Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,409 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Studying In US And Canada Faq's - Educational Services (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Studying In US And Canada Faq's (58071 Views)

Unn 2015/16 Departmental Cut-off Mark (faq) / Universities In US And Canada That Doesn't Require GRE / Tution Free Universities In Norway, Sweden And Canada Urgent Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Jfocus5662: 6:22am On Nov 10, 2018
Raul08:
@dameflion...I have the 8 series Manhattan gre practice text you recommended (soft copy) now. I will carry you along. I intend taking my time to prepare though.

Hello Raul....please do you still have the soft copy of this text?
If yes could you please help send to my mail at jonathansoetan@gmail.com

Thanks and God bless
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 6:53pm On Dec 06, 2018
Jfocus5662:

So HND is a go for Masters in the US right?

YES
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
Jfocus5662:

Hello Raul....please do you still have the soft copy of this text?
If yes could you please help send to my mail at jonathansoetan@gmail.com

Thanks and God bless

Check your email
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2018
Jfocus5662:

Ooh....thank God....I’ve started the evaluation with WES already and I’m an HNd holder....but the thing is Ive been able to send just my transcriot and it’s already showing “evaluation in progress” on my portal and I’m required not to go any other thing at this moment.....should I just go ahead and send all other necessary documents like my. WAEC scratch card and my Two NOR (ND & HND) or I should just wait for WEs to notify me about that.

You really do not need to send your WAEC. Since you have sent your OND and HND transcripts, you should be good. The only reason I will tell you to send WAEC is if your highest level of education is Secondary school and you are planning to come for Associate degree or bachelors degree in North America (US or Canada).

Regards
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2018
mdgreen:

My brother I have been following you from the beginning of this thread, all i have to say is thank you for selfless service am happy and God will raise a helper at the point of your need.
AM PLANING TO STUDY IN CANADA( MASTER IN AGRICULTURE
THESE ARE MY QUESTION..........
1. I NEED A STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO COMMENCES MY STUDY IN CANADA.

I believe the thread has answered this question

2. AS AN AGRICULTURAL STUDENT CAN I APPLY FOR OTHER COURSE. APART FROM AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE I DID AS FIRST DEGREE?

I have also answered this questions along the line in this thread by answering subsequent questions that people asked as follow-up questions to this thread

3. CAN I GET MY MASTERS FUNDED BY MYSELF AND STILL HAVE A PART TIME JOB DURING MY PROGRAM?

I think Canada do allow students to do side jobs as they study.

4. WHICH SCH. IN CANADA IS THE BEST AGRICULTURAL RELATED FIELD?

You will have to do the search yourself as described in the thread

5. PRESENTLY MY INT. PASS.P HAVE EXPIRED, I HAVE NOT APPLY FOR TRANSCRIPT FROM MY SCH., HAVENT APPLY TO ANY SCH. IN CANADA YET, AND HAVE NOT WRITTEN GRE EXAM. FOR ME TO PREPARE FOR MEET UP. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT?

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a step

6. SEND ME INFORMATION THAT IS RELEVANT FOR MY QUEST TO STUDY IN CANADA, ALSO SEND ME GRE QNA.

I have shared GRE materials with you

THANKS FOR YOUR KIND AND SELFLESS SERVICES. SEE YOU AT THE PEAK!!!!!!

Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by otacheric: 5:22am On Dec 26, 2018
Jfocus5662:

Hello dafemilion...please do you still have the soft copy of this text? If yes could you please help send to my mail at fillupotache2456@gmail.com
Thanks and God bless
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
[quote author=otacheric post=74169865][/quote]

Done
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
[quote author=dafemlions post=73612778][/quote]

You are welcome
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 2:26am On Jan 13, 2019
[quote author=otacheric post=74169865][/quote]

Hello friends, the essence of this thread is to enlighten you and show you the pathway to better your Academic lives and career. Many have benefitted from this thread and moved forward and this is what gives me joy.

Some people are skeptical and unsure because we do not demand money for all these services. That is why I want to encourage all of you that have benefitted and transited to US and Canada to alway drop your success story on the is thread when you start your studies in US and Canada.

One of the people that benefitted from this thread did not let us know until 6 months after he landed in the US. Another person that made it to US recently did not let us know until we saw her name online that she made it to the US for her Ph.D.

Please when you eventually make it to US or Canada to start your studies, drop your success story on this thread. It will serve as encouragement to others that you do not need to spend a fortune to get your dream of studying in US and Canada a reality. YOUR SUCCESS STORY IS MY JOY.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Hairhee: 12:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
dafemlions:

You are welcome
dafemlions:

You are welcome

Hi Dafe, Goggle directed me to your thread and even though i’m not able to read the entire pages, I must say you’re doing a good job.
Please i’d like to find out what you think, can I go for a straight msc course in Canada with a 3.16 gpa in Food Science and Technology from OAU. Actually looking at going for Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
Also, can I skip IELTS and all then English proficiency tests?
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Peoria98: 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2019
Hello Dafe, I sent you a mail, kindly reply. It's urgent. Thank you.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by tuffguy: 12:54pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hi
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 4:03am On Mar 01, 2019
Hairhee:

Hi Dafe, Goggle directed me to your thread and even though i’m not able to read the entire pages, I must say you’re doing a good job.
Please i’d like to find out what you think, can I go for a straight msc course in Canada with a 3.16 gpa in Food Science and Technology from OAU. Actually looking at going for Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
Also, can I skip IELTS and all then English proficiency tests?

Yes you can.
You need to do a Canada WES evaluation as a first step. That should jerk up your CGPA
Look for schools that can take your WES evaluated CGPA
Request for IELTS waiver since you are from an Anglophone country

I hope this helps
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 4:06am On Mar 01, 2019
tuffguy:
Hi dafe, i've taken the time to read your post from 2014. thanks for all that info, i'd like to get funding for a low ranking uni but i graduated with a cgpa of 2.6, is this even possible? Plus I have been advised that I take the GRE test first. I want to know as I did Philosophy in my undergrad school, what subjects do I expect in the GRE test, myself, maths, and infact anything with a semblance of mathematics in it (quantitative) dont get along well. How do I manage this worry? Plus how can I get a link to practise the test?

And if anyone else with info on GRE test can see this, and u know what it costs to write the GRE test in lagos, just drop it here. Gad bless ya!

GRE is only verbal and quantitative so you have to fall in love with maths.
Read my thread from the beginning till end and it will answer most of your questions.
Send and email to gre.nigeria@yahoo.com to request for GRE materials
To manage your worry, you need to study the materials to learn the tricks for solving the maths. The more you learn the tricks, the less your worry.

You can get details on the cost of GRE from http://www.ets.org/gre/

I hope this helps
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Kingdave007: 7:27pm On May 09, 2019
Good evening Mr. Dafe. I appreciate you taking out the time to reply queries here. I'm new in the thread.

I Graduated in 2016 with a degree in Geophysics and a CGPA of 2.65 and I have been trying to get an admission to study an MSc in Canada but I've been rejected twice because of my CGPA.

Please I want to know:

Is it possible to get a direct MSc admission in the US with my CGPA if I do the GRE exam?
Is it possible to get an MSc admission in the US or Canada with a PGD from Nigeria?

If not,what do you suggest I do? Thanks
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 2:08am On May 11, 2019
Kingdave007:
Good evening Mr. Dafe. I appreciate you taking out the time to reply queries here. I'm new in the thread.

I Graduated in 2016 with a degree in Geophysics and a CGPA of 2.65 and I have been trying to get an admission to study an MSc in Canada but I've been rejected twice because of my CGPA.

Please I want to know:

Is it possible to get a direct MSc admission in the US with my CGPA if I do the GRE exam?
Is it possible to get an MSc admission in the US or Canada with a PGD from Nigeria?

If not,what do you suggest I do? Thanks

I will suggest that you do a PGD in Geophysics and make sure you do very well. After your PGD, then go ahead to do the WES evaluation of your Undergraduate and PGD transcripts. Make sure you also do well in your GRE. This will help you in your applications for masters.

I hope this helps.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by lisablaze: 2:07pm On May 11, 2019
please in wes course by course my school request for only my bsc can i send wes my bsc only
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by lisablaze: 2:19pm On May 11, 2019
mr dafe please wes course by course my school i apply requested for only for my university transcript and degree cretificate. dont knw weda i should send wes my wace too
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Kingdave007: 9:28pm On May 11, 2019
dafemlions:

I will suggest that you do a PGD in Geophysics and make sure you do very well. After your PGD, then go ahead to do the WES evaluation of your Undergraduate and PGD transcripts. Make sure you also do well in your GRE. This will help you in your applications for masters.

I hope this helps.

Yes it does...thank you very much. Also from research I found out that Canada doesn't have a Geophysics PGD course or something related and I sent e-mails to two random schools asking if they accept Nigerian PGD results but I received no reply.

Do you know if a Nigerian PGD result can also be used to get a Canadian MSC ?

I know they don't place emphasis on the GRE
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 3:00am On Jun 21, 2019
lisablaze:
please in wes course by course my school request for only my bsc can i send wes my bsc only

If they request for your BSc only, then send your BSc to WES.

Regards
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 3:02am On Jun 21, 2019
lisablaze:
mr dafe please wes course by course my school i apply requested for only for my university transcript and degree cretificate. dont knw weda i should send wes my wace too

Just send your BSc and a certified true copy of your certificate (NOT ORIGINAL) to WES.

Regards
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 3:04am On Jun 21, 2019
Kingdave007:

Yes it does...thank you very much. Also from research I found out that Canada doesn't have a Geophysics PGD course or something related and I sent e-mails to two random schools asking if they accept Nigerian PGD results but I received no reply.

Do you know if a Nigerian PGD result can also be used to get a Canadian MSC ?

I know they don't place emphasis on the GRE

I am not sure but I think they should.

Regards
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Embell: 6:55am On Jul 01, 2019
Hello, please I need advice on how to find university to apply to{with fully-funded scholarship} ASAP. I also seek advice on everything I need to do to secure admission for the next 'available' academic session.

NOTE: Almost all required documents are available, SOP, Recommendations, e.t.c

cc defemlions

Thanks in advance.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Paroh(f): 2:09am On Jul 02, 2019
Embell:
Hello, please I need advice on how to find university to apply to{with fully-funded scholarship} ASAP. I also seek advice on everything I need to do to secure admission for the next 'available' academic session.

cc defemlions

Thanks in advance.

I think appropriate Google searches will put you in the right path. Also have you taken SATs? I'm badly in need of Kaplan SAT or something. I need to study cry
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2019
Embell:

cc defemlions

Thanks in advance.

All these questions have been answered in the thread. Please read from the beginning till the end.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2019
dafemlions:

All these questions have been answered in the thread. Please read from the beginning till the end.

To those of you applying for undergraduate in the US, here are the list of schools you can apply to that have scholarships for international students:

Howard University
Fisk University
Alcorn State University
Lee University
Towson University
Liberty University
Lincoln University
Morgan State University

I also learnt about a UWC scholarship.
Please see here below the link to the UWC movement, which is the A-level type of scholarship offered to students who meet the requirements. I believe there is a UWC Committee in Nigeria, and they co-ordinate dates for application deadlines and placement of students since there are at least 13 colleges worldwide, and selected students are assigned a college at random. I believe applications are being accepted now.

The next is information about the Davis Scholarship. It typically is offered to UWC graduates entering University at the USA.

1. https://www.uwc.org/
1.1 https://www.ng.uwc.org/ (UWC Nigeria National Committee).
2. https://www.davisuwcscholars.org/program/by_the_numbers/how-this-works

Finally, I want to encourage you to always drop a message on this thread when you get admission and funding and you finally settle down in US or Canada. It will give other people reading this thread the assurance that they do not need to pay anybody to do anything for them and that they can go through the process by themselves. Many people have gone to the US and Canada following what was written in this thread and they did not leave a message for others reading this thread to let them know that these FAQ's are all you need to make your dream of studying in the US and Canada come true.

The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Drexel has funded openings for Ph.D. students beginning in Spring 2020. This is a very unusual situation for our department. Our faculty have recently won a large number of grants that have created many more positions than we anticipated. Research openings are primarily in Polymers
and Composites, Advanced Manufacturing, and Energy and the Environment. Competitive graduates with a BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry,
Environmental Engineering, Materials Science, or Polymer Engineering are encouraged to apply.

Students should apply online at https://drexel.edu/grad.

Please note that the
application fee is waived for CBE applicants. However, an application must be completed
and submitted for the Admissions Committee to view it. We are unfortunately unable to refund students who have already paid the fee.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Teophilus96(m): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
Wow thank you so much @Dafemlions. God will bless u.

I am still an undergraduate but I have seen what the far distance looks like. Thank you.

I will ask my questions when I am set for the journey.

You're a blessing to this generation in your own way. Wether you know it or not. You're a great man! Remain blessed!
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Adeyera10: 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
Please I just finished writing the 2019 waec and the result is out already but I can only get the statement of result now and I want to process my undergraduate degree in Estonia please can I use statement of result since the original waec result is not out yet [/quote]
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2019
Adeyera10:
Please I just finished writing the 2019 waec and the result is out already but I can only get the statement of result now and I want to process my undergraduate degree in Estonia please can I use statement of result since the original waec result is not out yet

I don't know anything about Estonia.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2019
Teophilus96:
Wow thank you so much @Dafemlions. God will bless u.

I am still an undergraduate but I have seen what the far distance looks like. Thank you.

I will ask my questions when I am set for the journey.

You're a blessing to this generation in your own way. Wether you know it or not. You're a great man! Remain blessed!

You are welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

JAMB PAST QUESTION AND ANSWER / I Need Good Accounting Project Topics For My Final Year Project. / Download Complete Project Topics And Materials For FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.