Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? (38011 Views)

FG Upgrades Four Colleges Of Education To Varsities / Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria / List Of Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by herald9: 1:42am On Jul 07, 2014
naijaboiy:
hey bro,,i think you should lay low a little about this U.I ish you shout everywhere...
You are still an aspirant (at least for now),,you dunno if you will get admitted or not,,talk more of getting your desired course...nigerian universities can Fvck you up and throw you off balance when you least expect...
#JustAnAdvice bro smiley
#AdviceOfLife

They said A word is enough for the....

But unfortunately Francis needs more than a word.Pity! sad

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by leshluap(m): 4:20am On Jul 07, 2014
Op, not an insult o, bt na polythenic u attend, otherwise, why, Uniben, lautech, no dey d list,,,...source: crown poly portal..
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 07, 2014
truGambit: 1.what's the criteria for picking the top 10.
2.medicine isn't just bout having fancy equipments n being in a popular school. The tym spent acquiring the stuff and how it is taught is also important.
3.I also think top schools shudnt just b abt d old alumni.the way her fresh doctors r performing in the primaries,part 1 n 11 exams

Thank you.
This is where Unizik comes in.
No school beats it in part 1 and 2 exams. All these over rated unis rely on their long duration of existence/popularity for glory and they don't do any better in these exams.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by mumu9gerian: 7:29am On Jul 07, 2014
Doclight: lolz

francis eh!

actually he's aspiring ui thats why.
so he is still aspiring? na wa o,the boy is too immature,there are many more intelligent peeps who never went to UI and are excelling,just saying that you work to excel wherever you are than let thr school get into your head

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by ebner70(m): 8:28am On Jul 07, 2014
AAU,NDU and Delsuth have nothing to do in this list, UNN ranks higher if nt no 1, UNIBEN must be on the list to make it credible

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by somwills007(m): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
nice tip for medical students to be.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
FrancisTony: 1) University of Ibadan.

2) Obafemi awolowo university.

3) University of Ilorin.

4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.

5) University of lagos.

6) Lagos state University.

7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.

cool Delta state university Abraka.

9) Niger delta university.

10) Ambrose Alli University ekpoma.

Do you think I am right or wrong? Prove me wrong?
Probably u havent been to LAUTECH TEACHING HOSPITAL, U NID 2PAY A VISIT DEN U WILL AV TO RATE LAUTECH AS 3RD OR 4TH
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by zurine(f): 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
wow
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by iswallker(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
Doclight: francis be careful. Oga seun is viewing all theseViewing this topic: Kslib(m), lekside05(m), Seun(m), omicron(m), Glocee(f), lomaxx (m), Adedayolayo(f) , Marverick(m), Doclight, Vivly(f) and 1 guest(s)

so you have time to be writing usernames...smh
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by chelseabmw(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Doclight: for me

ui
unilag
unilorin
oau
uniben
unn
unizik
uniport
unical
lasu.
aau

i wonder what delsu is doing there, and left does good federal unis.

Smh

Exactly my thoughts... delsu ke
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by begwong: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Where is unijos?
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by mbaka0433: 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Wetin concern meoooooooooo?

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by chelseabmw(m): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
ebner70: AAU,NDU and Delsuth have nothing to do in this list, UNN ranks higher if nt no 1, UNIBEN must be on the list to make it credible

AAU deserves to be there my broda.. as for uniben they had their license seized
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
very wrong, Olabisi Onabanjo University is not in your list .The school where their medical students lead your so call listed schools in almost every competition. #sentiment apart#

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by sainty2k3(m): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Shyna112:
Probably u havent been to LAUTECH TEACHING HOSPITAL, U NID 2PAY A VISIT DEN U WILL AV TO RATE LAUTECH AS 3RD OR 4TH

Thanmk you my brother. I wonder what true use in rating , o did house job with people from many of this schools, I think u need to remove Lasuth and some other schools from the list.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by retepmurt(m): 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
passion007: As someone who has actually been round medical schools in the country, here's my list:

University of Ibadan
University of Nigeria
Obafemi Awolowo University
University of Benin
University of Lagos
Ahmadu Bello University
University of Ilorin
University of Calabar
Enugu State University(Parklane)
Delta State University (Oghara)

Each school has their unique strengths.
Ibadan for laparoscopic surgeries
UNN for cardiac and neurosurgery
Benin for assisted conception
OAU for cardiology
Delsuth for nephrology
We are talking abt best medical schools and not teaching hospitals and their specialities.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by retepmurt(m): 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
yettybaby112: very wrong, Olabisi Onabanjo University is not in your list .The school where their medical students lead your so call listed schools in almost every competition. #sentiment apart#
There ws a time admission to medicine in this sch was based on 'bring a certain amount and we wil give u medicine'.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by kobonaire(m): 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
lomaxx: You're not wrong. Attending a top medical school in Nigeria makes you a better doctor, your diagnosis will always be top-notch, ensures you automatically have the answers to all health problems. It also means you'll never have to fail professional examinations as a student and finally you're better off than folks in Harvard Med.
I like the first part of your post ..... you probably started drinking sapele water when you wrote the part in bold though
grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by retepmurt(m): 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Unilorin
Oau
Ui
Uniben
Uniport
Unilag
ABU
Unijos
Bayero
Unical
Most if not all state medical schools are nt well funded and it has direct effects on their products.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by passion007: 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
retepmurt: Unilorin
Oau
Ui
Uniben
Uniport
Unilag
ABU
Unijos
Bayero
Unical
Most if not all state medical schools are nt well funded and it has direct effects on their products.

Myopic list!

You need to move around.
Don't shout 'Unilorin' simply because you're a student of that school.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Kingzy4pep(m): 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Kingzy4pep(m): 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
ebner70: AAU,NDU and Delsuth have nothing to do in this list, UNN ranks higher if nt no 1, UNIBEN must be on the list to make it credible
U are saying Unn is better because U are either a student there or u know someone schooling there &and has told u how good their school is. Then, u think u got enough facts already. The earlier u stop under-rating schools u haven't passed through, the more u sound like an educated fellow. Give me 3 reasons for excluding those schools above. Have u been there or u were once a medical student in d 3 schools?
U guys gotta stop relying on outdated info. Times are changing jare.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Jakeattah(m): 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
University of Maiduguri is not there so ur wrong
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Blessedwhite(m): 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
grin my delsu
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by DocAdray(f): 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
OP, whats the basis for this ranking

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
retepmurt: There ws a time admission to medicine in this sch was based on 'bring a certain amount and we wil give u medicine'.
hear yourself , medicine of all courses
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by retepmurt(m): 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
yettybaby112:
hear yourself , medicine of all courses
Pls find out.
Re: Top 10 Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria? by jaypee100: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
What's ur criteria and source of order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission / Latest Update On AGBAMI Scholarship 2015 Application / Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.