Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (49675 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Burger01(m): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
You don't want a child and u dey release your akpamu inside the woman. Don't you know any prevention methods? Abeg go pay up jare..
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
pro01: Yimu. All this one na story. I trust my withdrawal method, and it has never failed me in my long 'career'. I always withdraw at the point of no return - even with a condom firmly in place. No chance of any yeye pregnancy. No time for stories that touch.

You can't foist an unwanted pregnancy on me; that was not part of the bargain when we had consensual sex.

i hope you are aware some women have actually gone through the stress of artificially inseminating themselves with used condoms just to force parenthood on their men. if she's determined to make you a father, you shall become one.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
pro01: Yimu. All this one na story. I trust my withdrawal method, and it has never failed me in my long 'career'. I always withdraw at the point of no return - even with a condom firmly in place. No chance of any yeye pregnancy. No time for stories that touch.

Keep withdrawing. It will soon fail you. It seems you dnt know ladies get pregnant even when their men withdrew. Google is your friend. That pre-cum your peewee releases before you e*j*a*c*ulate contains sperm enough to form a child. Keep deceiving yourself. It will fail you soon. Then your eye go open waaaaaaaa!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by betatalk: 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
He was mentally and physically able to have sex abi, he should not runaway from his responsibility. Besides is murder of thr unborn child easy and there is something called safe sex.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ha!! When did children become chocolates that you might want or not want them shocked You are dealing with a human life here. Extra caution needs to be taken by both male and female partners when it comes to sexual intercourse. Pregnancies occur for different reasons. If a pregnancy resulted from the carelessness of both parties then both parties would have to take full responsibility for that child. Abortion would be highly frowned upon in this circumstance. In another instance, if the pregnancy resulted from the woman's carelessness then It can be understandable if the man refuses to care for the child.

However this is not to excuse the notion being upheld by the op. Refusing to support your child simply because you didn't want it is totally selfish and not religious especially if we take Nigeria as a case study. I am very certain proponents and opponents of the ops assertion are Christians. I don't want to become biased or judgemental but you cannot go to your house of worship and scream and then come to the corner and ask for abortion. In fact the question of why were you having sex in the first place would be asked.

Let us move away from the religious perspective. It is morally wrong to exclaim abortion simply because you took precautionary steps. A society that functions under such principles might be damaging itself. As humans, we should be able to protect ourselves and to encourage human life. A human error should not be corrected by simply killing another potential human. Some have argued that life begins at conception. So this means that you are not just killing a foetus but an actual human being. Therefore the man advocating an abortion for his unborn child is simply a murderer.

It is also interesting to note that there is no contraception that offers 100% proof. The highest is 99 and that one percent matters a lot.

To finish my epistle, a man should be willing to help his child regardless of the circumstances that brought about the child. The only ridiculousness would be when the woman requests for an exorbitant amount of child support.

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

i hope you are aware some women have actually gone through the stress of artificially inseminating themselves with used condoms just to force parenthood on their men. if she's determined to make you a father, you shall become one.

I personally dispose my used condom by flushing it down the toilet immediately - by myself. No story o.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
golden treasure: Anyway sha, paying for child's support no be by force. But pls don't ever come to claim the child l8tr in life.

And that's where the issh lies. I knew someone and 14 years later without any child, he came looking for the child he didn't accept.

The heartbreaking thing was that the son wanted to go with the cool dad that lived in the States. My friend's sister almost went crazy.

If he wants to walk, he should walk and never look back.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by LaurelP(m): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2014

As long as d man did not put a gun on ur head and forced u to open ur legs
U can't say its his responsibility to father d child

If d man did not remember or refuse to wear a condom, then he's messed up
But dat doesn't mean u shud mess up too. Two wrongs don't make a right
If truly u didn't want to be pregnant or go thru abortion(which u knw d guy wud go for), u wouldn't let d man in until he complies
But if u don't and a pregnancy results, u don't hvave any right to force d man to pay for a mistake dat both of u made
If he adviced u to abort, he's trying to clear d mess and u refusing means dat u have chosen to have a baby
And u shud be responsible for ur decisions

D fact dat u knw abortion is not safe and ur d one dat wud go thru it, shud make u to take extra precaution
A man shud only be forced to cater for d baby if he forced the lady to sleep with him, becos both of dem share in d mistake

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by rezy15(m): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
frak yeah!! He shud contribute. He shudnt hv started what he cudnt finish. Dats why there is condom. Cowards like him shud subscribe to 20 naira GC.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
datalossvictim1: Ha!! When did children become chocolates that you might want or not want them shocked You are dealing with a human life here. Extra caution needs to be taken by both male and female partners when it comes to sexual intercourse. Pregnancies occur for different reasons. If a pregnancy resulted from the carelessness of both parties then both parties would have to take full responsibility for that child. Abortion would be highly frowned upon in this circumstance. In another instance, if the pregnancy resulted from the woman's carelessness then It can be understandable if the man refuses to care for the child.

However this is not to excuse the notion being upheld by the op. Refusing to support your child simply because you didn't want it is totally selfish and not religious especially if we take Nigeria as a case study. I am very certain proponents and opponents of the ops assertion are Christians. I don't want to become biased or judgemental but you cannot go to your house of worship and scream and then come to the corner and ask for abortion. In fact the question of why were you having sex in the first place would be asked.

Let us move away from the religious perspective. It is morally wrong to exclaim abortion simply because you took precautionary steps. A society that functions under such principles might be damaging itself. As humans, we should be able to protect ourselves and to encourage human life. A human error should not be corrected by simply killing another potential human. Some have argued that life begins at conception. So this means that you are not just killing a foetus but an actual human being. Therefore the man advocating an abortion for his unborn child is simply a murderer.

It is also interesting to note that there is no contraception that offers 100% proof. The highest is 99 and that one percent matters a lot.

To finish my epistle, a man should be willing to help his child regardless of the circumstances that brought about the child. The only ridiculousness would be when the woman requests for an exorbitant amount of child support.

Thread closed!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
shoefreak:

And that's where the issh lies. I knew someone and 14 years later without any child, he came looking for the child he didn't accept.

If he wants to walk, he should walk and never look back.
If walking away now means walking away forever, I'm cool.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
pro01:

I personally dispose my used condom by flushing it down the toilet immediately - by myself. No story o.

and on the off-chance this condom of yours broke and she gets pregnant? you also mentioned you are a big fan of withdrawal method - what if she scoops the seeds you left on the sheets into her vägina while you were busy cleaning up in the bathroom?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by delishpot: 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
swag loverss: If a man tells woman to get an abortion and she refuses, why should he be forced to pay child support?

For instance, a man impregnated a woman and decides that he is not mentally, physically or financially able to support a child and tells the mother to go get an abortion and the woman refuses, why should the man have to pay child support?.

I mean if a woman decides to keep the baby, that's her decision, not the man's. The man made it clear that he didn't want the child then why should he have to take care of the child since it was the woman who wanted to keep it and not him?

If ya papa look ya mama come tell her to go abort, she come gree abort you, you for dey here dey talk all this one?( let me thank God for your parents first for keeping you). Do you know how many peopke are alive today because their moms took a stand and decided to keep her pregnancy against all odds?
When dem show picrure of aborted fetus for nairaland na una type go cone here dey swear for women wey abbort yet una go follow backyard tell una women to go abbort una pikin because una no fit help raise am.
Abortion is not a walk in the park, it could cost the woman her life. So just for your selfish reason she should face all risks involved in abortion? The only risk you face is parting with your money and you think it pays you more if she risk her life, her womb and her health to get an abortion just because you cant support a child?
Ngwanu yes, he should be forced to pay. And thrown in prison for advicing a woman to abbort her child against her will and also, for having unprotected sex, he and the woman should be forced to go to sex ed classes and made to do compulsary med test for VD.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
Exactly!!!
naijababe: If walking away now means walking away forever, I'm cool.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Keep withdrawing. It will soon fail you. It seems you dnt know ladies get pregnant even when their men withdrew. Google is your friend. That pre-cum your peewee releases before you e*j*a*c*ulate contains sperm enough to form a child. Keep deceiving yourself. It will fail you soon. Then your eye go open waaaaaaaa!!!!!
No chance. Your evil prayer will go unanswered. I'll only have a child when I want to, and with whom I want to. Can I get a loud amen?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by uzuz(f): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
Why didnt he use a condom...? Better still ABSTAIN!!!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

LOL.. i really will like to hear from her anyway
Earlier i mentioned cherrypicking

Let me call EnlightenedSoul maybe she has some thing to say about a feminist that finds abortion akin to murder grin grin grin grin

LOL,,...are u calling them situational

Situational Feminism.. nice ring to it too

Feminism is about rights. Feminism supports the RIGHT to abort, it doesn't shove that right down your throat.

It's a choice.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2014
naijababe:

Thread closed!

Lol
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

and on the off-chance this condom of yours broke and she gets pregnant? you also mentioned you are a big fan of withdrawal method - what if she scoops the seeds you left on the sheets into her vägina while you were busy cleaning up in the bathroom?

My powerful 'chi' will always prevent me from meeting - let alone fcking - any woman with such sinister schemes. Na only nice girls looking to have a good time with a great guy I dey meet.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

interesting!
so when a man wants a child & a woman doesn't want one and she goes ahead to about the child, the spërm is not his own then, abi?

your logic is hilarious!

well if i understood what you are saying, then i'll say if she doesn't want it and he wants it, then the problem is a bit complicated because she is the one who will carry the child for 9months. so if she doesn't want it, there can be a mutual agreement or she probably won't let him know about it. But in all, both are responsible for the child's care be it male or female.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Feminism is about rights. Feminism supports the RIGHT to abort, it doesn't shove that right down your throat.

It's a choice.

Thats not the question.. smartly sidestepped wink
So is abortion murder or not
What was the rationale for the turning point from abortion as murder to what it is now.... grin grin smiley
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
pro01:
No chance. Your evil prayer will go unanswered. I'll only have a child when I want to, and with whom I want to. Can I get a loud amen?
You call that a prayer? then you dnt know the God you are worshipping!! You are a christian right? You think God prevents pregnancies? or even stds? God told you something about s*e*x. What is God's view about s*e*x before marriage? then you think he will answer that prayer? What a mockery of God!! you think God will help you remember to remove your pen1s and block every sperm from entering? You think God will perform magic for you?

If i were you, i will make google my friend before its too late before God shames you with that your prayer. Haba!! Why are you such a learner?? Using withdrawal method in this day and age and believing there will be no pregnancy? Chai!!! Ignorance is bliss. Get educated Dude!

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
Lovely post...

Just as i said earlier that train left the station long ago

We have sown the wind.. we have to reap d whirlwind

datalossvictim1: Ha!! When did children become chocolates that you might want or not want them shocked You are dealing with a human life here. Extra caution needs to be taken by both male and female partners when it comes to sexual intercourse. Pregnancies occur for different reasons. If a pregnancy resulted from the carelessness of both parties then both parties would have to take full responsibility for that child. Abortion would be highly frowned upon in this circumstance. In another instance, if the pregnancy resulted from the woman's carelessness then It can be understandable if the man refuses to care for the child.

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2014

isn't this the case for every unwanted pregnancy or why are you double speaking? a woman has the control of reproduction, the man has fewer choices to manoeuvre. he has just about 2 contraceptive measures - a woman has about 20. if she gets pregnant & sees the baby to term without agreeing with her partner to keep it, then she should take all responsibility for that child.

the issue of child support is flawed in every way. the fact that it's open to all kinds of fraud is enough justification for it to be completely scrapped. women have been using pregnancy to trap men long before any of us here was born - should a man also pay when women lie that they are on birth control pills just to get the man to put his seeds in her?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by egopersonified(f): 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
Guy meets girl, have sex, girl gets pregnant, guy asks girl to abort, girl refuses, therefore guy not liable for the child. Ok oh, what if d guy contacts HIV frm d girl, I hope he will abort it from his system, mtcheeeeeew.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
donnypool:
well if i understood what you are saying, then i'll say if she doesn't want it and he wants it, then the problem is a bit complicated because she is the one who will carry the child for 9months. so if she doesn't want it, there can be a mutual agreement or she probably won't let him know about it. But in all, both are responsible for the child's care be it male or female.

don't tell me the problem is complicated - tell me why it's fair for women to have all the choices but men cannot. if she wants the baby, she keeps it whether the man agrees or not. if she doesn't want the baby, she aborts it whether the man agrees or not.

is that a fair deal to you? cheesy

pro01:
My powerful 'chi' will always prevent me from meeting - let alone fcking - any woman with such sinister schemes. Na only nice girls looking to have a good time with a great guy I dey meet.

i just realised you have not even answered the question. what if(hypothetically speaking) your methods fail you one day and she gets pregnant. you asked her to take morning after pills and all sorts, she refused to do that and she saw the baby to term without any agreement with you......should the courts force you to pay child support calculated based on your income?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by zyzxx(m): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Bro, whether you like it or not, s*e*x results to pregnancy. If all options employed to prevent pregnancy fails, of which we are all aware that they all fail in many instances, then as a man who took an action MUST be ready for the consequences. As a sensible man, you MUST be ready to accept that pregnancy is inevitable!!!
you are right.. Some silly man like to live for themselves not for there family. Imagining a man sayin my parent did not send me to school and I make it thou I struggle... So I won't send my kids to school
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Tallesty1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
tammie24:
I million Kisses for you Tallesty1. You said it all!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Thats not the question.. smartly sidestepped wink
So is abortion murder or not
What was the rationale for the turning point from abortion as murder to what it is now.... grin grin smiley

You're not understanding.
I'm not side-stepping. That isn't a feminist argument.

Everyone has their own opinion, including feminists which is why you'll find varying ideas on the topic. The issue of abortion rights initially came about to challenge the notion that a women need carry a raaapist's child and raise it if she cannot or does not want to.

Feminism is about the RIGHT. The ideas behind that right are the person's own.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

don't tell me the problem is complicated - tell me why it's fair for women to have all the choices but men cannot. if she wants the baby, she keeps it whether the man agrees or not. if she doesn't want the baby, she aborts it whether the man agrees or not.

is that a fair deal to you? cheesy

well it is quit fair, if she cannot bear the pain for 9 months, well she cant. The law in todays society favors female more. If it was in the past generation, she wont be having sex like its an achievement
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Tallesty1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
Titiluvly:
Its well with you!
AMEN
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by ecnuel: 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
@OP. I wonder how you reason. Certainly, you wont reason like this if you were a woman. Do you think abortion is as smooth and easy as when you were depositing the semen?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply)

Nigerian Man, His Oyinbo Wife And Their 4 Kids In Matching Outfits Family Photos / 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.