Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (49673 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: This isn't about you, it's about the millions of other unwilling fathers who are forced to dole out cash regularly for kids they didn't want.

Wimbledon ke, I'm out o. Money making tins.

Ok.... aje a wa oooo

Im about to watch Messi vs Kompany
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Ewuro1: 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
Njokusboy , again go and sit your crusty bottom down.

I've been preggy numerous times and I know what I'm talking about. All that theory are just Bio 101 jargons.

The fertility clinics analogy didn't align with your brain as I've envisaged tsk! dang, maybe next time, I'll elaborate further. Right now I'm starved.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:
The probability of getting complications is way higher than not getting at all oooo. As long as quacks are evrywhere and abortion s relatively cheap in some areas, as long as you are making alterations on the female reproductive system, you cannot call that a MINIMAL RISK!! Life threatening risk fa!! Haba.

That's my point. Anything can be risky. The quacks are the ones making the risks higher.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for carelessness. I don't even like using the word abortion too often; it's should be the last option; locked in the safe somewhere.

I don't get how condoms, birth control pills and the plan Bs will all fail. If these methods are used properly , abortion will be out of the equation.

coogar:
she's more at risk if she carries the baby to term than aborting it. that's the trick these women use to force parenthood on the man.
researchers found that women were about 14 times more likely to die during or after giving birth to a live baby than to die from complications of an abortion.

Interesting fact. Sophy, you see?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

bro.. u never answer my q
What's your question bruv?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: What's your question bruv?

It was a continuation of our earlier discussion

So lets take your line of thought

You said u dont want the child
The woman is not ready to take the risk of abortion
What next?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

That's my point. Anything can be risky. The quacks are the ones making the risks higher.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for carelessness. I don't even like using the word abortion too often; it's should be the last option; locked in the safe somewhere.

I don't get how condoms, birth control pills and the plan Bs will all fail. If these methods are used properly , abortion will be out of the equation.

Condoms can fail because they break and hardly do most men use protection.

Long term use of birthcontrol pills is never advisable. It has adverse effects on a female's reproductive system. Certain pills have been blacklisted. Are we not getting many infertility stories here and there? This is why abstinance still is the best. Dont do the 'DO' if you dnt want responsibilities. DO the 'DO' and accept the outcome. Lets agree to disagree here.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro

U r blaming the wrong person.. njoku is just statin d facts

It is your fellow female activists whpo campaigned for this issue

They say a foetu is not a human

face the pro choicers... make dem no chop u raw ooo grin grin grin

Ewuro1: Njokusboy , again go and sit your crusty bottom down.

I've been preggy numerous times and I know what I'm talking about. All that theory are just Bio 101 jargons.

The fertility clinics analogy didn't align with your brain as I've envisaged tsk! dang, maybe next time, I'll elaborate further. Right now I'm starved.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1: Njokusboy , again go and sit your crusty bottom down.

. Again go and sit your fat ar's'e down nd chew on something..... U don't know jack about human life aside what you were told the numerous times you got pregnant...... Next time pick a topic on which you are knowledgeable... Ur human life theory aligns with ur brain... Both are faulty.... Fly..... U have nothing to say here....
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: Ewuro

[img]http://media.winnipegfreepress.com/images/800*528/5321584.jpg[/img]

. Lolzz, u dey blame the woman.....
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 5:07pm On Jul 05, 2014

They say a foetus is not a human

face the pro choicers... make dem no chop u raw ooo grin grin

they are correct - the fetus isn't human. personhood starts after the birth, not before.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Interesting fact. Sophy, you see?

I see what? simply because he said it, then its a fact to you? LOL. Abegi. That means every married woman should stop giving birth altogether since its a risk abi? what are the factors that led to such risks? Did you consider them? Please you cannot use that so called 'fact' to justify taking a life!! Thats not sensible to me. Makes no sense.

Dnt do the 'DO'. Simple!!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

they are correct - the fetus isn't human. personhood starts after the birth, not before.

Getting dodgy research to support abortion was the greatest mistake ever made
But thats not the point of this thread

Im suprised our feminist warriors are anti abortion...abortion was touted by them as the magic bullet

Why are dey against it now

Have sex with no consequences.. if it fails abort it.. that was their mantra...
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
some women can't cope with statistics cos statistics are facts!

http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/25/why-abortion-is-less-risky-than-childbirth/

pickabeau1:

i support abortion - there's no reason any couple should give birth to children they cannot cater for. it's that simple. when all precautions fail, abortion is the last line of defence.

Im suprised our feminist warriors are anti abortion...abortion was touted by them as the magic bullet. Why are dey against it now

and this is exactly why i am against men paying child support for the kids they didn't want. if a feminist has the right to abort, why give birth to a baby the man wants no part of & then use the courts to force him to pay for her own selfish desires?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I see what? simply because he said it, then its a fact to you? LOL. Abegi. That means every married woman should stop giving birth altogether since its a risk abi? what are the factors that led to such risks? Did you consider them? Please you cannot use that so called 'fact' to justify taking a life!! Thats not sensible to me. Makes no sense.

Dnt do the 'DO'. Simple!!

He didn't pull that statistic out of nowhere. It's from a research/study.

Ok ma'am. I won't do the do.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

He didn't pull that statistic out of nowhere. It's from a research/study.

Ok ma'am. I won't do the do.

The so called 'statistic' is completely irrelevant to this issue. Its completely senseless!! how can you use the fact that some women loose their lives during childbirth to justify abortion?? so because they both have risks, that makes abortion o.k? Jeeeeezzzzz. See reasoning! So women's lives are useless all the same since risks are invloved ba? SMH. Again, no regard for human life.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Ewuro1: 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . Again go and sit your fat ar's'e down nd chew on something..... U don't know jack about human life aside what you were told the numerous times you got pregnant...... Next time pick a topic on which you are knowledgeable... Ur human life theory aligns with ur brain... Both are faulty.... Fly..... U have nothing to say here....

Hehe . I disagreed with your stance about human life and how I believe it starts right from Germinal ( conception) and Embryonic stage. While you believed it starts from Fetal. I said I respected your opinion but you are hell bent on FACTS just cos Mr. Agbabiaka and mordern biology textbook said so. Instead for you to agree to disagree, no. you want to force your believe on me. undecided

Go and shove your 'rusty facts' in its rightful spot( your behind) and let me enjoy this omelette and raisin toast.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
LOL....

some Ladies... Logic... the two words start with L.. but thats where the similarity ends.. alas

To advocate abortion in exceptional circumstances seems reasonable but that is not politically correct in this age

I get where u are coming from..

They cant choose what they want

You wanted free sex without conseqences yet want to lump the effects on the men however i believe society suffers overall

lots of illegitimate kids, overburdened single parents etc

we need a better way

Close your legs until you are in a committed relationship
That has been my stance

coogar: some women can't cope with statistics cos statistics are facts!

http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/25/why-abortion-is-less-risky-than-childbirth/

i support abortion - there's no reason any couple should give birth to children they cannot cater for. it's that simple. when all precautions fail, abortion is the last line of defence.

and this is exactly why i am against men paying child support for the kids they didn't want. if a feminist has the right to abort, why give birth to a baby the man wants no part of & then use the courts to force him to pay for her own selfish desires?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Im suprised our feminist warriors are anti abortion...abortion was touted by them as the magic bullet

Why are dey against it now

. The female warriors are against a number of feminist views... They are only feminists when it suits their argument..... Lolzzz, they even claim to be the real feminists.....
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: LOL....
some Ladies... Logic... the two words start with L.. but thats where the similarity ends.. alas

To advocate abortion in exceptional circumstances seems reasonable but that is not politically correct in this age

I get where u are coming from..
They cant choose what they want

You wanted free sex without conseqences yet want to lump the effects on the men however i believe society suffers overall

lots of illegitimate kids, overburdened single parents etc

we need a better way
Close your legs until you are in a committed relationship
That has been my stance

and what happens to the men who have stepped a foot on this landmine? they should continue to pay hundreds of thousands to the kid they don't even see, can't bond with, etc?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
njokusboy: . The female warriors are against a number of feminist views... They are only feminists when it suits their argument..... Lolzzz, they even claim to be the real feminists.....

grin grin grin grin grin grin

coogar abeg give this guy a nice gif
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

and what happens to the men who have stepped a foot on this landmine? they should continue to pay hundreds of thousands to the kid they don't even see, can't bond with, etc?

Also there should be a reform of child custody and these women leeches should be made to give account of what they use child support payment for

It will take time
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Ewuro1: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2014

I'm not blaming him.. He's forcing his convictions over mine.

Pro choices are least of my worries.. I do my part in the campaign and hope for the best.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

I said I respected your opinion but you are hell bent on FACTS just cos Mr. Agbabiaka and mordern biology textbook said so.

grin grin grin

Sophyrocks:
The so called 'statistic' is completely irrelevant to this issue. Its completely senseless!! how can you use the fact that some women loose their lives during childbirth to justify abortion?? so because they both have risks, that makes abortion o.k? Jeeeeezzzzz. See reasoning! So women's lives are useless all the same since risks are invloved ba? SMH. Again, no regard for human life.

It's completely relevant. You said abortion is bad because of the risks it poses. Whereas, child birth is more risky. Should we then say child birth is bad and stop giving birth?

You should stick to the "Murder angle" to help your argument. The resident statistician has debunked your "risk angle".
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

Hehe . I disagreed with your stance about human life and how I believe it starts right from Germinal ( conception) and Embryonic stage. While you believed it starts from Fetal. I said I respected your opinion but you are hell bent on FACTS just cos Mr. Agbabiaka and mordern biology textbook said so. Instead for you to agree to disagree, no. you want to force your believe on me. undecided

Go and shove your 'rusty facts' in its rightful spot( your behind) and let me enjoy this omelette and raisin toast.
. Biology textbooks were not written by u and I, they were written by experts, I didn't say they were my opinion, I stated that they were facts, ur much renowned doctor may not even be qualified to write modern biology.... It isn't even an argument, I was telling you what you didn't know... Owk now that you know it, stick to ur opinion.... But heck, u brought ur opinion upon me when u quoted me... But don't come here and make generalisations based on ur opinion as opposed to facts, people like me would invariably put you right.... I would love to shove those facts back in my a'r'se', they seem wasted on you.... Don't choke on dat omellete, least you blame me for ur problems...
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ewuro1:

I'm not blaming him.. He's forcing his convictions over mine.

Pro choices are least of my worries.. I do my part in the campaign and hope for the best.

Ok... good for clarifying ur position

But the pro choicers are powerful... they even give teens birth control without the consent of parents, i wonder what the next gen will be like
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

grin grin grin

It's completely relevant. You said abortion is bad because of the risks it poses. Whereas, child birth is more risky. Should we then say child birth is bad and stop giving birth?

You should stick to the "Murder angle" to help your argument. The resident statistician has debunked your "risk angle".

I still stand by my views on risks and the moral angle of abortion. Its Murder. Its not right. But childbirth as a whole is right and a gift from God even when it comes with its risks. Its a thing of joy for humans. The risks can be minimised if the woman takes precautions and prevents factors that contribute to the risks! Its what families look up to have in their homes!! Is abortion a thing of joy? Can the risks be minimised? It takes only a person with no regard for human life to try to compare the two. They are not the same. The risk of abortion and childbirth CANNOT be compared!!! Find something else to compare.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hehehhehehe

This is an interesting angle but is contradictory to the principles of choice which female activists hold dear

Is it possible for a feminist to be aversive to abortion

Sophyrocks:
I still stand by my views on risks and the moral angle of abortion. Its Murder. Its not right. But childbirth as a whole is right and a gift from God even when it comes with its risks. Its a thing of joy for humans. The risks can be minimised if the woman takes precautions and is prevents factors that contribute to the risks! Its what families look up to have in their homes!! Is abortion is thing of joy? Can the risks be minimised? It takes only a person with no regard for human life to try to compare the two. They are not the same. The risk of abortion and childbirth CANNOT be compared!!! Find something else to compare.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: Hehehhehehe
This is an interesting angle but is contradictory to the principles of choice which female activists hold dear

Is it possible for a feminist to be aversive to abortion.

feminists have always been known to want to eat their cake & still have it. i am not surprised. they can be weak & strong at the same time - it depends on which circumstance.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pick-a-boo-boo and feminists undecided
I bet he dreams about them at night lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
What did i do again oooooo

Im here to learn.. i dont dream of them ooo.. i never get all the money finish... na that one i go dey dream of

alutacontinua: Pick-a-boo-boo and feminists undecided
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I still stand by my views on risks and the moral angle of abortion. Its Murder. Its not right. But childbirth as a whole is right and a gift from God even when it comes with its risks. Its a thing of joy for humans. The risks can be minimised if the woman takes precautions and prevents factors that contribute to the risks! Its what families look up to have in their homes!! Is abortion is thing of joy? Can the risks be minimised? It takes only a person with no regard for human life to try to compare the two. They are not the same. The risk of abortion and childbirth CANNOT be compared!!! Find something else to compare.

"Joy" and "right" are relative. It's a joyful or rightful thing to you doesn't mean it's the same for your neighbor.

The risks can be compared ma. Child birth is riskier. Child birth is 14 times more likely to lead to death compared to abortion. What's there to argue about?

The risk of abortion can also be minimized or avoided, with the right doctor.

A gift from God? Hmm. We need to understand that not everyone believes there's a God, talkless of a gift from him.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
alutacontinua: Pick-a-boo-boo and feminists undecided

You are damn right!! Thats why he calls a female with a different view from his a Feminist!!

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Nigerian Man, His Oyinbo Wife And Their 4 Kids In Matching Outfits Family Photos / 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.