..... Ewa wo Aiye university graduate ni ode

Your post is littered with basic spelling and grammar errors... if this is the evidence that polytechnic graduates are better then we have a long way to go.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by johnwizey: 10:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
profjustine458: your grammatical blunder alone shows that you not even qualified to be a Jambite
Thank you. We knw your type,dose that speak like the queen but have nothing upstairs
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Microtee(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Joejonah:

# acronyms
OAU is an acronym?Bro no talk ham outside oO
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Microtee(m): 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Joejonah:

# acronyms
Bro,Do u really know the diff. between acronym and alphabeltism?Bro, no talk ham outside oO.Contact any 100l student in Futa for more info.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Handcuff: 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
roxell120: because ure a poly registrar

NO , but because we Know in Nigeria, Not until after 3 ATTEMPTS @ SECURING A PLACE IN UNIVERSITY,people dont consider Polytechnic.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Abuklaw(m): 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
olaezebala: Me no get time to argue. Try enter ib, make only u waka go sango come ask even agbero is poly ib student and ui student be same.

Make I stop joke.
I have both HND-Ede and B.Sc-UI (computer science) for real, the two aint same and can never be the same.
I am tired of reading "we do more practicals" as the main defence by mates from the poly. That's what we were set out for but did we do those practicals for real? Was in HND2 wen I started my degree in Ui (200L) and I must say, "igimu jina sori". In UI, I defended @ least a mini project every semester not to talk of writing practical exams(Come in with ur system and u'll be given apps to develop) where as in my poly, I defended project twice (one for ND and the other for HND).
Pls, my poly brothers and sisters, stop living in the self delusional praise of "we do more practicals", things are changing very fast" chemistry students are in the lab over night in UNIs doing practicals steady, my biochem roommate then slept in lab more than his room, my physics pals hardly remember the way to their halls, csc majors code like no man's business, maths and stat major ready for anything, tech and engineering guys are not smiling either, my social science dudes are ever ready to take u up on any topic.

All I did in ND, HND was covered in 2 years(200 and 300 level). For goodness sake I wasn't taught by DRs or Prof in poly, my lecturers were all MR (HND/BSc/Msc). These set of lecturers (without phd) wrote the textbooks we used and if u write anything outside those texts, "ur own don done". U can't compare that with a uni where lecturers write like 3 diff textbooks for a course and still advice u to read more.

I brought our way of reading to uni and my first year wasn't funny. I kept on having "grin"s and "E"s in courses just as my mode of entry (DE). Tot I was that poor until my peeps in OAU shared similar experience.

HND and B.Sc will from yesterday, today and years to come be equivalent but never will they be equal.
can't be convinced more than this. I have been suffering from the same delusion of grandeur like my mates from other polytechnics, but because your experience is a first-class information i can affirm (because i'm studying at federal poly Ede at present). I can't deny the "la cram la pour" you pointed to as the order of the day here because it's an idea i'm fighting hard to grasp.

My fellow polytechnic students or graduates may want to castigate me but I'll never for once allow "my sense of belonging" to becloud "my sense of reasoning and justice." I will never celebrate or defend mediocrity.

I represent Fedpolyede

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Handcuff: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
tochilastborn: ABYSMALLY LOW SCORES??does ur varsities have enough spaces for the populace?check this year's utme scoreline
That's why varsities accept the very best, and push the left-overs to polytechnic.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Azwealth(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
michaeltotti: Sorry bro.bt y are u aspiring 4 uni when u knw they r equal?
of course everyone aspire for uni bcoz of d discrimination on poly
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by piroskey94(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Lmao! Let Me ask: PDP and APC are they equal?

Or Nairaland (B.sc) and LindaIkeji(HND) are they equal?

Soldiers( B.Sc) and Police(HND) are they equal?

Manchester United (B.sc) and Arsenal/Chelsea(HND) are they equal?

Lmao! Am just joking o metaphorically
no no no no no no no no!!! its chelsea(Phd), man u(Bsc) and arsenal(school cert) hahahahahaha, abeg na joke i dey o b4 some ppl go begin bombard me with wetin pass my power. #runsouttathisplace

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by possibilita(m): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
michaeltotti: When i hustle nd gt 200 to study in uni and a gy score 150 to study in poly.and u want us to be equal?

Na lie,orelse d cutoff mark wl b equal alsotongue
WELL FACE IT,I HAD 270 BT AM IN THE POLY SO U CAN SEE D DIFF.IN OUR SCORES.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
shilexholly: If not d̶̲̥̅̊α† dis uni guys are scared of competition....y are u supporting d fed govt....its just unfair....u guys are not by any means beta......dere is none of ma mate in d university d̶̲̥̅̊α† can beat me on ma course....d 150 cut off is 4 ND and not HND,its just like part 2 of uni dats all,do u no d stress u go tru b4 gaining admission 4 HND agan afta ND.....anoda screening and anoda cut off mark,put 2geda is d̶̲̥̅̊α† not up 2 300.....tah
werey, u want to compete... polys wit deir childish mentality
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by synergycom19: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
ITbomb: Forgive my ignorance but do we have Professors in Polytechnics?
And what value do they add to the system?Apart from parading photocopies in the name of professors
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Lobolintin(m): 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
Am a polytechnic product(FEDERAL)... And I can proudly say.. My studio Design in NDII development plan.. Was IMSU final year first semester design in school...... Imagine... My project cost me Half a Million to complete, and visit to almost 16 state, wrote chpt 1,2,3 four good times... My supervisor his a Prof...... The differ here is that... UNI products speaks well than US.. Theory and practical no be the same...What I can do,dem no born some UNI product well, to embark on am ... O ma pa lo ri ni... Ma ka olisa bi le li gwe.....UNI uses Prof while POLy go by Dr.. I can state that.. I and my set assisted a lot of this glorified UNI students in their projects and minor designs....Wa laiiii
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Duru009(m): 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Thy are just wasting dre time in the court. Poly graduate will never be equal to bsc holder. I will advice poly graduate to go n get ur bsc now. Like my friend is doing. Evenif thy equal it. Many discrimination will stil persist at work place in many orgainsation and companies.i have travel outside d country manytimes.its still thesame. Its a world-wide sydrome not only in nigeria.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by michaeltotti(m): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
I mean d difference in thier cut off mark.nt our score
possibilita: WELL FACE IT,I HAD 270 BT AM IN THE POLY SO U CAN SEE D DIFF.IN OUR SCORES.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Normality: Uni students yapping their mouth like wtf!!

Someone said they are buying textbooks of 2500 and so, pls come to my school and see how much we buy textbook in HND level, none of them is less than N2000.

I study computer science and all these Uni computer science students in dia 400L can't stand an average student in ND in my state, that's Abia Poly.
No wonder they always come to ND students to create softwares they use in their project.

These guys talk as if they r d best, they carry courses over from their first year and they settle it with money in there last year, who tries that in POLY, two COs and u spend two more years at home.

For me, until a uni student beat me in my course, they r nt better than me and my colleagues in Poly.

Meanwhile I enjoy the money these Uni guys pay me and my guys every semester break to come teach them, and something I started since I was in ND2.

HND nt equal to degree ni, Degree big cert no brain ko.
Abia poly?? y not mention covenant poly... schools of copycat... Abeg i dey find babe for ur sch o, i b corper..lol
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by roxell120(m): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Handcuff:

NO , but because we Know in Nigeria, Not until after 3 ATTEMPTS @ SECURING A PLACE IN UNIVERSITY,people dont consider Polytechnic.
aint u talking about preference here which the contentious disparity is a major factor?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Lobolintin(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Excelboi: OK, verified . Apart from Auchi, which poly rank top ten best institution in Nigeria?
fedponek oweRri
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by michaeltotti(m): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
It is nt discrimination.it is fact
Azwealth:
of course everyone aspire for uni bcoz of d discrimination on poly
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by haymoney01(m): 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
Evestar200: HND cert can not be parallel with degree becuase goverment made it so, bt in reality HND cert is far better than degree. A PTI graduate is more respected accepted and honor than any any universities graduate in Nigeria.
Hello. Stop Disturbing nah. If to say u gt admission to uni. Una no go go poly o. Con dy yarn shit naw

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by vizboy(m): 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
Sorry No comment

Proud student of Auchi Polytechnic Auchi

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. / Two FUTO Students Found Dead In Their Lodge Today (Graphic Photos) / When Your Village People Sit Near You In The Exam Hall (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.