Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? (3515 Views)

Why Are Ladies Scared To Date Handsome Guys?? / Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? / Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
Am I the only one who is or has been in this predicament...
I push people away when they say they love me.

I am generally not attracted to girls and in past times some girls have come up to me after being friends for a while saying they like and love me. I usually put them down gently...

I have always liked guys emotionally and sexually. But in recent years I have received three love declarations from three different guys.

Its the same feeling that wells up inside me when those girls said they like me. I pushed those guys away. And they were really great guys.

Am I actually scared of falling in love?

Need advice and Help?

2 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by farano(f): 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
Gay alert! *shakes my left ear*
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
@farano:
Gay alert! *shakes my left ear*

Yep... I put that on my topic....

Do you have any advice dear... Have u ever being scared of falling in love or being loved

1 Like

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
@op, in one of your threads, you said you're celibate. My thought was that you probably haven't given yourself that chance of expressing your feelings the way you want, to someone that's ready to listen. I thought maybe, you haven't been into any relationship, guess i was right.

You're scared of falling in love because relationships are being sexualized, this you know. If you're ready to walk into a relationship, have it at the back of your mind that you might not come out of it as celibate as you walked in.

To some, having same sex attraction doesn't make them gay, until intimacy, which is a wrong notion if you ask me.

As regards the case at hand, I think you're more than just the label, you're not just gay but scared to fall in love(or rather, scared of homosexual intimacy). If you want to enter into a relationship, you should go in with both eyes, head and heart open, be prepared for love, fights, breakups, makeups and séx.

7 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
And believe me, nobody has pushed people away more than me, i only do that out of fear/scared of something.

3 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Jamie87(m): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
I've always been of the opinion that people who claim to be gay are mostly confused people who don't understand themselves. . . But really, that's none of my business.

3 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing: @op, in one of your threads, you said you're celibate. My thought was that you probably haven't given yourself that chance of expressing your feelings the way you want, to someone that's ready to listen. I thought maybe, you haven't been into any relationship, guess i was right.

You're scared of falling in love because relationships are being sexualized, this you know. If you're ready to walk into a relationship, have it at the back of your mind that you might not come out of it as celibate as you walked in.

To some, having same sex attraction doesn't make them gay, until intimacy, which is a wrong notion if you ask me.

As regards the case at hand, I think you're more than just the label, you're not just gay but scared to fall in love(or rather, scared of homosexual intimacy). If you want to enter into a relationship, you should go in with both eyes, head and heart open, be prepared for love, fights, breakups, makeups and séx.

Thanks GSKing you just described my life though lol u guessed right . I would never know until I take a step forward. Are u in a relationship now?
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
][color=#000030:
I've always been of the opinion that people who claim to be gay are mostly confused people who don't understand themselves. . . But really, that's none of my business. [/color]

Yeah that y they say you people are Str8.... Str8 forward and know what u want.

Our Lives are more complicated and eventful ...

1 Like

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
][color=#000030:
I've always been of the opinion that people who claim to be gay are mostly confused people who don't understand themselves. . . But really, that's none of my business. [/color]

Come here Mr Man, I've been following you since the days of sexkillz, and its always best to stand on the sidelines if you don't understand the topic of discussion. You have freedom of speech/posts anyway...

@on a serious note, what's with your obsession with frogs and tea bags?

9 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Jamie87(m): 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scaredsilent:

Yeah that y they say you people are Str8.... Str8 forward and know what u want.

Our Lives are more "complicated" and "eventful" ...
Wonder how someone uses complicated and eventful in the same sentence. . . But really none of my business tho. I pray belgium defeats argentina.
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scaredsilent:

Thanks GSKing you just described my life though lol u guessed right . I would never know until I take a step forward. Are u in a relationship now?

Nope, im not, im currently using school and final exams as an excuse to dodge relationship, lol.

but deep down, my blueetooth connection is always active, silently searching for a girlfriendsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

Come here Mr Man, I've been following you since the days of sexkillz, and its always best to stand on the sidelines if you don't understand the topic of discussion. You have freedom of speech/posts anyway...

@on a serious note, what's with your obsession with frogs and tea bags?

He might be gay... subconsciously ... They say majority of homophobic people are just repressed homosexuals...

1 Like

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
][color=#000030:
Wonder how someone uses complicated and eventful in the same sentence. . . But really none of my business tho. I pray belgium defeats argentina. [/color]

The funny thing is I don't watch soccer and am not even the slightest bit interested in Belgium and Argentina... The last time I checked naira land is for Nigerians.
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
][color=#000030:
Wonder how someone uses complicated and eventful in the same sentence. . . But really none of my business tho. I pray belgium defeats argentina. [/color]

@bolded, c'mon Mr, you want to bring in your friends to damage this thread, you and i know its not the regular stúpid thread of the romance section. So please, I truly want argentina out of the mundial, but let's not do it on this thread, hmmm, thanks.
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

Nope, im not, im currently using school and final exams as an excuse to dodge relationship, lol.

but deep down, my blueetooth connection is always active, silently searching for a girlfriendsmiley

You sound fun by the way lol. I pray you get a girl too. i should probably put on mine 2 and get me some man lol
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scaredsilent:

He might be gay... subconsciously ... They say majority of homophobic people are just repressed homosexuals...

If there's one thing i know, its a fact (which can be disproved as time goes on) that jamie isn't gay, neither is he over-the-edge homophobic. i have a pix of his babe on my phone, lol

2 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Jamie87(m): 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scaredsilent:

The only defence gay people spring on your face - Homophobic. But then again, they aren't the brightest people. How someone thinks I'm homophobic simply because I disagree with him and have a different opinion, is mind bogging. But then again, I remember some of them are just confused and desperately in need to belong.

1 Like

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
Lol felt a bit annoyed with his reference to the world cup on my thread he hasn't really said anything homophobic.
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Jamie87(m): 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scaredsilent: Lol felt a bit annoyed with his reference to the world cup on my thread he hasn't really said anything homophobic.
If I'd wanted this thread ruined, it would have been ruined, trust me.
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scaredsilent:

You sound fun by the way lol. I pray you get a girl too. i should probably put on mine 2 and get me some man lol

yeah buddy you should, always nice to express your feelings every chance you get

][color=#000030:
The only defence gay people spring on your face - Homophobic. But then again, they aren't the brightest people. How someone thinks I'm homophobic simply because I disagree with him and have a different opinion, is mind bogging. But then again, I remember some of them are just confused and desperately in need to belong. [/color]

Im gay and homophobia isnt my defense, matter of fact, i don't have a 'defence'. Im not confused and definitely don't need to belong anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
Wow! thank you jamie, scaredsilent thank you also for not arguing further with him.

let's just go back to the issue at hand, aiit?
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Jamie87(m): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

yeah buddy you should, always nice to express your feelings every chance you get

Im gay and homophobia isnt my defense, matter of fact, i don't have a 'defence'. Im not confused and definitely don't need to belong anywhere.
You spoke for yourself. Not the scaredycat that is yet to decide whether to be gay or not, on a day argentina and messi are on the verge of being knocked out like spain. I call that confusion.
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
][color=#000030:
If I'd wanted this thread ruined, it would have been ruined, trust me. [/color]

I dont get you Jamie dear... What is your point. My thread was a simple question. So far you have not giving any constructive advise. So far all you said is that I am confused, not bright, and am calling you a homophobe now you want to ruin the thread...

I have already gotten good advise from GSking, Its a free world say what u like... hopefully vistors would get the good part of this thread and not your negative energy.

3 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
][color=#000030:
You spoke for yourself. Not the scaredycat that is yet to decide whether to be gay or not, on a day argentina and messi are on the verge of being knocked out like spain. I call that confusion. [/color]

Again i dont care who is playing in the world cup right now lol. I find it hard to understand why soccer fans think other people watch soccer 2 :p lol
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scaredsilent:

I dont get you Jamie dear... What is your point. My thread was a simple question. So far you have not giving any constructive advise. So far all you said is that I am confused, not bright, and am calling you a homophobe now you want to ruin the thread...

I have already gotten good advise from GSking, Its a free world say what u like... hopefully vistors would get the good part of this thread and not your negative energy.

Lol, im just laughing here shaa, i know i hate cowards and intimidation. I hate bullies too but if you only know what jamie and his friends does to thread they don't like, you'll just laugh with megrin

please guys, calm it already...
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

Lol, im just laughing here shaa, i know i hate cowards and intimidation. I hate bullies too but if you only know what jamie and his friends does to thread they don't like, you'll just laugh with megrin

please guys, calm it already...

I don't care what he does to the thread. I try to look at the positive and not the negative. i have already gotten something from you that i will add to my life. Keep the additions take out the negatives.

What did you mean by hating cowards?
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by GSKing: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scaredsilent:

I don't care what he does to the thread. I try to look at the positive and not the negative. i have already gotten something from you that i will add to my life. Keep the additions take out the negatives.

What did you mean by hating cowards?

@bolded means that it would have been painful to me if you had let jamie intimidate you out of your own thread. I love how you stood your ground on the matter, I wanted you to challenge him out of the thread too.

2 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Jamie87(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

@bolded means that it would have been painful to me if you had let jamie intimidate you out of your own thread. I love how you stood your ground on the matter, I wanted you to challenge him out of the thread too.
Intimidating someone who calls himself "scared silent" is considered over-kill by me, Jamie. He's scared already. That's enough for me.
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
GSKing:

Oh lol Please I am not at all afraid of any thing he said. I am 25 years old. I have seen a lot of things in my lifetime. This is the least or not even on my worry list. If I was a few years younger might have cried my self too sleep. i have done that some time ago. To old and wise too cry.

Everyone has their own cup of cake in this life. People should just accept there are other flavours than their own.
Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
][color=#000030:
Intimidating someone who calls himself "scared silent" is considered over-kill by me, Jamie. He's scared already. That's enough for me. [/color]

I used that name for a big reason not because I am scared (I used to be). Thats actually the summary of the being gay in our times.

that's the reason y they say Gay people come out of the closet.

We are scared of hate, scared of the judgement, scared of the society, scared of comments like we are confused and not bright.

we are so scared that we become silent and dumb to society.

it is a terrible place to be. its a dark and unforgiving place.

We lie about our beliefs, we lie about our feelings. we force our selves to marry the opposite sex, we force our selves to do what society thinks is normal.

You should be glad you are straight. Being gay is like being born black in the time of slavery on the white man's land. Cause all you would do is be silent and accept you are below the society standard.

6 Likes

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by Jamie87(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Scaredsilent:

I used that name for a big reason not because I am scared (I used to be). Thats actually the summary of the being gay in our times.

that's the reason y they say Gay people come out of the closet.

We are scared of hate, scared of the judgement, scared of the society, scared of comments like we are confused and not bright.

we are so scared that we become silent and dumb to society.

it is a terrible place to be. its a dark and unforgiving place.

We lie about our beliefs, we lie about our feelings. we force our selves to marry the opposite sex, we force our selves to do what society thinks is normal.

You should be glad you are straight. Being gay is like being born black in the time of slavery on the white man's land. Cause all you would do is be silent and accept you are below the society standard.

How then are you happy, if you are forced to basically do everything? You choose to do everything you mentioned. No one pointed a gun to your head. Yet, you blame society.

1 Like

Re: Gay Or Just Really Scared To Fall In Love? by ikes9(m): 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
yhu scared to fall in Love

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arva Is Back. / Must Read: My Chat With A White Lady / Herbal Mixture That Would Enhance Your Performance And Stop Premature Ejaculatio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.